Loxxxthenasty

May 1, 2020
Karlsson's Gambit [v0.8.1 Part I] [Grym Gudinna Games]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac:
- MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season 1:

Karlsson's Gambit [v0.7b Final] [Grym Gudinna Games]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
-MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:
-MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Keep getting an error at s1 start after pressing start at title screen it crashes...
This happened with and without the mod

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Keep getting an error at s1 start after pressing start at title screen it crashes...
This happened with and without the mod
If you want help, share either a screenshot of your error or the traceback.txt, which you can find, where the the KG.exe is.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
Pretty everybody has played the update, so we can talk about it without spoilers, right? :LOL:

One thing that I didn't like... or more precisely left me umm... worried? Is that with Veronica's calculations (and we know she's fucking on spot on scientific matters), if the planet is so screwed... Then the gambit, the revolution, the renewal project... everything is futile. In the non-remote future, only island four matters.

I really hope things can be reversed at least to a certain point. Otherwise, the game could start being uninteresting, IMHO, like, why bother about anything else than Island 4?
I think better keep hiding spoilers, not all people can play all the content in one day :LOL: .
But yeah, i think the most important thing if the world is ending in the research from Veronica and Island 4 ,but it´s important keep trying to win the Gambit or even mimic all is good for evite unnecessary panic and have all resolve when the research bears fruit.

Reactions: BurgRoyce

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I kinda hope for some anal action in the future updates, because so far only Kane's been getting any. :LOL:
Jaysus man...I thought you meant you...well...never mind...you mean giving it...not taking it :ROFLMAO:
Pretty everybody has played the update, so we can talk about it without spoilers, right? :LOL:

Anyway...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think better keep hiding spoilers, not all people can play all the content in one day :LOL: .
But yeah, i think the most important thing if the world is ending in the research from Veronica and Island 4 ,but it´s important keep trying to win the Gambit or even mimic all is good for evite unnecessary panic and have all resolve when the research bears fruit.
I think there's a few things to take into account here, or at the very least bear in mind giving what we know of certain characters (albeit from others):

So if the world is at an end (and given what we know of the next story from Tess, that's likely...), then Cole has been working/researching for nothing. That also means, so have Veronica and Dominique...so that in itself leads to some questions.

1. Why? Is Coles research just rubbish and it really is an exile.
2. Did they once believe they could fix things but now Veronica believes it's untennable?
3. If either of the first two, surely, from what we know of Cole, he'd know this already...he's supposed to be the best. Surely at some point over the last 20 odd years, he'd realise it was all futile...no?

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
I have a question about the update, specifically what's revealed with Sancho's mod: the game says that Chloe has displayed sadistic tendencies, thus she is under consideration, along with Angelica, for an executive position. Dominique and Alessandra ask who Kane wants as the Pod Boss for the game, but the sadistic Chloe, according to the code, is favored by Dominique, not Alessandra. Why? Especially when the mine test shows Angelica as more the team-player than self-focused Chloe?

So if the world is at an end (and given what we know of the next story from Tess, that's likely...), then Cole has been working/researching for nothing. That also means, so have Veronica and Dominique...so that in itself leads to some questions.

1. Why? Is Coles research just rubbish and it really is an exile.
2. Did they once believe they could fix things but now Veronica believes it's untennable?
3. If either of the first two, surely, from what we know of Cole, he'd know this already...he's supposed to be the best. Surely at some point over the last 20 odd years, he'd realise it was all futile...no?
Veronica and Dominique mention in the lab scene that the Restoration Project is only 6 months old, but clearly Island 4 has been going on for years. It seems like Veronica, taking a cue from Callista, had multiple plans, with Island 4 being "The Final Contingency". Since Dominique and Cole are positive of their future progress, and Veronica's interaction with Dominique also conveys optimism, with Veronica volunteering to add an additional genius to the project. So it seems like Veronica didn't finalize her conclusion until after that conversation, and hasn't yet shared her findings with Dominique. It appears all they're telling Cole is: "here's the experiment, let us know the results... oh, and Kane and Callista are dead"

Last edited:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I have a question about the update, specifically what's revealed with Sancho's mod: the game says that Chloe has displayed sadistic tendencies, thus she is under consideration, along with Angelica, for an executive position. Dominique and Alessandra ask who Kane wants as the Pod Boss for the game, but the sadistic Chloe, according to the code, is favored by Dominique, not Alessandra. Why? Especially when the mine test shows Angelica as more the team-player than self-focused Chloe?
You need to play all paths. Chloe is a subordinate of Dominique (shows this on the character pdf btw)...on the subpath in the mines (working for Dominique), you get a scene either with Sonya or Chloe, with Dominique present. Both hot scenes actually, especially Sonja...but then I like her lol.

Chloe is a mini-kitty. She will do what she has to to escape the k4 track. Because she belongs to Dominique, anything that favours her will grant points like that (including the afformentioned sub scene if you pick Chloe).

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
On another note, for Joiplay users:
The game will not start properly with or without the mod.

Sancho mod uses functions not found in Joiplay & idk if he had time to look at an workaround.
So no Sancho mod for Joiplay users, otherwise the game will just freeze on start or load.

Even without the mod, there's an error of 'quick_menu' is not defined, when playing in Joiplay.
Here's a simple workaround that works on season 2 atleast. Should technically work for season 1 too (I remember it had the same 'quick_menu' not defined problem).

Remember, this is for Joiplay only.
If you don't know what that is, this doesn't affect you.

Just drop Joiplay.rpy into the game/ folder (where the script.rpa is located, where you usually put patch/mod files)

I don't think many play on Joiplay but hopefully they'll find this if they search for Joiplay.

EDIT: Some people seem to be having problems downloading the attached .rpy file. Added a rar file for them. It's the same file, just archived so it downloads on clicking instead of opening the file in a new tab.

Reminder: It should be obvious, but remember to use the latest update from the (public release should be fine)

Last edited:

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
You need to play all paths. Chloe is a subordinate of Dominique (shows this on the character pdf btw)...on the subpath in the mines (working for Dominique), you get a scene either with Sonya or Chloe, with Dominique present. Both hot scenes actually, especially Sonja...but then I like her lol.

Chloe is a mini-kitty. She will do what she has to to escape the k4 track. Because she belongs to Dominique, anything that favours her will grant points like that (including the afformentioned sub scene if you pick Chloe).
Weird that Tess would have story elements that don't come into play on separate paths/realities. Dom never sees Chloe in the mines, but Sub never manages W2 Pod (and thus can't assign Chloe as boss).

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Weird that Tess would have story elements that don't come into play on separate paths/realities. Dom never sees Chloe in the mines, but Sub never manages W2 Pod (and thus can't assign Chloe as boss).
You're not the first to mention....

I like it personally...and VN's like it. Enourages repeat playthroughs to 'see' all the content and it's surprising how many little things like this crop up in KG....which give you a far greater understanding and better overall view of what is happening, who is connected to who etc etc (the only reason I have sub saves).

Very similar in a way to Meredith (Sunshine13) in how you can already be aware of her existence if you do Julie's work experience.

As an aside, you'd also notice the connection if you looked at my character sheet :sneaky: :ROFLMAO:...hint hint, wink wink....

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
It's just how life works. You don't see what's happening on the other side of the wall.
Compared to this, more annoying/perplexing instances happened with Seth: You have no idea how he ends up in Kiyomi's cage on the dom path.
Imo Chloe situation is fine & a good representation of this, but in the Seth scene, adding a few lines of explanation on the dom path (or even just show the Olivia scene. More Olivia scenes are always a good thing :love:) would've been good from a storytelling perspective

(the only reason I have sub saves).
I just read the script. I have no problem with femdom as long as I don't see/imagine the sub as my protag :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
the chloe scene affects nothing. Just a fun little bit of knowledge.

So our new flag is worthy son and that comes down to whether or not Olivia is evil. Will be interesting how those points come into play in the future

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020

So our new flag is worthy son and that comes down to whether or not Olivia is evil. Will be interesting how those points come into play in the future
Which scene? It does affect stuff going forward we have not seen yet (variable point deduction with who you do not pick). Or do you mean the subpath sex scene?

For record (for those interested), there are actually 24 new flags to trigger, 3 new point variables between KaneLivia and 10 new temporary points variables (on sub path).

Should have all sheets finished for 0.8 later for those waiting.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021

That's my puzzlement. I have an evil Olivia, and I got the point. So is it worthy in Callista's eyes, or worthy in Elena's eyes, as the choice seemed more pro-evil. I could see either way, as maybe Callista wants Kane to see just how evil KG is, and thus when the pivotal choice comes, he either rejects or changes KG.

It's just how life works. You don't see what's happening on the other side of the wall.
Compared to this, more annoying/perplexing instances happened with Seth: You have no idea how he ends up in Kiyomi's cage on the dom path.
Imo Chloe situation is fine & a good representation of this, but in the Seth scene, adding a few lines of explanation on the dom path (or even just show the Olivia scene. More Olivia scenes are always a good thing :love:) would've been good from a storytelling perspective
Tess and others have compared this to Mass Effect, and what they did right was while there would be choice-based missed content, this was always result-content, not establishment or continuity content, so you always knew what kind of content you were missing out on, and thus were choosing to avoid, and paid the consequences accordingly with little surprise.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
That's my puzzlement. I have an evil Olivia, and I got the point. So is it worthy in Callista's eyes, or worthy in Elena's eyes, as the choice seemed more pro-evil. I could see either way, as maybe Callista wants Kane to see just how evil KG is, and thus when the pivotal choice comes, he either rejects or changes KG.
the variable triggers for you with the points if you are aligned with Elena. This is actually an Elena trigger point, not Kane and not Olivia, though like many PrincessEyes points it's Kane who 'makes the choice' and gains the points. I've added this to the Kane section of my save sheet for ease of use. This has nothing to do with Callista, Callista is not Olivia's mother...Elena is ;)

Think of this as are you worthy of being Elena's 'son' (she wants you to be with her daughter remember) and also think of it as the SisTeam/SisBro points. Are you aligned with her way thinking or not?

You can get this point on a Good path also for the record.

Reactions: Sharpshooter890

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021

Veronica and Dominique mention in the lab scene that the Restoration Project is only 6 months old, but clearly Island 4 has been going on for years. It seems like Veronica, taking a cue from Callista, had multiple plans, with Island 4 being "The Final Contingency". Since Dominique and Cole are positive of their future progress, and Veronica's interaction with Dominique also conveys optimism, with Veronica volunteering to add an additional genius to the project. So it seems like Veronica didn't finalize her conclusion until after that conversation, and hasn't yet shared her findings with Dominique. It appears all they're telling Cole is: "here's the experiment, let us know the results... oh, and Kane and Callista are dead"
Cuz Angelica is clearly the smarter of the 2. Watch how chloe answers kane's questions and then watch how Angelica answers them. Alessandra would appreciate someone like Angelica more than she would appreciate someone like Chloe who's best talent is sucking up

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Which scene? It does affect stuff going forward we have not seen yet (variable point deduction with who you do not pick). Or do you mean the subpath sex scene?

For record (for those interested), there are actually 24 new flags to trigger, 3 new point variables between KaneLivia and 10 new temporary points variables (on sub path).

Should have all sheets finished for 0.8 later for those waiting.
I typed that wrong, I meant knowing who chloe is connected to. That being said, the scene in this update only means anything for angelika since she's an endgame romance option while chloe isn't.

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
I mean, isn't that a description of Patricia? Certainly seems that way in her interactions with Alessandra.
I would say the two are incredibly similar.

The difference between Chloe and Angelica is, Angelica can think for herself and as she says to Kane...while she will obey when she has to, can you tame her to obey because she wants to? Alessandra I imagine when she can get it, much prefers that...over just stupid blind loyalty out of fear/respect/self-preservation.

I typed that wrong, I meant knowing who chloe is connected to. That being said, the scene in this update only means anything for angelika since she's an endgame romance option while chloe isn't.
Gotya.

However, would counter with (LI or not), then why do all the pod girls have a desire stat?

Reactions: Sharpshooter890

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
Also, the biggest shocker for me this week is Juliette telling Mercy not to be like Samantha. If anything, I figured Juliette would've loved someone like samantha

I mean, isn't that a description of Patricia? Certainly seems that way in her interactions with Alessandra.
True. Funnily enough even in this update, she comments on kissing people's asses on the yacht That being said, Chloe's of no use to her while Pat is so that makes her even less valuable.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.40 star(s) 146 Votes