StrikerV

Aug 6, 2018
May 11th 2020: Progress Report
Hey everyone, Rem here with right red eye with this Week's Progress Report!
1590315826799.png
I've been mostly working on Island SAGA last week, with the remainder of my free time spent on Karryn's Prison. If you haven't heard yet, Island SAGA is going to be released on Steam on May 19th!!! That's right, this May, and in almost a week! If you still don't know what Island SAGA is, check out our website at:

And add Island SAGA to your Steam Wishlist!

Even just the act of adding Island SAGA to your wishlist helps us out a lot!

Now onto Karryn's Prison. First, Happy Fan tier Patrons will have access to the v.5 post tomorrow. Time zones are a tricky thing so I would like to remind everyone that I live in USA so every date I talk about is always based on USA's time zones.

Also, as soon as this Progress Report is live, I will be simultaneously uploading v.5o and one of the big addition in v.5o is a new mechanic called "Overblow Protection."

1590315861268.png
There's a new helpful guard in the Guard Quarters that will explain how this new mechanic work, so please talk to him read more about it. Basically, anyone with Overblow Protection, and this includes Karryn, will only take up to a certain amount of stamina damage from a single hit. I've always wanted to added a mechanic like this into the game and I have mulled over for a long time on how to implement and design it. There's some big reasons to add it onto the game:
  • Overblow Protection is a mechanic that can make Karryn and enemies feel powerful without just inflating their stats
  • Overblow Protection helps make Karryn feel like she is better than the average enemy in more than just raw stats. And now with Overblow Protection, Secretary Mode Karryn is even a more of an easy mode.
  • Overblow Protection helps widen my design space when thinking about enemy design, I want bosses and elite enemies to be a big threat but I don't want them to be impossible for certain builds to handle while being a pushover for certain builds.
  • Overblow Protection makes Defensive Stance much, much, much more useful. Counter Stance also adds a bit of Overblow Protection too.
Non Secretary Mode Karryns now have a default starting 25% Overblow Protection. You can further increase her Overblow Protection with Halberd Defensive Update II Edict, and from the accessory item set bonus. Overblow Protection is a potential game changing mechanic for combat builds so I'm starting off with very conservative with how high it can get outside of easy mode. In the future I will most likely change two of the current accessories to give or take away Overblow Protection.

StrikerV

Aug 6, 2018
May 18th 2020: Progress Report
Hey everyone, Rem here with left thigh pain from sitting still for too long with this week's Progress Report while there is a lull of activity from my testers!
1590315991927.png
So for the past week I've been mostly exclusively working on Island SAGA preparing for its May 19th release while spending a bit of time bug fixing and designing some stuff for Karryn's Prison.

For Karryn's Prison, unless there's an undiscovered major bug remaining, the next version (v.5p) will probably be the final v.5 build. It's going to contain fixes to some of the fixable bugs reported so far. There's also a minor necklace rework I've been designing where the effects of the current necklace accessories will be moved to future edicts, but I'm still undecided if I want to implement the necklace changes into the game for v.5p or not. I'll probably end up doing it.

As for Island SAGA, it's been a long, long month in addition to the Karryn's Prison v.5 release, and this final week has been hectic trying to get everything that needs to be finished in time for the Steam release. For the English version, I oversaw and manually approved and implemented over 700 text and code corrections. And for the Chinese version, I oversaw and manually approved and implemented over 40 text and code corrections.

I wanna give a big thanks to all the testers who worked back and forth with me because without them, most of those 700 needed corrections and stuff would still be in the game, as well as Kamichichi for cooperating and communicating with me in a timely manner to get images corrected as needed for the past few months.

The testers for the Windows English version were:
blackstar
Carrie
Matias
Roro

The testers for the Windows Chinese version were:
john wang
KLero
PMC Bear

The tester for the Mac English version was:
Chris

The tester for the Linux English version was:
scotty

There's probably still gonna be some issue that none of us caught (especially the Linux version), but I hope that everyone will report any issues in the #remtairy-bug-report channel so that I can get them fixed right away.

As mentioned on my Twitter and on the Steam announcements, Island SAGA will be released on May 19th at approximately:

7AM PST
10AM EST
3PM GMT
10PM CST
11PM JST

(Basically when I crawl out of bed to press the release game button.)

Island SAGA is going launch with a $20 price tag, so pick up a copy for yourself, for your boo, for your boo's boo boos, and for your pet dog if you got one (and if you don't, buy a copy for your future pet dog). Island SAGA will only be available on Steam for the foreseeable future, and you will need to download an uncensor patch from our website to access the adult content:

The Steam install size is around 1.5 gigs, and the uncensor patch itself is around 2.5 gigs (these titties are HUGE, okay?) so plan ahead with your bandwidth. You can also start downloading the uncensor patch today ahead of the release.

Please add to Island SAGA to your Steam wishlist if you haven't yet, and please leave a review on Steam once you've finished the game!! I hope that most of you will enjoy Island SAGA!!

Iskandrios

May 27, 2017
Hi folks! Could somebody share save with 2nd stage cleared?
I think the 2nd stage have enemies even if you finish it
As of this moment, you can't stop anarchy on LEvel 2, the game development hasn't gotten that far. The only thing you can do is defeat the stage boss, the anarchy, and all enemies still stay on the level. Besides, iirc defeating the stage boss atm doesn't give you any benefit/bonus.

Reactions: Del.Mar

Paralatae

May 15, 2019
I'm thinking of doing a sex build run if that's possible. What should I prioritize? Endurance and charm seem to be the best ones. I want to maximize energy as well. Anyone attempted this?

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
I'm thinking of doing a sex build run if that's possible. What should I prioritize? Endurance and charm seem to be the best ones. I want to maximize energy as well. Anyone attempted this?
I'm doing one right now. Endurance is not so overpowered anymore since v0.5, but still main skill to keep pleasure in check. Depending on what you want to focus on, high charm is optional (and later unreachable). I just raised charm enough to unlock the flaunt ability before getting too many passives (which drop charm by 0.1 each). I can warmly recommend the accessory which increases energy because it regenerates a little per turn. With that and the energy regen from mind abilities that should not be a problem anymore. Dexterity increases the pleasure enemies get in sex poses so use the yellow skills if you use fight skills.
Have fun :)

Reactions: Paralatae

Feb 22, 2018
Endurance build is still op. All you need to do to get is literally nothing. If you never attack, use revitalize when available and let the enemies do whatever, you'll end up with ~100 Endurance in full build. That means guards crit you for 3%, and everybody else does 0 ^^

Reactions: dafvid112

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
Hi there, so there is no way to bypass the "demo" version limit of not being able to change the Level 2 to subjugated ?

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Hi there, so there is no way to bypass the "demo" version limit of not being able to change the Level 2 to subjugated ?
This is the latest build. There is no version with Level 2 subjugated, since the Dev hasn't done it yet.

Axeleen

May 1, 2018
This is the latest build. There is no version with Level 2 subjugated, since the Dev hasn't done it yet.
Ok thanks for the info :). The fact that they call this a demo version is misleading and incorrectly leaves to think that this is a stripped down version and that the full one is only available to patrons.

Anyway do you perchance know where to find the edict/skill called "Haven't Picked a solution yet" ? It's a requirement to the goblins edicts in the "Level 1" section, like for instance the one called "Bait the Goblins".

It doesn't appear anywhere in the whole skill set. I'm beginning to think it's a random name they chose to say that the skill is not ready yet.

God how I hate these developers ! Shoving half hassed non featured in the game to make you think there is a lot of content, where in fact not even 20% of the claimed content has been coded....

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: mamaboiii

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
how can i unlock footjob sex skill?
You need to fight nerds on level 2, raise your cock desire and they have a chance trigger footjobs. After enough times of that you'll get the skill, like every sex skill in the game currently. (Current list of them IIRC: Cockstare, Cock pet, kiss, handjob, blowjob, titjob, rimjob, footjob)

Last edited:
Reactions: jack78

Neriel

Jan 19, 2018
Ok thanks for the info :). The fact that they call this a demo version is misleading and incorrectly leaves to think that this is a stripped down version and that the full one is only available to patrons.

Anyway do you perchance know where to find the edict/skill called "Haven't Picked a solution yet" ? It's a requirement to the goblins edicts in the "Level 1" section, like for instance the one called "Bait the Goblins".

It doesn't appear anywhere in the whole skill set. I'm beginning to think it's a random name they chose to say that the skill is not ready yet.

God how I hate these developers ! Shoving half hassed non featured in the game to make you think there is a lot of content, where in fact not even 20% of the claimed content has been coded....
You are only allowed to pick 1 of the 3 Solutions for the Goblin Problem. Same for the Thug Problem. So if you pick one Solution, the other 2 become unavailable.

WSS Joe

Jan 11, 2020
You are only allowed to pick 1 of the 3 Solutions for the Goblin Problem. Same for the Thug Problem. So if you pick one Solution, the other 2 become unavailable.
Yeah, it's permanent once you choose it. The left two choices are non-sexual choices, but the right most one is a sexual route.

MuhGainz

Mar 18, 2020
Yeah, it's permanent once you choose it. The left two choices are non-sexual choices, but the right most one is a sexual route.
So are those solutions just for the passives? I chose the sexual routes but I don't know if there are any interactions.

drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020

It's an in-development alpha build. It says so in the game title itself. Nothing at all about it is misleading unless you can't read.

4.60 star(s) 399 Votes