bews

Aug 1, 2020
When exactly was that rule change in f95?
No idea, but previously banned games are now approved and posted. Basically as long as u don't tell the age and being ambiguous about it it's fine? IIRC the current visual threshold is 7 yo, as long as the art looks older there shouldn't be any problems.

And arguing they were all of legal age, actually, and we could make that "even clearer" didn't work.
Welp with the new art pack it might be possible, since none of the lols look super young. With another art + no mentions in the game I don't see any reason why it should be banned.

I think my translation is indeed wrong, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I mean
Nah, it was fine and my answer is the same.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
No idea, but previously banned games are now approved and posted. Basically as long as u don't tell the age and being ambiguous about it it's fine? IIRC the current visual threshold is 7 yo, as long as the art looks older there shouldn't be any problems.

Welp with the new art pack it might be possible, since none of the lols look super young. With another art + no mentions in the game I don't see any reason why it should be banned.
I speculate (I have too since the mods have been voluntarily ambiguous with every decision) that it's more about the content in which these lolz find themselves in.

They probably have less problems with romance and classic sex. But as soon as it becomes non-consensual and/or there are depictions of fetish heavy acts such as those that include horses and stuff ( :coffee: ), they won't consider it.

To be fair, this patch was a blessing in disguise for the game's longevity and shareability. Some Lolz games are close to impossible to get hosted anywhere these days, F95 is no exception: 1723462597132.png .

Last edited:

bews

Aug 1, 2020
With the new model release now we can start working on the backgrounds. qwertyu12359 I think we need ur help here.

AI can produce very beautiful and detailed images now:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But it requires a detailed description. For example I can easily upscale old existing backgrounds:

But here are 2 problems:
1. Some details are lost because I didn't describe them.
2. Those old images are not perfect to begin with, so it might be better to create something completely different using some other images as a base.

So bc of this I need a detaled description of each background: what exactly should be there (all small details) and how the composition should look like (need a reference image). We can start with 2-3 backgrounds and see how it will go.

The main concern here is lore, bc I played it a long time ago and don't really remember anything. So we need someone who knows the lore to make those descriptions.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
With the new model release now we can start working on the backgrounds. qwertyu12359 I think we need ur help here.

AI can produce very beautiful and detailed images now:

But it requires a detailed description. For example I can easily upscale old existing backgrounds:

But here are 2 problems:
1. Some details are lost because I didn't describe them.
2. Those old images are not perfect to begin with, so it might be better to create something completely different using some other images as a base.

So bc of this I need a detaled description of each background: what exactly should be there (all small details) and how the composition should look like (need a reference image). We can start with 2-3 backgrounds and see how it will go.

The main concern here is lore, bc I played it a long time ago and don't really remember anything. So we need someone who knows the lore to make those descriptions.
I should clarify for bystanders who read me that I find most of the current bgs to look satisfying to me, in terms of art style, composition, atmosphere and lore. Nothing should be replaced in the base-game unless it's unarguably better. But as a mod, it would be amazing to have a homogeneous art overhaul.

So sure, let me try to help. Do you want me to try here on the thread, or we do a private message thread to keep it contained?

Wherever, tell me the 2-3 backgrounds you want a description of. While we can use the current ones as models, we can also go from what I had in my mind or put as tags in my internet searches when looking for them, and see what fits best.

bews

Aug 1, 2020
Wherever, tell me the 2-3 backgrounds you want a description of. While we can use the current ones as models, we can also go from what I had in my mind or put as tags in my internet searches when looking for them, and see what fits best.
Just pick any that don't have nudity (since it's not supported yet). Also no need to for tags, just a simple text description. The more detailed it will be, the better.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Here's current Serpi: serpis.png (cool because it's overcrowded and mixes architecture styles which infers it's fantasy-byzantine side of Eternal Rome) - I think it should be the composition reference.

Here's the original: serpis.jpg (cool because we can see the anthil as per the lore descriptions, and the technology is visible too)

This is the opportunity to get the best of what AI can offer: an artistically superior and more lore accurate version than what we have available (without an artist team at hand).

I fed ChatGPT with as much lore as I was able to, and the two images, asking for a detailed but straightforward description of what we should be able to see at eye-level when entering the quarter:

Tell me if that's okay.

bews

Aug 1, 2020
Tell me if that's okay.
That's not what I meant, guess I should have given an example. So if we take this picture
I had to put in the description that there is a staircase or it would morph to something unknown. Also I had to describe those trees as cypresses trees - otherwise they would become dead trees or shadows. This is the type of the description I need: what and where.

This is aboslutely useless and makes it worse:
" the air thick with the scent of oil and smoke "
"The entrance to the Serpentine Quarter" - AI doesnt know what is "Serpentine Quarter"
" The image also captures various smaller details " - this exact text makes it worse.

It should look something like this: An old worn building on the left with a big neon sign saying "Virgin's Hip". Two men in a futuristic armor are standing at the entrance. They have glowing red eyes and hold an energy spear with the glowing tip.
And so on.

Anyway I've still generated some images with the current prompt:

Some details were lost bc of bad prompt + the whole quality is not great bc a second (and maybe even 3d) pass needed. Basically the whole idea is turn the original image into something that AI made and then improve on it.

Or... We can generate from 0:

Results are not great bc the prompt is filled with the details that AI doesn't understand - this is why it can't follow the description properly. The longer the description - the less weight each detail has. Add something that AI can't understand how to draw and u get the results above.

Even so... IMO all of them are better than the original.

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
That's not what I meant, guess I should have given an example. So if we take this picture
I had to put in the description that there is a staircase or it would morph to something unknown. Also I had to describe those trees as cypresses trees - otherwise they would become dead trees or shadows. This is the type of the description I need: what and where.

This is aboslutely useless and makes it worse:
" the air thick with the scent of oil and smoke "
"The entrance to the Serpentine Quarter" - AI doesnt know what is "Serpentine Quarter"
" The image also captures various smaller details " - this exact text makes it worse.

It should look something like this: An old worn building on the left with a big neon sign saying "Virgin's Hip". Two men in a futuristic armor are standing at the entrance. They have glowing red eyes and hold an energy spear with the glowing tip.
And so on.

Anyway I've still generated some images with the current prompt:

Some details were lost bc of bad prompt + the whole quality is not great bc a second (and maybe even 3d) pass needed. Basically the whole idea is turn the original image into something that AI made and then improve on it.

Or... We can generate from 0:

Results are not great bc the prompt is filled with the details that AI doesn't understand - this is why it can't follow the description properly. The longer the description - the less weight each detail has. Add something that AI can't understand how to draw and u get the results above.

Even so... IMO all of them are better than the original.
I don't think any of them is better than the original, I'd like to know why you find so. The original (from 2.3 at least) is a good looking piece of art, with great composition and atmosphere. Looks like an oil painting, I feel like I'm there, feeling the crowd, lost in this byzantine pastiche from nowhere.

But I think they are close to be on at least on par. It has for itself that it can include technological elements and known landmarks, so the potential is definitely there to look better and ultimately replace it even in the official release.

The IA generated pictures for now mostly misses population density, guards look uneven with the serpis guards (which by the way was made with Midjourney by Uncelius with every detail matching what we wanted so it can be our reference for armor and colorimetry). Text can look weird, etc. I also like the water element of the original, which makes it fit the overhaul city map, and give this "crossroad of civilisation" aspect to it like Constantinople.

Once every element and the composition we need is there, it'll be a question of refining style, lightning, texture and atmosphere.

Here's a new attempt:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
the pictures are not loading in dev version for me. how can i fix it? (i download everything)
Please tell me where you unpacked the media_base archive

And do you have the "content" folder (inside "game" folder) next to the "css" and "engine" folders? Screenshot of your "game" folder is appreciated.

joeshmo828282

Mar 23, 2022
That 4th picture is scary impressive, even if the 'techno-sphere' is a bit on the nose.

I am wondering if you could run them though an oil painting filter to get them back to the oil painting style...

ehh. maybe? maybe there are AI oil painting tools that would do better? I suspect we might have to do some AI in-painting or perhaps actual artistry to touch these things up if we wanted to use them...

For example, if you wanted say, a top down of the entire city, I suspect you would have to do individual pictures of the fogs, slums, the wall, the quarters, and white town, and then merge them together. And the quarters all need their magical spire whatevers which hold back the fog, and white town the hippodrome and so forth.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 59 Votes