Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Could we get label twinscross separated into its own scene in the gallery? I like this basically vanilla threesome with the twins but don't want to have to watch the sub with Alessandra content to get to it.
Edit: Nevermind... I can just make a separate scene for "Cross" only... yeah? At the end of the day that's a Sub scene anyway... gonna be some nasty shit in those Sub scenes bud.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Edit: Nevermind... I can just make a separate scene for "Cross" only... yeah? At the end of the day that's a Sub scene anyway... gonna be some nasty shit in those Sub scenes bud.
That's the one.
The only way to get it is to be Alessandra's toy, so it's like the subK5, but the actual scene isn't really subby. The only "submissive" part of it for Kane is that his feet are strapped to the cross. Other than that it's a seated threesome with two hot twins while one trash talks her boyfriend. That's why I said it was basically vanilla.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's the one.
The only way to get it is to be Alessandra's toy, so it's like the subK5, but the actual scene isn't really subby. The only "submissive" part of it for Kane is that his feet are strapped to the cross. Other than that it's a seated threesome with two hot twins while one trash talks her boyfriend. That's why I said it was basically vanilla.
Yeah, the Dom variant is the netori scene if memory serves. Some crazy kinks in this VN... but some of the scenes are hot, ain't gonna lie.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
This is the sub version of the one you're thinking of as an alternative with the Alessandra/Celeste threesome. 1683153614930.png

The cross scene is kind of a hidden bonus reward. There should be a threesome with Claudia and Celeste on the Dom route but it hasn't happened yet and it may not since Tess likes to compartmentalize things.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just tried out the assistant cheat and it did not work.

the next screen after hitting confirm has View attachment 2591834 and Mia shows up.

Edit: The Dominique cheat worked for me.
Just to remind you again, thanks for identifying this. See, it's a bigger issue than just this VN (I've sorted it here of course already). I use that code in several other VN's with recent updates so I reckon those are going to be slightly borked too. The good thing is that in particular instances the cheat option simply doesn't execute so there's ultimately no harm done with this bug... but it must be fixed. UoP comes to mind... maybe a few others. I have more homework to do with some "maintenance updates"... ugh. Thank goodness for fine whiskey. I'm gonna need it yet again.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Just to remind you again, thanks for identifying this. See, it's a bigger issue than just this VN (I've sorted it here of course already). I use that code in several other VN's with recent updates so I reckon those are going to be slightly borked too. The good thing is that in particular instances the cheat option simply doesn't execute so there's ultimately no harm done with this bug... but it must be fixed. UoP comes to mind... maybe a few others. I have more homework to do with some "maintenance updates"... ugh. Thank goodness for fine whiskey. I'm gonna need it yet again.
No worries. I love bug hunting, unless it's my own program, then I hate it with a passion.

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

oystei

Jan 29, 2020
That is a simply fantastic idea my dear friend.... I'll run upstairs and do just that! (yeah, I'm the dumbass who had a wetbar installed up-fucking-stairs, I must have been hungover when I thought that was a great idea)
I'm not sure if it's a better or worse idea of having a minifridge in reach of the couch/pc chair.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No worries. I love bug hunting, unless it's my own program, then I hate it with a passion.
Honestly, I should have thought about that (or similar) pop-up screen long ago... it can be made so much more informative and look way better than adding a custom choice menu... I'll be using it all the time going forward... and tweaking it to look better and be more intuitive.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Honestly, I should have thought about that (or similar) pop-up screen long ago... it can be made so much more informative and look way better than adding a custom choice menu... I'll be using it all the time going forward... and tweaking it to look better and be more intuitive.
At least you are adapting and evolving. With the new season, Tess could use one variable for the klevel with a set number instead of over 10 Booleans to keep track of make make sure are flagged properly, but I bet the code won't evolve.

An easy alternative to what you shared in the main thread:
Python:
    if klevel in [5.5, 6.5, 7.5] or alessandra_scale <= -3:  #SanchoMod: Alessandra's Scale could be a bug here for Dom path Players
        jump secretsubwakeuptime  #SanchoMod: Secret Sub Path
    elif klevel <= 4:
        jump subwakeuptime  #SanchMod: Regular Sub Path
    else:
        jump domwakeuptime  #SanchoMod: Regular Dom Paths

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
At least you are adapting and evolving. With the new season, Tess could use one variable for the klevel with a set number instead of over 10 Booleans to keep track of make make sure are flagged properly, but I bet the code won't evolve.

An easy alternative to what you shared in the main thread:
Python:
    if klevel in [5.5, 6.5, 7.5] or alessandra_scale <= -3:  #SanchoMod: Alessandra's Scale could be a bug here for Dom path Players
        jump secretsubwakeuptime  #SanchoMod: Secret Sub Path
    elif klevel <= 4:
        jump subwakeuptime  #SanchMod: Regular Sub Path
    else:
        jump domwakeuptime  #SanchoMod: Regular Dom Paths
The problem is we don't truly know her intent... that's the biggest issue and why I didn't touch it... it's her story to tell so we'll see how she handles it I reckon. Otherwise the issue lies in Alessandra's Scale variable being a singled "or" clause of the conditional... but that's only if she didn't intend K8+ to be effected.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
The problem is we don't truly know her intent... that's the biggest issue and why I didn't touch it... it's her story to tell so we'll see how she handles it I reckon. Otherwise the issue lies in Alessandra's Scale variable being a singled "or" clause of the conditional... but that's only if she didn't intend K8+ to be effected.
I wasn't suggesting you change it. I just used it because it was easy to grab. My point was how learning and adapting can make things better. In the original code, she tests 7 variables. In my example of how code can evolve, like your new popups, there is one variable replacing those seven and it is just checking for values. It would be easy to accidentally have two K* variables set to True but if only one variable is used, that possible bug won't exist. The whole "if your alessandra_scale is less than or equal to -3, you are automatically wanting to eat out of a dog bowl at her beck and call" is a whole different topic.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I wasn't suggesting you change it. I just used it because it was easy to grab. My point was how learning and adapting can make things better. In the original code, she tests 7 variables. In my example of how code can evolve, like your new popups, there is one variable replacing those seven and it is just checking for values. It would be easy to accidentally have two K* variables set to True but if only one variable is used, that possible bug won't exist. The whole "if your alessandra_scale is less than or equal to -3, you are automatically wanting to eat out of a dog bowl at her beck and call" is a whole different topic.
I hear ya... most dev's use conditionals poorly or very novice. It's always been that way with the exception of a select few VN's I mod on. Some dev's are actually quite brilliant coders... but most learn just enough to get by. Which makes sense as they have a certain goal in mind so I do my best to not finger-wag at 'em.

Regarding the mod, I use a list to work against in my conditionals for KLvl. Basically similar to:
smklvl =["K1Pro","K1","K2","K3","K4","K5","K6","K7","K8","K9","K10","SubK5","SubK6","SubK7"]
then use smklvl as the grunt to work against. Simple.

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
All these variables man... How to know which ones are good or bad? Like DocH, is it good or bad? It got a good reaction so I assume it's good even though you never know, sometimes moderation is the best...

Yamineko

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for your hard work! Meanwhile, I was about to redownload the entire game, because apparently, unpacking the scripts made your mod fail to load properly. Figured out in time that was the issue and deleted the scripts...But that's what I get for playing while reading the code myself due to impatience for a WT :D

This did give me one question though I was wondering about, but it's just for my curiosity, so feel free to ignore: I've seen some WT mods use injection rather than straight up editing of the base scripts. Given that you made an entire framework, which could encapsulate that injection rather efficiently, why did you choose to edit the scripts instead?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your hard work! Meanwhile, I was about to redownload the entire game, because apparently, unpacking the scripts made your mod fail to load properly. Figured out in time that was the issue and deleted the scripts...But that's what I get for playing while reading the code myself due to impatience for a WT :D

This did give me one question though I was wondering about, but it's just for my curiosity, so feel free to ignore: I've seen some WT mods use injection rather than straight up editing of the base scripts. Given that you made an entire framework, which could encapsulate that injection rather efficiently, why did you choose to edit the scripts instead?
Good morning. There's more to the mod than a basic "green choice is best" walkthrough. 1) the mod has the only dynamically changing guide on the planet and has been so for well over a couple years on the most complex VN's ever made 2) there's other features that I cannot simply "highjack" or "inject" without direct hooks inside the script (for example MiniStat automation, SanchoAlerts, etc) 3) I've yet to devise a more efficient method of attaching hooks at specific areas within the story line without having to place those hooks at the necessary and specific dialogue or image points of the VN... there's just no magic wand.

With that said yes, I could simply copy the entire scripts into another folder then rename them accordingly and edit those as needed but that's so inefficient in regards to product maintenance and file size... plus it's a real PITA.

There's no right or wrong... there's only innovational coders or wannabees, leaders and followers.. You are free to decide where my work lands in that spectrum.

Reactions: Yamineko
Apr 27, 2021
I'm sorry. I ask everyone, and particularly Sancho: what did I do wrong? Why do I get this screen when I try to load a save? Clearly I did wrong the Mod installation, but I don't understand "what" I did wrong.
KG Mod error.jpg

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry. I ask everyone, and particularly Sancho: what did I do wrong? Why do I get this screen when I try to load a save? Clearly I did wrong the Mod installation, but I don't understand "what" I did wrong.
View attachment 2595135
Wow, just.... wow.

Well... that's new. You managed to bork something deep within the mod's Core that's never been broken by anyone ever before. What on Earth did you do bud?

Start your install from scratch, there's no way in hell that function can be borked as it's in every single SanchoMod for the past 2yrs... so literally thousands upon thousands of DL's and usage has had that function never fail. Wicked.

Anywho... do exactly the following and report back (I recommend using the full Final version either compressed or uncompressed doesn't matter):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.

• Haha
Reactions: Tinuss

Ulrich37

Apr 1, 2018
I'm curious what the general consensus is on the 'E. DomPnts' variable, and what effect it will have going forward with Elena ? Maximizing it seems to require being very 'professional' with members of the staff. Keeping them at a distance instead of indulging. Getting very drunk on the train ends up getting us in trouble, and a bonus of 2 more points before the event ends. But calling it early also earns 2 points? Later, being gentle on one of the slaves also gives 1 point. I'm not sure, but I think the max I could earn was 4 points without cheating?

My gut tells me that as a Dom MC, I want to minimize these points. That having a high score here indicates I was a 'good boy', and will be submissive towards Elena. Of course, it could also mean that I'm doing a shit job as a manager, in her eyes, and she'll be pissed. But the only line of dialog she gives is vague: "I think some of the staff might stop by later for you. If they do, remember you're still a manager in training. Be smart."

Thoughts? Or should I take this to the main thread for the game?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm curious what the general consensus is on the 'E. DomPnts' variable, and what effect it will have going forward with Elena ? Maximizing it seems to require being very 'professional' with members of the staff. Keeping them at a distance instead of indulging. Getting very drunk on the train ends up getting us in trouble, and a bonus of 2 more points before the event ends. But calling it early also earns 2 points? Later, being gentle on one of the slaves also gives 1 point. I'm not sure, but I think the max I could earn was 4 points without cheating?

My gut tells me that as a Dom MC, I want to minimize these points. That having a high score here indicates I was a 'good boy', and will be submissive towards Elena. Of course, it could also mean that I'm doing a shit job as a manager, in her eyes, and she'll be pissed. But the only line of dialog she gives is vague: "I think some of the staff might stop by later for you. If they do, remember you're still a manager in training. Be smart."

Thoughts? Or should I take this to the main thread for the game?
Most point systems in this VN are targeted for minimal acquisition for maximum benefit... example are the "O" points and the "Z" points. So yes, it's obvious that minimum E points is likely preferred by any playthough... that's why you see it as being gained on two out of three choices per menu choice block... that's your clue that not gaining them is best.

Otherwise best guess is either Elena Points or Evaluation Points. Maybe to be used later for the next KLvl updgrade/downgrade... dunno yet.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes