alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
OOOHHH THOSE UPDATES????
Yeah, then we're kinda fucked. I did manage to disable them but given that windows 10 BIOS aren't necessarily implemented correctly on all computers (and casually they don't start showing problems up until the warranty ends) when I managed to disable windows update, my computer hard crashed weeks later, miraculously I managed to reset it, and then someone from support was like "Oh yeaaah, you need to have windows update for your computer to actually keep functioning. Else we'll mess up your bios and punish you for wanting to have some control over your own computer which you bought."

So now I do have to put up with windows update, else I risk completely wiping my computer.
Yep, Microsoft forced updates on anyone using 10, it even runs the chance of a blue screen crash if you somehow manage to put it off, even with the most benign changes in an update. It almost sounds like a kill switch that was purposely designed into the system, though there is no way they could have predicted this far in advance that something like Flash would be shut down and planned a kill switch update for it that we would then be forced into or be forced to downgrade to an older OS.

On that note, I don't know if this affects the standalone player, which is not installed at all and is just a drag and drop away from running an SWF.

Reactions: Yamemai

Mcompany

Jul 12, 2017
yes, that update is an intentional flash disabler. Newgrounds.com has more info on it. be very careful what updates you get from microsoftie. also be very careful what browser version you use and what flash player version. I suggest disabling microsoftupdates and blocking their update servers in the firewall under a single rule. then only disable that firewall rule when you need something legit like a graphics card driver update and make sure it's just the update you wanted and no others.
Ughh, thanks for the information. The file there worked
On that note, I don't know if this affects the standalone player, which is not installed at all and is just a drag and drop away from running an SWF.
It affects the standalone player. This might even include the ones in Flashpoint. I know I tried each of the projector versions it had outside of Flashpoint, and they didn't work. But Idk if it would work properly if it was started from Flashpoint without the fix and I wouldn't know what to look for to pick which games to test. It also affects any version of the debugger projector you could download. Basically, if it's not in a browser, Win10 tried to kill it

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Ughh, thanks for the information. The file there worked

It affects the standalone player. This might even include the ones in Flashpoint. I know I tried each of the projector versions it had outside of Flashpoint, and they didn't work. But Idk if it would work properly if it was started from Flashpoint without the fix and I wouldn't know what to look for to pick which games to test. It also affects any version of the debugger projector you could download. Basically, if it's not in a browser, Win10 tried to kill it
That's not good, sounds like I'll need to pull out my copy of Windows 7. If I have to sacrifice my Windows 10 unique hardware and somehow crack the OS, so be it, I am NOT losing my JSK collection to their stupidity.

Aigaion

Mar 27, 2020
so IT was something in the windows update, huh?
i was wondering why the SWF opener i had installed stopped working recently.
good thing the standalone adobe flash player still works.

Mcompany

Jul 12, 2017
Just go to and hope Win10 doesn't do another update to break stuff more. As much as I'd rather bust out a Win7 crack and stuff, I only got one laptop, so doing so might not be the best of ideas unless I know I can get enough supported to not be a pain. I wouldn't even be using Windows if support wasn't such an issue

joshex

Jan 12, 2019
Just go to and hope Win10 doesn't do another update to break stuff more. As much as I'd rather bust out a Win7 crack and stuff, I only got one laptop, so doing so might not be the best of ideas unless I know I can get enough supported to not be a pain. I wouldn't even be using Windows if support wasn't such an issue
what this guy said.

That's not good, sounds like I'll need to pull out my copy of Windows 7. If I have to sacrifice my Windows 10 unique hardware and somehow crack the OS, so be it, I am NOT losing my JSK collection to their stupidity.
For windows 10 auto updates, I would suggest;
1: open taskmanager (ctrl+alt+delete>taskmanager) go to the performance tab> click the button called resource monitor> network tab> now go online and wait till it calms down> now go into windows update and see what IP addresses it attempts to connect to via resource monitor. write down or screen shot as many as you can. these are the microsoft update servers.
2: login to your internet router as the admin account (should tell you how on the router's case) most routers have a page where you can block access to certain websites or Ip addresses, add in the windows update IP addresses.

this should stop windows updates being possible. the reason I say to do it in your router is because I have heard from other people who have tried that windows 10 ignores your windowsfirewall rules if they would block the update server.

if your router does not have this function, I would suggest buying a small external firewall box and hooking your internet router up through that.

Yep, Microsoft forced updates on anyone using 10, it even runs the chance of a blue screen crash if you somehow manage to put it off, even with the most benign changes in an update. It almost sounds like a kill switch that was purposely designed into the system, though there is no way they could have predicted this far in advance that something like Flash would be shut down and planned a kill switch update for it that we would then be forced into or be forced to downgrade to an older OS.

actually, there has been a concerted effort to kill flash for years and years now. well before windows 10. they could have easily programmed this in and planned this far ahead.

part of it was a battle between flash and javascript. and that really was the argument they made when they killed it. they said "flash is unsecure and capable of being used to hack and exploit machines that have it installed therefore HTML5 is the safe option" however HTML5 gets it's dynamic content operations from javascript. so in reality it was an argument of "flash is more unsecure and dangerous than javascript" but in reality, javascript had some major security flaws years ago and they admitted they would not be fixing them. then they sold the dev rights for javascript to a well known hacking group and if you will kindly remember we were told to disable javascript.

next it has to do with adblockers. google and microsoft and facebook make money from targetted advertisements. but most ad blockers block flash ads. so the company overlords have deemed that flash is no longer profitable. they attempted to force everyone to install a browser update which disabled all addons/plugins or did not allow plugins et cetera. this was an attempt to kill decent adblockers (because the default ones in browsers agree to let some ads through). but when that failed, they turned nasty and decided if they couldn't use flash we couldn't either. largely because adobe's development of flash was funded by these same companies who were making money from flash ads.

before I ramble on more, please take this moment to install noscript in your browser to be able to select which scripts you want to run on any given site, this will allow you to block javascript ads and stop tracking script such as google analytics.

the last part of the concerted effort to kill flash is political. JSK, forkheads and a variety of distrubutors who make flash games make media which is politically deemed "wrongthink" by these tech companies. but this isn't youtube or twitter they can't control where we upload flashes or where we host them because it's as easy as SWFOBJECT(yourswf.swf) many forums and websites support flash hosting. so they can't just ban your flashes and account on some major social media site and be done with it. no shadow banning possible. so they decided the only way to kill your freedom of expression through flash was to kill flash.

Whereas with HTML5 games, they are the website! HTML5 is an entire webpage document, so in order to host your HTML5 game you need to get webhosting, to get that you need to pay money and give your real legal name and physical address to a web hosting company. thus doxxing yourself. and if you upload a wrongthink HTML5 game they can just easily whois.com your ass and send the antifa mobs.

so for HTML5 games there is no anon hosting. for flash there is. - they don't like that

the alternative is to have people who want to play your HTML5 game download the page in a .zip or .rar from a file host and play it outside their browser. but then you have to wonder, does this HTML5+javascript thing contain any viruses? does this rar or zip contain a virus? is this the real game or a virus named after my search results?

this will make a lot of people not download your HTML5 game. thus limiting the outreach substantially. and cutting into profits based off of our preferred type of entertainment - hentai. meaning it might become unprofitable for H makers.

Last edited:

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Well I had to update to Win 10 and will have to install a SSD because Win10 is somehow less efficient than Win 8.1 and keeps crashing my internet connection and I disabled everything and blocked everything so I guess Win10 is just using more resources as was the case from XP to Vista.

But I didn't notice any attempt in disabeling flash... I have updates enabled (both windows and firefox are up to date) and am still able to run flash in browser and projector so I don't know what's up.

Also, I agree, to everyone who hasn't done already:

Firefox - NoScript
Chrome - ScriptSafe

so you can allow only necessary scripts to run. Additionally use a AdBlocker for all the sneaky ads that are integrated in some of the necessary scripts. "uBlockOrigin" is pretty decent.

Bobtheslob777

Sep 15, 2018
For all the windows 10 guys, could you please try waterfox with the this legends method , it worked perfectly for me.
My firefox started to completely block flash even though I have Windows 7.
Strangely enough I got an Windows update 2 days ago but it didnt block the projector oh well...:unsure:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Knowing Microsoft, they will break any and all forms of Flash capability in the name of security.

what this guy said.

For windows 10 auto updates, I would suggest;
1: open taskmanager (ctrl+alt+delete>taskmanager) go to the performance tab> click the button called resource monitor> network tab> now go online and wait till it calms down> now go into windows update and see what IP addresses it attempts to connect to via resource monitor. write down or screen shot as many as you can. these are the microsoft update servers.
2: login to your internet router as the admin account (should tell you how on the router's case) most routers have a page where you can block access to certain websites or Ip addresses, add in the windows update IP addresses.

this should stop windows updates being possible. the reason I say to do it in your router is because I have heard from other people who have tried that windows 10 ignores your windowsfirewall rules if they would block the update server.

if your router does not have this function, I would suggest buying a small external firewall box and hooking your internet router up through that.

actually, there has been a concerted effort to kill flash for years and years now. well before windows 10. they could have easily programmed this in and planned this far ahead.

part of it was a battle between flash and javascript. and that really was the argument they made when they killed it. they said "flash is unsecure and capable of being used to hack and exploit machines that have it installed therefore HTML5 is the safe option" however HTML5 gets it's dynamic content operations from javascript. so in reality it was an argument of "flash is more unsecure and dangerous than javascript" but in reality, javascript had some major security flaws years ago and they admitted they would not be fixing them. then they sold the dev rights for javascript to a well known hacking group and if you will kindly remember we were told to disable javascript.

next it has to do with adblockers. google and microsoft and facebook make money from targetted advertisements. but most ad blockers block flash ads. so the company overlords have deemed that flash is no longer profitable. they attempted to force everyone to install a browser update which disabled all addons/plugins or did not allow plugins et cetera. this was an attempt to kill decent adblockers (because the default ones in browsers agree to let some ads through). but when that failed, they turned nasty and decided if they couldn't use flash we couldn't either. largely because adobe's development of flash was funded by these same companies who were making money from flash ads.

before I ramble on more, please take this moment to install noscript in your browser to be able to select which scripts you want to run on any given site, this will allow you to block javascript ads and stop tracking script such as google analytics.

the last part of the concerted effort to kill flash is political. JSK, forkheads and a variety of distrubutors who make flash games make media which is politically deemed "wrongthink" by these tech companies. but this isn't youtube or twitter they can't control where we upload flashes or where we host them because it's as easy as SWFOBJECT(yourswf.swf) many forums and websites support flash hosting. so they can't just ban your flashes and account on some major social media site and be done with it. no shadow banning possible. so they decided the only way to kill your freedom of expression through flash was to kill flash.

Whereas with HTML5 games, they are the website! HTML5 is an entire webpage document, so in order to host your HTML5 game you need to get webhosting, to get that you need to pay money and give your real legal name and physical address to a web hosting company. thus doxxing yourself. and if you upload a wrongthink HTML5 game they can just easily whois.com your ass and send the antifa mobs.

so for HTML5 games there is no anon hosting. for flash there is. - they don't like that

the alternative is to have people who want to play your HTML5 game download the page in a .zip or .rar from a file host and play it outside their browser. but then you have to wonder, does this HTML5+javascript thing contain any viruses? does this rar or zip contain a virus? is this the real game or a virus named after my search results?

this will make a lot of people not download your HTML5 game. thus limiting the outreach substantially. and cutting into profits based off of our preferred type of entertainment - hentai. meaning it might become unprofitable for H makers.
Big problem, there's a kill switch built into Windows, if you aren't up to date within a certain window, usually a month or two, it BSODs you and the only fix is that update you've intentionally been blocking. I ran into this while intentionally blocking any and all updates to save cycles on my SSD, which totally failed due to both the BSOD and the fact that update has an override built in to automatically reset any setting disabled and to restart if turned off within a few hours at most. The only way to get around that was to never leave your machine unattended. Then the BSODs started a few months into my heavily enforced update embargo.

For the record, I CANNOT confirm this is actually a kill switch, but given how well timed it is, it sure as hell acts like one.

The funny thing about their argument for killing Flash is that JS is also insecure to an extent, there is no truly secure system, everything has a flaw that can be exploited. The only thing stopping hackers is finding that exploit.

As for HTML5, if that's where JSK goes, then I will handle whatever comes from downloading them. The ONLY way they will ever get some of us to stop is to stop JSK themself from producing the content. Otherwise, he and we will find a way.

Chad here, still using Windows 7. Windows 10? I'd rather use linux.
I wish I had the option other than through installation of Windows 7, but my last Windows 7 machine is now dead and the one I have came with Windows 10, so there is no old installation to roll back to or whatever. Linux also has the issue of being severely limited in what Windows centered games it can play, even with emulation. I've tried that route before and it didn't work out well enough.

Well I had to update to Win 10 and will have to install a SSD because Win10 is somehow less efficient than Win 8.1 and keeps crashing my internet connection and I disabled everything and blocked everything so I guess Win10 is just using more resources as was the case from XP to Vista.

But I didn't notice any attempt in disabeling flash... I have updates enabled (both windows and firefox are up to date) and am still able to run flash in browser and projector so I don't know what's up.

Also, I agree, to everyone who hasn't done already:

Firefox - NoScript
Chrome - ScriptSafe

so you can allow only necessary scripts to run. Additionally use a AdBlocker for all the sneaky ads that are integrated in some of the necessary scripts. "uBlockOrigin" is pretty decent.
The internet thing is likely a bug, I had that happen before.

Sep 22, 2017
I have the updates that "killed flash" installed if I'm correct and the standalone flash player works absolutely fine for me. The skeptic in me wants to think that you guys might be jumping the gun a bit. Are you absolutely sure you're using the official standalone projector and not a web browser?

ririmudev

Dec 15, 2018
Wow, I've probably saved a year to my lifespan. I know I bailed on Windows some years ago, after much of the office lost a half-day of productivity due to Windows Update nonsense. I'd be pulling my hair out if I still had to deal with it.
I like the penguin.

Delexicus

Sep 22, 2017
I know there is a lot of uncertainty swirling around about Windows 10 kill switches. Some are recommending reinstalling Windows 7 as a work around. Wouldn't a Windows 7 image installed to a virtual machine be much easier to manage? Only have to start it up when you need your flash fix. And it would keep your flash vulnerabilities cordoned off to a disposable windows partition too.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I have the updates that "killed flash" installed if I'm correct and the standalone flash player works absolutely fine for me. The skeptic in me wants to think that you guys might be jumping the gun a bit. Are you absolutely sure you're using the official standalone projector and not a web browser?
I am, no issues on my end yet, but I'm also not sure which KB, that's what the Windows updates start with and usually refers to the identifier code for each in this context, is responsible. I haven't gotten an update this month yet, so it may be the next one.

I know there is a lot of uncertainty swirling around about Windows 10 kill switches. Some are recommending reinstalling Windows 7 as a work around. Wouldn't a Windows 7 image installed to a virtual machine be much easier to manage? Only have to start it up when you need your flash fix. And it would keep your flash vulnerabilities cordoned off to a disposable windows partition too.
That means a pretty severe performance drop in my experience and Flash already has issues with slowing down after some time.

AdamWenston

Jan 3, 2019
Here's what I have of the partial translation for the newest game so far. I've only done about half the 'main' part, and most of one of the scenes.
There's a few grammar, graphical, and context issues, but I'm just focusing on translating as much as possible atm. They will be fixed later on, don't worry.

-snip-
Still working on that? Seems easier just to MTL it. DeepL seems pretty good at that.

Deleted member 224902

Sep 30, 2017
Still working on that? Seems easier just to MTL it. DeepL seems pretty good at that.
Complete DeepL MTL?
Nope!
Believe me... You won't like a full MTL without error check.

These symbols 〜 ~ 。… ! ? and spaces play a major role when you need proper translations which most of DeepL can't detect even if it has decent translations.

KinkyFoxXX

Jan 30, 2021
There maybe 2 problems:
1) You ARE making a mistake in putting the proper file in the proper location & the game is unable to detect that file
2) The file is corrupted, As I remember from Demoness game, there WAS a bug in one of the H-scenes from someone's translation & for that I had to search for the proper file from others to build the perfect APK

Solution?
1) The game you're having problems with must contain ALL these SUB files
View attachment 699317
Check if one of these is missing

2) Re-download the whole game from some other's translation or better yet download the Japanese version & check if you have the same problem

If this above solution does work, like using right click & skip then I can say there IS a coding problem in a certain part of that H-scene & this skipping bypasses that (For that download from another translation like : Icevail, JohnRo, Machine translation)

And as toolkit said
Problem CAN lie in the file not working because of different name
I know because I faced the same thing when I was building it & had to change the name to what originally was (check the Japanese/RAW version to know the real SUB names)
How do you fix the Vampire Hunter N?

KinkyFoxXX

Jan 30, 2021
There maybe 2 problems:
1) You ARE making a mistake in putting the proper file in the proper location & the game is unable to detect that file
2) The file is corrupted, As I remember from Demoness game, there WAS a bug in one of the H-scenes from someone's translation & for that I had to search for the proper file from others to build the perfect APK

Solution?
1) The game you're having problems with must contain ALL these SUB files
View attachment 699317
Check if one of these is missing

2) Re-download the whole game from some other's translation or better yet download the Japanese version & check if you have the same problem

If this above solution does work, like using right click & skip then I can say there IS a coding problem in a certain part of that H-scene & this skipping bypasses that (For that download from another translation like : Icevail, JohnRo, Machine translation)

And as toolkit said
Problem CAN lie in the file not working because of different name
I know because I faced the same thing when I was building it & had to change the name to what originally was (check the Japanese/RAW version to know the real SUB names)
Does this also work with the other two demon ones?

Sep 22, 2017
I am, no issues on my end yet, but I'm also not sure which KB, that's what the Windows updates start with and usually refers to the identifier code for each in this context, is responsible. I haven't gotten an update this month yet, so it may be the next one.
I am 99% sure that the Windows updates did not break the projector functionality. In which case that means that the people running into trouble in this thread are trying to run the swfs through their browsers. If so, I'm not exactly sure what they expected or why there is even any kind of uproar at all. Hell, even the OP contains a link to an older version of the projector.
However, telling people that the projector is broken by the update, making an unsubstantiated claim that the update was a killswitch that will bluescreen your computer if you don't update in time, telling people to block the windows update IP address in your router settings, and even suggesting to downgrade to Windows 7 (I'm aware that not all of that was you specifically) is nothing more than generating needless panic in my opinion.
Edit: Made some edits

Reactions: reikung
4.90 star(s) 14 Votes