VN Ren'Py Jimmy Awkward Adventures [v0.19.4] [Jimmy TheDev]

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes
Mar 4, 2022
Good start, I like the subtle way mom sees his boner but wish she had lewd thoughts and teased him some with sexual innuendo and "accidental" touching etc. I really like the eroticism of slow yet progressive foreplay. Best of luck, I be watching for the next update. Thanks.

Oxxon

Jul 19, 2018
Congrats with your game mate, the art is looking interesting compared to those boring assets that are used again and again. I don't mind seeing a slow progression, will be playing your game. Best of luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jimmy TheDev

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Not haveing a go just genuinely puzzled and curious as to why some think it's ok for MMF and still think its a Harem game.
If this is still your plan and you still intend to use the Idea that its a Duplicate or Clone of the Mc in you MMF.
Then you should know It make no diffrence If its a duplicate or clone of the Mc.
Its actually no diffrent than it being just another male involved.

Its simply a duplicate that means its not the Mc its just a copy of him it may be physically Identical may even think similarly.
But it not the Mc.
Neither is a clone which is arguably less so once again it just a copy It also may be physically Identical may even think similarly.
But again its not the Mc.

In fact you may as well just have the girl being fucked by Identical Twins because thats pretty much what it is.
One is the Mc the other is his Identical twin they may be related but he's still just another none Mc male in the mix.
And as such I doubt you would never convince most players this is still a Harem game.

Again not a criticism on you or the game ifit's what you want to add thats your choice.
But in other games were this was used as an excuse it didn't always go down so well.
Just saying

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
Jimmy TheDev

In the summary screen and other places, you can replace the word "landlady" with %(m)s to have it insert the name created by the player, and I recommend doing the same with "Jimmy does it" when lookin at Marry's summary, with %(j)s to again call up the name the player gave themself.
Oh yes! It's already there in the latest updates :)

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
Hey there.

Tried your game (from here, 0.0.7).
Not really much yet in this version, but a few things did catch my attention.

You're doing all the posing, animating, etc? If not using stock bones, you're doing a good job, man.
That "fell to the bed" transition was way smoother than I would expect.

Combine this with the art style you chose for the characters, I think you may have a jewel.
Needs polishing? Ofc. A lot to be honest, but I say this more thinking about what it can be, not in a bad way.

There are a few typos here in there, nothing too crazy. Some might have been fixed already.

In terms of pacing, I'd personally like the reactions to MC's erection to evolve a little. Surprise/embarrassment first, etc. You do have the pandemic setting, perfect for that type of the cliché scenes. But there's a reason those things became cliché, so if executed correctly...
Once again, not saying it is bad right now (since I only saw the first release content), but managing a good pacing (not too fast, not too slow) is really important. Ofc, what matters is how you envision this.

My only concern is with the amount of content.
If what we got for 0.0.7 is equal to what we will be getting for each increment, people may have some problems with not much progress in each content. Ofc, if you happen to engage enough supporters early on, that's fine. I hope you do.
But in case you don't, it might be too much time between major points.
Like, by your roadmap v4 is dropping to public in May. It would be way too long and the attention you got from people checking your game from the first time might disappear till there. I mean, considering people need to see what you're capable of regarding the actual animation scenes, etc.

But well, who knows. Hope you keep up with your job. There were some flaws, but nothing major. The important points are really there, imo. I'll wait for v4 to see if I drop a few bucks as well. Good luck with your game!
Thank you so much for the above :)

Yes I'm doing all the posing and animations and rigs even, everything from scratch, and you are right that I should exagurate more the posing since the style of the models - I definitly should do that :) thanks :)

And you are right aboout polishing - some rig fixing here and there, thumbnails arent yet good for me and alot of details like that that I see and definitly want to polish it in the future.

Typos are the worst for me but I'm fixing them all the time and need to use translator much more often - this is really annoying :p

As it goes to quantity of updates since it a start I rushed it slightly.
As it goes to quantity of updates I needed to cut in half one of these to speed up the public release,
so updates after v4 will have more content and polishing, although like I mentioned it was only due to speed up the proper flow.
Dont worry though since on the way you'll see new characters and more teasing scenes untill v4 :)
And I still want to introduce new characters and go through the flow and pacing of the game over and over, for the returning players and for the new ones :)

Thank you once again and cya next update maybe :)

Cheers!

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
Not haveing a go just genuinely puzzled and curious as to why some think it's ok for MMF and still think its a Harem game.
If this is still your plan and you still intend to use the Idea that its a Duplicate or Clone of the Mc in you MMF.
Then you should know It make no diffrence If its a duplicate or clone of the Mc.
Its actually no diffrent than it being just another male involved.

Its simply a duplicate that means its not the Mc its just a copy of him it may be physically Identical may even think similarly.
But it not the Mc.
Neither is a clone which is arguably less so once again it just a copy It also may be physically Identical may even think similarly.
But again its not the Mc.

In fact you may as well just have the girl being fucked by Identical Twins because thats pretty much what it is.
One is the Mc the other is his Identical twin they may be related but he's still just another none Mc male in the mix.
And as such I doubt you would never convince most players this is still a Harem game.

Again not a criticism on you or the game ifit's what you want to add thats your choice.
But in other games were this was used as an excuse it didn't always go down so well.
Just saying
I think I get your point and I will be thinking about this definitly to explain it properly or to find a way not to clone or magicly appeared the second MC.
I have few ideas in mind, but there is still alot of time before it hits any update, but I'm thinking about the best solution.
I havent wrote anything yet on the MMF side so anything can happen.

SusaSwarm

Nov 3, 2019
It boggles me that someone who can spend hours composing, rendering, assembling game like this, can not bother to take 30 seconds to proofread text. I find it weird, but it could be just me.
If Jimmy wants, I can do this for him in couple languages. If you are reading this - let me know.

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
It boggles me that someone who can spend hours composing, rendering, assembling game like this, can not bother to take 30 seconds to proofread text. I find it weird, but it could be just me.
If Jimmy wants, I can do this for him in couple languages. If you are reading this - let me know.
Ofc I'm reading this and proofreading text is something I've never done before, but I know I have to - so it will come in time.
Thank you for your propossition but currently it all takes me alot of time and I want to focus on 1 language with better quality - at least without mistakes.
I've already spend alot of time fixing it all the way which hopefully will come in the next update.
Oh and I'm really struggling with British vs American english - had both lessons and I'm confusing alot here :p
All in all I will remember your propossition and contact you when I have more content :)

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
I've fixed all the writing mistakes you've listed already so they will be in next update correct. Thank you once more.
As it goes to the waking up scene with marry, clean cloth after shower, arrival of the Ann and finding the box at the attic - I must think it over and over again to find the best solution.
Thank you once again for the critic! :)

As it goes for:
1. one choice menu is there to expand in the future and have much more choices in that spots.
2. Names and relations are for the freedom of player to choose.
3. I dont know why MC doesnt need to vacuume his own room - he maybe should - I can mention about it, and maybe he did - but its like really minor for me. I will think about it and choose to fix it or not.
4. Sleeping on the covers was just simple to make it will be important in the future, but if I fold the covers in a 3D engine it will eat half of the time for the next update - so for now they will stay this way - wisely :p
5. "Impossibruu" its a meme :p
6. Limbo as I mentioned will come slowly (its already in Update 4) but alot will happen inbeetween Limbo.

I hope that clarifies it all - if not tell me and I will definitly explain or grow something better out of more criticque.

Cheers :)
Good. although i did not mind the massive level of misspelled words and poor english grammer. i thought the story was like a nickelodeon goof show so it fit. but the name change thing is WEAK. Merry like merry christmas? or Mary? and is she the mother or what. changing the relationship is fine but, oldest roommate, mid... just Name the girls...in order. let us use our imaginations as to the rest.
-and unless it is a dire coding issue, leave the 'choice' clicks out unless there IS a choice.
and finally?... the day LOOP ... NOPE NOPE NOPE. nobody likes the Same damn dialog and actions Every day. with tiny little things changing. it may be easier for you, but it may cost you your fans. :unsure:
finally finally. i may be a boomer about this. :whistle::censored: but whining and complaining about those very short and easy chores like it was the hardest thing in the world. and why it takes him ALL damn day. get a fucking clue and man up. :devilish:
that's just plain lazy work on YOUR part my friend. :rolleyes: good luck. i'll be back in a few months. :coffee:

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Of corse there are but most of updates and pics are on .

Patreon is important for me to have the funds to make this game. And to make this game better. I have a normal day job, but would love to skip to makking JAA full time. Without support I will stop after few months so the game will die or most propably slow down with the development cuz it's fun making it :). It all depends on you liking or not what I'm creating and how much you support it. For now, its OK to do it for free, but in a few months I'll coontinue or just simply stop. :) Its your and my call as well :) But for now = Have fun and enjoy :) :) :)

Although Im currently working on Update 4 which will have first Naughty/Adult/Handjob scenes.

Along the way from 0.01 there was a landlady update, a roommate update and the story progression news lady update.

It all comes together and I did speed up with the updates to have a monthly public release but it will come iin the next month or something like that.

I'm really excited on the current update, but there is still alot work ahead of me to release it.

I hope that explains alot and that you'll have a blast with Jimmy Awkward Adventures! :)

Cheers! :)
Nice game, but I hope the renders get much more realistic.

Oct 7, 2020
When sending a message about proofreading, and critiquing someone's grammar and spelling, be sure to proofread your own beforehand.
This is no inspiring a lot of confidence.
just poking a little fun here, found it a little comical.

On another note,
(And all game weirdness... why does everyone sleep on top of their covers?
3-4 nights a week I fall asleep on top of my covers. I find myself successful making my way under the covers on these nights, at about 80%. Sometimes with only an hour left before my alarm goes off. So I don't find it weird seeing people asleep on top of covers.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
just poking a little fun here, found it a little comical.
It's one of the laws of correcting people that your correction will contain mistakes. I spotted it as soon as I posted it and decided to leave it.
3-4 nights a week I fall asleep on top of my covers. I find myself successful making my way under the covers on these nights, at about 80%. Sometimes with only an hour left before my alarm goes off. So I don't find it weird seeing people asleep on top of covers.
You must live/sleep in a warmer environment than I do.

Oct 7, 2020
It's one of the laws of correcting people that your correction will contain mistakes. I spotted it as soon as I posted it and decided to leave it.

You must live/sleep in a warmer environment than I do.
Vancouver, BC. Rains about 7-8 months out year. Very timid temperatures -5c is lowest it gets except for a few freak arctic fronts that rarely roll in, this past weekend one came through -11. Its currently -1, we just got our first out of a handful snowfalls last night.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I live in England not the coldest place but hardly warmest normally either.
But when it is hot I tend to sleep above the covers also.
So I have no issue with characters in games sleeping on top of bedsheet's.
However the only time I can get annoyed by it in a game is when they are described as being in bed.
When they are clearly lying on the bed.

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes