Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Slikk

Oct 3, 2017
Ummm.. one of you smart folks help me figure this out. This set of Kane variables seem to end in some other language but fuck me if I know which. So, removing "kane" prefix from the following, WTF do you think each is?
  • kaneutu
  • kaneashur
  • kaneenki
  • kaneninhursag
  • kaneinanna
I open for interpretations here... Kinda hard to write a guide if I can't decipher something. I might have to reach out to TessSadist on this set.
Seems to be names of Sumerian and Mesopotamian gods/goddesses.

Utu = Mesopotamian sun god
Ashur = head of the Assyrian pantheon in Mesopotamian religion
Enki = Sumerian god of wisdom, fresh water, intelligence, trickery and mischief, crafts, magic, exorcism, healing, creation, virility, fertility, and art (busy guy)
Ninhursag = Sumerian Mother Goddess
Inanna = Sumerian goddess of love

As for what is meant by using these variable names, your guess is as good as mine.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Seems to be names of Sumerian and Mesopotamian gods/goddesses.

Utu = Mesopotamian sun god
Ashur = head of the Assyrian pantheon in Mesopotamian religion
Enki = Sumerian god of wisdom, fresh water, intelligence, trickery and mischief, crafts, magic, exorcism, healing, creation, virility, fertility, and art (busy guy)
Ninhursag = Sumerian Mother Goddess
Inanna = Sumerian goddess of love

As for what is meant by using these variable names, your guess is as good as mine.
Well... this is going to be a fun mod coding adventure... I hope she didn't get this cute all over the place or I'm fucked :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Based on having played it already, seems to me like a choice that won't have any effect until later updates.
Indeed, it's not used in this update... but then again there's a ton of variables that yet have any consequence. Makes it tough to alert the player to something important... a few save point suggestions are simply a good hunch that it's important.

Chace005

Aug 4, 2020
based on my wikipedia search, utu and inanna are brother and sister, ninhursag and enki are husband and wife and ashur is the head of the pantheon. I also found that in some tales ashur is uru's and inanna's grandfather. so maybe it is just a reference to a relation between the characters and maybe a reference to some personality traits of the gods.

Reactions: Slikk

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
It's possibly tying whichever god to the sister they're most like, if there's no payoff this chapter then might be worth just giving it a standard "buyer beware" and checking back in ch8.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
For those players who have started playing 0.7a Final right now, while Sancho is working on his mod, you can see which variables change after your choices. The only question is that if you're like me and don't know a damn thing about Pyton, you can't make connections between those flags and variables and the events that
follow (or not) after selecting them, then it makes significantly less sense. Nevertheless, I use this method and it can be useful for some things, such as when the choice is not obvious and it's not at all clear which attribute or variable might change.
saveedonline.jpg
For example, did you know that Kane agreeing to wipe Olivia naked (Dom route) with a towel will give us as much as 2 points to the value of princesseyes. (This value has already appeared in previous chapters). Simply save your game immediately after selecting one of the options in the dialog box, and then upload this save to saveeditonline.com.The latest changes in the variables will be displayed on the left side of the screen.
Sancho1969
So far I haven't gotten through much (I'm playing the Dom route and got to the first challenge of the girls that Kane trains and so far no more variables with the names of the Messopatamian deities have come across. But came across some variables that are so abbreviated (for example, the variable edpts in the scene outdoors near the mansion Katsumi) that it is almost impossible to understand what it means and what it affects. (I assume this is short for "education pets", but why 1 point is added to its value if you refuse to do such a thing is not clear to me.)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
So far I haven't gotten through much (I'm playing the Dom route and got to the first challenge of the girls that Kane trains and so far no more variables with the names of the Messopatamian deities have come across. But came across some variables that are so abbreviated (for example, the variable edpts in the scene outdoors near the mansion Katsumi) that it is almost impossible to understand what it means and what it affects. (I assume this is short for "education pets", but why 1 point is added to its value if you refuse to do such a thing is not clear to me.)
1) Don't recommend folks changing variables manually in this thread please... you're just going to fuck folks up and likely fuck up their save files. This is why "cheats" in many other "mods" are shit. Do that in the VN's thread if you wish, again please.

2) No, that's not what the acronym is for. Tess loves her acronyms and I always have to decipher them. What you are missing is the other side of the coin. There's espts and edpts for E.SubPoints and E.DomPoints respectively. I'm certain they will be used for Elena evaluation of performance at some point.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
BTW, I'm a bit over halfway through the 78 menu choices. It's a ton of them. At first I was populating the SanchoGallery while coding the guide but that slowed things down too much. I've marked scenes I've noticed for later reference to go back and populate, and I'll grab the one's I miss while speedrunning when the guide is done. It's a tedious process but that's the way it is. It's exactly whiskey-thirty by my clock so that will certainly help... so I'm off to pour tonight's first adult beverage...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Since I compressed this game, I decided to give a whirl, it's like reading war and peace but with lewd content, I have never seen so many choices every few seconds, it's like a wall of text most of the time.
Indeed. This is her style of writing. It's very difficult to code on without a third monitor in the multi-screen setup. I should have grabbed another during last Black Friday.

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
1) Don't recommend folks changing variables manually in this thread please... you're just going to fuck folks up and likely fuck up their save files. This is why "cheats" in many other "mods" are shit. Do that in the VN's thread if you wish, again please.

2) No, that's not what the acronym is for. Tess loves her acronyms and I always have to decipher them. What you are missing is the other side of the coin. There's espts and edpts for E.SubPoints and E.DomPoints respectively. I'm certain they will be used for Elena evaluation of performance at some point.
1. Apparently, you misunderstood me. I don't recommend anyone to change variables in 0.7a Final. I'm just talking about the possibility to use this tool to see what exactly is changing and by the name of the variable to understand whether the right choice (from the player's point of view) was made or should choose another option in the dialogue.

2. I see, thank you for the information.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Indeed. This is her style of writing. It's very difficult to code on without a third monitor in the multi-screen setup. I should have grabbed another during last Black Friday.
I almost can't even follow just because there are SO many choices. I've read more in this game in the first 30 minutes then most VN's I've played combined :ROFLMAO:

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes