alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I am 99% sure that the Windows updates did not break the projector functionality. In which case that means that the people running into trouble in this thread are trying to run the swfs through their browsers. If so, I'm not exactly sure what they expected or why there is even any kind of uproar at all. Hell, even the OP contains a link to an older version of the projector.
However, telling people that the projector is broken by the update, making an unsubstantiated claim that the update was a killswitch that will bluescreen your computer if you don't update in time, telling people to block the windows update IP address in your router settings, and even suggesting to downgrade to Windows 7 (I'm aware that not all of that was you specifically) is nothing more than generating needless panic in my opinion.
Edit: Made some edits
Hence why I made it clear that it was speculation.

Obviously, nobody but Microsoft has access to OS code except those who have forced their way in to try and cut off the forced updates and any consequences intended by Microsoft. The BSOD is just so well timed that it seems to be a reaction of the OS to not being updated and not an actual error, I am in no way saying anything definitive.

Also, I was not suggesting a downgrade to Windows 7, that was what my own last resort is. I have a physical disk of that OS, but some of my hardware is only compatible with 10, so I am keeping it an option, but I won't take it unless Microsoft forces my hand.

IF there is a kill switch update coming from Microsoft to kill all Flash implementations on Windows 10, including standalone copies, even the older projector in the OP won't help, it is as dead as any other player in that case.

Mcompany

Jul 12, 2017
I am 99% sure that the Windows updates did not break the projector functionality. In which case that means that the people running into trouble in this thread are trying to run the swfs through their browsers. If so, I'm not exactly sure what they expected or why there is even any kind of uproar at all. Hell, even the OP contains a link to an older version of the projector.
However, telling people that the projector is broken by the update, making an unsubstantiated claim that the update was a killswitch that will bluescreen your computer if you don't update in time, telling people to block the windows update IP address in your router settings, and even suggesting to downgrade to Windows 7 (I'm aware that not all of that was you specifically) is nothing more than generating needless panic in my opinion.
So I did more tests on my machine and realized: I'm a dumbass and Windows has a million more issues with itself under the hood, and I was wrong: the killswitch did nothing to the projector. I'm sorry for the misinformation. (It does break most attempts to use anything other than a projector though, and Idk if the Newgrounds workaround actually works that well)

Turns out: Win10 doesn't like not having an audio device. Most apps don't care, but some actually break in this case. I disabled my laptop's speakers (using a nonsensically accessible button in the settings menu) to remove the chance of the volume screwing up on me without headphone. This breaks virtually any music player (even windows media player) from finding a null value for directly accessing the audio device (my speculation from the error message). Normally, I wouldn't care, and normally this doesn't do anything to flash games, but apparently JSK games uses that api directly too instead of just playing sounds, and it just breaks on my machine unless I use headphones or reenable the speakers

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Since last 10 pages are all about "icevail please don't abandon us"* and "the flah is dead!"**, I just gonna ask my dumb question:
How to open a good ending in that "manhunter" game, where we have a fight with gray-haired big-boobed girl???
Already got slave/horny/prostitute endings

* okay, really: pls don't. You are doing a gods work here.
** started using stand-alone FP before it became mainstream...

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
Love ending for Yua?
You need to chat with her during mid combat, and pick the obvious love / good related choices, no lewding her in anyway.
I think we should have detailed path guide at the repository.

CuccumberSandwich

Nov 8, 2019
Still working on that? Seems easier just to MTL it. DeepL seems pretty good at that.
Yeah still working on it. Just waiting for a day to myself to translate a bunch of it in one go.

You wouldn’t want a game fully MTL’d, machines can’t understand context or improvise and you will often end up with nonsensical sentences. Even with a good translation, there will so many errors that it ends up a lot quicker to just do it this way.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
even worse, by some comments here and there i am suspecting theyre using video players to render the flash files and that is just asking for trouble if theyre interactive.

Reactions: alex2011

joshex

Jan 12, 2019
SWFchan . org and newgrounds have info on how to uninstall offending flash blocking updates, or how to make some changes in the registry editor regedit.exe to unblock flash. for those who aree on windows 10 and having problems with BSODs because of not updating this is an alternative.

At the very least I stand by my advice to block windows updates in your router. you can always unblock the servers again later if one of the updates is legit or when someone makes a work around to unblock flash regardless of the update etc. it really is like anything, let other people who don't block the updates find out the hard way what they do. and if good, allow. and if bad, block furiously. it's like viewing your opponent's next move in a JSK game. :p

just take a few precautions. wait out new updates. keep up to date on flash supporting sites like swfchan and newgrounds.

________

in other news I just found a graphics bug in JSK's demoness when you knock her over and H(doggy), one of her labias (right side) is missing initially until you insert.

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
On to other news, I've now finished with Yua, should be 100% done, might have missed some minor points, unsure, but shouldn't affect the whole experience to boner killing degree, all lewds done and some fixed/spiced up a notch.

Now going through Satsuki's 'gyaku' scenes, fellatio, paizuri, etc.
The plan is to get those done before valentines day is over.

And please do not ask me about how to get flash working, I have no issues with it, can't help fixing what ain't broken on my end.

Last edited:

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
Alright, I've done Satsuki's gyaku files and uploaded those with the rest of the Satsuki's updated translations to repository, there might be typos, and goofy lines here and there, but do enjoy the weird smut o' mine.

Counters are in full moon runes, but share mid sex dialogue with the missionary / doggystyle lines.
If someone wants to give those a go, stage is all yours.

Edit; Well, I am a moron, it seems I made the same plunder as I did when I first started, I hit the save, but I hit the WRONG save at some points, facesit and cowgirl are still mostly in moon runes, back to editing.

facepalm.jpg

Edit; All fixed now.

That being said, I'll hold a small break from translations, I got few games to finish (atelier ryza 1 & 2, etc) and some work related responsibilities to handle.

Last edited:

Posab

Oct 2, 2019
I possess an issue where on Manhunter Yua my game softlocks after cumming for the fifth time in a row

Icevail

Nov 2, 2020
I possess an issue where on Manhunter Yua my game softlocks after cumming for the fifth time in a row
Known bug, only present in release version of the game, it was fixed by JSK, my translation is made on the release version.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes