Hipz

May 25, 2019
If anyone still wondering "Will the save file we play thus far would be compatible with the full released version?"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Basically, yes, it will be fully compatible. However don't use them in the demo. They didn't say what would happend exactly. It will corrupt the save file I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: EmperorSly

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
I ain't sure if that'll work.
My mate from Germany asked me to buy either CS GO or it was something else, since it's cheaper in Russia.
However, the game couldn't be played due to the region lock.
In Russia and a few other countries games bought on their territories might be played only when you're in the region, or something along these lines. There might be the same problem with H-games if they ain't just hidden from the store/blocked from purchasing but locked from playing as well.
That's why you need to get it gifted from the same region. The problem you had was due to regional pricing. Games from Russia simply don't work outside of Russia iirc. Could be the same thing with India or whatever. But games that are censored in Germany or Australia due to their strict video game censorship laws do work if you trade for them or get them gifted from another EU country or a region with similar prices to EU like USA. One could also "travel" abroad to buy a game they want.

SerCumaLot

Nov 29, 2020
But games that are censored in Germany or Australia due to their strict video game censorship laws do work if you trade for them or get them gifted from another EU country or a region with similar prices to EU like USA. One could also "travel" abroad to buy a game they want.
It's not the game itself that gets censored though, there are a lot of very explicit adult games on German Steam.
The problem is the game page and the pictures and other media on there. That needs to be censored or rather Steam would need to set up an age verification process that prevents minors from seeing these images while browsing Steam.
Something more robust than just asking for your age. Steam won't do that so these games then get banned.
So if the Steam page was SFW then the game wouldn't be censored.
Still fucking stupid but it's not just the law that is the problem, it's also that Steam chooses to rather block the games and lose the income than set something up for this specific market. Which kinda surprises me tbh, I expect they lose a lot of income this way.

Reactions: Turboteam and Nykus

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
It's not the game itself that gets censored though, there are a lot of very explicit adult games on German Steam.
The problem is the game page and the pictures and other media on there. That needs to be censored or rather Steam would need to set up an age verification process that prevents minors from seeing these images while browsing Steam.
Something more robust than just asking for your age. Steam won't do that so these games then get banned.
So if the Steam page was SFW then the game wouldn't be censored.
Still fucking stupid but it's not just the law that is the problem, it's also that Steam chooses to rather block the games and lose the income than set something up for this specific market. Which kinda surprises me tbh, I expect they lose a lot of income this way.
I more had the games like Wolfenstein and Hearts of Iron that have Nazi symbols in mind with my comment. I think those games themselves are censored in Germany. Although I believe their laws are getting more lax with stuff like that recently. Australia on the other hand is draconian with video game censorship as far as I know.

Point being that you can still obtain the uncensored or unavailable versions if you trade for them or get them gifted from an appropriate region. (Or fuck around with VPNs but that could get your whole account flagged so I wouldn't experiment with that without knowing exactly if it's safe or not)

davinki

Apr 22, 2020
German here so I had to deal with this shit already and can add 2 things:
Steam keys will work even if you can't access the game's Steam page (unless you bought a key for the wrong region). But you obviously have to buy it somewhere else. Like a reseller, but I doubt this game will show up on one of those in the near future.
Second thing, VPN won't help, your Steam account is linked to a country and that's what decides if you have to deal with this bullshit or not. And it's not that easy to change the country.
Open your VPN add a game to your steam shopping cart, than you can change your country / region at cart page temporarily

Mar 25, 2020
For those who have problems with steam regions. I would suggest to google "avg secure vpn download". AVG offers 7 day free trial of high quality VPN. Used it for months for Lost Ark, had perfect ping.

Reactions: hecknuts

Begogo8786

Mar 19, 2018
Surfshark has a deal, 2 years for 55 euros. has pretty good reviews all around, so that's what I'm using.
Having a VPN has been pretty useful since moving to the EU.

4.60 star(s) 394 Votes