Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
I'm curious what the general consensus is on the 'E. DomPnts' variable
There is, essentially, no "general consensus" regarding this variable, because, let's face it: the only person who's got an actual clue to its purpose is Tess, and she has yet to share her thoughts on this subject with anyone else, as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: sava75

Stan5851

Engaged Member
Oct 18, 2019
Sancho1969, I wanted to ask you. Do you have any thoughts on what the points of the variable E Dompnts might be responsible for? There are these values in the Dom route. It is accurate to say that these points are directly related to Elena, since she is explicitly mentioned in this event.
EDP.jpg
Actually, I have two thoughts on this:
1. E DomPnts are points of obedience to Elena's authority by the MC.
Their accumulation is not desirable, because DomMC may become dependent on Elena's authority in some aspects in the long run. Perhaps this is some sort of analog of Z points.

2. E DomPnts are a measure of the MC's ability to fit into the management hierarchy and how disciplined he is,
willing to listen to management's advice (i.e. not a sex/role variable either), but it has the opposite function
- is to reinforce Kane's dominant authority by demonstrating that without the ability to obey there can be no ability to lead. If so, then perhaps DomMC should not avoid accumulating these points, and perhaps their accumulation will lead the MC to further strengthen his position in the Karlsson Group hierarchy.

• Angry
Reactions: Tinuss

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969, I wanted to ask you. Do you have any thoughts on what the points of the variable E Dompnts might be responsible for? There are these values in the Dom route. It is accurate to say that these points are directly related to Elena, since she is explicitly mentioned in this event.
View attachment 2596566
Actually, I have two thoughts on this:
1. E DomPnts are points of obedience to Elena's authority by the MC.
Their accumulation is not desirable, because DomMC may become dependent on Elena's authority in some aspects in the long run. Perhaps this is some sort of analog of Z points.

2. E DomPnts are a measure of the MC's ability to fit into the management hierarchy and how disciplined he is,
willing to listen to management's advice (i.e. not a sex/role variable either), but it has the opposite function
- is to reinforce Kane's dominant authority by demonstrating that without the ability to obey there can be no ability to lead. If so, then perhaps DomMC should not avoid accumulating these points, and perhaps their accumulation will lead the MC to further strengthen his position in the Karlsson Group hierarchy.
Bud, read two posts above yours. Your killing me here. :ROFLMAO:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

I should mention again there are two different "E" points... a Sub and Dom variant. These being "ESubPnts" and "EDomPnts" respectively. The mod's stat system will automatically adjust depending on your playthrough to report the correct one. This means if you are on a Sub route then it's reporting ESubPnts and vice-versa for Dom routes. The stat screens will automatically label them correctly to to minimize confusion. Make sense? Good deal.

Edit: Made a master post in the VN's thread here for reference.

Last edited:

sf102

May 7, 2020
Anyone know why any variable changes I make through the cheat menu don't stay after I save then load? It is happening on this game and I just tried it on Maid to Please and that's the same, I doubt it is the SanchoMod, more likely something specific to me, but I don't know where to start. Even changing simple options like the save desc on/off don't persist when a save is loaded. I've tried what i think is a clean install today with also clearing out the relevant appdata/roaming folder, but no luck

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Anyone know why any variable changes I make through the cheat menu don't stay after I save then load? It is happening on this game and I just tried it on Maid to Please and that's the same, I doubt it is the SanchoMod, more likely something specific to me, but I don't know where to start. Even changing simple options like the save desc on/off don't persist when a save is loaded. I've tried what i think is a clean install today with also clearing out the relevant appdata/roaming folder, but no luck
I test this each time... but you MUST progress one scene (click or space bar) AFTER adjusting an option or cheat for RenPy to set the save variables. Then make a save over an old save or make a new save (your choice). This is how RenPy works. That'll get you done.

sf102

May 7, 2020
I test this each time... but you MUST progress one scene (click or space bar) AFTER adjusting an option or cheat for RenPy to set the save variables. Then make a save over an old save or make a new save (your choice). This is how RenPy works. That'll get you done.
Thank you!!

I can't believe this is the first time I've come across this, I must have been ignorantly doing it properly all this time until today.

Apr 27, 2021
Wow, just.... wow.

Well... that's new. You managed to bork something deep within the mod's Core that's never been broken by anyone ever before. What on Earth did you do bud?

Start your install from scratch, there's no way in hell that function can be borked as it's in every single SanchoMod for the past 2yrs... so literally thousands upon thousands of DL's and usage has had that function never fail. Wicked.

Anywho... do exactly the following and report back (I recommend using the full Final version either compressed or uncompressed doesn't matter):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.
I don't know, I did what I do every time that I install a mod of yours.
These strange things happen to me just with this game, you can't obviously remember, but last update you helped me with an other very strange error.*___*
Ok, so I download again the compressed version an I try again to install you Mod.
Thank you Sancho, I'll update here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know, I did what I do every time that I install a mod of yours.
These strange things happen to me just with this game, you can't obviously remember, but last update you helped me with an other very strange error.*___*
Ok, so I download again the compressed version an I try again to install you Mod.
Thank you Sancho, I'll update here.
Yep. Report back if you have an issue and we'll figure it out bud.

Apr 27, 2021
Yep. Report back if you have an issue and we'll figure it out bud.
Same error again.
Let's do so: I explain what I did, and let's see what's wrong.
a) I open in a folder the compressed version;
b) then I open Sancho Mod;
c) in compressed version, I open the folder game;
d) I move first the folder Sancho Mod in "game" folder, then I move SanchoMod.rpa file;
e) then, when I move scripts.rpa file, it asks me if I want to replace the file scripts.rpa already present in the folder;
f) I click "yes";
g) I open the game an it opens normally, with SanchoMod in the options;
h) I click "load" and I go on the last save on the last page;
i) I click on it and then I see the screen that I uploaded before, with that strange error.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Same error again.
Let's do so: I explain what I did, and let's see what's wrong.
a) I open in a folder the compressed version;
b) then I open Sancho Mod;
c) in compressed version, I open the folder game;
d) I move first the folder Sancho Mod in "game" folder, then I move SanchoMod.rpa file;
e) then, when I move scripts.rpa file, it asks me if I want to replace the file scripts.rpa already present in the folder;
f) I click "yes";
g) I open the game an it opens normally, with SanchoMod in the options;
h) I click "load" and I go on the last save on the last page;
i) I click on it and then I see the screen that I uploaded before, with that strange error.
What happens if you start a new playthrough?

dking239

Jul 1, 2017
I don't know if everyone knows or if it's important but Some discord news. I am sorry to say that I am likely going to have to do a re-release of 0.7 in the near future - some tech problems have arisen and I want to make sure saves work properly to 8, more on this later.In the meantime, please do not worry about endings/gameplay saves. I deeply apologize for this, I will take the full brunt of heat for it, I will have to re-release 0.7 with new saves to end to ensure they are ok for 8.Buck stops with me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't know if everyone knows or if it's important but Some discord news. I am sorry to say that I am likely going to have to do a re-release of 0.7 in the near future - some tech problems have arisen and I want to make sure saves work properly to 8, more on this later.In the meantime, please do not worry about endings/gameplay saves. I deeply apologize for this, I will take the full brunt of heat for it, I will have to re-release 0.7 with new saves to end to ensure they are ok for 8.Buck stops with me.
See folks.... I told y'all here that import/export code was wacky and why I didn't employ it in my code. I knew something was very wrong... oh boy. But see, I always have your back. SanchoMod automatically creates a save of your playthrough well BEFORE the export screen, so if it's their export code that's fucked up, you can load the SanchoMod automatic save and not have to replay anything.

I'm so glad I thought of that... :cool:

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Hey, guys, I keep an eye out for when Tess reuploads so I get the new links to Cirelc ASASP for you guys when I do that I delete the old links and post new ones for mega

Reactions: sava75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I just tried, and again an error, but this time it seems to me different, I upload it.
And this time there's also a sound, like a whistle.
Anyway, it doesn't work and I can't understand why.

View attachment 2598797
Have I even asked if you can run the VN, start a new playthrough without the mod? I'm looking for a needle in a haystack since you keep posting pics and not the actual traceback file.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes