Satan-Sama

May 8, 2018
Guys forgive me if this has been asked before (frankly, I am not reading through 282 pages of discussion), but how are in-battle sexual skills supposed to work? No matter what I do, no matter what the situation is, no matter which one of these sexual skills I try to use (I have unlocked a couple of them), I always get the "there is no viable target" message, with the exception of "Cock Stare".
Some sexual skills have a desire requirement and others also need you to be stripped of your clothes.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
If it was capping overall power it would make sense, but the way it's implemented the primary function seems to be to punish anybody who didn't specialize hard enough, early enough. You could easily crank Strength up to level 60+ and obliterate everything with one kick, but Charm, Mind, and Energy can easily get stuck at level 1 forever because your strength and stamina pushed you into the level cap before you had the option to really train them. And a lot of titles/accessories/edicts that are supposed to improve those hard-to-raise stats never get used at all, because by the time you manage to get them you've stopped earning experience entirely.
It's not punishing you for not specializing, the game is literally designed and balanced in such a way that you can clear encounters using any stat distribution, there's even an NPC that tells you to not worry about it because it really doesn't matter in the end.

Maybe this will change once the lower floors open up, or maybe the exp gain rates for different stats will get rebalanced, but as things stand the level cap mostly means that if you play through the game blind, you lock yourself out of the options you actually want and in order to do anything other than a pure slugger build you need to plan out every move you make before you start playing.
Masochists have stats that improve their effectiveness but those stats don't matter in the end because you'll win regardless of what your distribution is, and Sadists can still resort to sex acts to win in the same way.

As soon as Karryn, no matter what distribution you have, is engaged in a sex act with enemies, regardless of who initiated it, what position it is, or how many enemies are involved, you've beaten the involved enemies and the stats only serve to make beating them faster.

The only time stats become relevant is when you're trying to win against overcapped enemies using combat specifically instead of sex, and that's pretty much limited to just the Guards (and you control their level progression), if the enemy is at or below your cap you should be able to win through combat or sex just fine unless you don't understand the mechanics and/or what your skills do.

Higher stat levels shouldn't be impossible to achieve with dedicated effort, but they should cost enough that you won't rise past some reasonable point unless you try.
That's literally how it works right now.

You have to make an effort to outright ignore other skill types to cause Karryn's stats to develop in an uneven manner.

If you have a lot of Strength and everything else is lower, that wasn't the game being poorly balanced with stat increases that was you spamming Blunt skills and neglecting Slash and Pierce attacks, on top of neglecting or outright ignoring Willpower, Energy, and Sexual skills.

Literally every single interaction in a fight gives exp for a stat, including enemy actions.

The dev made it so you can specialize in stats and even added titles for doing so, including titles that outright permanently unlock certain edicts for you, but the game is absolutely able to be played through without doing it and you're actually expected not to specialize because it makes parts of the game harder rather than easier.
But including a whole complex advancement system, and then making it impossible to advance for the majority of the play time? Just seems like bad form in an otherwise well designed game.
They don't make it impossible to advance for the majority of play time since you don't spend much, if any time at level cap the first time you clear a floor, that means when there's a full game to play you'll constantly be leveling up during the main story.

junkage

Sep 17, 2017
How did you even manage to lose unintentionally at all, let alone in consecutive encounters?
I started the game with extra clit sensitivity and reduced pussy desire for clit petting. I think I had 286% clit sensitivity or something like that so any time someone would touch the clit I would gain about 21-35% pleasure.

So enemies only needed about 20-25% pussy desire to initiate clit petting which would quickly spiral most fights to a defeat unless I reduce pussy desire every turn.

Anyway, I edited the game files to remove the level limit and restarted the game so I could actually enjoy the content.

Welking

Jan 30, 2020
TLDR: This game isn't your average H game. It is not about winning/losing fights, it's all about how you want to trigger the H :)
Do take time to read up what Rem wrote about this game/his design vision:

One paragraph that I like to highlight is:
"Karryn’s Prison IS a game that will try to make you, the player, and also Karryn, lose and game over. Losing battles are common. Most players will most certainly reach a Bad Ending and Game Over on their first blind playthrough. Losing, and having a Game Over is expected and fun in this game. Karryn’s Prison is a hard game if you play to win, but it’s hard not because it’s unfairly unfair, but because it’s fairly unfair, if that makes sense to you. Exploring, experimenting, losing, trying again, and such are all part of the game and the learning curve. Learn and master the game’s various system and at some point the game will be so easy to you that you will begin to lose battles and get game over on purpose for specific gains, and you WILL want to lose on purpose after you’ve completely learned how the game works. Karryn’s Prison has a New Game Plus system that after you’ve reached an ending, good or bad, you will have the choice to carry over certain progress. "

So go ahead and YOLO your way thru the game, especially if this is your first crack at it.
Right now game is still under development, NG+ can be started by letting your order drop below 0.

In NG+, edicts will be reset. If you don't like your stats, you have a choice get it reset (it will also reset your passives). Any titles and their unlock bonus will be carried over. You will also notice certain title and equipment influence your stat growth, so you want to plan ahead and manipulate your stats after the reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yukihirou

Dragon Sins

Jul 27, 2017
all the titles/passive guide at first pages/post you may already checked it out... if you wan to lose ur karryn's virgin to a virgin and only thug use vaginal sex attack for sure! while wet and meet the requirements(cock and pussy desire).. also if you are looking for virgin it is depend on your luck you can find them while rioting... or drop your order as low as you can handle to made more wave appear in the battle...
View attachment 745180 View attachment 745181
How do you get those passives? Where do you find virgins?

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
It seems that PregMod freeze after Karryns get impregnate in battle and reception desk. Not 100% sure what may cause it. it also removed the images display as well.

GigaShrimp

Oct 4, 2018
It seems that PregMod freeze after Karryns get impregnate in battle and reception desk. Not 100% sure what may cause it. it also removed the images display as well.
I'm having a similar issue with it in which at random points the I'll get an infinite loading screen, which due to the way auto saving works hard locks that save file. Also, shibboleet for drchainchair2

Welking

Jan 30, 2020
whaaaaat i...but....so its not coming in the next release? im now extremely big sad
We are going to get Floor 2 Subjugation + corresponding edicts + Floor 3, which means another level cap increase.
There will be plenty of things to keep us busy while we wait for glory hole side job.

Welking

Jan 30, 2020
Is there a way to edit fatigue so that it is removed or slow it downed dramatically?
Fatigue is a mechanic that forces you to think and prioritize what you want to do that day.
It is a bit subtle, but the game make it so that your/Karryn's daily choices matter and got to live with the consequences/find a way to overcome it. (Okay, not that really subtle with the forced auto-save) :p

For example, it was really hard for me to do the waitress side job while I was grinding the urinal passives.
So I made a choice to stop Karryn's urinal duty for a day to get a good night rest and restore her charm stat back to normal, which enables me to readjust her accessories to better cope with both (+ the receptionist side job).

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I'm having a similar issue with it in which at random points the I'll get an infinite loading screen, which due to the way auto saving works hard locks that save file. Also, shibboleet for drchainchair2
Thanks for the input. Will have to wait and see what could resolve it. I wanted to test the PregMod to see if it makes any different.

GigaShrimp

Oct 4, 2018
There is a #kp-mods channel in Rem's discord. That's probably a good place to get it solved :)
Hmm, thank you for the info. Will head over that way if I can't figure it out myself (Woohoo very early computer science major who is sloooooowwlly self teaching myself rpgmaker XD)

drchainchair2

Mar 28, 2020
Infinite load screen is a rare issue in base game that the developer needs to fix; probably difficult to find it since I could never reliably reproduce it and it seems to just happen randomly. My mod enables saving in all difficulty modes, so I just recommend saving in a new spot frequently. I suppose I could add an option to disable autosaves entirely, but that is a bit more complicated than it might appear since it uses the plugin command system and it's all over CommonEvents.json which I do not want to touch at all because it would make updating to new versions a nightmare.

Outside of the issues of breaking the save with infinite load screen, I actually like the design decision behind autosave since it makes it a kind of ironman-style run where you don't get do-overs.

Last edited:

GigaShrimp

Oct 4, 2018
Infinite load screen is a rare issue in base game that the developer needs to fix; probably difficult to find it since I could never reliably reproduce it and it seems to just happen randomly. My mod enables saving in all difficulty modes, so I just recommend saving in a new spot frequently. I suppose I could add an option to disable autosaves entirely, but that is a bit more complicated than it might appear since it uses the plugin command system and it's all over CommonEvents.json which I do not want to touch at all because it would make updating to new versions a nightmare.

Outside of the issues of breaking the save with infinite load screen, I actually like the design decision behind autosave since it makes it a kind of ironman-style run where you don't get do-overs.
Ah, thanks for the response. And yeah I like the idea of the auto-saving as well, but the issues it can cause if there are any crashes is a bit of a pain. I did discover the manual save function you included, which is why I haven't just given up until next version :D

Rakasob

Apr 13, 2019
God, if only the 2nd level had a stripper job but I have a feeling it's going to be something lame and tedious like a librarian job. I already had the Nurse job snatched from me, how cruel.
monkeh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ray3dave
4.60 star(s) 390 Votes