Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Duane Porter

Feb 15, 2018
HI Sancho, thank you for your mods. I was curious about the update of Karlssons Gambit 0.6Beta; will you update the mod or will you wait until the final version of 0.6?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
HI Sancho, thank you for your mods. I was curious about the update of Karlssons Gambit 0.6Beta; will you update the mod or will you wait until the final version of 0.6?
Sancho has always been clear that they will only mod the final version of each release

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Good morning.

I'll be porting the latest Core code over to this mod in preparation of whatever the heck is coming at us once the dev team sorts out all their new code. I've a suspicion this is going to be a bear to mod the next update depending on how much of the GUI the dev team changes. Updating the mod to my latest core will allow me to work the hooks into the new update more efficiently but I'll still have to go through it dang near line by line until I see exactly how far they dive into the deep end of the pool. Big changes generally bring about issues that were not accounted for so I need to prepare for the worst-case scenario.

Once I finish porting the new Core code over I'll go ahead and push it here just to keep the OP up to date as well (will still be based on VN v0.5b). The new Core is the one that adds a few new features but more importantly lays the foundational Python I may/may not need for the next update. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Ok, I've completed the last Core code porting, made many minor GUI tweaks (which may have been a waste of time or redundant later), and made the SanchoGallery a tad more efficient (there's only so much I can do with the old RenPy version the title is compiled on tbh). Now... I'm messing around with SanchoCheats and in the great internal debate: which stats are the most important to place in here so as not to overload the screen with senseless adjustments.

My knee-jerk reaction thinks just MC Good/Evil and Sis Good/Evil for now and then make a judgement call once the public update drops. Thoughts?

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Ok, I've completed the last Core code porting, made many minor GUI tweaks (which may have been a waste of time or redundant later), and made the SanchoGallery a tad more efficient (there's only so much I can do with the old RenPy version the title is compiled on tbh). Now... I'm messing around with SanchoCheats and in the great internal debate: which stats are the most important to place in here so as not to overload the screen with senseless adjustments.

My knee-jerk reaction thinks just MC Good/Evil and Sis Good/Evil for now and then make a judgement call once the public update drops. Thoughts?
got here
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
do want to send you the beta link

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
I'm just playing dom good then do the beta route then I upload it here since it takes Tess about a few days to add 3 screens into the final for all the people who can't wait it's the full update without the 3 screens that Test took out.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Current screen FWIW:
1654541341069.png

Last edited:

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
so now i need to try get back to k8 where i was without a walkthrough, this gonna end real bad lmao

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so now i need to try get back to k8 where i was without a walkthrough, this gonna end real bad lmao
Why? Do you have your v0.5 saves? If so DL the file in the mod's OP inside the "Uninstall" spoiler. Chunk that little dude inside the unmodded "game" folder, start the beta, and load the previous save. Done (or technically should be). Give it a shot. The file is very small and the only thing it does is negate Python calls and variables integral to the mod when it was installed. It will harm nothing and can always be deleted later if you change your mind.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
FYI folks, I've migrated the ChoiceGuide (up to end of v0.5) over to the latest beta dialogue scripting in preparation. I've looked at the other dev code and don't see anything that on final release will hamper me in any way. So, I'm going to leave the mod update on my end personally for when Final drops. What I'll have left to do:
  • Write the new chapter's dynamic ChoiceGuide (of course)
  • Populate whatever new scenes are appropriate into the SanchoGallery
  • Spend a little time tweaking the port to insure it's all polished and tight as you would expect.
That's it really. Working all day today for preparation will save me many hours later (I hope). Anyway, that's the skinny.

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Why? Do you have your v0.5 saves? If so DL the file in the mod's OP inside the "Uninstall" spoiler. Chunk that little dude inside the unmodded "game" folder, start the beta, and load the previous save. Done (or technically should be). Give it a shot. The file is very small and the only thing it does is negate Python calls and variables integral to the mod when it was installed. It will harm nothing and can always be deleted later if you change your mind.
yes i have my saves from then, i think i need to re read what you said 1000 times to understand what im doing though

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
yes i have my saves from then, i think i need to re read what you said 1000 times to understand what im doing though
Here, if it helps:
  1. DL the little file in the OP's "Uninstall" soiler.
  2. Extract that (there's only one little file in the zip) inside the beta's "game" folder (same place you would otherwise place a mod)
  3. Done.
Let me know if you have an issue and which step. We'll get you sorted.

Reactions: salkrim

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Here, if it helps:
  1. DL the little file in the OP's "Uninstall" soiler.
  2. Extract that (there's only one little file in the zip) inside the beta's "game" folder (same place you would otherwise place a mod)
  3. Done.
Let me know if you have an issue and which step. We'll get you sorted.
ahhhhhhhhhh, thank you!!! i didnt understand what OP meant and then found it before you let me know, you are a genius

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
ahhhhhhhhhh, thank you!!! i didnt understand what OP meant and then found it before you let me know, you are a genius
Let's save the genius for now until we verify your saves a solid (and they damn well should be). I can't currently test on my end as I only have the beta scripts, not the download due to my low bandwidth location at the moment.

Reactions: Skye and D9074

D9074

Feb 21, 2021
Let's save the genius for now until we verify your saves a solid (and they damn well should be). I can't currently test on my end as I only have the beta scripts, not the download due to my low bandwidth location at the moment.
i will let you know if anything is wrong but it loaded up my old save, appreciate it man

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Wow...break time for me. I'm half way through E6 writing the dynamic ChoiceGuide. Episode has a total of 93 choices (of course it depends on what routes your on, you won't get all choices in one playthrough). I've got a lock on all the Pts and Grade systems so all this prep work ahead of time will certainly pay off. I'd give you teaser pics but I'm still just coding away and haven't fired up the actual VN beta yet. I've passed some notes to Tess of some oddities I've found to see if they are bugs or simply arbitrary issues with no consequence.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes