Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Remembrance I've done some more coding this morning on another VN. I can theoretically remap some keys but I'll have to test across multiple versions of RenPy to insure it sticks. Currently I've mapped "s" (lowercase s) to be the in-game stat hotkey and "g" to be the ChoiceGuide toggle hotkeys. "s" is the main issue since it's meant for screenshots but it also uses "Shift-S", "Alt-S", and "Alt-Shit-S" as well so it doesn't take that feature away. If I can do it with the Alt+Arrow keys to manage dialogue text size and opacity like I've already done then MAYBE I can swing this too. I'll keep folks updated. Regards.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Remembrance I've done some more coding this morning on another VN. I can theoretically remap some keys but I'll have to test across multiple versions of RenPy to insure it sticks. Currently I've mapped "s" (lowercase s) to be the in-game stat hotkey and "g" to be the ChoiceGuide toggle hotkeys. "s" is the main issue since it's meant for screenshots but it also uses "Shift-S", "Alt-S", and "Alt-Shit-S" as well so it doesn't take that feature away. If I can do it with the Alt+Arrow keys to manage dialogue text size and opacity like I've already done then MAYBE I can swing this too. I'll keep folks updated. Regards.
Thanks for the effort. For me the stats tracker is the main attraction while the variable reveal of choices comes in second, not really caring about anything else. I think most people would be happy with a walkthrough mod alone ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

My original suggestion was much simpler: when toggling the ministats screen you go through 3 choices of what's on the right of the screen, instead of 2: nothing->mini stats screen -> small button to open the main stats screen
But maybe working on a hotkey will improve your code through multiple games though, so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

PS: I do enjoy the aesthetic improvements (y)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for the effort. For me the stats tracker is the main attraction while the variable reveal of choices comes in second, not really caring about anything else. I think most people would be happy with a walkthrough mod alone ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

My original suggestion was much simpler: when toggling the ministats screen you go through 3 choices of what's on the right of the screen, instead of 2: nothing->mini stats screen -> small button to open the main stats screen
But maybe working on a hotkey will improve your code through multiple games though, so ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

PS: I do enjoy the aesthetic improvements (y)
It's why I made everything to be able to toggle On/Off. Every feature is something I personally wanted for myself or suggestions I found that had merit from other folks. Since everyone is different, if most popular options are available and can be customized at will, then it's a win across the board I reckon. The mod's Core is continuously in evolution. SanchoMetaVerse is still pending... :p

Sille

Jan 5, 2021
Hello.. Can someone help me understand how this system of variables works ?!.. I mean the Z points, the O points, Slave points, D Grade and V Grade (see the attached photo please)..

In Walkthrough (WT) it says that in order to progress to a higher level (K7, K8, etc.) you need LESS points.. That means negative points (-) not positive (+) ???!..

For example Z or O Points -5 and V or D Grade -5 ???!.. Or for example, the correct choice in the attached photo would be the first option or one of the other two with DGrade+1 or +2 ?!!

Thanks a lot!

2.jpg

Reactions: Pointless123

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello.. Can someone help me understand how this system of variables works ?!.. I mean the Z points, the O points, Slave points, D Grade and V Grade (see the attached photo please)..

In Walkthrough (WT) it says that in order to progress to a higher level (K7, K8, etc.) you need LESS points.. That means negative points (-) not positive (+) ???!..

For example Z or O Points -5 and V or D Grade -5 ???!.. Or for example, the correct choice in the attached photo would be the first option or one of the other two with DGrade+1 or +2 ?!!

Thanks a lot!

View attachment 2296414
Your red and green arrows point to how to achieve what Goal. The red one you pointed to is "Slave" (if that's your goal) and the other is "WorkGrade" (if KLevel and DomPnts are your goal). Whoever you work for gives you a Grade level at the end, higher Grade level = more DomThronePoints in the calc. The red text in the squares you marked tell you how to achieve the goal that's in yellow text. The white text shows you your current points per category and what your possible K-Level would be at that very moment (so you can adjust your choices made as needed).

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I reckon a VN update will be coming along at some point so I'm trying to be proactive and get this thing up to par. I've been porting over to the latest Core 7b which has been an extremely tedious process due to the amount of variables in this VN. Regardless, it will contain all the latest features of the newest Core (including the new CriticalPathSplit screen) so hopefully we'll be ready for whatever Tess throws at us.
1681170354333.png 1681170374420.png

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, this is taking quite the effort. I even re-coded SanchoGallery from scratch to allow it the advanced scene filtering of the latest Core. I've included a base filtering of the male protagonist Dom/Sub variants. Those scenes that either don't include the male protagonist or aren't truly differentiated between the base filtering variant will be in both base variants. Character and Type filters work of the base Dom/Sub filter. Sounds complex (it is in the code) but it works intuitively and feels natural to use in practice. Here's what it currently looks like for context:
1681227529299.png
Since sis (Olivia) is really either dom or neutral, and even though she's a protagonist, I elected to filter her scenes in the Character filter regardless of if the male protagonist is in the scene or not. Again, this seems like the most intuitive way to use the filters imho.

Enough chit-chat... back to work since I still have IRL accounting to get sorted in a 4 day countdown. Regards.

Reactions: Rufio and Slikk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod QM HoverMode detail:

One of the new features (I know, it's minor but it's been requested more than a few times) is a QM hover mode. This one is coded pretty slick, since the QM is toggled in one of three ways: via the MiniMenu, SanchoOptions, or HotKey "q". Each one effects the QM differently so it was a bit tricky to code intuitively and correctly.
  • Via the MiniMenu only toggles the QM On/Off regardless of any current setting (regardless of On/Off/Hover).
  • Via SanchoOptions and you get everything in one place to tweak the QM (teaser below).
  • Via HotKey "q" cycles through the QM stages (On/Off/Hover).
  • All three above populate an associated SanchoNotifications (the upper-left notification flag) to let you know what mode QM is in.
I made it so if the player has the HoverMode enabled that the QM is shown with SanchoOptions screen open so you can actually see the QuickMenu while adjusting parameters. Once the player is done adjusting it, if the HoverMode is still active then when SanchoOptions is closed the QM goes back into its HoverMode state (hidden until the player mouses over a specified target area). HoverMode is automatically reset to Off if the QM is disabled (so it remains intuitive to use). It's setting is saved on a per save file basis (as with most SanchoOptions I do my best not to never fuck with your persistent file). The default when starting the VN or within either Gallery is QM ON mode (non-hover mode).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rufio and Slikk

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (v0.6.2)
Latest Core Update
1681244406428.png 1681244467153.png
Go get you some.

Links in OP and FAQ are updated accordingly.

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested if necessary.

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Amazing stuff as usual, thank you very much Sancho1969.
You're welcome bud... just trying to get ahead of a surely pending VN update. I need the power of the latest Core for Tess's new tricks, and I get to offer you some (hopefully) welcomed new features at the same time. Two days of porting work but we have a solid foundation to work off of going forward. Regards, and thank you for the post, motivation, and inspiration to continue sharing my personal work exclusively to you fellow site members.

Kyoto97

Aug 15, 2020
Hello Sancho1969, This is the first time I've played this game in the latest version, but I get an error when I play it, this is the traceback I got. ( I'm using Joiplay, compressed file version )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello Sancho1969, This is the first time I've played this game in the latest version, but I get an error when I play it, this is the traceback I got. ( I'm using Joiplay, compressed file version )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, that's the VN's default quick menu so you have that same error without the mod. Sort it so you can actually play the VN unmodded then we can go from there. Note that I mod for PC/English though and I'm not sure if the VN (pure, unmodded) is mobile compatible by default.

Kyoto97

Aug 15, 2020
Well, that's the VN's default quick menu so you have that same error without the mod. Sort it so you can actually play the VN unmodded then we can go from there. Note that I mod for PC/English though and I'm not sure if the VN (pure, unmodded) is mobile compatible by default.
hmm that is unfortunate, you're right that the problem is from the unmodded itself, but thanks for the information

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes