4.10 star(s) 186 Votes

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I didn't even remember who he was.

One year update ...
For me, this is the biggest issue with ridiculously long time in between updates. It's at the point where my saves are meaningless because I don;t remember enough about the game to even matter. And at that point, I may as well just start over. BUT, starting over at that update would mean I trusted the dev to not do that again. And, that just isn't feasible.
So...I end up doing what I did with this game: delete all my old files, save the empty folder, titled "wait til finished; start over."
And just check back in on the thread from time to time.

DM72

Apr 9, 2023
For me, this is the biggest issue with ridiculously long time in between updates. It's at the point where my saves are meaningless because I don;t remember enough about the game to even matter. And at that point, I may as well just start over. BUT, starting over at that update would mean I trusted the dev to not do that again. And, that just isn't feasible.
So...I end up doing what I did with this game: delete all my old files, save the empty folder, titled "wait til finished; start over."
And just check back in on the thread from time to time.
So much truth!!

What was this game about again? I have it in my watched games, but legit can't remember much about it. I read the info and looked at the screen shots, but it's been so long I legit can't remember what it's about. I really don't want to start a new save, because then I'll probably like it (hence why it's in my watched games) but then I'll forget again before there's an update. Time to delete it the file and come back to check it next year I guess.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
If I'm being honest, most of the time, unless the game's story and characters really grabbed me, I end up just extracting the images/animations with Unren with these games that move at a glacial pace.

Immortal-Vn

Jan 2, 2019
Guys Is this project over ? I mean it has more than a year since we got a decent Update and the last was kinda scam.. are people still supporting stoper ?

• Angry
Reactions: Cedrog

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Guys Is this project over ? I mean it has more than a year since we got a decent Update and the last was kinda scam.. are people still supporting stoper ?
The dude is earning 1800 bucks a month. I don't know if he has a team or not, but if he is a solo dev, he should be living fairly comfortably and as such is not pulling the plug anytime soon. At least I believe he shouldn't. Can't be sure of anything anymore.

Anyhow, he did put out a dev update claiming he is working on... something? Something small apparently and an end event. No timeline of-course. Apparently some devs believe that quality required people exercise long gaps of patience. Oh well.

4xbpy1tgizha1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: TheRizzi and DD3DD

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
The dude is earning 1800 bucks a month. I don't know if he has a team or not, but if he is a solo dev, he should be living fairly comfortably and as such is not pulling the plug anytime soon. At least I believe he shouldn't. Can't be sure of anything anymore.

Anyhow, he did put out a dev update claiming he is working on... something? Something small apparently and an end event. No timeline of-course. Apparently some devs believe that quality required people exercise long gaps of patience. Oh well.

View attachment 3804965
hey there i dont know where you live but i dont live with 1800 uss at moth and i dont live in usa......only for the rent i pay 1500 so nah stopper needs to be doing something else of living with hi\her parents

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Stoper, so people say, hails from Bulgaria and went to Italy where he currently resides (?). He certainly didn't make the journey west to develop the game. He likely got a full time job and started JOHN on the side for fun or any other reason. It's certainly not his main income or would have taken the project more seriously.

Gasaraki69

Jul 8, 2018
Stoper, so people say, hails from Bulgaria and went to Italy where he currently resides (?). He certainly didn't make the journey west to develop the game. He likely got a full time job and started JOHN on the side for fun or any other reason. It's certainly not his main income or would have taken the project more seriously.
Who cares if he has a job or not. If i got $1800 US dollars on top of whatever I'm making for doing nothing, I'll be real happy. I wish I made an extra $1800 a month.

Reactions: mma456

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
hey there i dont know where you live but i dont live with 1800 uss at moth and i dont live in usa......only for the rent i pay 1500 so nah stopper needs to be doing something else of living with hi\her parents
Please, don't misunderstand. I'm not implying 1800 dollars = Stoper must be rich. All I am saying is that getting 1800 bucks for just dropping textual updates for nearly a year straight without anything to show for it, is easy raking. Because I've seen studios far more active, making comparable quality, if not better games, make not even 1/3rd of it.

Goodthrust

Oct 26, 2017
Please, don't misunderstand. I'm not implying 1800 dollars = Stoper must be rich. All I am saying is that getting 1800 bucks for just dropping textual updates for nearly a year straight without anything to show for it, is easy raking. Because I've seen studios far more active, making comparable quality, if not better games, make not even 1/3rd of it.
this is why i stopped supporting devs a long time ago . nothing would make me happier to help out hard working devs but if i pay every month i expect to get good updates evry month. the same way u pay rent every month or phone bill etc... i dont get to live at home for free

4.10 star(s) 186 Votes