Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Shakril

Sep 3, 2018
Somehow i dont get promoted to K8 despite the walkthrough, i even get demoted. What exactly are the prequeristes for promotion to K8?

Novo67

Jan 19, 2021
When you ask for Sams rank in the prison cart scene it reveals the kitty +1, but forgets the Sam -1 in the guide. This was accurate in 0.4, but must have been accidentally dropped in 0.5. This is when Kitty says she is too short to ever get promoted further.
Thank you for all your efforts these past 4 days. You probably went a little overboard, but this game deserves it.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
When you ask for Sams rank in the prison cart scene it reveals the kitty +1, but forgets the Sam -1 in the guide. This was accurate in 0.4, but must have been accidentally dropped in 0.5. This is when Kitty says she is too short to ever get promoted further.
Thank you for all your efforts these past 4 days. You probably went a little overboard, but this game deserves it.
Nope, I had it in the code but you found a bug. Damnit. "("Sam","-1")" Too many quotes. I've fixed it and wait on another compile to see if any other bug reports come out this evening. Thanks for tracing that.

Edit: I went ahead and compiled it so new folks will at least have it already done. Link in OP updated.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Installed the 0.5 mod. Loaded my save, but is not showing anything at the choices.

Any advice?
There's only two reasons why that would occur (mod is installed and visible but Guide isn't seen).

1) You installed the mod with another mod or the the old SanchoMod installed. This won't work since there's no way I can guarantee which scripts are being read by RenPy and in what order.

2) You turned off the ChoiceGuid in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions

So, you have to deduct which of the two is true in your case. If it is the former then install the mod into a clean (new) copy of the VN. If it is the later then simply turn it on (red text is off, green text is on).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so not compatible with android at all? bummer! :(
You could have success with my mod in this particular VN release (v0.5b) since the dev used a very old version of RenPy to compile it. When she ultimately compiles a future version in a current RenPy then it won't work on 'droid since the OpenGL2 API will certainly be called and 'droid doesn't have DirectX or any other way to handle the graphic API call. Right now there's a loophole of sorts so JoiPlay might just work (the version of RenPy the VN uses can't handle OpenGL2 so it's tweaked on my end to be stable but loses some of my features).

noman hossain

Mar 4, 2018
You could have success with my mod in this particular VN release (v0.5b) since the dev used a very old version of RenPy to compile it. When she ultimately compiles a future version in a current RenPy then it won't work on 'droid since the OpenGL2 API will certainly be called and 'droid doesn't have DirectX or any other way to handle the graphic API call. Right now there's a loophole of sorts so JoiPlay might just work (the version of RenPy the VN uses can't handle OpenGL2 so it's tweaked on my end to be stable but loses some of my features).
welp i tried with jeevant's port, posted the files in data folder like other games, didn't work. Never tried joiplay got no clue about that

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
welp i tried with jeevant's port, posted the files in data folder like other games, didn't work. Never tried joiplay got no clue about that
TBH I code on split 4k monitors so I really have no idea how anyone would see the mod's menu text anyway. If it's an option, enjoy the base VN on your phone and the modded version on your proper system for full experience. Regards.

Joker619

Nov 4, 2020
There's only two reasons why that would occur (mod is installed and visible but Guide isn't seen).

1) You installed the mod with another mod or the the old SanchoMod installed. This won't work since there's no way I can guarantee which scripts are being read by RenPy and in what order.

2) You turned off the ChoiceGuid in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions

So, you have to deduct which of the two is true in your case. If it is the former then install the mod into a clean (new) copy of the VN. If it is the later then simply turn it on (red text is off, green text is on).

Removed the old mod before I installed the new one, but will re-download the game's installation and try again.

MordreadRN

Nov 24, 2017
Regards. My attempt at 101% transparency....good, bad, ugly. I know waiting sucks so sometimes information can bring understanding so folks don't just blindly think I'm some slacker calling out other shit mods. I hope you enjoy.

You are posting constant updates and letting people know if and why there are delays and why it is taking a while to get done. I applaud you for this and the "good, bad, ugly" is just 101% transparity as you say - Because of your hard work and updates I find any wait to be 101% (TM) worth it and "suffer" the wait gladly. My hat of you to you, good Sir.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sava75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Upate - ChoiceGuide Fix (minor/non-critical)

New Filename: " KarlssonsGambit v0.5b - SanchoModvd.zip "

Issue Resolved: Minor tweaks to ChoiceGuide, including these screens (showing corrected as I forgot to screenshot previous screen). The second is an important choice to retrieve the SisTeam point lost when selecting WelcomeParty instead of FashionShow. I also updated that choice screen in Atlantis to let the player know they can get the point back. The advantage for K8 is still FashionShow.

KG SM 001zzzzg.jpg KG SM 001zzzzf.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Compressor
May 1, 2020
Moving the mod files into game folder of my ports works sometimes , other times it doesn't. It's more of a miss or hit thing. It's always better to have a mod integrated port that way . I ported without mod cuz I don't feel that this mod would properly be able to be made to work on android. I recommend you to use PC for this game if you wanna play with Sancho's mod.I might give it another try to see till what level it's compatible but that's for some other day.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Moving the mod files into game folder of my ports works sometimes , other times it doesn't. It's more of a miss or hit thing. It's always better to have a mod integrated port that way . I ported without mod cuz I don't feel that this mod would properly be able to be made to work on android. I recommend you to use PC for this game if you wanna play with Sancho's mod.I might give it another try to see till what level it's compatible but that's for some other day.
Hey J. Well, this one should port w/out crashing UNTIL the dev starts using a current version of RenPy. I was going to compile it in a proper version but knew that novice folks would fuckup the installation procedure constantly and I have no plans to be a fulltime support group. Bottom line, this older version of RenPy doesn't handle OpenGL2 (DirectX) properly so I had to revert to older API calls, 'Droid should handle that. I had to cut many of the features out of the mod but I'm ready to deploy them as soon as this title gets RenPy up to date (proper animations, audio features, etc). Ain't gonna lie, the menus/screens are going to be a bitch to read since if you make the fonts large enough for a phone they will likely get cutoff. There's a ton of variables in this title. Anyway, regards bud.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Thank you very much for the great mod. I replayed the game with it and it's really great.. First of all, the fonts, the default game font made my eyes very tired, with your font from the mod it's ok.Secondly, the ability to adjust the level of transparency of the text box and everything else, the statistics screen, path selection tips, etc. This is really cool. I have something to say to the author of the game about her creation and I will definitely write a post there, but first I would like to ask you as a modder about a bug I found.

In episode 4 during the Council (Board) meeting, if Olivia chooses the 1st option from the top (I decide myself), then SisDom+4 and SisVeronica+2 points should be awarded. But only SisDom points are awarded. In the next dialogue at the Council meeting, Olivia can choose to train in Veronica's department, SisVeronica+5 points should be awarded and SisScience should be assigned. In fact, SisVeronica points are not awarded to her, SisScience value is assigned (True). What is your advice in this case? Should I write to the developer or is the problem in the mod?

Translated with (free version)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you very much for the great mod. I replayed the game with it and it's really great.. First of all, the fonts, the default game font made my eyes very tired, with your font from the mod it's ok.Secondly, the ability to adjust the level of transparency of the text box and everything else, the statistics screen, path selection tips, etc. This is really cool. I have something to say to the author of the game about her creation and I will definitely write a post there, but first I would like to ask you as a modder about a bug I found.

In episode 5 during the Council (Board) meeting, if Olivia chooses the 1st option from the top (I decide myself), then SisDom+4 and SisVeronica+2 points should be awarded. But only SisDom points are awarded. In the next dialogue at the Council meeting, Olivia can choose to train in Veronica's department, SisVeronica+5 points should be awarded and SisScience should be assigned. In fact, SisVeronica points are not awarded to her, SisScience value is assigned (True). What is your advice in this case? Should I write to the developer or is the problem in the mod?

Translated with (free version)
Good evening. First, thank you for the kind words.

Now, make sure that screen looks like this:

KG SM 001zzzzi.jpg

If it does not, then re-download the mod as it's been updated with ChoiceGuide tweaks a couple of times the last 2 days. The screen above is exactly as coded in the OEM scripts from dev, I just checked it again to be sure. Regards.

Reactions: Stan5851

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Hey Sancho,
any special requirements to activate the gallery?
I just overwrote every file in version e and the gallery only contains the "Coming Soon" preview pic.

Best regards

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes