GodlessSinner

Sep 5, 2023
so I downloaded RPGM XP RTP, all that works fine and brings me to the blank text that others have had before putting in the translation. I downloaded the translation patch given in the first post, and extracted it to the game folder so it replaced the old files. But it's still not loading any text. Did I do something wrong?

ackdirty

Sep 28, 2023
so I downloaded RPGM XP RTP, all that works fine and brings me to the blank text that others have had before putting in the translation. I downloaded the translation patch given in the first post, and extracted it to the game folder so it replaced the old files. But it's still not loading any text. Did I do something wrong?
You need Japanese Locale. Even though the translation changes the text to English it still uses Japanese encoding. The easiest way is to install Locale Emulator, then right click on game and choose Run In Japanese.

GodlessSinner

Sep 5, 2023
You need Japanese Locale. Even though the translation changes the text to English it still uses Japanese encoding. The easiest way is to install Locale Emulator, then right click on game and choose Run In Japanese.
where can I get that? I looked here but all I found were people saying they found trojans in them etc so I want to be careful here

ackdirty

Sep 28, 2023
where can I get that? I looked here but all I found were people saying they found trojans in them etc so I want to be careful here
This is the one that works for me:

Sometimes virus detectors trigger false positives on locale emulators because of the way they hook into the system. If you don't want to trust it you can instead just set your computer's System Locale to Japanese. Instructions can be seen here (expand the " System Locale For Non-Unicode Programs " section):

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/

GodlessSinner

Sep 5, 2023
This is the one that works for me:

Sometimes virus detectors trigger false positives on locale emulators because of the way they hook into the system. If you don't want to trust it you can instead just set your computer's System Locale to Japanese. Instructions can be seen here (expand the " System Locale For Non-Unicode Programs " section):

https://f95zone.to/threads/how-to-run-japanese-games-on-windows.1040/
looks like that doesn't work, might be because my system is windows 11 which isn't listed in the compatible OS's. Not listed in the post you shared either.

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes