RPGM Abandoned Kallen Isekai [v0.21] [Hervi]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Macarhat

Jul 14, 2019
All langauges I know, you either say something that amounts to "'cause reasons"
That is, probably, that he's try to say. "For some reason" as "because of reason i dont want to specify". Well, i have too agree - it would be simpler if he say the same thing he said on itch io.

Hervi

Mar 27, 2022
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't know English and I translate with an online translator. The reasons why I decided to suspend the project I explained on Patreon, I also conducted a vote on whether I can start working on a new game. I understand that from the outside it looks pretty mean, but Patreon subscribers in the majority were not against the new game.
I hope the translation is more correct now.

Arkady

May 15, 2018
I guess it was technically correct the first time around. But it's certainly more informative now, which should be better in terms of reception.

Dec 17, 2020
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I don't know English and I translate with an online translator. The reasons why I decided to suspend the project I explained on Patreon, I also conducted a vote on whether I can start working on a new game. I understand that from the outside it looks pretty mean, but Patreon subscribers in the majority were not against the new game.
I hope the translation is more correct now.
Hervi I will support the new game, played it already, but I still hope that you will someday finish this.

RetiredMember

May 29, 2017
Need more variations in the costumes and choice selections. Art is nice, story is so-so (sometimes there are mistranslations), other things need improvement like game sizes and a few bugs. Overall, a decent game (C+, only art is B+)

lielie1212

Nov 19, 2020
I don‘t think the 0.25 version update is for Kallen Isekai since it is onhold. The update is probably for the new game he is working on (I don‘t know if there is a thread for the game. The name is Alice‘s Conclusion).
Don't have access but one post said Alice which is the new game. I think the Mods need to add a "on hold" tag to avoid confusion.

CavemanJohnson

Jan 19, 2018
What I can say about this game so far:

Pros:
- Really good art style, very polished/ good looking.
- Decent Isekai story, basic but has potential for more.
- Easy to follow instructions and game mechanics, corruption system and refusal of actions has consequences.
- Decent hub world, easy to navigate could use more places to go/ better indication of open places.

Cons:
- Slow grind, everything that pays money gives small amounts and only during the day. Night time is useless.
- No gallery mode (that I know of), while not super important it does make it easier to see favorite scenes again rather than playing through the game again.
- Multiple glitches and errors, language needs to be touched up and certain bugs need to be dealt with.
-No autosave, having an autosave function would help tremendously.
- Dev not working on it, dev moved on to another project on a whim and has stated they might rework everything about the game. Needs to stick to one project and finish it before moving on.
- Very similar game and story elements to Kingdom of Deception, intro and orc interactions are almost nearly identical. While not a huge issue, it just worries me that a lack of original ideas might be an issue for future updates.
(Ex: Relief tents, one of the jobs you can do is cleaning the camp, work at bar, fight in arena, MC is captured by orcs, etc.)
- Lack of walkthrough from dev, having a guide would help with finding events as well as figuring out what to do next during an update. Even adding a quest/event tracker would be a benefit.

Overall because it's still fairly new I'm not super disappointed with what I've seen so far, however due to the dev's lack of focus on this game in favor of another, simply because they felt like it, does not bode well. At this time I would agree with many others that the game should be listed as on hold for the time being. My personal opinion is that this game needs new original ideas for the story and events, add a difficulty setting for the grind and enemies to better match what the player wants, and add quality of life improvements both in and out of game.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
you know its funny but I can't stand isekai anime, but I loove isekai h-rpgs.. looking forward to seeing this one continue, liking the artwork

ventoms

Oct 17, 2021
It seems that I'm stuck, I chose to pay another way for the training, and Kallen didn't level up because of that.

Is there another way to progress or am I supposed to not choose that option?

sekira12

Sep 14, 2022
You can do what you want, but if you do what you want, we will rape you... - Orcs or something, I don't understand politics...:sleep:

Nov 21, 2019
what happened with the "on hold" tag??
More or less abandoned at this point in time as the developer has started up a third game (Amber Embraces) with no mention of Kallen Isekai. Considering everything the developer does is put through a wildly skewed voting/poll system (Three tiers, $15-5pts, $5-3pts, and $1-1pt) I wouldn't expect Kallen to ever be finished if the $15 tier keeps voting the way they do.

Reactions: Starbucks
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes