retrocat

Nov 23, 2019
Let's be real, if Icevail gave up because one troll with 1 total posts acted like an ass, he was probably already feeling burnt out and wanting an excuse to stop. If that's the case, I can't say I blame him. Working for free (especially translating) is super taxing and thankless work.
your probably right, but still for the work he did he at least deserves praise and patience from the community not the other way around, but I'm just a breath in the wind here as this is the internet and expecting everyone to be chill well... chewing diamond would be less difficult.

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
Let's be real, if Icevail gave up because one troll with 1 total posts acted like an ass, he was probably already feeling burnt out and wanting an excuse to stop. If that's the case, I can't say I blame him. Working for free (especially translating) is super taxing and thankless work.
Icevail is a bit sensitive because of his history with some people (I'll not mention what). If anyone does not appreciate what he does, he will lock everything away from people.
He even said that he was about this close to deleting the partial translations he did after seeing that comment.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't think it was just one. It was only one THIS TIME, but this isn't the first time from what I understand. Whatever he decides, I'm with Icevail, he absolutely doesn't deserve what he got for all the work he's put in during his time with this translation community. To be honest, I'm not one to give up even under the hardest of circumstances, but I would lock everything away from the public the same as Icevail if I was treated this badly. I would probably continue the work just to say I finished what I set out to do, not sure about Icevail, but the translation would never see the internet.

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
It seems things have spiraled off to mars on my few days of cooldown absence, so let me clarify for everyone reading this.

1. I didn't stop translating for good, just said; "Fuck it, not doing this one if this is what's thrown on my face", I have my preferences and loli/shota content isn't one of those, not kink shaming, but its not my cup of tea, flaking me because of that is not good idea.

2. Not an excuse to call it quits after one sour apple (You'd be surprised how many there have been over the years), pissing me off in middle of translation has its repercussions, trolling and throwing flak at me comes with a price, "just a joke, bruh" won't fly, I am not a living saint or a clown that will smile through shit, I have no qualms on using scorched earth to get my point across.

3. I do not expect high praises for what I do, don't put me on a pedestal, simple thanks or thumbs up are good enough, I am normal living human being just like the rest of you, not interested on being in highlights and center of attention.

4. This is not a thankless job for me, I do it for fun and self-entertainment after being done with work, I won't get burned down from doing it, I might groan at times about the code format that is used, but never feel like the rope is on fire from both ends.

I hope this clarifies the situation, I am not done with doing translations, but I am done with this newest JSK game.

Here's a socially distanced hug for you all.
Roonhug.png

Last edited:

retrocat

Nov 23, 2019
It seems things have spiraled off to mars on my few days of cooldown absence, so let me clarify for everyone reading this.

1. I didn't stop translating for good, just said; "Fuck it, not doing this one if this is what's thrown on my face", I have my preferences and loli/shota content isn't one of those, not kink shaming, but its not my cup of tea, flaking me because of that is not good idea.

2. Not an excuse to call it quits after one sour apple (You'd be surprised how many there have been over the years), pissing me off in middle of translation has its repercussions, trolling and throwing flak at me comes with a price, "just a joke, bruh" won't fly, I am not a living saint or a clown that will smile through shit, I have no qualms on using scorched earth to get my point across.

3. I do not expect high praises for what I do, don't put me on a pedestal, simple thanks or thumbs up are good enough, I am normal living human being just like the rest of you, not interested on being in highlights and center of attention.

4. This is not a thankless job for me, I do it for fun and self-entertainment after being done with work, I won't get burned down from doing it, I might groan at times about the code format that is used, but never feel like the rope is on fire from both ends.

I hope this clarifies the situation, I am not done with doing translations, but I am done with this newest JSK game.

View attachment 988331
I see that's fair everyone has lines they wont cross when doing work for content like this, I'm just glad we will still be getting your great translations in other projects in the future, I like your work I know I'm only one person but I appreciate it.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
well fuck.

View attachment 988331
man i just stumbled over the corner girl and damn do i need a translation, i really dont want to wave my phone around for that one. shame on those people. thanks anyway.

Oct 25, 2020
To all people who will read this, please appreciate of what people do. Imagine, they're been doing all of this stuffs, on their own free will, asking no payment at all, instead of spending they're free time in relaxing, they've been doing these because they know that we need it. Actually, they can be selfish and keep that thing themselves, coz, why not? It's their work. But instead, they've been sharing it to us, for free. And sad to think that there are still shitty people out there asking for more. Bruh, be matured enough. If you're not satisfied of what they've done, then f*ck off. Create your own stuff, and satisfy yourself.

Xennon

Jul 30, 2018
Well if you want really a traduction do it yoursell... Don't force someone to do something he don't want to do and for free. Everyone can do a traduction. It's boring and take time yes, maybe you gonna have more respect for translator if you do it.. (for be honest I maybe try to do a traduction, but I'm don't talk english very well so it will take time)

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Well if you want really a traduction do it yoursell... Don't force someone to do something he don't want to do and for free. Everyone can do a traduction. It's boring and take time yes, maybe you gonna have more respect for translator if you do it.. (for be honest I maybe try to do a traduction, but I'm don't talk english very well so it will take time)
traduction = translation?

CuccumberSandwich

Nov 8, 2019
I made a very partial English translation. It's not great, but I'll make it better and add more to it over the next few days.
How do I upload what I have so far for others?

Reactions: Zaifon

Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
So I finished the staging work to split the JSK Community Guide into three sections of ten games each. Two additional table of contents have been added to each guide. Their links will direct you to the games on other guide docs. The first 14 pages of the guide will be the same on all the guides. That's everything except the game guides. I've deleted games 11-24 from the main guide. It has been rebranded as JSK Community Guide games 1-10 + Freeware. The other game guides will be accessible from the table of contents on all the guides.

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
I made a very partial English translation. It's not great, but I'll make it better and add more to it over the next few days.
How do I upload what I have so far for others?
Just upload it to MEGA or G-drive & share the link here. Or DM the translator community. It'll be uploaded to the repository after checking for errors.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Is there a guide to Manhunter Yua, the one with grey haired schoolgirl? If not, how do you reach any of the endings or other content? I've only ever been able to get her to back down, which is just a short few lines before cutting back to the menu. It doesn't help that I'm technically not unlocking anything, the version I'm running is hacked so that it has everything unlocked already. I'm trying to play as intended.

Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
Is there a guide to Manhunter Yua, the one with grey haired schoolgirl? If not, how do you reach any of the endings or other content? I've only ever been able to get her to back down, which is just a short few lines before cutting back to the menu. It doesn't help that I'm technically not unlocking anything, the version I'm running is hacked so that it has everything unlocked already. I'm trying to play as intended.
Check my signature for a link to the JSK Community Guide. If you want a non hacked version, check the downloads section of the guide.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes