Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
We've made an update on
I would guess news? News about the next update?
We updated the game two weeks ago for the 10$+ tier, and last week we started to release an update on the erotic content on the test branch:

98cfc0cf5ec7b04c251d9018a3bc8f06.jpg

We will push a new test update this weekend and probably by the beginning of september, we will have a more final version of this new system we have been working on. The open-world will probably go public at the end of October

Reactions: GodOfAll and CLDꝜ

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I'd love to check out the latest version 8.8 :) it's looking great!
It will go public in October. We are also still adding more quests and polishment on the villages so we are holding this public demo also because since the public one stays one step back from the patrons, we want to make sure that we will cause a good impression once we make the first public release of the open-world =)

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
Looking forward to that :)
Though... considering the site we're on, I do hope I won't have to wait until October ;-)

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
I played it for 30 minutes after playing a few scenes and leaving the castle, the game was over
Yeah, that's how the public version is for now, there's far more content within our Patron tiers and in the future, even the public version will be more contentful. What 5GB has to do with it though? Thanks for playing :)

Reactions: NukaCola

astutejoe

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
He probably wants to say, that 5gb are too much for what the game has to offer!
I reckon, I just wanted for him to not be a superficial hater so we can talk properly. With that in mind though, game sizes are usually directly related to the graphics quality (texture resolution for instance), map size and if it has baked lighting. The association content -> size is not very precise.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
of the game on Patreon, now with a proper save\load system with slots as we get ready to make new quests that will give you more gameplay time =)

Kalyskah Save Slot.jpg

We are now one month from the release of the open world to the public!
You can check the schedule

And a rough preview of a cutscene we have been working on:

The jump between version 0.7 and 0.8 will be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Guys, do you add another/more settings in the character customization in the next updates ?
There is an improvement coming for the camera controls on the character customisation screen. And eventually, we will add tattoos and different types of makeup. Just not for the next update

Reactions: Nemesis9000

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Im gonna say what I said when I first found this game. Its an ambitious project. I hope you guys can get to a point where graphics and general gameplay are smooth and stable enough so you can focus on the plot and get out updates in a timely manner.

It looks very promising but I personally have to see more before I consider supporting.

The last time I played this game it was just one floor on a dungeon and I couldnt leave or do anything else but fight the couple of enemies in there and get 1 or 2 animations. The gameplay also was very clunky and buggy back then. But it has been a while since I tried it. Probably more than 3 months.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Im gonna say what I said when I first found this game. Its an ambitious project. I hope you guys can get to a point where graphics and general gameplay are smooth and stable enough so you can focus on the plot and get out updates in a timely manner.

It looks very promising but I personally have to see more before I consider supporting.

The last time I played this game it was just one floor on a dungeon and I couldn't leave or do anything else but fight a couple of enemies in there and get 1 or 2 animations. The gameplay also was very clunky and buggy back then. But it has been a while since I tried it. Probably more than 3 months.
Hmm, there was a locked door and you need to get through a puzzle to leave that room. But the current public version is still the dungeon, although the combat improved a lot since the first time we released.

We have been releasing some stuff of the open world to our patrons for the last two months and we will have it on a public release at the end of next month. There won't be more than two or three quests yet, but you will be able to see that we improved A LOT the way we manage armours, the way the combat flows, we are improving the lipsync at this very moment, and also, there will be some cutscenes + dialogues explaining more of the plot. The plan is to finish those starting story hooks until half of the October and then focus November and December on further refinements + implementations of new quests. So we are very close to reaching the point you described as having everything stable enough to then just focus on the story.

We have a team of 7 people working on the game + voice actors and actresses and we are doing the best we can to manage the budget with freelancers to add VFX and things of the sort. What slows down our process is that making a game with the quality we aim to achieve is expansive. To give you an idea: A character designer can cost 1000 dollars, the voice acting is 20 dollars per 100 words and there can be quests with over 3000 words. New armours usually cost 400 or 500 dollars to have a male and female version. If you put in perspective all we have to do in terms of programming, animating, modelling, level design and writing, you see that our current budget is still the greatest barrier to cross.

So with this MVP of the RPG side of the game being released at the end of next month to the public, we hope to show people a better version of what our game is about and to show that we are seriously and continuously working hard, doing our best to manage at least the more realistic expectations.
=)

There are some screenshots of the world we are planning to do if you want to learn more about the steps we want to take while we expand the explorable area.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Ill be watching this with great interest.
It seems you did at least put a lot of thought into the financial side too, so Im curious to see how it pans out.
Just try not to go overambitious, but I dont have to tell you that I think.
Good Luck. :giggle:

Reactions: Kalyskah
3.30 star(s) 41 Votes