Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Leo Humilis

May 4, 2020
Brother, if you had the funds I wouldn't accept a penny regardless... just your thanks if you enjoy my work is all I've ever asked from anyone. I refuse to accept any monetary gain under this pseudonym... the reason is in a very old post writup in my profile's "about" page. I'm glad you found something useful in the labor of love and generosity. I just need the karma. Regards bud.
Your mods are FUCKING AMAZING, man! You have my undying respect and gratitude!

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote - VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS POST !!!
Making save file exports for next Season of the VN's import (Season 2, Episode 8+)

Note this screen screen at the end of Ep7:
1683072751192.png

If you are using the SanchoMod save system as seen below, you MUST click the "hamburger" and make one final save via the VN's save system. The fucking coder went so far as to change the names of the save files so there's too much to risk for me to create your export save for the next season of KG (Season 2, Episode 8) whenever it drops next.

So, again, if you save via this screen normally then click the "hamburger" as noted:
1683072937777.png

Now, make a new save via this system, insuring that whatever you name the save, when you are done the image says "Ending" as also noted in the below:
1683073060948.png

That's it, you're done. Now, if the import is broken in the next VN update it's not my damn fault... I've got nothing to do with this whacky import/export setup they've concocted. RenPy already has code built-in for multi-persistent save export/import data files but the dev team elected to make their own. So, don't blame me if it's fucked up later... hopefully their gameplan works. Obviously their thought is to check if your old save has that "Ending" attribute in it and if it does attempt to load it into an entirely new VN. RenPy generally never ever plays nice when doing this, that's why the code is in the language already for multi-persistent data import/export... but oh well, we'll see how it goes. I'm certainly curious.

Wall of text, I know but I've a feeling that in coming months I'll be referencing folks to this very post many, many times.

P.S. - You can guess I'm very close to wrapping this mod update up... ;)

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With those shenanigans out of the way I'm going to pour a refill and likely compile and bench test what I have. If I start coding the new Sub scenes into the gallery I might not finish tonight. I'm comfortable that what I have is solid for the overall mod and includes most if not all the new Dom scenes. Rough guess I have a total of 63 scenes coded into SanchoGallery at the moment.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Exclusively for you Gambit & SanchoMod thread fans...

SanchoMod Public Pre-Release 05/02/2023
(update Season 1 Finale, Episode 7 v0.7a Final)
KG SM B04a01.jpg KG SM B04a02.jpg

IMPORTANT!: please read the post here regarding Season 1 save export/import. You've been warned, don't cry to me later.

Standard disclosure: Download and use at your own risk (there is none but I gotta say it). This is NOT the final mod release as it's missing the new MC(Sub) path scenes in SanchoGallery. Everything else is included.

Links in the OP are NOT yet updated - Keep reading...
(need at least one guinea pig alongside me to confirm it's good to go)

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
This link will be removed from this post once moved to the OP to eliminate future confusion.
Download: WORKUPLOAD

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.

Last edited:

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
I just ran through the last update with the mod using a modded save from 0.6.2 and the same choices as I made on an unmodded run of 0.7a so that I didn't skip any unseen dialogue. Everything worked fine. I enjoyed this note even though Tess was mean and didn't actually show the full event.
1683079566013.png

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I just ran through the last update with the mod using a modded save from 0.6.2 and the same choices as I made on an unmodded run of 0.7a so that I didn't skip any unseen dialogue. Everything worked fine. I enjoyed this note even though Tess was mean and didn't actually show the full event.
View attachment 2591828
Sometimes I just can't help myself with a personal note or dialogue... that's just how I am. Thank you for verifying your playthrough alongside all of mine bud, sincerely. This VN is no joke to mod on... to attempt to make choices appear simpler than they really might be. It's a challenge coding like this, like a coder's game I get to play to attempt to accomplishing that task that others either can't or won't. Half the time I'm not sure I can tbh.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Just tried out the assistant cheat and it did not work.
screenshot0002.png
the next screen after hitting confirm has 1683079811236.png and Mia shows up.

Edit: The Dominique cheat worked for me.

Reactions: Sancho1969

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Exclusively for you Gambit & SanchoMod thread fans...

SanchoMod Public Pre-Release 05/02/2023
(update Season 1 Finale, Episode 7 v0.7a Final)
View attachment 2591733 View attachment 2591734

IMPORTANT!: please read the post here regarding Season 1 save export/import. You've been warned, don't cry to me later.

Standard disclosure: Download and use at your own risk (there is none but I gotta say it). This is NOT the final mod release as it's missing the new MC(Sub) path scenes in SanchoGallery. Everything else is included.

Links in the OP are NOT yet updated - Keep reading...
(need at least one guinea pig alongside me to confirm it's good to go)

Changlelog (highlights, see FAQ for details):
  • Updated feature - Updated to latest mod Core v7b
  • Updated feature - SanchoGallery including new scene filters.
  • Updated feature - Updated SanchoCheats according to latest Core.
  • New feature - QM HoverMode. Additional QuickMenu customization found in SanchoOptions and can also be toggled with the appropriate HotKey "q". Described in detail in a post in the mod's thread here.
  • New feature - Added all the latest HotKeys. Alt+ArrowKeys for dialogue text size/opacity, Lower-case "g" for ChoiceGuide, Lower-case "m" for MiniStat, Lower-case "q" for QuickMenu, Lower-case "s" for medium SanchoStat, Lower-case "o" for SanchoOptions, Lower-case "c" for SanchoCheats. These work exactly as if you had clicked them in the MiniMenu or SanchoOptions, they just give you another way to do something faster or more conveniently. (Yes, I took the "s" key. Use shift+"s" or alt+"s" for screenshots).
  • New feature - HotKey toggled "S" key found in SanchoCheats. Toggle allows the HotKey to set to either the default "S" or the alternative "T".
  • New feature - Dedicated mod sound volume control found in Preferences.
  • New feature - CriticalPath Popup Screen (in-game only). During critical points in conditionals behind the scenes (in the dev's code) provides you a popup that allows you to change important story scenarios on a case-by-case basis. Only populates if the ChoiceGuide is enabled.
  • All the minor stuff you may or may not notice to make it even more polished.
This link will be removed from this post once moved to the OP to eliminate future confusion.
Download:

If you enjoy my work once you've had time to check it out, consider leaving a vote and/or review so others might benefit from your experience. Positive or negative, all civil forms of rational criticism are welcomed and appreciated. Your feedback matters. Regards.
Thanks alot, Sancho! I played about half way through episode 7 and decided to wait for this! Thankfully, I preserved my episode 6 save so I can do it " the Sancho Way". :love:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just tried out the assistant cheat and it did not work.
View attachment 2591832
the next screen after hitting confirm has View attachment 2591834 and Mia shows up.

Edit: The Dominique cheat worked for me.
Son of a .... damnit... I see the problem... I'll make a new build, I'm killing the pre-release link until resolved. I need a few minutes to change the code, compile, and upload the new link.

Thank you for checking this bud, I had it working but I accidentally re-used one small variable so it's a duplicate... ugh.

Nothing is borked with your playthrough... it's just that "cheat" didn't process... no harm no foul, so any save is still safe.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Son of a .... damnit... I see the problem... I'll make a new build, I'm killing the pre-release link until resolved. I need a few minutes to change the code, compile, and upload the new link.

Thank you for checking this bud, I had it working but I accidentally re-used one small variable so it's a duplicate... ugh.

Nothing is borked with your playthrough... it's just that "cheat" didn't process... no harm no foul, so any save is still safe.
Patiently waiting :LOL:
waiting.gif

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reactions: motseer

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
It's probably too spoilery, but a SanchoNote that Delilah is Kane's cousin might be wanted by some players (Nami true relationship denier type) before it gets to this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
However, most will play for a long time before knowing the truth since it is hidden in a specific path.

I'll give the current build a run tomorrow. I'm out for tonight.

Zod666

Nov 1, 2020
what do E.dom points stand for? is it like more points > more rank later? is there a threshold how many i need?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
what do E.dom points stand for? is it like more points > more rank later? is there a threshold how many i need?
E.DomPnts and E.SubPnts are not used for anything yet so I can't answer. They either stand for "Elena" or "Evaluation" points as far as I can gather to date. They are accumulated but not included in any conditional or function in the Season 1 code... we'll have to wait for next update to see. This is no different than when O.Pnts and Z.Pnts were introduced... it took us all until the following update to know what they were used for. Tess is sneaky like that bud, nothing I can do about it since she's the only one who knows what's planned in the future.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes