Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
The last game crashes when achieving lustful ending, repository version.
Yeah, that is from porting over XinChi's decensor from the launch version to the game update. A few asset files changed between game versions. specifically...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

sharedassets10.assets
sharedassets15.assets
sharedassets15.assets.resS

Of those conflicting files, only the two sharedassets15 files are affected. I have made a new version of the game with XinChi's decensor and Icevail's partial translation that has those two files in a separate folder as an update backup. Just redownload the game from the JSK Directory. If you see a crash then you can replace those conflicting files. They won't be decensored, but they will allow you to complete the story. You can change the files back if you want to enjoy the fully decensored gallery modes.

Humg5

Oct 21, 2022
Can't some1 help this JSK guy make anime like background ? If it's n entire studio... can't they at least use blender or smth to make BG thats not 2000's ? And the background is still image, anyone who use blender can do some nice background rite ?

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
Can't some1 help this JSK guy make anime like background ? If it's n entire studio... can't they at least use blender or smth to make BG thats not 2000's ? And the background is still image, anyone who use blender can do some nice background rite ?
That's not how JSK handles things, all assets are done via the same method.

Humg5

Oct 21, 2022
That's not how JSK handles things, all assets are done via the same method.
Hmm... so it's their signature artstyle or smth ? But it's possible to make better assets rite ? its Unity Engine after all, surely it can handle way more things than some "Adobe Flashy". So if by chance some1 made Good looking background, they can use it in their own copy rite ? Like unpacking game files and replacing smth like "Background" with their own... Even some translators replaced "character's" color chroma in old flash, Unity games. Sooooo

Ps : i don't know anythin about game engine, and not pickin a fight, just curious o_O

Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
Hmm... so it's their signature artstyle or smth ? But it's possible to make better assets rite ? its Unity Engine after all, surely it can handle way more things than some "Adobe Flashy". So if by chance some1 made Good looking background, they can use it in their own copy rite ? Like unpacking game files and replacing smth like "Background" with their own... Even some translators replaced "character's" color chroma in old flash, Unity games. Sooooo

Ps : i don't know anythin about game engine, and not pickin a fight, just curious o_O
It could be done. But JSK is a one man team and this is the artstyle he has grown accustomed to. Don't expect it to change without him getting a burst of inspiration.

Reactions: Toriam78

TheUnsaid

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

It's common for circles to call themselves studio or something, because they might plan for more members in the future.
JSK is just one guy though.

The reason he doesn't do more complex stuff with his games, is because he doesn't want to.
Why doesn't he want to?
There's a variety of reasons.

The most probably reason is because he quit his job to work on game development full time. So for him, he needs games out at a consistent pace to make money. He doesn't have too much time to learn new stuff anymore so he does what he knows.

Ocean75

Apr 18, 2022
Yeah, that is from porting over XinChi's decensor from the launch version to the game update. A few asset files changed between game versions. specifically...

sharedassets10.assets
sharedassets15.assets

Of those conflicting files, only the two sharedassets15 files are affected. I have made a new version of the game with XinChi's decensor and Icevail's partial translation that has those two files in a separate folder as an update backup. Just redownload the game from the JSK Directory. If you see a crash then you can replace those conflicting files. They won't be decensored, but they will allow you to complete the story. You can change the files back if you want to enjoy the fully decensored gallery modes.
I can't find the separate folder

Reactions: BegoneThrot

Nightmare799

Nov 27, 2019

sharedassets10.assets
sharedassets15.assets

I can't really find that folder, the only folders in ManbikiJoshi_Data are Managed and Resources, neither of which contain the files. I just downloaded the zip file too.

Reactions: Ocean75

Humg5

Oct 21, 2022
It's common for circles to call themselves studio or something, because they might plan for more members in the future.
JSK is just one guy though.

The reason he doesn't do more complex stuff with his games, is because he doesn't want to.
Why doesn't he want to?
There's a variety of reasons.

The most probably reason is because he quit his job to work on game development full time. So for him, he needs games out at a consistent pace to make money. He doesn't have too much time to learn new stuff anymore so he does what he knows.
oh no... so he is stuck in cycle, so it's possible to add new members who can work in 3d softwares ?

.. hmmm, but it's nice knowing JSK is one man army. It give me a confidenc, i liked JSK since Vampire Hunter N. The old games are small so it's possible in de future he and the team to remake old games better ? I thout those goofy art games were e work of team of 4 or 5, but it make sense that it was only 1 guy's.

U know the anime called "How to raise a boring GF" or smth... those were team of 4 who did the main work on their VN game. I imagine most circles are like that... sooooo

Maybe i can make a game like this too. It may take some time learning art programs and such.. but it's not complete impossible rite ? heh

dfaker

Jan 4, 2019
I'm probably just missing something, but I tried replacing the problem files to solve the crash with the new download and it did not fix the issue. The directory says it has been updated, but the files themselves don't seem to have changed.

Reactions: Ocean75
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes