meep862

Dec 19, 2019
How is the game so far. First time im playing it.
From what I've seen so far it's still in the early stages of development. Combat and UI is a bit lackluster at times, and the world isn't very fleshed out at the moment but personally I still found it very enjoyable

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
How is the game so far. First time im playing it.
From what I've seen so far it's still in the early stages of development. Combat and UI is a bit lackluster at times, and the world isn't very fleshed out at the moment but personally I still found it very enjoyable
Yes, the game is in an early stage of development. We are starting to fill the world with quest only now. It will take something between 2 or 3 months until we get one and a half hour of "sandbox gameplay". But I think that the combat is shaping in a decent direction and with the next patch, there will be a few more quality of life things like a night vision mode and things of the sort.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

malvic

Sep 8, 2017
The game is interesting. I'd give it a go. There really isn't that much to it in length of gameplay, but almost uniquely among many patreon backed adult games, there is actual effort put into the gameplay.(I haven't played 0.9, and the gameplay had thought put into it before that, and then they changed it. So it seems like they do actually care.)
The game looks good and feels decent, the VA work is pretty decent. Animations are nice.
I'd best describe it as a good core of a game that lacks content.

I'm going to rant for awhile here, as I see at least one of the devs is present in the thread occasionally.

I'll preface by repeating that I've only played 0.8. I'm curious to see what has changed since then, I intend to wait for whenever 0.10.3 becomes publicly available to catch up, I might consider supporting for 0.11 if what 0.11 has interests me enough. But I'm posting here and referring to some stuff on your patreon pretty much entirely because I hardly ever support anything on patreon(and thus can't be bothered digging up my account right now), I'm just really stingy.

So take whatever words I say as those of an impartial observer rather than a paying customer. There are probably a lot of paying customers who might disagree.

First off, just an observation that I've made:
0.9.1 is the most recent public version available, I believe?
Both the patreon main page and the "[Download] Itch access" patreon post linked in the main description refer to 0.8.10 being the most recent version. Which sounds like a miscommunication?
And on the itch.io, despite the actual download correctly citing 0.9.1, there's still 0.7 and 0.8 versions described as the patreon rewards. So that should probably be tidied up too.

You did post on patreon recently asking questions about patreon rewards and what might make people support the game and so on. And did re-explain the price of the expensive supporter brackets. You might want to re-do the description of especially the most expensive one. There's very little written there for the price.
Additionally, while the price of the supporter tiers tied to buying assets obviously can't change, it might be possible to make a cheaper tier just for requesting animations that some people might be interested in. Other than that, I'm not the best person to really talk about what incentives you could add or change. As I did say before, I'm only rarely going to be a paying customer.

I think you can tackle quantity more easily though.
Which is probably the main point that I want to make, and my biggest issue with the game as it appears in its demo form.

You have some adult scenes and some adult outfits. And you have a working core of gameplay. Those are your two hooks. But you seem to be presenting them both without either one standing out. This isn't unreasonable, you have a small world you want to slowly open up and that takes a lot of work. But I think you could punctuate your updates with big gestures on either side of that fence. And that might draw in more people to experience that content as quick as they can.
I'm not saying that you need to focus on big projects, but rather have some very specific projects.

On the side of adult content, consider catering to people's fetishes more directly. Like for example, you could add a new character and their house in an update. Not inherently much work, but you could design that content to very specifically appeal to some groups of people. Make the character male and very submissive. Specifically highlight "we have added new femdom content." That might catch the eye of people who previously had not paid attention. Then the next update, make some especially dominant character and do a relatively extreme female-submissive relationship.

Essentially, rather than saying "here is our adult game, our latest update adds sex scenes" you could put out a more eye catching "the highlight of this latest update is a new quest where Kalyskah can explore her dominant side." One introduced to the fact that the game features adult content, merely more adult content doesn't sound particularly exciting until you start slapping buzzwords around. A quick glance at the most successful adult games funded on patreon should highlight how many of those focus on very specific things like mind control, incest, monstergirls and other such stuff. I'm not saying to pursue those things specifically(some are clearly not options for everyone, and patreon's rules do play a major role these days), but they are talking points. And I think those are what wield the most power in a game's(or any creative work) ability to draw people in. Be they relatively basic and already somewhat represented in the game, like some sub/dom dynamics, or be they far more specific with foot stuff, mind control or bestiality. Pick and choose whatever fetishes, but make sure you reinforce the ones that you do have, because ultimately fetishes are what stand out.

On the side of gameplay, you bothered having a combat system of some quality, you should highlight that aspect of the game as well. Even if it's just a new basic type of enemy or a new weapon to use or to be used against the player, even if it's that simple of an addition, reading that an update has both [SEX THING] and [COMBAT THING] reinforces that the game is dedicated to both.
Just simply adding more things to fight outside of the initial dungeon would be good, regardless of the content. Something as simple as a bandit camp that doesn't have an explanation yet works. Or something far more complex, but still pretty light on work required might be to add a second underground area near the exit from the first dungeon. Reuse the dungeon and undead assets and make a little area for the player to engage in combat with.
If you create a combat encounter like this that you can say is a challenge, that itself is something to advertise. Regardless of how it might have no story yet.

Also, I'll just provide a quick anecdote of my first experience with the game late last year because it sort of fits the topic.
I installed it after downloading it from this site. Along with about half a dozen other games. I expected to have a short look at each of them and to discard them all after five minutes, because that's the quality you usually get with patreon funded adult games.
I launch the game and I appreciate the way it looks, that's one positive point at least. Nothing that makes me care about the game though.
I test out the controls, and I'm surprised that the gameplay appears to actually have thought put into it.
I loot the first room, find the collar and read the text. I'm now invested into potential representations of submission in the adult content I haven't yet reached.
And I kept playing after that. It was the only game of the bunch I didn't immediately drop. It would be wrong to say that the submissive stuff went anywhere, and I don't blame the game for lacking it early in development. But regardless, it was both something that drew me in, as well as a good example of something I didn't discover until I downloaded the game, so it could certainly be advertised more clearly. And if it is, I think that'll help a lot.

The bottom line is that I think Kalyskah has promise. Enough that I've been paying attention to it for the last few months and even despite not trying every update, I'm looking forward to playing the next public release.
I wouldn't have typed out this massive post on a subject I didn't at least care about a little bit.

I could write a whole lot more, especially if typed about what I'd specifically like from the game, But this was meant to be a relatively impartial observation of the game and its potential audience. Just ranting about what I'd like is a lot more selfish and less constructive. I'm still more than happy to talk about what I'd like. But giving somebody a chance to tell me to keep my opinions to myself first seems more polite. Let me know if that's something I should bother posting about or not.

Good luck with the game either way, and if anyone else reads this entire post for some reason and hasn't tried the game, at least do that. Even if there isn't that much there yet, what is there already is interesting.

BlaZeR4fun

Aug 29, 2018
hello, can someone explain me with details , how you made the game work on windows 7? I tryed to understand some users that they referred to it ,but i failed

malvic

Sep 8, 2017
It just worked without any issues for me on win7. How is your hardware? My PC is pretty damn up to date except for the OS.

Phelaria

Sep 27, 2017
Version 0.10 will be released to the public next month =)
When opening Merishya's cell and then going on to open the chamber, the quest shows to be completed. I beat the boss alone (because Merishya does not attack), and I exit alongside Merishya. However the quest to open Merishya's cell comes up again, as if i did not complete it. Were these issue's fixed in the update? Or at least brought to your attention? Thanks in advance

Reactions: 0Jg6@^$WYe

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
its decent i7 1050ti 16g ram but as u said old os and ddr3
Then it might be software related. An i7, 10 series GTX, and 16Gb RAM is plenty for this game, though I'm not familiar with how much the DDR3 part would affect things. This smells of a software related problem rather than hardware. Is your GPU driver up to date? What happens when you try to launch the game? Be specific, because "it doesn't work" unironically doesn't work in troubleshooting either.

BlaZeR4fun

Aug 29, 2018
Then it might be software related. An i7, 10 series GTX, and 16Gb RAM is plenty for this game, though I'm not familiar with how much the DDR3 part would affect things. This smells of a software related problem rather than hardware. Is your GPU driver up to date? What happens when you try to launch the game? Be specific, because "it doesn't work" unironically doesn't work in troubleshooting either.
DX12 is not supported on your system.Try running withought the -dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument.

0Jg6@^$WYe

Apr 8, 2018
When opening Merishya's cell and then going on to open the chamber, the quest shows to be completed. I beat the boss alone (because Merishya does not attack), and I exit alongside Merishya. However the quest to open Merishya's cell comes up again, as if i did not complete it. Were these issue's fixed in the update? Or at least brought to your attention? Thanks in advance
Same. Actually, the first time I did it, it let me out after fighting the pet/boss, and I fought the two bandits outside and died. I took a break from the game, reloaded, and now can only start at Merishya's cell again. And now every time I kill the boss, when I go outside, I end up at a red wall outside, can't get to the bandits again.

Great game, on a whole other level than most of what's out there. The immersive handling of defeat scenes is interesting. I wouldn't mind the sex/bite minigame serving as a combat alternative (assuming that wasn't already the plan).

Reactions: Phelaria

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
so gallery works after last update?
Yes it does!
And it's way better than before. Now you can change characters on the scene and also have the same "sandbox mechanics" that you get during gameplay

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
thanx. ive got an old pc so i cant just play this game)
Make sure you have a good graphic card, the game has up to date graphics so it can get quite heavy =)
If directx12 doesn't work, try to use the little launcher on the folder to change it to direct11

Reactions: CurtisBlaydes

Kalyskah

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2019
can't change resolution
Did you try with directx12?
Because the problem with resolutions is known with directx11 and that's why we don't recommend it

black screen during try to run on directx12
Use the launcher inside the game folder to change it to directx11 and see if it will work. With directx11 I recommend you to go on the resolution and put borderless window though, because full screen will probably make the game crash

i wish to play as male protagonist T_T
We used to want to add James as a playable character, but after some thought we gave up the idea =(
Sorry

PorcZburator

May 23, 2018
idk if ever someone who actually makes the game reads this..... but this....oh don`t have the words... it`s like a dream ..i liked a lot Blood rayne, i wish she has blood rayne ``stripper moves`` fighting style, but beggers can`t be choosers still awesome game i enjoy the fuck out of it....hope when in final version gets out somehow somewhere gets an award :D

3.30 star(s) 42 Votes