joejosa

Jun 10, 2022
Alright, back home, now for that AIR guide.

Step 1.

Get these highlighted files (META-INF, game.exe and mimetype) from any of the newer JSK flash games, doesn't matter which one it is, and put those into Shion's game folder, just as you see in the following example image.

Rename the .exe to anything you want it to be, but make sure it matches the .swf's name.
View attachment 1719863

Step 2.

Navigate yourself to META-INF -> AIR and open Application.xlm in notepad++, rename certain lines such as you see in the following example image and save.

Make sure the name matches the one you set the .exe file as.

But to clarify what lines you must rename are the:

-Filename
-Name
-Content

DO NOT CHANGE THE ID.
View attachment 1719865

Step 3.

Play the game exe and enjoy the fun.

This works with ALL JSK flash titles that do not have AIR version out.

See, even title as old as this one runs smoothly.
View attachment 1719868

If this method doesn't help you, then I cannot be of any further assistance.
This looks really simple, but I'm a fool under a bridge. What is "META-INF, game.exe and mimetype" and how to I get to it in Step one? I'm trying to Play Shion. I downloaded all the files from the archive.

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
This looks really simple, but I'm a fool under a bridge. What is "META-INF, game.exe and mimetype" and how to I get to it in Step one? I'm trying to Play Shion. I downloaded all the files from the archive.
Those 3 files come with the AIR format of the JSK flash game.

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
Since I don't know which part of the actual process you mean, I'll give the whole process in nutshell.

JPEX FFdec for exporting/importing the flash game scripts and making the edits with.
Notepad+ for the translation work, copy pasting the .AS content in and out of the game.
4 dictionaries combined with similar native tongue for the translation itself.

Reactions: Drake_X

Akaibu

Apr 11, 2019
Heads up everyone. 1-06-2023 game update with Xinchi's decensor and Icvail's partial translation of Lessons for a Shoplifting Girl has dropped in the JSK Repository.
for whatever reason this version is really buggy, auto translator not working at all, the lewd ending/position straight up crashing the game etc

hollywoodf95

Jun 26, 2018
for whatever reason this version is really buggy, auto translator not working at all, it's crashed at like, 3 different points etc
It hasn't crashed for me at all, but the translator wasn't working at first. It worked when I copied the translations over to the older XinChi version, and now it's working after I deleted and re-extracted it.

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
At what points did the game crash at?
I'll check through the dialogue if there is something that breaks it up.
I haven't come across any crashes yet, but it might be since I do not have the decensorship part on my end.

Need more data.

Edit; For the love of... JSK changed the dialogues again with the new update.

Those damn heart color icon functions within the dialogues have been changed yet again.

Last time it was <color=red> to <color\=red>, now all of those have been changed back to <color=red> from <color\=red> or something completely different , which derail the translated lines.

This update for Kanbara makes me feel like this;

aq0q9gnq_700w_0.jpg

Now I have to go through each and every individual heart icon dialogue to fix the damn issue once again, can't fix that with just copy pasting old over new.

For the time being, I do not recommend using the translation with the latest version of the game, not until I make it compatible with it.

Last edited:

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
Edit; For the love of... JSK changed the dialogues again with the new update.

Those damn heart color icon functions within the dialogues have been changed yet again.

Last time it was <color=red> to <color\=red>, now all of those have been changed back to <color=red> from <color\=red> or something completely different , which derail the translated lines.

Now I have to go through each and every individual heart icon dialogue to fix the damn issue once again, can't fix that with just copy pasting old over new.

For the time being, I do not recommend using the translation with the latest version of the game, not until I make it compatible with it.
Have you tried the 'replace all' (ctrl H) option and switching 'r\=' to 'r=' to specifically target the change in coding?

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
The problem is that its not universal for all the heart icons.
Some are just <color=red> and others <color\=red>, if I swap all the 'r\=' to 'r=' , then the dialogues that were not effected by the change, will be broken instead.

I just did replace all the parts, and it broke the translation completely,
tbh this is quite the 'snafu' (Situation normal all fucked up)

I need to do it case by case to make sure I won't break anything.

Reactions: beppemistero

BlueFireNick

Apr 14, 2019
The problem is that its not universal for all the heart icons.
Some are just <color=red> and others <color\=red>, if I swap all the 'r\=' to 'r=' , then the dialogues that were not effected by the change, will be broken instead.

I just did replace all the parts, and it broke the translation completely,
tbh this is quite the 'snafu' (Situation normal all fucked up)

I need to do it case by case to make sure I won't break anything.
So much extra work! Definitely not coder friendly.

If you're using excel, you could 'Select specific cells' to find one of the two codes, choose 'entire row', limit it to the first (original text) column (to avoid selected the now defunct translated parts), and cut and paste them into a separate file. Then do the switcharoo specific for each, and then paste the second file back, maybe (or even keep them separate for future translating)?

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
The crash doesn't happen on my end, the only logical conclusion I can come up right now is that the decensor somehow breaks the game, with the given information at hand, as that is literally the only difference between your end and my end.

1673077582903.png

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes