Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Apr 27, 2021
Have I even asked if you can run the VN, start a new playthrough without the mod? I'm looking for a needle in a haystack since you keep posting pics and not the actual traceback file.
Sorry Sancho, I admit I'm not the most technological guy.
The traceback file, I try, but I don't know how to upload it.
I don't know ho to upload the .txt file

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry Sancho, I admit I'm not the most technological guy.
The traceback file, I try, but I don't know how to upload it.
I don't know ho to upload the .txt file
No need to be technical. Just push the button and select the traceback file:
1683350226399.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sincere, I couldn't upload the file, so I guessed that I could upload only jpg files.
Thank you very much, Sancho.
Well done. Okay, this is a completely different RenPy core level error but still appears to be anchored around the "HoverHelp" system in the mod laterally. Still, you haven't answered from the post above:

" Have I even asked if you can run the VN, start a new playthrough without the mod? "

Regards.

Apr 27, 2021
Well done. Okay, this is a completely different RenPy core level error but still appears to be anchored around the "HoverHelp" system in the mod laterally. Still, you haven't answered from the post above:

" Have I even asked if you can run the VN, start a new playthrough without the mod? "

Regards.
I'm sorry, I was focused on the upload and I forgot.
Yes, I've tried now and I can start a new game without mod.
I admit I'm a little nervous, I really hope that it's a solvable problem.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry, I was focused on the upload and I forgot.
Yes, I've tried now and I can start a new game without mod.
I admit I'm a little nervous, I really hope that it's a solvable problem.
Hmmm... I'm trying to isolate what would be different about your system now versus the last update when you got your new PC. The VN runs on the identical version of RenPy and you're the only one with this RenPy Core error that I'm aware of... but I can't think of what would be triggering it as the traceback isn't saying what two extra parameters are being passed causing the failure. Your last traceback error is summarized:

"TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 1 argument (3 given)"​

and is being thrown by RenPy's screen rending Core code as it is collecting and evaluating widgets. Very odd and rare error.

Apr 27, 2021
Sancho, in your opinion if I downloaded it in another PC it would work?
But how could I transfer previous files from a PC to another? Should I transfer version 6.2 too?
Because I'm afraid it could be my only solution.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Hey Sancho1969, Tess just released the 7b finale. Do you want me to send you the new link? She also posted two files to go into the game file so people didn't have to download the game again, but I think its causing errors with the mod

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Sancho1969, Tess just released the 7b finale. Do you want me to send you the new link? She also posted two files to go into the game file so people didn't have to download the game again, but I think its causing errors with the mod
Ahhh.. so the team took my advice from here and went the multi-persistent route like they should have from the start... interesting. I'll sort it once I can break away from "Chasing Sunsets" project I'm on currently.

Reactions: DoverUK25

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Ahhh.. so the team took my advice from here and went the multi-persistent route like they should have from the start... interesting. I'll sort it once I can break away from "Chasing Sunsets" project I'm on currently.
would you like me t o send you the 7b link

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
If it's just the new update Episode that changed and added that new export file (1 changed file and 1 new file only) I don't reckon I need the whole thing... it's the same thing in the end.

They did fuck up by just releasing the two plain script files instead of the proper compiled RPYCs though... that's where the proper 7b link is likely best for folks... since that compile script will carry forward and insure save files are OK. With just the plain script files RenPy auto-compiles new RPYCs and make the save/load pointers at different spots (since it doesn't know the original ones). It's technical but they are botching this whole process a bit tbh. I wish they would have asked for some advice but that's water under the bridge at this point.

I'll check it out in a bit. I need to find a stopping point on this other project but haven't found a good place to stop in a few hours... it's another VN driving me insane at the moment.

Reactions: DoverUK25

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm confident I can fix it and make a one file "scripts.rpa" that simply replaces the existing and everything will be just fine. It's not hard to do and I reckon I can get to it in just a bit if folks will be patient with me this afternoon. I can solve this little problem.

DoverUK25 If you have the "scripts.rpa" file from 7b then please PM me just that one file. That's the real deal.

Reactions: motseer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Check your inbox
Thank you bud.

I stopped aggravating myself with "Chasing Sunsets" and not porting the v7b hotfix into the mod. I should have this sorted directly and will post new links in the OP since the dev team are technically calling this v0.7b so as to eliminate confusion.

I'll keep updates coming... thanks again, you my hero of the day so far... that other VN is killing me, literally.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Update (v0.7b Final)

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Now hopefully not so important: please read the post here regarding Season 1 save export/import. (from v0.7a)

Note: To be very clear - This mod update is installable in either v0.7a (making it v0.7b) or directly in v0.7b

You folks make sure to thank DoverUK25 for hooking me up. He did us all a solid here. Thanks brother, sincerely.

Changlelog:
  • Incorporated the dev's fix (which I feel I recommended in the post linked above) for save exports.
  • Incorporated the latest grammatical and male MC naming bug fixes from the dev team.
  • Minor aesthetic tweaks as I felt necessary.
If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Hey Sancho, sorry for the off-topic, but man, are you going to do the MultiMod for the new Drifty's game?

sp4c3

Nov 25, 2022
hey,
not sure why, but i pasted the 3 things into the game folder. but it says not installed correctly. i dont get an error i just cant start a game with it. no traceback files or anything that pop up. just stuck on starting screen after i click start

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes