Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Downloaded last version, installed as usual, but gallery did not appear. I'm doing something wrong?.

Also, thanks for the hard work Sancho, usually play first until the end of chapter without mod, but for replayability and explore different roads of my main route, seems extremely useful.
Either you didn't install the mod correctly, in which case non of it's features would be available, or....if you see everything except the gallery understand that it's only available from the Main Menu, not within a loaded game session which is standard for RenPy games so as not to bork the current loaded playthough (variables and such). Regards.

DarkFencer1

Apr 27, 2019
Either you didn't install the mod correctly, in which case non of it's features would be available, or....if you see everything except the gallery understand that it's only available from the Main Menu, not within a loaded game session which is standard for RenPy games so as not to bork the current loaded playthough (variables and such). Regards.
Mod working fine, just no gallery. So, installed it again, same as before. Now is working. Sorry can´t give more details, but i swear i do the same process before, in the same paths. But wathever, now is working.

Thanks again.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Mod working fine, just no gallery. So, installed it again, same as before. Now is working. Sorry can´t give more details, but i swear i do the same process before, in the same paths. But wathever, now is working.

Thanks again.
No worries bud, not sure either without more info as that's the first I've heard of that issue. Glad you got it going. Enjoy.

lolzw00t

Sep 12, 2021
Is there a way to modify points in the stats screen? or how are the relationship points actually named in the variables to change using console?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is there a way to modify points in the stats screen? or how are the relationship points actually named in the variables to change using console?
Non of my mods to date have cheats as it's not how I personally prefer to experience the products. You're more than welcome to do whatever you want regarding your experience, of course, including using the console if you wish, that's completely on you.

lolzw00t

Sep 12, 2021
Non of my mods to date have cheats as it's not how I personally prefer to experience the products. You're more than welcome to do whatever you want regarding your experience, of course, including using the console if you wish, that's completely on you.
Oh i understand your view, and tbh your mod covers pretty much everything i just finished the game and loved it really, i was just curious how some for example relationship variables are actually named so i could change them ( im not that experienced with these things however i do realise the risk of breaking the game if i change some things) for example i figured out most of the true/false ones the relationship points im not sure how they work and what the veronica meet for example is for is that the sponsorship thing? back to rel points how exactly are the variables named?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh i understand your view, and tbh your mod covers pretty much everything i just finished the game and loved it really, i was just curious how some for example relationship variables are actually named so i could change them ( im not that experienced with these things however i do realise the risk of breaking the game if i change some things) for example i figured out most of the true/false ones the relationship points im not sure how they work and what the veronica meet for example is for is that the sponsorship thing? back to rel points how exactly are the variables named?
Bud, there's over 200 variables currently and they must be analyzed in context of the dev's scripting. For instance "Love=1" by itself means nothing until it's used in a conditional or other processing statement. As for the "meet" variables they are calculated and work as follows in a conditional statement (I'll even format it nice for folks). Remember, variables are many times used with each other in a conditional for a calculated result, it's not always as simple as True/False conditionals can easily (and in proper coding are) complex:

SanchoMod - WT Nuggets
Nugget #69.3 - Obtaining a specific sister to meet in Ch3.

Are you going all "K2" 'cause you can't figure out how to meet one of 3 sisters to get your desired initial sponsor of choice? I gotcha covered.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Enjoy your nugget.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Tess mostly uses the actual variable names in her walkthrough, just made more readable using spaces, removing underscores and using upper and lower case at times.
Write them in lower case and remove spaces (and sometimes add underscores between words) and check if they're set.

If you're really interested in the nitty-gritty, you could always unpack the scripts.rpa, decrypt the scripts.rpyc file and go on a code search yourself. I'm certain you find what you need if you just google it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is it android compatible ,pls tell ?
Because the dev used a very old RenPy version to compile (and I ended up dumbing-down the mod to suit rather than recompiling the whole game for distribution) it should work. When it gets compiled into a proper RenPy version your gonna be out of luck though as the OpenGL2 will call out for DirectX or other proper API and your 'droid will vomit a crash.

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
Because the dev used a very old RenPy version to compile (and I ended up dumbing-down the mod to suit rather than recompiling the whole game for distribution) it should work. When it gets compiled into a proper RenPy version your gonna be out of luck though as the OpenGL2 will call out for DirectX or other proper API and your 'droid will vomit a crash.
Can you port it for android with your mod ? One of the moders i asked said it dosent work with your mod so ... Can you please look into it?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can you port it for android with your mod ? One of the moders i asked said it dosent work with your mod so ... Can you please look into it?
Best I can do for you is to let the APK folks know as I don't 'droid personally and have no desire to. Until then just try loading into JoiPlay. I don't know 'droid but know that is rather simple to do. Regards.

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
Best I can do for you is to let the APK folks know as I don't 'droid personally and have no desire to. Until then just try loading into JoiPlay. I don't know 'droid but know that is rather simple to do. Regards.
Oh no problem ,just let them know how to add your Wt mod to the apk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh no problem ,just let them know how to add your Wt mod to the apk
Don't quote me on this, as I told ya I'm not a 'droid guy....but I believe you place mod just as you would in PC, place the mod inside the "game" folder. Then load in JoiPlay like it was unmodded and I believe it will work that easily. The mod doesn't make it a new game, it only enhances so the overall installation process should be the same...or very similar.

yasirahmed

Aug 5, 2020
Don't quote me on this, as I told ya I'm not a 'droid guy....but I believe you place mod just as you would in PC, place the mod inside the "game" folder. Then load in JoiPlay like it was unmodded and I believe it will work that easily. The mod doesn't make it a new game, it only enhances so the overall installation process should be the same...or very similar.
Ok thanks for helping out i will give it a try

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok thanks for helping out i will give it a try
Here, I'll do you a solid and mention estrada777 who has put my mods inside APKs before. Once he sees the mention he may be able to chime in a bit to assist you if he's not too busy. If you are nice to him he may even make you a port if the mod will work (which, again, I believe it will since I had to dumb-down the mod considerably due to the old RenPy compile the dev chose to use). Regards.

Reactions: yasirahmed

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Here, I'll do you a solid and mention estrada777 who has put my mods inside APKs before. Once he sees the mention he may be able to chime in a bit to assist you if he's not too busy. If you are nice to him he may even make you a port if the mod will work (which, again, I believe it will since I had to dumb-down the mod considerably due to the old RenPy compile the dev chose to use). Regards.
I'll give it a shot, but no promises. Sancho makes some pretty sick mods.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes