zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Alright so I am trying to get this to run on steam deck (since my pc sucks) and having little to no success. It doesn't help that I am computer stupid and I need some techno wizardry to do it. Has anyone managed to get it to run on steam deck and could you make a walkthrough of what to do? I tried downloading a file I could activate in Konsole to give me JP locale but that didn't seem to work.

jess7979

Jun 29, 2018
Alright so I am trying to get this to run on steam deck (since my pc sucks) and having little to no success. It doesn't help that I am computer stupid and I need some techno wizardry to do it. Has anyone managed to get it to run on steam deck and could you make a walkthrough of what to do? I tried downloading a file I could activate in Konsole to give me JP locale but that didn't seem to work.
Which version did you download? the F95Zone version?
If so even on my computer I havent been able to make this game work. I had to find another version that worked.
The version I use I got from Sseth video on youtube about this game

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
Which version did you download? the F95Zone version?
If so even on my computer I havent been able to make this game work. I had to find another version that worked.
The version I use I got from Sseth video on youtube about this game
I don't have any trouble getting it to work on my computer. I have app locale installed and it runs fine, just slower than I'd like during videos and things. I just can't get it to run on the steam deck since it doesn't have built in locale options.

jess7979

Jun 29, 2018
I don't have any trouble getting it to work on my computer. I have app locale installed and it runs fine, just slower than I'd like during videos and things. I just can't get it to run on the steam deck since it doesn't have built in locale options.
On my PC I found this partial uncensor patch :
since I dont need the Local JP to launch the game

May 29, 2020
man... believe me i've tried. even when i got to making it work with lutris, and it all booted up perfectly, there were still some minor things missing. Some sound and visual effects were absent, and I just couldn't play without them lmaoo.

I eventually just gave up and decided to dual-boot my steamdeck into Windows. Works perfectly on there. Plus, i set up a basic cloud save thing between my pc and sd, so i can just sync files and keep playing on either one.

This is what i initially followed to get everything running. you've probably seen this already, but just to share in case:

^^ For that, I'm pretty sure I did the visualnovelengine. The whole thing might look tedious, but it's surprisingly simple. Hope that helps.

glad to know i'm not the only one who thought to put Kamidori on their sd tho lol

Reactions: steek

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
man... believe me i've tried. even when i got to making it work with lutris, and it all booted up perfectly, there were still some minor things missing. Some sound and visual effects were absent, and I just couldn't play without them lmaoo.

I eventually just gave up and decided to dual-boot my steamdeck into Windows. Works perfectly on there. Plus, i set up a basic cloud save thing between my pc and sd, so i can just sync files and keep playing on either one.

This is what i initially followed to get everything running. you've probably seen this already, but just to share in case:

^^ For that, I'm pretty sure I did the visualnovelengine. The whole thing might look tedious, but it's surprisingly simple. Hope that helps.

glad to know i'm not the only one who thought to put Kamidori on their sd tho lol
So I hadn't seen that video yet. But on doing everything there it still wouldn't launch for me. I think some of it is outdated since I continually got notice that files couldn't be found while using the bash terminal. I'll check the comments on it after work and see if anyone ran into what I did and see if I can fix it.

Reactions: mrprincethesimp

pengopen

Dec 28, 2022
any idea how to run enshully games on linux ?
kamidori works fine for me simply by setting locale to jp:

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine Kamidori\ English.exe

edit: i played for a bit, and the font is cramped and some of the animations are missing. it's certainly playable although i'd probably fix those things before putting in 50+ hours into it

Last edited:

jess7979

Jun 29, 2018
Every time I load the game up I can't get past the main menu without the thing crashing. Help?
I had the problem for a while, it might be your PC thats not setup for JP locale.
I downloaded another version of this game on Sseth youtube channel then applied the partial uncsensor patch and it work fine now

Aesimar

Jan 31, 2019
I had the problem for a while, it might be your PC thats not setup for JP locale.
I downloaded another version of this game on Sseth youtube channel then applied the partial uncsensor patch and it work fine now
Links are dead. Is no good. Need a new answer sorry to say.

Heissar

Apr 16, 2018
Every time I load the game up I can't get past the main menu without the thing crashing. Help?
I had a similar problem just a week ago. In my case I needed to manually find and install MS Gothic font. Try doing that.

4.50 star(s) 30 Votes