Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Zod666

Nov 1, 2020
E.DomPnts and E.SubPnts are not used for anything yet so I can't answer. They either stand for "Elena" or "Evaluation" points as far as I can gather to date. They are accumulated but not included in any conditional or function in the Season 1 code... we'll have to wait for next update to see. This is no different than when O.Pnts and Z.Pnts were introduced... it took us all until the following update to know what they were used for. Tess is sneaky like that bud, nothing I can do about it since she's the only one who knows what's planned in the future.
Alright tnx, from logical point of view it seems more you have, more you fuck up imo, so less is good probably

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's probably too spoilery, but a SanchoNote that Delilah is Kane's cousin might be wanted by some players (Nami true relationship denier type) before it gets to this:
However, most will play for a long time before knowing the truth since it is hidden in a specific path.

I'll give the current build a run tomorrow. I'm out for tonight.
Well, character relations is not something I've ever made known in the guide before (except for custom iPatches of course) as I feel that's a dev plot responsibility, and not for me to decide what any one person may or may not want spoiled. It's a fine line but I've held it there to date in all the VN's I mod on... I try my best to not get in the way of the dev telling the story as they see fit. Make sense or you reckon I'm off track?

Reactions: subwien and ioun

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alright tnx, from logical point of view it seems more you have, more you fuck up imo, so less is good probably
Wouldn't be the first time... it's 100% debatable until the dev shows her cards on the table.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Well, character relations is not something I've ever made known in the guide before (except for custom iPatches of course) as I feel that's a dev plot responsibility, and not for me to decide what any one person may or may not want spoiled. It's a fine line but I've held it there to date in all the VN's I mod on... I try my best to not get in the way of the dev telling the story as they see fit. Make sense or you reckon I'm off track?
It was just a suggestion. With the games I play it doesn't matter to me, but for a dev who was explicitly against incest, sneaking that one in seems odd. It's not like the hidden timer in the BaD Jill scene, so it's not something completely hidden. If you want to stick with Tess' way of revealing stuff, I support that stance.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It was just a suggestion. With the games I play it doesn't matter to me, but for a dev who was explicitly against incest, sneaking that one in seems odd. It's not like the hidden timer in the BaD Jill scene, so it's not something completely hidden. If you want to stick with Tess' way of revealing stuff, I support that stance.
Don't get me wrong bud, I see your point you made... I'm just not entirely sure it's something I should step into. I try to err on the side of caution regarding spoilers within the guide... but I also see the point were some folks really want to know something like that. I just can't get past that it's the responsibility of the dev and not some schmuck like me to divulge that when necessary. There's just no way for me to know in advance it it's something plot related or not. It's a tough line to cross ethically, although I know many rookie "walkthrough" guides don't mind stomping all over that territory without consideration of the Player.

Tough call indeed.

Slikk

Oct 3, 2017
Just finishing my playthrough with the mod and noticed the text is cut off in this dialog box: 1683088466646.png

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
but for a dev who was explicitly against incest, sneaking that one in seems odd.
Sex between cousins is NOT "incest", FFS. Marriages between cousins or between uncle/aunt and niece/nephew have been commonplace throughout history and were never considered immoral. It is only "incest" if it involves individuals who are each other's direct biological ascendant and descendant, or who are siblings sharing at least one biological parent.

fatki_chaddi

Formerly 'fatkichaddi'
Oct 18, 2021
Exclusively for you Gambit & SanchoMod thread fans...

SanchoMod Public Pre-Release 05/02/2023
(update Season 1 Finale, Episode 7 v0.7a Final)
View attachment 2591733 View attachment 2591734

IMPORTANT!: please read the post here regarding Season 1 save export/import. You've been warned, don't cry to me later.

Standard disclosure: Download and use at your own risk (there is none but I gotta say it). This is NOT the final mod release as it's missing the new MC(Sub) path scenes in SanchoGallery. Everything else is included.

Links in the OP are NOT yet updated - Keep reading...
(need at least one guinea pig alongside me to confirm it's good to go)

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
This link will be removed from this post once moved to the OP to eliminate future confusion.
Download:

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

@Sancho1969
You are a legend Sir, utmost respect to you.

thanks for this and many other of your carefully crafted works of art (code :) ) many of the games I thoroughly enjoy are because of your mods. Those wont be same without you, I really mean that. Once again thanks a ton.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonMarius

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I like your little addition of "Well, that happened..." :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Yeah caught up with the Dev, and didn't run into any problems from your mod. So, next one is going to be a whole new file, huh? Well, I saved where it said to save, so we shall see. Anyways, thank you for your work on this mod.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just finishing my playthrough with the mod and noticed the text is cut off in this dialog box: View attachment 2591977
Bud, what's your system monitor resolution if I may ask. On my bench machines that screen dynamically widens to insure the sentence is intact... but I didn't check on very low resolution so I may have to "wrap" the text for that screen box.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the issue. Thank you for reporting. It's cutting off the final word "lewd". RenPy being a little bitch with that sentence length but I've sorted it. Thank you for reporting it bud.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slikk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
@Sancho1969
You are a legend Sir, utmost respect to you.

thanks for this and many other of your carefully crafted works of art (code :) ) many of the games I thoroughly enjoy are because of your mods. Those wont be same without you, I really mean that. Once again thanks a ton.
Thx man, you saved me, now i can finally play it again i lost my saves
You're sincerely welcome, my pleasure.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I like your little addition of "Well, that happened..." :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Yeah caught up with the Dev, and didn't run into any problems from your mod. So, next one is going to be a whole new file, huh? Well, I saved where it said to save, so we shall see. Anyways, thank you for your work on this mod.
We shall see... indeed. I'm really curious and why I decided to step out of the way of that one. I don't see a way for folks to not have to copy/paste their "export" save to the new game. The alternative is coding RenPy deep-rooted to change to the Season 1 directory under the Player's "roaming" directly (which is technically a system directory) and find the file. So much can go wrong there... glad it's not me who'll have to deal with the pending inflow of technical support issues.

I'll obviously do my part to assist the team with solving any issues though, that's just how I am.

Bloker997

Aug 20, 2022
We shall see... indeed. I'm really curious and why I decided to step out of the way of that one. I don't see a way for folks to not have to copy/paste their "export" save to the new game. The alternative is coding RenPy deep-rooted to change to the Season 1 directory under the Player's "roaming" directly (which is technically a system directory) and find the file. So much can go wrong there... glad it's not me who'll have to deal with the pending inflow of technical support issues.

I'll obviously do my part to assist the team with solving any issues though, that's just how I am.
Hey man, sorry to bother, but i cant get mod to work. SanchoMenu doesnt work, can hear "click" and nothing happens, gallery is just black screen. When i start new game it's like mod isnt there(no stat hints etc.) Do you think it can have something to do, that i've downloaded beta version first and then updated it by this unofficial patch to 0.7final ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Guess I'm finding my Achilles heal of coding... finding Sub scenes. I'm sure I've missed some along the way, I'm just not very good at hunting them down. The things I do for folks... :ROFLMAO: :p.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey man, sorry to bother, but i cant get mod to work. SanchoMenu doesnt work, can hear "click" and nothing happens, gallery is just black screen. When i start new game it's like mod isnt there(no stat hints etc.) Do you think it can have something to do, that i've downloaded beta version first and then updated it by this unofficial patch to 0.7final ?
The following will insure proper installation if you have a problem, every single time (I recommend using the full Final version either compressed or uncompressed doesn't matter):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.

Try that and report back please.

tarsgrim

Dec 19, 2022
Bro keep up the good work it's amazing. I think you missed a scene in the dominant route featuring julliette kiyomi and the slave for sale in the previous chapter.
really curious to see the scenes and the sub routes even if they are not my stuff. I always see them from the perspective of the dominant side so I identify with the sister when I play the sub route.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Bro keep up the good work it's amazing. I think you missed a scene in the dominant route featuring julliette kiyomi and the slave for sale in the previous chapter.
really curious to see the scenes and the sub routes even if they are not my stuff. I always see them from the perspective of the dominant side so I identify with the sister when I play the sub route.
I'm currently just now review the Ep7 Sub scenes for the gallery because I went back Ep6 with a K4 build... so I might have caught it, can't remember as I added several scenes from Ep6 but I'll try to go back and check.

I should have the mod's final build out today... I fixed a few minor bugs, a KLvl reporting bug for Sub paths, and need to finish adding the new Ep7 Sub scenes into the gallery.

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Someone knows their incest. However, it ultimately depends on the society...and that usually flows with legality. Basically every area, every community, and every culture sets it's own standard on what is deemed appropriate or inappropriate for their society. Incest can be defined as any sexual relationship between family members, and it's each society's choice to define what is considered "family".

For example, laws by some societies deem it incest for sexual relationships between relatives who are not even blood related, such as a step-parent and step-children or foster parent and foster children. Furthermore, cousins are not considered safe in some cases. Even distance cousins can fall within the realm of incest, if they live in the same household. So it's not quite as cut and dry as some believe, although some societies and countries are more accepting with familial sex.
I do know my history and I'm talking about what has been historically regarded as "incest" in the Western culture. Marriages between individuals related up to 2nd degree (i.e. parent-child, grandparent-grandchild and siblings) were usually outlawed, while marriages between first cousins, uncle and niece or aunt and nephew have been quite commonplace (especially among nobility) and have never been regarded as immoral. You are however correct that relations by marriage or adoption have often been treated the same way as relations by birth, even though it makes no sense from biological standpoint.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes