4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

Tennoujirex

Dec 26, 2021
Previous dev blog in case anyone wanted it:HideThePain:

ex1.jpg ex2.jpg

Clothing, clothing, clothing...
Hi, everyone. I have probably mentioned it before, but the clothes are DAZ Studio's bane. The character figures for the most part work well for any pose that's not too extreme. But the clothing items rarely do. And even more so when you combine clothing items from different sets. And the problem is that it's impossible to say which item is made well, and which will start falling apart on even a simple pose. Some authors are better than others, but even in a single author's work the quality in that department varies.
So I usually choose an outfit, and then try a few poses to see what happens. And depending on how bad the situation is, I can decide to change items from it. Sometimes though an issue sneaks up on you and you see it when the work on the events have already started. This is what happened with Jessica's blazer in this update. I had already made dozens of renders with the outfit, when I noticed a weird issue with the edge of the blazer. It just doesn't smooth out, no matter how much you subdivide, the edge basically acts as if it's low res. For those of you who don't know what that is - A 3D object is made of polygons, the more polygons you have the smoother the surface looks. And the way you add more is by dividing the existing ones. Like this:
exZ.jpg

The issues was not big, but it does make this jagged edge (like you can see in the first image). And sometimes it would even create a bad clipping with the other clothes (the second image). And it's in a very crucial area, I think you would agree :p
So I had to find a workaround. I won't bore you with the details, but it wasn't something complex. I had to re-render some images, and it did add an annoying extra step in the workflow for each image where Jess is wearing the blazer. But I like how it looks, so I'll probably use it in again the future, however annoying it may be.
Anyway, just thought I should share an interesting tidbit from the work process.

I'm working on the last scene at the moment. It's been a little more complicated than I thought. Not technically, but creatively. I was struggling to find the right approach to what I want to happen in it. I definitely won't make it by the end of the month, so the release of the update will happen in the beginning of September. I'll let you know when all the images are ready, after that I will need a week to finish the writing with Amanda and test it.

Have fun, and thanks for the support.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023

View attachment 2921525 View attachment 2921526

Hi, everyone. I have probably mentioned it before, but the clothes are DAZ Studio's bane. The character figures for the most part work well for any pose that's not too extreme. But the clothing items rarely do. And even more so when you combine clothing items from different sets. And the problem is that it's impossible to say which item is made well, and which will start falling apart on even a simple pose. Some authors are better than others, but even in a single author's work the quality in that department varies.
So I usually choose an outfit, and then try a few poses to see what happens. And depending on how bad the situation is, I can decide to change items from it. Sometimes though an issue sneaks up on you and you see it when the work on the events have already started. This is what happened with Jessica's blazer in this update. I had already made dozens of renders with the outfit, when I noticed a weird issue with the edge of the blazer. It just doesn't smooth out, no matter how much you subdivide, the edge basically acts as if it's low res. For those of you who don't know what that is - A 3D object is made of polygons, the more polygons you have the smoother the surface looks. And the way you add more is by dividing the existing ones. Like this:
View attachment 2921523

The issues was not big, but it does make this jagged edge (like you can see in the first image). And sometimes it would even create a bad clipping with the other clothes (the second image). And it's in a very crucial area, I think you would agree :p
So I had to find a workaround. I won't bore you with the details, but it wasn't something complex. I had to re-render some images, and it did add an annoying extra step in the workflow for each image where Jess is wearing the blazer. But I like how it looks, so I'll probably use it in again the future, however annoying it may be.
Anyway, just thought I should share an interesting tidbit from the work process.

I'm working on the last scene at the moment. It's been a little more complicated than I thought. Not technically, but creatively. I was struggling to find the right approach to what I want to happen in it. I definitely won't make it by the end of the month, so the release of the update will happen in the beginning of September. I'll let you know when all the images are ready, after that I will need a week to finish the writing with Amanda and test it.

LowRezBlazer - W - T - F :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The main thing is that the BooBs are in HigRes and the rest is all doesn't matter !!!

It’s easier to fix everything quickly in Photoshop than to re-render!
2 min in photoshop
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Stopper is a Fabulous Fu :whistle: er

Last edited:

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
What a total crock of shit. This guy is completely nuts and totally his own worst enemy.
Nobody would even notice the 'error', if he hadn't pointed it out.
All that needs is a bit of correction in Photoshop.

But as the fanboys keep telling us, QUALITY! Remember the QUALITY, guys!

December release, if at all.

Obranyi

Sep 16, 2019
What a total crock of shit. This guy is completely nuts and totally his own worst enemy.
All that needs is a bit of correction in Photostudio.

QUALITY!!!!! We don't understand fan morons, QUALITY!!! :poop:

Anaskm07

Mar 14, 2020
LowRezBlazer - W - T - F :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The main thing is that the BooBs are in HigRes and the rest is all doesn't matter !!!

It’s easier to fix everything quickly in Photoshop than to re-render!
2 min in photoshop
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Stopper is a Fabulous Fu :whistle: er
don't mention photoshop to him he will made another excuse

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020

View attachment 2921525 View attachment 2921526

View attachment 2921523

adam-sandler-funny.gif
loop + stopper Jess I feel for you.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
I've got to take issue with this bit of the blog:-
I had already made dozens of renders with the outfit, when I noticed a weird issue with the edge of the blazer.
Seriously? No. He just didn't.
This guy is barely capable of doing the equivalent of one render per day, so there is lterally no fucking way he did dozens of them, before he noticed the 'enormous fuck-up', or like ever.

But, never mind all that....QUALITY, guys!
Q-U-A-L-I-T-Y!;)

TeamEquipe

Mar 3, 2020
All that needs is a bit of correction in Photoshop.

Genuinely made me lol.
So true.
Anyway, the beginning of September is now rapidly approaching the middle of September ... so I reckon maybe it will drop October'ish??

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes