Mod Ren'Py Karlsson's Gambit [S1 v0.7FinalB & S2 v0.8.1FinalA] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey,
not sure why, but i pasted the 3 things into the game folder. but it says not installed correctly. i dont get an error i just cant start a game with it. no traceback files or anything that pop up. just stuck on starting screen after i click start
The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.

steelmonkey76

Feb 4, 2021
I apologise if you have been asked this question and I have looked but I've been trying to get your mod working with Joiplay using compressed pc versions also Wills, estradas and another android version I found floating on another site but no matter what I do they all just close down to background so I click on them to bring up again, they restart then same thing again. If I take the mid out obviously all versions work fine. Now I am a determined person because I've been trying since you released it and I'm sure 6.1 worked when I had that version sixish months ago but am I doing something wrong or it just won't work on Android anymore ?

registrate88

Dec 19, 2019
hey,
not sure why, but i pasted the 3 things into the game folder. but it says not installed correctly. i dont get an error i just cant start a game with it. no traceback files or anything that pop up. just stuck on starting screen after i click start
Is your game a compressed version of SonsOfLiberty's? (https://f95zone.to/threads/karlssons-gambit-v0-7b-final-grym-gudinna-games.50840/post-10621667). In my case, it is, and what you described is exactly what happened to me. If you delete the 3 files from the mod and restart the game runs fine, but of course without the mod :/

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and it will work 100% every time.
Is 'compression' a part of "shenanigans"? Just want to know if you are willing to fix for the compressed version.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is your game a compressed version of SonsOfLiberty's? (https://f95zone.to/threads/karlssons-gambit-v0-7b-final-grym-gudinna-games.50840/post-10621667). In my case, it is, and what you described is exactly what happened to me. If you delete the 3 files from the mod and restart the game runs fine, but of course without the mod :/

Is 'compression' a part of "shenanigans"? Just want to know if you are willing to fix for the compressed version.
Bud look at the posting date of the compression post you linked to, that compression you linked to is from mid-April... that's the testing version of the old v0.7 build... it's not even v0.7a and certainly not v0.7b

But to answer your other question, no. Compressed VN's are not shenanigans. Shenanigans are decompiling files, modification of files, etc... I can't provide technical that way.

SonsOLiberty, can you direct this fella to your v0.7a or v0.7b build?

Reactions: registrate88

registrate88

Dec 19, 2019
Bud look at the date of the compression post, that compression you linked to is from mid-April... that's the testing version of the old v0.7 Testing build... it's not even v0.7a and certainly not v0.7b

But to answer your other question, no. Compressed VN's are not shenanigans. Shenanigans are decompiling files, modification of files, etc... I can't provide technical that way.

Oh my bad, I thought the 0.7a was the first of the 0.7 builds. Thanks, I'll wait for the updates.

Edit : Thank you too SonsOLiberty for the replies below

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Bud look at the posting date of the compression post you linked to, that compression you linked to is from mid-April... that's the testing version of the old v0.7 build... it's not even v0.7a and certainly not v0.7b

I'm not sure I need to, there is an official compressed post now.

Check this comment here.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh my bad, I thought the 0.7a was the first of the 0.7 builds. Thanks, I'll wait for the updates.
If SonsOLiberty made a v0.7a build, I'm pretty damn sure that's what I used to update the mod on. Otherwise the official compressions should be fine to use although I haven't personally looked at them nor used them. SOL tends to get me compressed links directly as a priority so I can start updating my code.

Edit: DOH!!! beat me to it. Facepalm away at this post

Impaler

May 18, 2017
hey,
I'm getting the same issue. Downloaded most recent versions of VN and mod, dropped files in "game" folder of VN root directory, and it should work, right? It's pretty much like any other mod and I've used Sancho's mods plenty of times, but this one won't for some reason.

Jedvin

Jan 30, 2019
I'm getting the same issue. Downloaded most recent versions of VN and mod, dropped files in "game" folder of VN root directory, and it should work, right? It's pretty much like any other mod and I've used Sancho's mods plenty of times, but this one won't for some reason.
I'm in the same boat. I downloaded the official compressed version, but the mod is not installing correctly. maybe that version has some added "shenanigans"? because my previous saves weren't showing up. I found out that the game save folder in appdata/roaming/renpy changed from "Test1" to "tess2"

HorneyMoon

Oct 7, 2018
Having the same thing as the guys above my post. The official compressed game version b (Gofile repository) + the mod from the respectful mod page. And there is a notice that the mod is NOT installed correctly.
The New game refuses to start either and just hangs (works without the mod)

Last edited:
Reactions: Seriosha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I downloaded the official compressed version, but the mod is not installing correctly. maybe that version has some added "shenanigans"? because my previous saves weren't showing up. I found out that the game save folder in appdata/roaming/renpy changed from "Test1" to "tess2"
Having the same thing as the guys above my post. The official compressed game version b (Gofile repository) + the mod from the respectful mod page. And there is a notice that the mod is NOT installed correctly.
Good morning. Well, I'll have to DL the "official compressed" and see what's going on. My guess is that the dev team didn't package it correctly and has loose scripts in it and not the correct archive packaging. I have a dollar that says the dev team doesn't even know as I bet this "official compressed" was done by some third-party and not the team themselves.

DoverUK25 Hey bud, when you and I were collaborating on v0.7b pathes/scripts, did that script file we used come from the dev's uncompressed (full) DL?

SonsOLiberty Bud, if you have the spare bandwidth, can you DL the compressed and look inside it's zip? Is it loose scripts (rpy and rpyc files) or proper archives (rpa extensions). I'm at the cabin studio in the middle of the forest and I just don't have the smoke signal/dialup speeds to check personally.

Edit: Strikethoughs on previous questions I now have answers to.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
hey,

Edit : Thank you too SonsOLiberty for the replies below
Okay folks, I'm not going to have you wait while the dev team and their respective "helpers" get their shit together... again.

Since you already have this fucked up "official" compressed downloaded let's resolve it so you don't waste more of your personal bandwidth and more of your personal time. As always I've got your back, even when shit hits the fan.

For the current "official" compressed version as of the time and date of this post there are three steps to installation instead of the normal two. Follow the instruction EXACTLY please:

Using the fucked up compressed VN, the installation process is three steps, and only these three (for PC in English):
  2. Now, look inside the "/game" folder and delete all the files that end in ".rpy" and ".rpyc" as shown below. You can click the "Type" button bar to sort by extension to ease this process. Be very careful to not accidentally delete any files ending in any other extension. This step is VERY important!
  3. 1683639311199.png (disregard the #3 here, this is a pic reference for step #2)
  4. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
Now, don't do anything else but start the VN.

That'll get you done... I hope. I'd apologize for the inconvenience but it's an inconvenience I had no part in making so I won't. Let me know if you have further issues.

Regards.

Thanks deuxrayme for confirming my hunch alongside me. Appreciate ya bud.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Now... since I just woke up and saw this mess I really need that first cup of coffee and get ready to start my day. I'll be back later.

I'll add the above post link to the OP to help eliminate confusion on installation until the dev team sorts out their business.

DoverUK25

Oct 16, 2021
Sorry to hear people are having problems with the compressed. I only downloaded and re-uploaded the links to Mega, which I got from Tess Patron's page, and then gave my Mega links to Cirelc. They even messed up the Android.

Impaler

May 18, 2017
Okay folks, I'm not going to have you wait while the dev team and their respective "helpers" get their shit together... again.

Since you already have this fucked up "official" compressed downloaded let's resolve it so you don't waste more of your personal bandwidth and more of your personal time. As always I've got your back, even when shit hits the fan.

For the current "official" compressed version as of the time and date of this post there are three steps to installation instead of the normal two. Follow the instruction EXACTLY please:

Using the fucked up compressed VN, the installation process is three steps, and only these three (for PC in English):
  2. Now, look inside the "/game" folder and delete all the files that end in ".rpy" and ".rpyc" as shown below. You can click the "Type" button bar to sort by extension to ease this process. Be very careful to not accidentally delete any files ending in any other extension. This step is VERY important!
  3. View attachment 2607935 (disregard the #3 here, this is a pic reference for step #2)
  4. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
Now, don't do anything else but start the VN.

That'll get you done... I hope. I'd apologize for the inconvenience but it's an inconvenience I had no part in making so I won't. Let me know if you have further issues.

Regards.

Thanks deuxrayme for confirming my hunch alongside me. Appreciate ya bud.
Absolutely based

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sorry to hear people are having problems with the compressed. I only downloaded and re-uploaded the links to Mega, which I got from Tess Patron's page, and then gave my Mega links to Cirelc. They even messed up the Android.
Not your fault bud, and no one should be blaming you. If they are then send them to me. I have all the facts required, I've got your back just as you've had everyone else's.

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
Well, those who are having problem of "after clicking start the game freezes on the start screen pic" on joiplay, it maybe a joiplay problem rather than a problem with the mod.
I first noticed the problem around this time, after the KGv6 mod ran with no problems around this time. I've tried other Sancho mods after this & they all had the same screen freezing result.
Sancho can try to find the compatibility issue if he's curious, but it's better handled by the Joiplay devs I think. Here's why:
Joiplay in general doesn't mesh well with mods that add extra buttons, change the quick menu, etc. I've been seeing recently. Like the 'cheat menu' option never appears on the quick menu since joiplay probably forces quick menu to be active with high priority, overriding any mod code. Similarly, any cheat button doesn't seem to appear on the screen. (Didn't have these problems earlier, probably the result of certain renpy/joiplay updates)
I've been overcoming this by adding the cheat menu on the main menu by editing the screens.rpy.
SanchoMod probably adds a lot of custom stuff which conflicts with Joiplay's hardcoded stuff, resulting in the screen freeze.
Idk, Sancho can investigate if curious.

Like I said on the glowing stones post, sad that I can't use it on this version of KG (I'll give it a try, but it probably won't work based on the comments I see). Means my saves are also gone.
Oh well, I probably would have started a full playthru of season 1 completed anyway, and I usually go through the code anyway & can achieve everything the mod did through the console. So no worries (y)
It was a very convenient mod though, so sad :cry:

Edit: Yup. Tried it & it's the same. Freezes on start-up when using mod, but starts normally without mod. Thanks again for the KGv6.2 mod, since that seems to be the only SanchoMod I've played. Keep up the good work (y)
PS: Anyone running into quick_menu not defined in joiplay, just replace "if quick_menu:" in line 1498 of screens.rpy with "if True:".

steelmonkey76 Joiplay won't work with SanchoMod it seems

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Well, those who are having problem of "after clicking start the game freezes on the start screen pic" on joiplay, it maybe a joiplay problem rather than a problem with the mod.
I first noticed the problem around this time, after the KGv6 mod ran with no problems around this time. I've tried other Sancho mods after this & they all had the same screen freezing result.
Sancho can try to find the compatibility issue if he's curious, but it's better handled by the Joiplay devs I think. Here's why:
Joiplay in general doesn't mesh well with mods that add extra buttons, change the quick menu, etc. I've been seeing recently. Like the 'cheat menu' option never appears on the quick menu since joiplay probably forces quick menu to be active with high priority, overriding any mod code. Similarly, any cheat button doesn't seem to appear on the screen. (Didn't have these problems earlier, probably the result of certain renpy/joiplay updates)
I've been overcoming this by adding the cheat menu on the main menu by editing the screens.rpy.
SanchoMod probably adds a lot of custom stuff which conflicts with Joiplay's hardcoded stuff, resulting in the screen freeze.
Idk, Sancho can investigate if curious.

Like I said on the glowing stones post, sad that I can't use it on this version of KG (I'll give it a try, but it probably won't work based on the comments I see). Means my saves are also gone.
Oh well, I probably would have started a full playthru of season 1 completed anyway, and I usually go through the code anyway & can achieve everything the mod did through the console. So no worries (y)
It was a very convenient mod though, so sad :cry:

Edit: Yup. Tried it & it's the same. Freezes on start-up when using mod, but starts normally without mod. Thanks again for the KGv6.2 mod, since that seems to be the only SanchoMod I've played. Keep up the good work (y)
PS: Anyone running into quick_menu not defined in joiplay, just replace "if quick_menu:" in line 1498 of screens.rpy with "if True:".

steelmonkey76 Joiplay won't work with SanchoMod it seems
Bud... you're overthinking it a bit. It's all summed up on the joiplay homepage:

1683899616628.png

SanchoMod does indeed depend on APIs, some custom. That's it in a nutshell. I'll sort it when I have time... which right now I don't.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes