trifork

Mar 22, 2020
I'm having the same problem, and have a previous download from back in August that works. Current upload may be broken. I have a new folder that generates named "logs" that contains these strings. My August version does not generate these logs. Please advise. Thanks

Found steam issue, currently necking myself...
what did you do to fix the steam issue? I'm having the same problem you had

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Can someone tell me what is the thought process of someone who opens steam for playing a pirated game? I legit don't get it, are they trying to get their account banned or something?
You're not going to get your account banned for playing pirated games on Steam, I have done this for years and many people also do this to play multiplayer depending on the game.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
You're not going to get your account banned for playing pirated games on Steam, I have done this for years and many people also do this to play multiplayer depending on the game.
I've used those multiplayer cracks in the past. The thing is they usually come with a warning such as "do not use it with your main account". Just because you didn't get banned doesn't mean you won't get banned. Risk is always there and it is all up to valve to ban users who use these or not. One day they could decide to flip a switch on steam(figuratively speaking) and ban thousands, maybe millions of accounts that used pirated games.

Also, they can easily detect regular/singleplayer cracked games you are playing while steam is open. I guarantee you they already know which accounts used and are still using multiplayer cracks(due to the nature of those cracks, they still use steamapi). Why take the risk? This is what I don't understand.

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I've used those multiplayer cracks in the past. The thing is they usually come with a warning such as "do not use it with your main account". Just because you didn't get banned doesn't mean you won't get banned.
Warning is there so they can't be held responsible IF in-case anything happens to you by the use of it.
Suggestion to use an alt acc is for people that are paranoid, who absolutely don't want to take even a minuscule amount of risk but it is also a good practice. I personally don't care enough to isolate pirated games on alt acc though.

Risk is always there and it is all up to valve to ban users who use these or not. One day they could decide to flip a switch on steam(figuratively speaking) and ban thousands, maybe millions of accounts that used pirated games.

Why take the risk? This is what I don't understand.
There are risks in a lot of things, even modding a singleplayer game could give them enough justification to remove your license or ban you.

But it's extremely unlikely that Valve would want to risk losing so many of their customers by banning pirates as many pirates still make legitimate purchases on Steam.
They're also the same company who said "One thing that we have learned is that piracy is not a pricing issue. It’s a service issue." so, chances of them banning pirates(which doesn't even benefit them at all) over cracked singleplayer/multiplayer games is as high as me getting married one day which is close to non-existent. :KEK:

• Sad
Reactions: Nemesis Navro

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
so, chances of them banning pirates(which doesn't even benefit them at all) over cracked singleplayer/multiplayer games is as high as me getting married one day which is close to non-existent. :KEK:
Money talks, if enough developers tells valve to "fix this shit or we're leaving" they'll definitely start to care about pirates more. Though this is a hypothetical situation, it is still a possibility. Well, I for one am not taking any chances, good luck to you guys, I hope valve doesn't decide to ban all pirate accounts one day ;)

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Money talks, if enough developers tells valve to "fix this shit or we're leaving" they'll definitely start to care about pirates more.
I don't think developers can/will request such an unreasonable demand from a service. Especially not indie devs, at best, some will pay for a DRM but lets assume "enough" devs did demand it and Valve listened.

Like I've said, they'll be losing a lot of customers including innocents that will get caught in the crossfire which would mean they'll lose significantly more money compared to the money they'll lose by "enough" devs leaving. If money talks, they will absolutely never make such a suicidal decision.

I hope valve doesn't decide to ban all pirate accounts one day
Again, that's the same as you hoping for me to not get married, the possibility of life on Earth going extinct is much higher than either of those things happening.

So, we'll definitely be fine, no need to worry about us pirates. :devilish:
But, hey, you do you if you truly believe in such possibility ever happening in our lifetime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
I don't think developers can/will request such an unreasonable demand from a service. Especially not indie devs, at best, some will pay for a DRM but lets assume "enough" devs did demand it and Valve listened.

Like I've said, they'll be losing a lot of customers including innocents that will get caught in the crossfire which would mean they'll lose significantly more money compared to the money they'll lose by "enough" devs leaving. If money talks, they will absolutely never make such a suicidal decision.

Again, that's the same as you hoping for me to not get married, the possibility of life on Earth going extinct is much higher than either of those things happening.

So, we'll definitely be fine, no need to worry about us pirates. :devilish:
But, hey, you do you if you truly believe in such possibility ever happening in our lifetime ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I might be probably a little bit paranoid of losing my single steam account that I have all my games in it but I think it is better to be safe than sorry.

I am still using pirated games though, I just don't make it obvious to valve by putting them in my steam library, playing them while steam is spying on background or worse playing using an online crack that actually uses steam's own systems. That's too many red flags for me :cautious:

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Yeah I might be probably a little bit paranoid of losing my single steam account that I have all my games in it but I think it is better to be safe than sorry.
By that logic, you should also be safe by avoiding modding Steam games, adding non-steam games, having Steam running while playing non-steam/DRM free/other platform games whether they're pirated or not, etc.

I am still using pirated games though, I just don't make it obvious to valve by putting them in my steam library, playing them while steam is spying on background or worse playing using an online crack that actually uses steam's own systems. That's too many red flags for me :cautious:
The thing is, your red flags are based purely on an assumption though. If they were actually true, that would be a huge breach of privacy and Steam can get sued for it.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
By that logic, you should also be safe by avoiding modding Steam games, adding non-steam games, having Steam running while playing non-steam/DRM free/other platform games whether they're pirated or not, etc.

The thing is, your red flags are based purely on an assumption though. If they were actually true, that would be a huge breach of privacy and Steam can get sued for it.
All I am gonna say is steam can easily detect if you are playing a cracked game or legit one(yes that includes epic, gog etc). This is my last post on this matter.

naatsui

Mar 2, 2019
All I am gonna say is steam can easily detect if you are playing a cracked game or legit one(yes that includes epic, gog etc). This is my last post on this matter.
They cant even make a proper drm. How can you say they can easily detect it...They even put games up on sale that are literally just copies of cracked games...(midnight club 2 iirc)

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
I highly doubt that, do you have any evidence to support your claim? And how can they tell if a DRM free game is legit or pirated? There is no way.

Even then, just because they can do something, doesn't mean they will do that as they can will get into legal troubles.

Last edited:

theksandr

Aug 22, 2021
Rem announced an update with "the new dodge pose" today. Is it an alternative pose or did they just rework the existing one?

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
Update games and mods.
Why being so vague ? I'm using the last version available on this site and the last version of the mods that we can find

Dos CC mod only work with the Steam version now or something ?

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Why being so vague ? I'm using the last version available on this site and the last version of the mods that we can find
You are NOT using "last version available on this site". He is not vague, the message is clear, download latest version of the game and download and install latest version of the mod again.

Xaoyu

Dec 31, 2017
You are NOT using "last version available on this site". He is not vague, the message is clear, download latest version of the game and download and install latest version of the mod again.
you say that 'cause in the error msg it's said i'm using the 1.2.6 ? yea that's weird... i'm downloading the game again and see if it work. Thanks.

EDIT : yes it works. I should have dl an old compressed version without noticing.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 403 Votes