VN Ren'Py Jimmy Awkward Adventures [v0.19.4] [Jimmy TheDev]

3.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
Honestly, with that Attitude i ain't expecting much, if anything at all. If you expect Waves of People immediately supporting you then i have bad News for ya. First and foremost you have to deliver something before anyone even think about wasting their Money and that alone may take Months if not a Year as Trust has to be earned but who am i to tell, you do you Bud.
You are right, I'm not thinking differently. I know I need too but also want to continue Jimmy Awkward Adventures.
I know its a hard road, but also a pleasent one... where I can put my imagination into 3D and a Story :)
Lets not forget that it is a fap story :p So hopefully I'll be able to combine it together in a proper way.
Thank you for honesty - it is really important. Cheers.

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
@Jimmy TheDev

This is no inspiring a lot of confidence. 6 releases and mistakes all over, does no one proofread for you?

"Ofcource I want to sleep more" Add a space "Of course I want to sleep more."

One choice menus are incredibly stupid. Just continue on with the story, I shouldn't need to click the one option the menu has.

First introduced, Merry's name is shown as Marry instead.

"She has her own cloth store which is very profitable" All spelled nicely, great. But at least in the USA, either it's going to be a clothing store, or if she actually sells just cloth that customers buy to sew into things, a fabric store.

After you make it through the name/relationship dialogue her name is now showing correctly.

Then MC's name is shown for dialogue "But...", "Tidiness is a good...", "Oh..." before switching back to Merry for "...manner..."

Not sure why the three sisters are listed as Roommates if the player selected Merry to be Mother, you may as well just change all other relationships based on that choice.

"Waking up late, doind chores, taking a shover and watching TV."

should be

"Waking up late, doing chores, taking a shower, and watching TV."

"Oh and these must belong to youngest roommate who is a chilreeder at college."

should be

"Oh and these must belong to youngest roommate who is a cheerleader at college."

Vacuuming the floors...

Why doesn't MC have to vacuum his own room, and if he does, why isn't it part of his list? Only the female members of the household have to vacuum their own rooms?

One choice menus such enough but one right after the other that are basically the same choice? No.

"Everyday I search for something interesting thing to watch."

You can go with "something interesting to watch" or "some interesting thing to watch"

Can we please have the MC bring a clean identical set of clothing with him to the bathroom instead of appearing to just get back into his dirty clothing?

Coocking - Cooking.

buissy - busy

coock - cook

literrally - literally

(And all game weirdness... why does everyone sleep on top of their covers? Well, unless you need to uncover your sleeping housemate, then they are often under the covers, or you're showing someone waking you up with a blowjob.)

minut - minute

dengerous - dangerous

concers - concerts?

Collages - Colleges

They just announce a lock down and yet Ann is able to travel? Maybe you should script this as they were already on their way somewhere and happened to be at MC's city (layover between flights?) and they are told they cannot continue their travel but must find someplace to stay for a month?

pandemy - pandemic

Attick - Attic

prepear - prepare

Noone - No one

"They are old clothing for the landladys shop" Well, I guess that clarifies that she owns a clothing store, so maybe make that use the variable the player selected instead of hard coding landlady?

Also, if the player didn't change anything relationship wise, why are his father's possessions in a box in the landlady's attic? Maybe add a line about their being sent to the MC after his father died and he just stored them up in the attic without looking at them?

vacuume - vaccum

quite - quiet

Shower dialogue should change post announcement since he can't leave the house to get a job, maybe an early reference to working remotely, or just be relieved about not searching for a job for a little while and introduce remote work later.

Impossibru - Impossible

Is this why you made it one menu after the other because the second one would change? That does not make it better, remove the one choice menu.

cerefully - carefully

And he's not starting with the whole improving his personality in his own "Limbo" by focusing on it right before sleep and doing an intense summary of the day? Or is that supposed to be what the "sum up the day cerefully" is supposed to be? If that's the case you should more directly reference Dad's notebook.
Thank you soo much!
I'm a solo dev, and no one checked my mistakes, I'm planning to fix all these somewhere in the smaller update.
But what you did will definitly be fixed in the next update!
Single choices in game are there to evolve in more choices in that points since its a loop day that will evolve.
As it goes to the names, MCs room and summary in Limbo it will come in some next public updates, it is still a pre-alpha, although with the update 4 I'm going into alpha/demo of the game kinda stage.
Nevertheless I've planned almost everything in the game, but planning is one thing and iterating is another, which is more important, and I guess you have a good point in all these - thank you :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: mcfaceface

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
@Jimmy TheDev

This is no inspiring a lot of confidence. 6 releases and mistakes all over, does no one proofread for you?

"Ofcource I want to sleep more" Add a space "Of course I want to sleep more."

One choice menus are incredibly stupid. Just continue on with the story, I shouldn't need to click the one option the menu has.

First introduced, Merry's name is shown as Marry instead.

"She has her own cloth store which is very profitable" All spelled nicely, great. But at least in the USA, either it's going to be a clothing store, or if she actually sells just cloth that customers buy to sew into things, a fabric store.

After you make it through the name/relationship dialogue her name is now showing correctly.

Then MC's name is shown for dialogue "But...", "Tidiness is a good...", "Oh..." before switching back to Merry for "...manner..."

Not sure why the three sisters are listed as Roommates if the player selected Merry to be Mother, you may as well just change all other relationships based on that choice.

"Waking up late, doind chores, taking a shover and watching TV."

should be

"Waking up late, doing chores, taking a shower, and watching TV."

"Oh and these must belong to youngest roommate who is a chilreeder at college."

should be

"Oh and these must belong to youngest roommate who is a cheerleader at college."

Vacuuming the floors...

Why doesn't MC have to vacuum his own room, and if he does, why isn't it part of his list? Only the female members of the household have to vacuum their own rooms?

One choice menus such enough but one right after the other that are basically the same choice? No.

"Everyday I search for something interesting thing to watch."

You can go with "something interesting to watch" or "some interesting thing to watch"

Can we please have the MC bring a clean identical set of clothing with him to the bathroom instead of appearing to just get back into his dirty clothing?

Coocking - Cooking.

buissy - busy

coock - cook

literrally - literally

(And all game weirdness... why does everyone sleep on top of their covers? Well, unless you need to uncover your sleeping housemate, then they are often under the covers, or you're showing someone waking you up with a blowjob.)

minut - minute

dengerous - dangerous

concers - concerts?

Collages - Colleges

They just announce a lock down and yet Ann is able to travel? Maybe you should script this as they were already on their way somewhere and happened to be at MC's city (layover between flights?) and they are told they cannot continue their travel but must find someplace to stay for a month?

pandemy - pandemic

Attick - Attic

prepear - prepare

Noone - No one

"They are old clothing for the landladys shop" Well, I guess that clarifies that she owns a clothing store, so maybe make that use the variable the player selected instead of hard coding landlady?

Also, if the player didn't change anything relationship wise, why are his father's possessions in a box in the landlady's attic? Maybe add a line about their being sent to the MC after his father died and he just stored them up in the attic without looking at them?

vacuume - vaccum

quite - quiet

Shower dialogue should change post announcement since he can't leave the house to get a job, maybe an early reference to working remotely, or just be relieved about not searching for a job for a little while and introduce remote work later.

Impossibru - Impossible

Is this why you made it one menu after the other because the second one would change? That does not make it better, remove the one choice menu.

cerefully - carefully

And he's not starting with the whole improving his personality in his own "Limbo" by focusing on it right before sleep and doing an intense summary of the day? Or is that supposed to be what the "sum up the day cerefully" is supposed to be? If that's the case you should more directly reference Dad's notebook.
I've fixed all the writing mistakes you've listed already so they will be in next update correct. Thank you once more.
As it goes to the waking up scene with marry, clean cloth after shower, arrival of the Ann and finding the box at the attic - I must think it over and over again to find the best solution.
Thank you once again for the critic! :)

As it goes for:
1. one choice menu is there to expand in the future and have much more choices in that spots.
2. Names and relations are for the freedom of player to choose.
3. I dont know why MC doesnt need to vacuume his own room - he maybe should - I can mention about it, and maybe he did - but its like really minor for me. I will think about it and choose to fix it or not.
4. Sleeping on the covers was just simple to make it will be important in the future, but if I fold the covers in a 3D engine it will eat half of the time for the next update - so for now they will stay this way - wisely :p
5. "Impossibruu" its a meme :p
6. Limbo as I mentioned will come slowly (its already in Update 4) but alot will happen inbeetween Limbo.

I hope that clarifies it all - if not tell me and I will definitly explain or grow something better out of more criticque.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

mcfaceface

May 16, 2021
I have not tried this game yet,
but why are people so toxic?
If you dont like the game, or if it's not your style, then just go some where else, there is no need for comments that are not productive.
And to you proof reading nazis...... Really???? The next you are going to say is: "I was only here for the story".:FacePalm:
Just let the guy make his game!!

In the end no one really cares if (person 1) dont like the graphical style, or (person 2) has a problem with the grammar,
not everyone are native english speakers, and all that stuff can be fixed in post.
When a game is in develpment, then it is not finished, so text, graphics or even animated scene's might not be final.

Why does there always have to be a LOUD toxic minority to ruin everything for everyone else? :FacePalm:

Please just ignore these fool's and just create your game.

If its constuctive you can take it, but chances are that there are not many of those.
If they want their perfect game to their taste/style and proof read for gramatic excellence, then they can make it them self.
In the end make the game like you want it if some done like it, thats their business, but there might be someone else that does. So why do they want to ruin it for them?
I guess they would not like it if they that liked something and these random fools just came and wrote a bunch of useless comments that cant be used for anything productive.

Jimmy TheDev

Nov 28, 2023
I have not tried this game yet,
but why are people so toxic?
If you dont like the game, or if it's not your style, then just go some where else, there is no need for comments that are not productive.
And to you proof reading nazis...... Really???? The next you are going to say is: "I was only here for the story".:FacePalm:
Just let the guy make his game!!

In the end no one really cares if (person 1) dont like the graphical style, or (person 2) has a problem with the grammar,
not everyone are native english speakers, and all that stuff can be fixed in post.
When a game is in develpment, then it is not finished, so text, graphics or even animated scene's might not be final.

Why does there always have to be a LOUD toxic minority to ruin everything for everyone else? :FacePalm:

Please just ignore these fool's and just create your game.

If its constuctive you can take it, but chances are that there are not many of those.
If they want their perfect game to their taste/style and proof read for gramatic excellence, then they can make it them self.
In the end make the game like you want it if some done like it, thats their business, but there might be someone else that does. So why do they want to ruin it for them?
I guess they would not like it if they that liked something and these random fools just came and wrote a bunch of useless comments that cant be used for anything productive.
You are right, but I dont mind that.
I'm choosing what I want to fix or not (due to long production time or simply not agreeing with it - but for me it is important to reply te almost everyone and try to explain)
I've been in game development for over a decade - I know it's important when to pay attention or when to ignore.
I guess youve been through this or are in this... only changing a project to another and another can change this approach.
This is how the coockie crumbles and it will crumble this way for Jimmy as well... this is what makes thee adrenaline... the suspense... the surprise...
But yes... less toxicity is always better... especially when it comes to a fap game XD
Thank you for supporting me on this, it really gives Jimmy courage.
Cheers! mcfaceface

TinFoilHat19

Dec 17, 2020
You are right, but I dont mind that.
I'm choosing what I want to fix or not (due to long production time or simply not agreeing with it - but for me it is important to reply te almost everyone and try to explain)
I've been in game development for over a decade - I know it's important when to pay attention or when to ignore.
I guess youve been through this or are in this... only changing a project to another and another can change this approach.
This is how the coockie crumbles and it will crumble this way for Jimmy as well... this is what makes thee adrenaline... the suspense... the surprise...
But yes... less toxicity is always better... especially when it comes to a fap game XD
Thank you for supporting me on this, it really gives Jimmy courage.
Cheers! mcfaceface
Any sex scenes yet?

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Jimmy TheDev

Apr 29, 2021
Jimmy TheDev

In the summary screen and other places, you can replace the word "landlady" with %(m)s to have it insert the name created by the player, and I recommend doing the same with "Jimmy does it" when lookin at Marry's summary, with %(j)s to again call up the name the player gave themself.

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
Hey there.

Tried your game (from here, 0.0.7).
Not really much yet in this version, but a few things did catch my attention.

You're doing all the posing, animating, etc? If not using stock bones, you're doing a good job, man.
That "fell to the bed" transition was way smoother than I would expect.

Combine this with the art style you chose for the characters, I think you may have a jewel.
Needs polishing? Ofc. A lot to be honest, but I say this more thinking about what it can be, not in a bad way.

There are a few typos here in there, nothing too crazy. Some might have been fixed already.

In terms of pacing, I'd personally like the reactions to MC's erection to evolve a little. Surprise/embarrassment first, etc. You do have the pandemic setting, perfect for that type of the cliché scenes. But there's a reason those things became cliché, so if executed correctly...
Once again, not saying it is bad right now (since I only saw the first release content), but managing a good pacing (not too fast, not too slow) is really important. Ofc, what matters is how you envision this.

My only concern is with the amount of content.
If what we got for 0.0.7 is equal to what we will be getting for each increment, people may have some problems with not much progress in each content. Ofc, if you happen to engage enough supporters early on, that's fine. I hope you do.
But in case you don't, it might be too much time between major points.
Like, by your roadmap v4 is dropping to public in May. It would be way too long and the attention you got from people checking your game from the first time might disappear till there. I mean, considering people need to see what you're capable of regarding the actual animation scenes, etc.

But well, who knows. Hope you keep up with your job. There were some flaws, but nothing major. The important points are really there, imo. I'll wait for v4 to see if I drop a few bucks as well. Good luck with your game!

• Red Heart
3.30 star(s) 8 Votes