Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
The problem with stacking games is obvious, don't want to just let a commissioner bypass the queue by just giving me a list of all their games at once.

BUT for this series I might make an exception if they all use the same engine and follow the same format it will be fairly easy to MTL them all quickly.
That's what I figured. Obviously when the time comes we'll figure that out, but yeah considering how fast the first one went, it wouldn't hold up the line much. I honestly can't think of any other instance where I would try this.

Zakkuri

Jan 16, 2018
Downloading this purely to see how ChatGPT handles translation. I have too many big life projects to learn Japanese myself so here's hoping it's good.

Reactions: dazedanon

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Doesn't work! Why go through that much hassle to play a old below par game and STILL not work!
Did you set your system locale to Japanese? And I mean the actual locale, not Locale Emulator. Locale Emulator doesn't work. The game will not run if you use Locale Emulator.

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
I have posted the Heroine ending routes in the review.
Great review. As for the translation issues, GPT4 would solve that. To my knowledge the translation would largely be perfect and issues far rarer. However, as was pointed out to me by Dazed when I commissioned this, and as I mentioned on an earlier page, the cost difference between GPT3.5T, which was used for this, and GPT4, is quite large. We're talking pennies for 3.5T vs dollars for GPT4 per token and it takes a lot of tokens to translate a game like this. The final cost for this translation was around $32 with an extra $10 tacked on to cover any retranslations which is understandable. GPT4 likely would have cost $100 or more just for the translation.

So unless someone wants to blow a grand or more on translations per game, the quality that GPT3.5T gives for a fraction of the cost isn't bad. As you noted in your review despite the fact that it does mess up subjects from time to time it's still understandable and that's key. Older MTL's botched more than the subject to the point it sounded like insane poetry and you had to infer what was going on from the visuals.

Xion95

Oct 16, 2017
Great review. As for the translation issues, GPT4 would solve that. To my knowledge the translation would largely be perfect and issues far rarer. However, as was pointed out to me by Dazed when I commissioned this, and as I mentioned on an earlier page, the cost difference between GPT3.5T, which was used for this, and GPT4, is quite large. We're talking pennies for 3.5T vs dollars for GPT4 per token and it takes a lot of tokens to translate a game like this. The final cost for this translation was around $32 with an extra $10 tacked on to cover any retranslations which is understandable. GPT4 likely would have cost $100 or more just for the translation.

So unless someone wants to blow a grand or more on translations per game, the quality that GPT3.5T gives for a fraction of the cost isn't bad. As you noted in your review despite the fact that it does mess up subjects from time to time it's still understandable and that's key. Older MTL's botched more than the subject to the point it sounded like insane poetry and you had to infer what was going on from the visuals.
Woah! that is a huge difference. While I would like a flawless translation the price difference just isn't worth that. I haven't played the VN yet but based on what I've heard the translation is decent and it's not like this series is high art.

Once I finally finish Nope Nope nope nurses I think this will be next. Who knows maybe the next one will be done by then.

Do you intend to commission the other six VNs?

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Woah! that is a huge difference. While I would like a flawless translation the price difference just isn't worth that. I haven't played the VN yet but based on what I've heard the translation is decent and it's not like this series is high art.

Once I finally finish Nope Nope nope nurses I think this will be next. Who knows maybe the next one will be done by then.

Do you intend to commission the other six VNs?
At this current point in time, yes. The rate at which they get translated is up to Dazed as well as my wallet at the time. I have a slot reserved for at least Kansen 2, it's still up in the air if it will need to be one at a time or if an exception will be made due to how easy/quick these particular games can be translated. If it's the former then it could be a while until the other six are all translated.

Reactions: lucas771

DL 16

Jul 1, 2019

Thanks for reading my review.
Nice to know that you commissioned this, to which I say: Thanks again.

I did a double take when I saw this gem among the updates.

"Do mine eyes deceiveth me? After all this time of watching animated bad endings, I can finally see the true conclusion to this story?"

Machine translation has truly come a long way since the days of incomprehensible word salad.

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
is there no uncensor patch for this game available?
Unfortunately not. As this is a fan translation, the original censorship remains and it would take someone incredibly skilled to make uncensored artwork. If it had been officially translated they might have asked the original team to make uncensored versions, but that is unfortunately not the case here.

Reactions: Raidenx

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Thanks for reading my review.
Nice to know that you commissioned this, to which I say: Thanks again.

I did a double take when I saw this gem among the updates.

"Do mine eyes deceiveth me? After all this time of watching animated bad endings, I can finally see the true conclusion to this story?"

Machine translation has truly come a long way since the days of incomprehensible word salad.
There are so many gems that have never gotten official translations and likely never will. Kansen has seemingly been lost to the aether. I have plans for games beyond the remaining 6 Kansen games, such as True Blue and Ore wa Kanojo o Shinjiteru, for the same reasons. Especially since the hentai adaptations tend to leave a lot on the cutting room floor, Kansen included. And poor Kansen 4 never even got a hentai adaptation. I have no idea why, but they skipped it.

Ex-s Gundam

Aug 15, 2018
You can just redownload the game its patched now. In the future, just run patch.bat. it will patch everything for you.

Screenshot? If you redownloaded it should work.

Maybe you have windows defender or something removing it for some reason.
hey, just wanted to ask for a fixed version of this... all 5 download links doesnt work for me (either taking too long to respond or check if there's a typo) so i resorted to downloading with torrent and then replaced all and ran patch.batch as you've said so. japanase locale already btw but is still get this:

1699189777669.png

i click ok and then cannot go to the next line and gets stuck here with the text dissappearing, the menu sometimes works but after a few more clicks or scrolling up to the backlog, i lose the ability to do anything and totally freezes with a notification beep everytime i click something...im at yamagishi's good route following the guide in the review.

I would very much appreciate if you could either tell me what i should do or give ma a new downloadable link that works... thanks in advance!

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
hey, just wanted to ask for a fixed version of this... all 5 download links doesnt work for me (either taking too long to respond or check if there's a typo) so i resorted to downloading with torrent and then replaced all and ran patch.batch as you've said so. japanase locale already btw but is still get this:

View attachment 3062580

i click ok and then cannot go to the next line and gets stuck here with the text dissappearing, the menu sometimes works but after a few more clicks or scrolling up to the backlog, i lose the ability to do anything and totally freezes with a notification beep everytime i click something...im at yamagishi's good route following the guide in the review.

I would very much appreciate if you could either tell me what i should do or give ma a new downloadable link that works... thanks in advance!
Save?

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
it's the last save file, choose vote for shinya then keep going around 100 lines when they first encounter a zombie after sprinting in the hallways
Yeah I got right past it so my guess is your patch didn't apply properly. Make sure you are running the batch file in the right folder (The one with the exe). If that fails redownload and apply patch to make sure nothing is corrupt.

This is your error FYI

1699230460564.png

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote