Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Nevermind. I just erased the temporary SanchoMod files. Good to know for the future. Thanks for your hard work!

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Good evening. First, thank you for the kind words.

Now, make sure that screen looks like this:

View attachment 1460394

If it does not, then re-download the mod as it's been updated with ChoiceGuide tweaks a couple of times the last 2 days. The screen above is exactly as coded in the OEM scripts from dev, I just checked it again to be sure. Regards.
Thank you for your quick reply. The screen is exactly the same as yours. Downloaded the mod now, overwrote it (replacing the old files in game directory), nothing has changed. Well, then I'll have to write to the developer, I wanted to leave feedback on the game anyway. Thank you for your hard work and excellent mod!

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your quick reply. The screen is exactly the same as yours. Downloaded the mod now, overwrote it (replacing the old files in game directory), nothing has changed. Well, then I'll have to write to the developer, I wanted to leave feedback on the game anyway. Thank you for your hard work and excellent mod!
Honestly, nothing is wrong with the script. The variables noted in the mod on that screen change exactly that way. Remember that not all variables change immediately, some change after a couple lines of dialogue. Regards.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Honestly, nothing is wrong with the script. The variables noted in the mod on that screen change exactly that way. Remember that not all variables change immediately, some change after a couple lines of dialogue. Regards.
I understand that, but it didn't happen even after many subsequent scenes in episode 4. Well, it will be all the more interesting to find out from the game's author what the trick is here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I understand that, but it didn't happen even after many subsequent scenes in episode 4. Well, it will be all the more interesting to find out from the game's author what the trick is here.
There's no trick, I just clicked each option and monitored the variables. They all changed as expected. Something is up on your end bud, I'm on dev's direct 0.5b with the mod in this OP link and that choice screen is spot on. I'll try to assist, but the dev hasn't borked anything there.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Hold on a second......thats "Y" not "V" in first choice. Your original post has merit. Let me do some digging.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan5851

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you very much for the great mod. I replayed the game with it and it's really great.. First of all, the fonts, the default game font made my eyes very tired, with your font from the mod it's ok.Secondly, the ability to adjust the level of transparency of the text box and everything else, the statistics screen, path selection tips, etc. This is really cool. I have something to say to the author of the game about her creation and I will definitely write a post there, but first I would like to ask you as a modder about a bug I found.

In episode 4 during the Council (Board) meeting, if Olivia chooses the 1st option from the top (I decide myself), then SisDom+4 and SisVeronica+2 points should be awarded. But only SisDom points are awarded. In the next dialogue at the Council meeting, Olivia can choose to train in Veronica's department, SisVeronica+5 points should be awarded and SisScience should be assigned. In fact, SisVeronica points are not awarded to her, SisScience value is assigned (True). What is your advice in this case? Should I write to the developer or is the problem in the mod?

Translated with (free version)
Wait....I redact my other posts....you're correct but it's NOT the dev's fault. You found the only "Yvette" points in the whole damn game. The "Y"s look like "V" in my font. I've some correcting to to. Well done....you basically found a unicorn.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Damnit. I've have to correct that, I can't let it go.....I'll deploy another update in the OP in a bit once I get it sorted and compiled. I'll make a new post here to notify folks. Thanks Stan5851 as I might not have noticed that for who knows how long. Good find. Will add Yvette to stats screens, and change those two menu choice screens to reflect proper variables. I'm off to do it now. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
My sincere apologies folks, see the above posts but another minor issue was found in the ChoiceGuide. Again, it's non-critical (doesn't crash the game) tweak. Link in OP is updated.

SanchoMod Upate - ChoiceGuide Fix (minor/non-critical)

New Filename: " KarlssonsGambit v0.5b - SanchoModvf.zip "

Issue Resolved: Minor tweaks to ChoiceGuide, including these screens and added new variable to all stat screens "SisYvette".

KG SM 001zzzzj.jpg KG SM 001zzzzk.jpg KG SM 001zzzzl.jpg

Thanks to Stan5851 for catching this issue.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
View attachment 1460774 don't know if this is a unicorn or not where it got +1 for Elena on the walkthrough its got -1 in the mod sorry if this has been answered
Thank you for that but that PDF walkthrough in your pic is not correct. Here is the actual code. Notice the "elena_p -=1" which subtracts a point from Elena.
Python:
"Refuse to grovel.":
    $ shock +=1
    $ dom +=1
    $ elena_p -=1
    scene punish8 with longdissolve
The mod in this case is in fact correct. Regards.

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
think I found a bug in ep1 when choosing running or jogging it's not giving slave points I have clicked a few screens ahead still showing 0 slave points for both options 2021-10-20 (4).png

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
think I found a bug in ep1 when choosing running or jogging it's not giving slave points I have clicked a few screens ahead still showing 0 slave points for both options View attachment 1461061
Slave points are distributed after Jake and Kane talk about their performance. The walkthrough is correct.

Here's a snippet from the corresponding script; p is Kane, pbf Jake
Code:
scene e2finaltestfour2 with longdissolve
    pbf "Damn [pname], prison got us a little more out of shape I think."
    p "Yeah..."
    if strongjog:
        scene e2finaltestfour3 with mediumdissolve
        p "(I definitely more than outpaced [pname2] and Zach. I've done well...on this part at least.)"
        jump finaltestfive
    elif sprintwalk:
        $ slavepoints += 2
        scene e2finaltestfour4 with mediumdissolve
        p "(I did okay and outran Zach, but [pname2] definitely outpaced me overall.)"
        jump finaltestfive

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
think I found a bug in ep1 when choosing running or jogging it's not giving slave points I have clicked a few screens ahead still showing 0 slave points for both options
Just an FYI, try using the MiniStat screen, page1, set opacity as desire, and as small as you can read (to keep it unobtrusive) then run through your plays so you can always verify stat changes in real time. Just a thought, the whole point of the mod is to be able to play as YOU want to play, with only the features you feel are needed. Still drives me nuts the amount of mods around this site that just color "best choice option" in green, hack out some bullshit kindergarden code, and call it good with links to their monetary sites.

Well, got off track there a bit but I hope you enjoy the mod. Please always feel free to post if you think there may be a problem...last night was a great example where I swore I was right, dug into the concern and found out I borked the whole thing (a.k.a. the "SanchoMod Yvette fiasco"). TBH I'd be surprised if none of us find any more stat issues as there's a ton of them and I worked on this into very late sessions so mistakes are always possible although I do my best to debug prior to distribution.

Kindest regards.

Deleted member 1906916

Jan 1, 2020
Just an FYI, try using the MiniStat screen, page1, set opacity as desire, and as small as you can read (to keep it unobtrusive) then run through your plays so you can always verify stat changes in real time. Just a thought, the whole point of the mod is to be able to play as YOU want to play, with only the features you feel are needed. Still drives me nuts the amount of mods around this site that just color "best choice option" in green, hack out some bullshit kindergarden code, and call it good with links to their monetary sites.

Well, got off track there a bit but I hope you enjoy the mod. Please always feel free to post if you think there may be a problem...last night was a great example where I swore I was right, dug into the concern and found out I borked the whole thing (a.k.a. the "SanchoMod Yvette fiasco"). TBH I'd be surprised if none of us find any more stat issues as there's a ton of them and I worked on this into very late sessions so mistakes are always possible although I do my best to debug prior to distribution.

Kindest regards.
Thanks for the mod it was a great help if I find any bugs I post here

Reactions: Sancho1969

Mememe621

May 12, 2017

Kindest regards.
You've got a fantastic mod here. Thanks for building it. One question: when choosing between working on the welcome party or the fashion show, picking the welcome party gives SisTeam -1, but there's a note in the mod that says "This particular SisTeam can be earned back." Where is the chance to earn it back? I'm wondering if there is a way to get to K8 while choosing the welcome party.

Mememe621

May 12, 2017
You've got a fantastic mod here. Thanks for building it. One question: when choosing between working on the welcome party or the fashion show, picking the welcome party gives SisTeam -1, but there's a note in the mod that says "This particular SisTeam can be earned back." Where is the chance to earn it back? I'm wondering if there is a way to get to K8 while choosing the welcome party.
Sorry, ignore that question. Obviously you're referring to when you choose which kind of party Olivia wants. And it looks like you can get K8 even if you pick the welcome party as long as you're on the evil Olivia route and go along with screwing over Seth. But I don't see a way to get to K8 if you pick the welcome party and you're on the good Olivia route. Am I missing something?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry, ignore that question. Obviously you're referring to when you choose which kind of party Olivia wants. And it looks like you can get K8 even if you pick the welcome party as long as you're on the evil Olivia route and go along with screwing over Seth. But I don't see a way to get to K8 if you pick the welcome party and you're on the good Olivia route. Am I missing something?
Good morning. I'll put this in a spoiler tag out of respect of others to try and fully describe an answer for you.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope that makes sense. Regards.

Reactions: Mememe621

DarkFencer1

Apr 27, 2019
Downloaded last version, installed as usual, but gallery did not appear. I'm doing something wrong?.

Also, thanks for the hard work Sancho, usually play first until the end of chapter without mod, but for replayability and explore different roads of my main route, seems extremely useful.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes