Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969 ,can you edit your mod screen(bottom ride side one) it's a bit small for android ,can you increase its size ?
Well, the menu is completely proportional on desktop devices. Font size changes are something you do in prep prior to porting to any mobile device so that step is on you tbh. You'll have to do similar prep on various items for most RenPy titles such as the QuickMenu, etc. Google will show you the way brother. I'm not being lazy, I just can't change what is correct on desktop simply to alleviate a step for someone else to port. My mods would look like garbage on desktop if I did that as I'm sure you'd agree. Porting to a smaller/larger device is rarely point-and-click, there's a bit of prep needed first but you can handle it if you got this far. Like I said Google that shit and you'll find videos, sites, etc that will guide you through the process. Regards.

Edit: did you actually get it running on your phone? If so and you got that far Kuddos to ya.

Last edited:

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
Well, the menu is completely proportional on desktop devices. Font size changes are something you do in prep prior to porting to any mobile device so that step is on you tbh. You'll have to do similar prep on various items for most RenPy titles such as the QuickMenu, etc. Google will show you the way brother. I'm not being lazy, I just can't change what is correct on desktop simply to alleviate a step for someone else to port. My mods would look like garbage on desktop if I did that as I'm sure you'd agree. Porting to a smaller/larger device is rarely point-and-click, there's a bit of prep needed first but you can handle it if you got this far. Like I said Google that shit and you'll find videos, sites, etc that will guide you through the process. Regards.

Edit: did you actually get it running on your phone? If so and you got that far Kuddos to ya.
Yeah it worked on android(thanks to joiplay) ,mod worked too just clicking on your mod screen is a bit difficult(not impossible though) ,WT function worked and thats all i needed .

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yasirahmed I should add that I'll help you where I can but I've been honest with you upfront and not being a "Mr. Know-It-All" as I don't know Jack regarding 'Droid. I've some friends that do so I'll do what I can to guide you but I'm certainly not the fella to ask regarding mobile devices. I can teach you most things Python though... at the end of the day you are not the only one trying to port these complex mods over, it's likely not going to be easy but we'll figure it out.

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
yasirahmed I should add that I'll help you where I can but I've been honest with you upfront and not being a "Mr. Know-It-All" as I don't know Jack regarding 'Droid. I've some friends that do so I'll do what I can to guide you but I'm certainly not the fella to ask regarding mobile devices. I can teach you most things Python though... at the end of the day you are not the only one trying to port these complex mods over, it's likely not going to be easy but we'll figure it out.
Thanks brother, really appreciate yor help

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's beyond me how JoiPlay can port that shit to at least run but RenPy's own APK maker can't handle my mods....something is definitely Fubar'd there. We'll look into it more tomorrow, it's near midnight here and I'm just about toast (too many whiskeys and have an early appointment in the morning). Regards.

Reactions: yasirahmed

rkv

Sep 3, 2020
how do I install the mod in a mac. Tried it , the game always crashes when i open.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I must make time in the near future to update the core mod in this to the latest SanchoMod core. So many new features and code have been introduced that's it's going to take a while. I'm posting this here more of a note to self so I get this on the front burner of the stove hopefully before an update to the VN comes. I'll update/upgrade the GUI at the same time, likely completely rewrite the ChoiceGuide, and the Gallery.

Have a great weekend and be safe out there folks. Regards.

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Any way to only use the walktrough mod, without all the new text font, colors, shancho menu icon ... ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any way to only use the walktrough mod, without all the new text font, colors, shancho menu icon ... ?
Just turn off any option you don't want in SanchoOptions. Everything can be toggled on/off (see 5th pic, top row of OP teasers).

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Just turn off any option you don't want in SanchoOptions. Everything can be toggled on/off (see 5th pic, top row of OP teasers).
I know but I can't disable the save description, or I can't change colors of text
but it's nothing, just wanted to know if I there was a way to do it

But if I may suggest something to add , a picture and description of each important character in the game , because right now I'm having a hard time trying to remember who is who each time I read a name in text or in the walktrough mod
So having a way to go to the menu and have a list of all character with pics and description would be really nice

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I know but I can't disable the save description, or I can't change colors of text
but it's nothing, just wanted to know if I there was a way to do it

But if I may suggest something to add , a picture and description of each important character in the game , because right now I'm having a hard time trying to remember who is who each time I read a name in text or in the walktrough mod
So having a way to go to the menu and have a list of all character with pics and description would be really nice
I see what you're saying. The latest SanchoMod core has those features and more (see teaser pics of my latest releases), and I'm updating all the previous mods as fast as I can to this new core, this one just hasn't come up in rotation...yet.

Regarding color change, that's NOT something I've implemented. If you're speaking of the ChoiceGuide (walkthrough) colors there's a specific reason for them... they designate specific categories for stat/variable changes. Regarding the characters I'll certainly look into it for the large stat screens.

Reactions: Nayko93

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Links in the OP are updated to the debut of SanchoMod v6. More of everything and further pushes RenPy to the brink. I decided to update and debut with this particular mod since the VN is compiled on one of the oldest RenPy versions I have publicly distributed mods on, it's rather wonky coding orthodox, and I haven't given the VN much love in the last 4 months or so.

We now be in a prime spot for the most efficient update whenever the VN gets a public update itself... win-win. Enjoy and regards. Since this is a fresh port with all the code updated, let me know if you run into any issues although I bug tested it for days (I'm certainly not perfect). Thanks again for all the love and support.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I updated the teaser pics in the OP so you can get an idea of what you're getting before DL'ing the mod update. That'll save you some time and effort if you're just curious. Regards.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Links in the OP are updated to the debut of SanchoMod v6. More of everything and further pushes RenPy to the brink. I decided to update and debut with this particular mod since the VN is compiled on one of the oldest RenPy versions I have publicly distributed mods on, it's rather wonky coding orthodox, and I haven't given the VN much love in the last 4 months or so.

We now be in a prime spot for the most efficient update whenever the VN gets a public update itself... win-win. Enjoy and regards. Since this is a fresh port with all the code updated, let me know if you run into any issues although I bug tested it for days (I'm certainly not perfect). Thanks again for all the love and support.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: I updated the teaser pics in the OP so you can get an idea of what you're getting before DL'ing the mod update. That'll save you some time and effort if you're just curious. Regards.
Thanks again for all your hard work and effort

• Red Heart
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning. The older RenPy used by the VN simply isn't handling the SanchoGallery well. I'm sorting it now and will keep you posted when I submit a commit link to the OP. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Apologies, I got busy (I'm still trying to finish my tax reporting by the deadline) and forgot to make a post that the OP links are updated with revised gallery code. There will be a one-time lag while scrolling through the gallery for the first time at each game start but it's butter-smoother every time after that, even if you play in-game and later return to the gallery it's smooth. So expect the initial lag but only once per session. This occurs due to the way older RenPy renders the images before placing them into memory. Newer RenPy handles this without a hitch (it's an old graphical rendering inefficiency that PyTom fixed in later RenPy releases). But enough of me talking shop, I just wanted to let y'all know basically why those issues are a thing.

You'll know you are using the newest gallery as I decided to go with 4 columns instead of 3. Regards.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes