Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
Been around lurking, raging at PubG Mobile season 13 teaming and aimbot dudes, trying to make sure I remain in the top 10 of Def Jam Fight for NY competitive scene, and trying other games on the site but never get notifications from this forum for some strange reason. I would try to finish Overthrow's menu translation but that's gonna be another hassle on my end.

Tried the new game, yeah I definitely need to hand over money for this release because this is worth the price. Plus the songs are actually good.
I see.. Life...

BRO YOU DID NOT XDXDXDXDXD
What??

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
I wish JSK made more of text games, rather than these "die 50 times in a row battle games"....
I disagree... The interrogation games are like a headache to me & the fighting are fun! Why would it be THAT hard?
I always upgrade my agility first then ATK & then defence. Then just spam & collect points which is Hella fun

Reactions: CarbonBeast

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
Old releases, reminds me when Karen Plutocrat was gonna be crowd based translated but then after it got reviewed someone pointed out that most of it was machine translated of the sort.
That is really good news that the translation speed of not just Elf Knight, but the community as a whole has improved. I too also hope that this new release gets translated at a similar rate assuming the free time is there.
I believe the last time I was here was December 2019.
That Elf Knight game was probably done by someone named JohnRo who took help from Icevail & desperately worked on it to get the game translated & uncensored to 80% in around a week

Icevail on the other hand was the the legend that did loads of translations for several games but the man's real busy

So if we can get JohnRo to work on this new one again, maybe we can get it done in a week

Mar 13, 2019
That Elf Knight game was probably done by someone named JohnRo who took help from Icevail & desperately worked on it to get the game translated & uncensored to 80% in around a week

Icevail on the other hand was the the legend that did loads of translations for several games but the man's real busy

So if we can get JohnRo to work on this new one again, maybe we can get it done in a week
I'm not surprised that Icevail is so busy. It's always been like that for him for the most part with some free time ln his hands. That is definitely something i'd want to see, a game getting translated within that timeframe.
I see.. Life...

What??
That comparison of Rikka and the Niece had me rolling. Yeah pretty much life right there. I need to check this thread more often.

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
But they DO look similar in some way no?

Again these two look VERY similar to me
View attachment 706952
Or is it just me? (0_0)
That's because is more or less intentional, it's no secret JSK's love for the Kantai Collection series, so seeing Yua being based off of Kashima doesn't seem that surprising, specially when he has made standalone freeware flash games from some KanColle girls themselves. Then again, some of the other games that he did before, did look like or possibly were like just homages or just the idea of using them for his games, but under a different name and a slightly different appearance, I mean for one as some of you mentioned, the Niece character heavily resembling Rikka Takarada from S.S.S.S. GRIDMAN, or in other cases Miyui (from the Swordswoman Battle game) heavily taking cues, and even clothing-wise the same as Yukina Himeragi from Strike The Blood, or Reimi from the Wrestling Fighting game, being almost a 1:1 of Scáthach from Fate/Grand Order, things like that, so no you're not the only one seeing the comparisons.

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
That's because is more or less intentional, it's no secret JSK's love for the Kantai Collection series, so seeing Yua being based off of Kashima doesn't seem that surprising, specially when he has made standalone freeware flash games from some KanColle girls themselves. Then again, some of the other games that he did before, did look like or possibly were like just homages or just the idea of using them for his games, but under a different name and a slightly different appearance, I mean for one as some of you mentioned, the Niece character heavily resembling Rikka Takarada from S.S.S.S. GRIDMAN, or in other cases Miyui (from the Swordswoman Battle game) heavily taking cues, and even clothing-wise the same as Yukina Himeragi from Strike The Blood, or Reimi from the Wrestling Fighting game, being almost a 1:1 of Scáthach from Fate/Grand Order, things like that, so no you're not the only one seeing the comparisons.
Glad I ain't the only one
And as for Miyui , I thought she looked like Kunieda Aoi from Beelzebub BOTH hair & cloth wise? Moreover BOTH uses Swords + both are school students with same style dress & BOTH has sword moves called 'Sakura'/ 'Cherry Blossom Petals' (I forgot about Miyui actually)
ZomboDroid 27062020084214.jpg

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
I mean I can kinda see what you mean, but appearance-wise she takes a HEAVY leaning towards Yukina as is, and it's quite similar in how story-wise, of the Miyui game, I do remember reading that she's supposed to be a demon or spirit hunter, something along those lines, and you help her, as the faceless protagonist, but Miyui is also your classmate, and in Strike The Blood the whole thing is more or less the same, but both having sort of supernatural abilites and powers, and both attending the same school, hence why I made the correlation with Yukina instead. Still, now that you mention it I can see some faint cues with Aoi herself, but in general, at least with her whole thing design, appearance, and story-ish-wise she's more of a homage to her as is.

Mar 13, 2019
I've been trying to get into the Def Jam comp scene but the community is so toxic :(
How specifically because for the most part it's chill and can get wild as hell in Voice Chat but I only know like 1-2 bad apples in there in my own opinion.
Getting back on topic, I usually keep a raw version and translated of each JSK game. Raw is for trying to learn vocabulary and the translated is for story.

ourobr

Jan 7, 2018
I never knew that those guys from JSK make games till nowadays and that there are still people who translate these godblessed works.
Y'all divine!

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
I never knew that those guys from JSK make games till nowadays and that there are still people who translate these godblessed works.
Y'all divine!
That's the funny part. JSK as a "whole"? is only one person. At least going by the many development blog entries and just speaking about his own things, the only thing I think he works with other people, or at least did to is for his music, or at least the software taken from other places whenever you see mentioned/shown on his games as is, but all the development and the games as a whole? Are his alone, one person.

Sven Penpo

Jun 28, 2020
Idk if i'm just way too tired or sth, but are some JSK-Games connected lore-wise? I thought about it a bit and some games do connect very well.

For example, one of the earlier "devil" games involved a human fighting a female demon queen. Then there was a game where the Daughter of the defeated devil gets attacked by a human, and if, let's just assume, one of those earlier devil games canon ending would be the rape/neutral end and the one with the daughter would have the love ending as canon, then it would perfectly line up with the "Great Demoness", the blonde devil girl, being more human than all the other demonesses.

God dammit, i think i might need some sleep.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes