crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Also, just fyi because I'm not entirely convinced it's intended, but the first guy (I'm really bad at names, so I forgot already) respawns after each reload or at least he did for me when reloading in the same hallway. This permits an exploit of farming for free EXP and blood by saving after feasting on him then reloading and repeating (though it's slow at 9 EXP per reload). Anyways just thought I'd point that out in case it's not already covered.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
well this happened (after equipping closed hexblade shirt, and they're swingin' like granny titties on a treadmill)

edit: saving and reloading fixed it, and equipping the shirt again didn't cause the problem.

double edit: a few suggestions if I may
  • Change the blood power key to something other than Alt - when I alt tab to post here I come back to find my precious blood all used up
  • Make it easier to loot enemies, open doors, etc. Sometimes it feels like a "find the hotspot" point and click game.
  • If you die while locked on, the lock on stays turned on after resurrection. First time this happened I thought the camera controls had broken.
  • Set a reasonable set of zoom ranges that the player can select between. It appears that some of the issues with world interaction are based on camera position. Do yourselves a favor and choose what will be "far", what will be "tight", and a few stops in between. Maybe add an option to free the camera zoom for players who want to make pretty screenshots.
  • If the player interacts with a chest, then closes that window, opens their inventory, and right clicks an item in their inventory to equip it, the item instead moves to the chest.
  • When hovering over a weapon or armor item, it would be a nice quality of life feature to show the equipped weapon's stats next to the hovered weapon's stats.
sorry I'm a product owner and UX advocate IRL I can't help myself
Yeah, the camera and combat controls are not 100% done yet. We were working on that when someone told us that the public version wasn't saving the progress properly, so we had to patch it asap. My idea is to keep the player able to jump even with weapons up, and then alt would be the dodge. Activating the blood buff could with "middle mouse button". But right now it's just an idea, I need to test it first.

About the inventory management, currently, the HUD is a bit of a mess, we are trying to gather some money to see if we can hire someone to make a proper RPG hud for us. So it might take a while until we can improve it. Right now we are trying to fix the most critical issues (like granny breasts) and add a few more features to the general gameplay and story. So unfortunately, the quality of life polishments can not be on the top priority because our team is small.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
How does this game run? Do you need a strong PC?
You need an average-to-strong PC able to run directx12

Also, just fyi because I'm not entirely convinced it's intended, but the first guy (I'm really bad at names, so I forgot already) respawns after each reload or at least he did for me when reloading in the same hallway. This permits an exploit of farming for free EXP and blood by saving after feasting on him then reloading and repeating (though it's slow at 9 EXP per reload). Anyways just thought I'd point that out in case it's not already covered.
We will improve the save\load system to make it track enemies and some objects that you interact as well. But it might take two patches.

Reactions: SSJGOD

leyre

Jun 29, 2017
Are the NPC supposed to stand around like idiots inside one another without anything being clickable?

Enthusiass

Jun 21, 2018
hmm I'll check the attribute system problem..
About the sunlight damage, you will notice that you have some spheres bellow the health, those are called "blood drops". Each time you fill your "Blood Points bar", you earn a drop up to 2. If Kalyskah is on her last blood bar, which means no blood drops, her skin will become paler and her eyes turn red, that's when she will take sunlight damage. Some dialogue lines with the blacksmith and the nurse will change too.
Ah, that would explain why I started getting sunlight damage out of blue then, I was trying to figure that one out when I had to constantly use blood power during combat with bears and wolves to keep myself topped up. I'll try to test the attribute problem more tomorrow.

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
Will this game contain any beast content? i remember an old version being tagged with it.
I don't think it will because of patron guidelines. But we will have monsters in the far future.

Are the NPC supposed to stand around like idiots inside one another without anything being clickable?
errr... not really! I saw another person reporting this bug, but only once. Is it aways happening with you or just once?

Ah, that would explain why I started getting sunlight damage out of blue then, I was trying to figure that one out when I had to constantly use blood power during combat with bears and wolves to keep myself topped up. I'll try to test the attribute problem more tomorrow.
Spoiler alert: Eventually we will also have an skill tree! So the combat will be funnier and with more powers on Kalyskah's arsenal

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

leyre

Jun 29, 2017
I don't think it will because of patron guidelines. But we will have monsters in the far future.

errr... not really! I saw another person reporting this bug, but only once. Is it aways happening with you or just once?

Spoiler alert: Eventually we will also have an skill tree! So the combat will be funnier and with more powers on Kalyskah's arsenal
Happened at the begging, when you found female something something, they just stood there inside of each other but i always able to click the animations, 2nd encounter, a male, they just stood inside one another without being able to click anything until he gave up

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
7Zip keeps throwing a "Header Error" message when I extract. I've downloaded twice now and extracted 3 times, same thing. Not really familiar with what a header error is, so I'm not sure if the download is broken or something. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows what's happening.
Are you using the latest version of 7Zip?

Funposter

Dec 27, 2016
First time playing the game and wow, this definitely stands out above some of the other shit on here. I commend your ambition, but I hope this doesn't fall into "never ever" territory due to burnout. If you're considering the skill trees, I wouldn't mind something like VTMB but as a mashed together combination of the clans. Shame about the beast content though.

Reactions: Kalyskah

remicks

May 3, 2017
Yeah, the camera and combat controls are not 100% done yet. We were working on that when someone told us that the public version wasn't saving the progress properly, so we had to patch it asap. My idea is to keep the player able to jump even with weapons up, and then alt would be the dodge. Activating the blood buff could with "middle mouse button". But right now it's just an idea, I need to test it first.

About the inventory management, currently, the HUD is a bit of a mess, we are trying to gather some money to see if we can hire someone to make a proper RPG hud for us. So it might take a while until we can improve it. Right now we are trying to fix the most critical issues (like granny breasts) and add a few more features to the general gameplay and story. So unfortunately, the quality of life polishments can not be on the top priority because our team is small.
Totally understandable. You have to build the house properly before you start decorating.

Reactions: Kalyskah

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
First time playing the game and wow, this definitely stands out above some of the other shit on here. I commend your ambition, but I hope this doesn't fall into "never ever" territory due to burnout. If you're considering the skill trees, I wouldn't mind something like VTMB but as a mashed together combination of the clans. Shame about the beast content though.
Thank you very much for your feedback!
We are a small team, but of people that have some years of experience in the market. So we are trying our best to make "our own thing" now, after working as freelancers or on other companies. We do have the knowledge to do what we propose, now we just need time and budget to be able to walk towards that direction. So far I'm really happy for what we have been able to accomplish =D

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
I don't consider my PC to be a weak PC. Maybe outdated, but it can still play recent games well. It runs Borderlands 3 fine for example. But this game is pretty much unplayable for me. I even went so far as to turn all settings to potato mode (lowest settings) and the game lags and freezes on me randomly and often. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. This game looks interesting and I want to give it a try.

Levy88

Jul 25, 2017
I don't consider my PC to be a weak PC. Maybe outdated, but it can still play recent games well. It runs Borderlands 3 fine for example. But this game is pretty much unplayable for me. I even went so far as to turn all settings to potato mode (lowest settings) and the game lags and freezes on me randomly and often. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. This game looks interesting and I want to give it a try.
What are your computer specs?

Plenty of mid range computers can run a game like borderlands with med to low settings. But it's an entirely different ballgame when those systems try to run in development games that haven't went through a handful of extensive optimization phases towards the end of development.

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
DAYUM this game is using 100% of my GPU, I'm using a GTX 1070 with 8GB of space lol. My CPU is a Ryzen 2600 with 6 cores haha.

Any ways lower it? Setting graphics on low didnt fix it.

Edit: I dit some tweaks in Gforce experience. 34% now.

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
Here are my specs

Windows 10 64 bit
Processor: AMD-FX 8320 Eight Core 3.5Ghz
Ram: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon Rx 470

Not sure what other info I need to post

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
7Zip keeps throwing a "Header Error" message when I extract. I've downloaded twice now and extracted 3 times, same thing. Not really familiar with what a header error is, so I'm not sure if the download is broken or something. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows what's happening.
same things happends to me, not sure what it is but the game is still playable whatsoever
The zip file is created by Itch, and for some reason it creates this header error, which can safely be ignored.
For other people having this problem: If your file archiver software refuse to extract because of the error, download the latest version of , as it will extract it successfully. Not sure about older versions.

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017
When a bear is the most dangerous enemy in the game since he just ragdolls you into the ground and under the map.

3.30 star(s) 41 Votes