captainboo

Oct 17, 2017
Is there a mod to adjust her stats? By the time I get to unlock the later sidejob her slut level of through the roof. Want to see her reaction to those job with low level

ThatHero

May 28, 2021
You know, after reading the last few pages that brought up the Gym DLC, I am surprised that on a basic level the job doesn't give you anything that actually helps with your journey.

When it first came out, I definitely expected it to have some kind of positive effect on combat or income. I wonder how hard it would be to mod something like that in once the game stops getting major updates...

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
You know, after reading the last few pages that brought up the Gym DLC, I am surprised that on a basic level the job doesn't give you anything that actually helps with your journey.

When it first came out, I definitely expected it to have some kind of positive effect on combat or income. I wonder how hard it would be to mod something like that in once the game stops getting major updates...
It wouldn't be too hard, one just needs to know javascript enough to write the code that gives player those effects you are talking about. Modders have created more complicated mods, this one should be a piece of cake for them. But I doubt anyone is interested in gym dlc enough to make mods for it.

Reactions: mamaboiii

Kunt

May 6, 2018

What is the point of the job really? It literally lvls up the enemies, why would you do that? Anyone knows?

zazazaku

Jan 21, 2021
What is the point of the job really? It literally lvls up the enemies, why would you do that? Anyone knows?
I think it also boosts Karryn's EXP gain, but definitely not enough to be worth it.

You can actually use the job to level DOWN the prisoners: if they're unable to finish their workout and leave tired, they lose one level, and if you force them to leave by blueballing them, they lose two levels, afaik.

But all that means you already need H skills to utilize the job for your own benefit. There is no beneficial way to play it at a low slut level or as a masochistic Karryn. Somewhat disappointing, but I still like the job for what it is.

Sep 1, 2020
It is not "overly dramatic negative comments". It is a well deserved feedback for the shitty state of gym dlc. No one is obligated to call a turd "beautiful" when everyone knows it is a turd in the end. Especially when said turd came from the same cook who provided amazingly tasty meals before.

But you are qualifying any negative feedback as "overly dramatic negative comments". Hmm... It is almost as if you can't stand seeing people criticize your precious developer for something they did.

So what you are saying is even when I am right you are still going to disagree because of who I am :KEK: Nice logic.
Calling something shit is unnecessary and unhelpful, not to mention hyperbolic. It is discouraging, and it provides nothing constructive. Here is an example of constructive criticism:

The gym DLC isn't working for my tastes. I don't like how the prisoners have no onus, I wanted more positions, and I am not sure what the point of doing the side job as the reward aside from costume seems unworth.

Once again, lots of totally valid criticism. It is about the delivery of the criticism. I agree with large swaths of what you are attempting to say. It just needs to be in a less petulant way.

And yes. It doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, it does become more difficult to take petulant people seriously.

Everyone will tell you everywhere: When hiring people I would ten times rather have someone I could work with who is mediocre than some "genius" who is an asshole.

negroidprime

Sep 25, 2018
are there any games you can recommend that are similar to karryns prison?
There was one, but it has since pretty much died.
If you're interested, it was Saria Reclaimed, it had a promising start and then the dev turned into a card battler, that's when i gave up on it but since then it was apparently turned into a VN and i don't know what's happened then.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
There was one, but it has since pretty much died.
If you're interested, it was Saria Reclaimed, it had a promising start and then the dev turned into a card battler, that's when i gave up on it but since then it was apparently turned into a VN and i don't know what's happened then.
oh, he gave up on SR and started a new game, cogito line i think it's called, and it's already not looking good AFAIK

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Calling something shit is unnecessary and unhelpful, not to mention hyperbolic. It is discouraging, and it provides nothing constructive. Here is an example of constructive criticism:

The gym DLC isn't working for my tastes. I don't like how the prisoners have no onus, I wanted more positions, and I am not sure what the point of doing the side job as the reward aside from costume seems unworth.

Once again, lots of totally valid criticism. It is about the delivery of the criticism. I agree with large swaths of what you are attempting to say. It just needs to be in a less petulant way.

And yes. It doesn't really matter if you are right or wrong, it does become more difficult to take petulant people seriously.

Everyone will tell you everywhere: When hiring people I would ten times rather have someone I could work with who is mediocre than some "genius" who is an asshole.
You see there is one big issue here. There were more than enough people giving actual helpful feedback on what is wrong with the Gym DLC and how to improve it without being unreasonable like some were with wanting a complete rework. And as a friendly reminder Rem literally promised to improve it after all the negative feedback he got since he said it was not on par with the rest of the game. But Rem wanted to fix it by himself without fan feedback and after half a year of not finding a way to improve it he just released it like it was, ignoring fan feedback. So yes calling it now shit after what he pulled is perfectly reasonable. And I will never get it why Rem decided to try to fix it by himself when one thing that made Karryns Prison the game it is now was helpful fan feedback through development of the game.

4.60 star(s) 399 Votes