Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I'm done.

If I go any further I'll be adding more features and it'll just be delayed again, I can always update later. I've sorted all the stat screens (the MiniStat screens abandoned EventChoices but it'd be 8 or 9 pages of them and that defeats the purpose of that mini-screen. They are all nicely organized in the in-game stat screen as noted in the above post's pics here. The main stat screen also took the sacrifice, it's just too much for it. No big deal it just delayed launch again but it's done now.

I'm going to go grab some lunch then come back, compile this sucker, make a flashy new post, and deploy. See y'all in just a bit for the official debut. Kindest regards to all you folks, you kept me motivated on this title as it wasn't on the front burner currently and I've put off other major project the last few days to work on this. Anyway, time to grub...
Awesomeness, have not reached the game yet on my list, but at least now, I can switch it out for newer release. Thank you so much for doing this!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Never played the game yet because i was waiting for the mod but it was a hell of a journey watching you put all this effort into it the last few days:)
Regards. My attempt at 101% transparency....good, bad, ugly. I know waiting sucks so sometimes information can bring understanding so folks don't just blindly think I'm some slacker calling out other shit mods. I hope you enjoy.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Downloaded the new 0.5 mod.... Extracted it. Then I moved the extracted Sancho mod folder plus the 2 other files into the game folder.

When in the game I went to Sancho mod. It says v 0.5 installed properly. Start new game or load a game and enjoy.

Well my last save point was of Olivia looking at the pic while on the pier. I can't get to chapter 5. It always ends right there and says that's all for now.

Please tell me I don't need to start a whole new game? Any suggestions to get this to work and play chapter 5?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Awesomeness, have not reached the game yet on my list, but at least now, I can switch it out for newer release. Thank you so much for doing this!!!
Thank you for waiting patiently and I hope it meets your expectations. This certainly isn't the typical "click the green text for best option" kind of junk mod in my humble opinion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JenMistress

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Downloaded the new 0.5 mod.... Extracted it. Then I moved the extracted Sancho mod folder plus the 2 other files into the game folder.

When in the game I went to Sancho mod. It says v 0.5 installed properly. Start new game or load a game and enjoy.

Well my last save point was of Olivia looking at the pic while on the pier. I can't get to chapter 5. It always ends right there and says that's all for now.

Please tell me I don't need to start a whole new game? Any suggestions to get this to work and play chapter 5?
No, but if you put it in an existing game where you extracted previous archives that may be the issue. The mod is bundled complete. Try a fresh install of v0.5b in a differently named directory folder, install mod as directed, start game, load save. Your saves will be available automatically from the AppData folder so you don't have to do anything other than the above. Let me know how it goes so we can diagnose further as needed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Add to the above post...I've just tested on my end with previous unmodded saves one scene before end of Ch4 and one scene post beginning of Ch5 and everything worked as intended, no issue. Bottom line the mod doesn't care where you saved as long as no other modding is embedded in the save file.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
No, but if you put it in an existing game where you extracted previous archives that may be the issue. The mod is bundled complete. Try a fresh install of v0.5b in a differently named directory folder, install mod as directed, start game, load save. Your saves will be available automatically from the AppData folder so you don't have to do anything other than the above. Let me know how it goes so we can diagnose further as needed.
Thank you for the tips. Unfortunately I am not to tech savvy and you spoke a foreign language to me just there lol.

I think you said to install a fresh new copy of the game itself? Or were you referring to installing your mod fresh again? I was using your v 0.4 on the v0 5 game and since your mod was not for chapter 5, my game ended at chapter 4.

I was hoping with the new mod that I could keep going. I can reinstall the game itself, put your mod in, and try my save file at the end of chapter 4 and hope this works.

Unless you have a dumb dumb way for me to try this?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for the tips. Unfortunately I am not to tech savvy and you spoke a foreign language to me just there lol.

I think you said to install a fresh new copy of the game itself? Or were you referring to installing your mod fresh again? I was using your v 0.4 on the v0 5 game and since your mod was not for chapter 5, my game ended at chapter 4.

I was hoping with the new mod that I could keep going. I can reinstall the game itself, put your mod in, and try my save file at the end of chapter 4 and hope this works.

Unless you have a dumb dumb way for me to try this?
Apologies for the lingo. What I mean is create a new directory (folder) called whatever you want. For example instead of ("KarlssonsGambit-0.5General-pc") create a folder named "KarlssonsGambit-0.5-Modded" Install the original VN fresh into that new directory (fresh meaning new, install by extracting the original zip file). Then install the mod into that newly created game. This is now a pristine modded test subject. From that new folder run the game, load your save and test.

" I was using your v 0.4 on the v0 5 game and since your mod was not for chapter 5, my game ended at chapter 4. "

Do NOT install the new mod into an already modded game folder. It won't work. Just create a new copy of the original game, and re-mod it. Never put new mods into an existing modded game...all sorts of things go bad, like RenPy reading old/wrong scripts first/last, unknown variables, etc. Only do something like that if you know exactly what you are doing and what exactly the difference is between the existing files and the new ones.

I'm probably rambling on too much but trying to be clear.

Innocience

Mar 25, 2020
Hey Sancho,
there's a syntax error in line 20737: (the Sub path after chastity put on - choice: to lie for Sam or not)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/script.rpy, line 20737)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 20736, in script
  File "C:\Test\Testing\KarlssonsGambit-0.5BGeneral-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1619, in execute
    item_arguments.append(self.item_arguments[i].evaluate())
  File "C:\Test\Testing\KarlssonsGambit-0.5BGeneral-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 188, in evaluate
    kwargs[k] = renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope)
  File "C:\Test\Testing\KarlssonsGambit-0.5BGeneral-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2057, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "C:\Test\Testing\KarlssonsGambit-0.5BGeneral-pc\renpy\python.py", line 692, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (game/script.rpy, line 20737)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
KarlssonsGambit 0.5General
Mon Oct 18 00:23:16 2021

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Misfit of Society If you copied the new mod in the same game as the old mod then I'm 99% sure it's reading the old script which ended at Ch4. It was packaged differently so those lingering files from the old mod are almost assuredly the issue.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho,
there's a syntax error in line 20737: (the Sub path after chastity put on - choice: to lie for Sam or not)
Congrats...you caught the very first and only bug so far...even after all the beta test slamming last night. Give me a second to fix. I'll be right back with further info...

Edit - found it, fixed, and recompiling now. I'll get you a new link in just a bit (one parenthesis literally borked the whole thing).
KG SM 001zzzze.jpg

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Describes about 80% of all my bugfixing in Python.
Link to "KarlssonsGambit v0.5b - SanchoModvb .zip" now in OP.... download, install overwriting as asked, profit. Apologies as that should have been caught but me and cut/paste sometimes fubar stuff.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Upate - Bug Fix

Look at the timestamp of this post. If you downloaded before this time then download update and reinstall over existing game.

Fixes a menu choice exception error. My thanks to Innocience for reporting an actual bug. You don't have to update if you don't want to....but if you find yourself in a scene with Sam and that crazy bitch puts an "apparatus" on your penis...your fixing to crash, Sparky.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
Apologies for the lingo. What I mean is create a new directory (folder) called whatever you want. For example instead of ("KarlssonsGambit-0.5General-pc") create a folder named "KarlssonsGambit-0.5-Modded" Install the original VN fresh into that new directory (fresh meaning new, install by extracting the original zip file). Then install the mod into that newly created game. This is now a pristine modded test subject. From that new folder run the game, load your save and test.

" I was using your v 0.4 on the v0 5 game and since your mod was not for chapter 5, my game ended at chapter 4. "

Do NOT install the new mod into an already modded game folder. It won't work. Just create a new copy of the original game, and re-mod it. Never put new mods into an existing modded game...all sorts of things go bad, like RenPy reading old/wrong scripts first/last, unknown variables, etc. Only do something like that if you know exactly what you are doing and what exactly the difference is between the existing files and the new ones.

I'm probably rambling on too much but trying to be clear.

I reinstalled the game into a new folder, re installed the mod, moved my save files, and it seems to be working. The icons along the bottom are slightly harder to read but not sure if that is your mod or not. It used to be green color now it's black. Minor issue. I can't read your pop upof menu in lower right because it's to small on my Android. No biggie. Thank you for your work!!!!!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I reinstalled the game into a new folder, re installed the mod, moved my save files, and it seems to be working. The icons along the bottom are slightly harder to read but not sure if that is your mod or not. It used to be green color now it's black. Minor issue. I can't read your pop upof menu in lower right because it's to small on my Android. No biggie. Thank you for your work!!!!!
OMG...no kidding, it's not really 'droid compatible. Don't be surprised if/when it crashes. It's happened on all other 'droid port attempts in other titles. Good luck.

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
OMG...no kidding, it's not really 'droid compatible. Don't be surprised if/when it crashes. It's happened on all other 'droid port attempts in other titles. Good luck.

I download the compressed version and use joiplay. It seems to work for about 90% of the games I follow. I have to use Android ports for what joiplay won't run.

Thank you again!

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes