Willy_Warrior

Dec 5, 2017
This game is pretty good, but it's slow as fuck with picking all the actions and anything.
Also, after you subjugate level 2, nerds don't spawn even if it riots again. I have the edict that makes them chill, but I have the edict that makes thugs chill too and they still appear on level 1.

TheSinful

Jun 11, 2018
This game is pretty good, but it's slow as fuck with picking all the actions and anything.
Also, after you subjugate level 2, nerds don't spawn even if it riots again. I have the edict that makes them chill, but I have the edict that makes thugs chill too and they still appear on level 1.
No, I've subjugated level 2 and Nerds still appear plenty.

Suncatcher42

Aug 12, 2019
There are lots of Nerds on level three, fitting the floor's general theme of enemies that are super weak individually but buff each other up into serious threats.

Aug 29, 2020
Holy hell I just found out the hard way but if you are going slut build DO NOT FACE TONKIN UNLESS YOU HAVE TITJOB UNLOCKED.

You will be in that fight for so damn long because his pleasure bar only goes up by 1% every turn and you cant do anything to speed it up unless you have Titjob unlocked, this is a problem because he only does titjobs he doesnt use blowjob/vaginal/anal.

New slut build players, you have been warned.

EDIT: To be clear I did beat him without titjob but it was so damn long, I was in that fight for 2 hours waiting on his pleasure bar to rise with my slut build karryn. (Day 10)

Reactions: Eicosa

Nadore

Mar 26, 2017
November 16th, 2020: Progress Report
Hey everyone, Rem here with this week's Progress Report!

I've still been continuing to work on, and will continue to work on for the foreseeable future on the Desire/Passive revamp. So if you've visited my SubscribeStar or Twitter or Discord on Friday night, you would've heard the news by now. It still hurts a bit, it was a lot of money just gone, but more so than the money is that the joy of introducing Meltys Quest to a new audience was robbed. But we move on. It was a real shocker but Saturday morning I woke up and focused my efforts on Karryn's Prison. Sachinama also said that he is feeling extra motivated to work even harder on Karryn's Prison now.

As I was curious to just how many new Passives I've added, I checked this money and found out that I've coded 449 Passives into the game currently. I actually never checked in v6, but I would like to say that there was already probably around 400 or really, really close to 400 Passives coded in v6. Since I never bothered to tally it all up, I actually thought there was only like 330 or so Passives coded into v6 so imagine my surprise when I found out there is now 449 in the game, hah.

But enough of that, because more importantly than the 30 or so newly added Passives into the game, is the fact that probably around atleast 300 of the current 449 Passives will be redone and re-coded. I've come up with some crazy effects, and I'm almost scared, in a good expectant way, of how they will all interact together once I'm done with the first round of revamp. My current plan is to first revamp all the Passives that I intend to do, second give it a bit of a spin ingame and test how they all work together, and then there will 99.99% probably a second round of going over all the Passives to maybe tone some stuff down, bring some numbers up or down, move some effects around and stuff.

My design philosophy for the whole sexual corruption aspect is that I want it nice and slow, but not too slow, and gradual in its effect. And as a consequence of making it slow to ramp up, once it ramps up, it really, really ramps up. If you indulge in every single one of Karryn's desires then, well, she's basically a walking sex symbol. Let's just say, don't expect her to function very well in normal combat going forward. ;)

I was about to end this week's Progress Report right there because it feels like a good note to end it, but I also forgot to mention this a week back that I've changed Strength to be the stat that raises Critical Rate while Dexterity is now the stat that raises Critical Damage. The original intention is that by having Str increase Crit Dmg, it would still have a use during sex combat with high Dex. But the actual result is that high Str and low Dex means that Str is just worthless during sex combat, and not as good during normal combat.

What the new change means is that Str should feel more useful during sex combat. It also means that high Str enemies like Thug type enemies are even deadlier in normal combat, but more importantly can actually still do some pleasure damage in the mid and late game. And high Dex enemies like Rogue types and Homeless (which will be temporary renamed to Hobo in v7) types will do less pleasure damage because they won't automatically crit all the time. I really didn't like how only high Dex enemies starting in the midgame were the only ones capable of doing pleasure damage. I'm well aware that high Endurance build has been the golden build for sex oriented Karryns. I'm definitely fine with high End being ONE of the possible builds, it might even still be the best build at the end of the day, who knows. But it being the only good build is not good design. Most likely, if my intuition is not wrong, that high End is still going to remain the best build for sex combat in v7, but this is hugely due to the lategame Passives not being obtainable. Because oh boy, Karryn is going to have a 'hard' time with some of these lategame Passives that I'm coming up with. ;)

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
I was wondering, if you go the slut route and face Tonkin for example, you know, only using sex moves. Does the dialogue change when you defeat him?

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
I was wondering, if you go the slut route and face Tonkin for example, you know, only using sex moves. Does the dialogue change when you defeat him?
Not as of yet.They will probably work out those later.(hopefuly)
There should be a bit(actually a lot) more of derogatory comments coming from prisoners/guards if we take Karryn towards slutsville route.
Also a question:Has any of you fine people managed to make a build of Karryn that actually gains more then one or 2 points of pleasure when she is talked down to(besides when being fatiqued as fuck)?

Dr.Jan Itor

Jun 19, 2018
so many good newses but god it make me worried about release date... trying too hard to not to play v6 all over again and keep the hype for v7!
If we are lucky it will be released before 31 of december.I wouldnt expect anything for a month at least.
ps-kickass avatar. 8)

HerrLeutnant

Sep 17, 2020
Not as of yet.They will probably work out those later.(hopefuly)
There should be a bit(actually a lot) more of derogatory comments coming from prisoners/guards if we take Karryn towards slutsville route.
Also a question:Has any of you fine people managed to make a build of Karryn that actually gains more then one or 2 points of pleasure when she is talked down to(besides when being fatiqued as fuck)?
Thanks for letting me know, mate!

I believe so! I've noticed when working as a waitress. I'm 80% sure!

saferian

Mar 3, 2017
So when it comes to making this run on Linux, overwriting native Linux binaries from nwjs.io with the ones in the game folder, it actually launches the game without a problem. You may play it all you like up until a battle scene.

Unfortunately, you will have to restart the game every single time you enter a battle - and no battle animations (image changes) happen in-game. It completely stalls the game like that, no errors. Fortunately, if you've won the battle, when you restart the game you may just start from where you left - from the point you've won the battle and alone in the room.

Though, this is far from optimal. The game seems like it's being held whole with ducktapes. There are some very questionable naming with the assets, thus making it impossible to run on anything other than Windows.

Overall, amazing game. Just weird in the developmental sense.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
So when it comes to making this run on Linux, overwriting native Linux binaries from nwjs.io with the ones in the game folder, it actually launches the game without a problem. You may play it all you like up until a battle scene.

Unfortunately, you will have to restart the game every single time you enter a battle - and no battle animations (image changes) happen in-game. It completely stalls the game like that, no errors. Fortunately, if you've won the battle, when you restart the game you may just start from where you left - from the point you've won the battle and alone in the room.

Though, this is far from optimal. The game seems like it's being held whole with ducktapes. There are some very questionable naming with the assets, thus making it impossible to run on anything other than Windows.

Overall, amazing game. Just weird in the developmental sense.
If you search the thread there are some solutions. I believe I used a loop to make a symlink to add uppercase versions of every file (there's about 3 additional ones that won't catch). The best solution would be to have a disk or flash drive formatted with ext4's casefold feature (add -O casefold when running mkfs), which allows you to chattr a directory with +F and have everything in it and its subdirs be case insensitive. This feature requires kernel 5.2 or higher.

If you don't have a disk you're willing to format with that, or a spare flash drive, you could also make a disk image like so,
Bash:
dd if=/dev/zero of=case_insensitive_ext4.img bs=1 count=0 seek=1G
mkfs.ext4 -O casefold case_insensitive_ext4.img
sudo mount case_insensitive_ext4.img /mnt
sudo mkdir /mnt/case_insensitive
sudo chown youruser:youruser /mnt/case_insensitive
chattr +F /mnt/case_insensitive
If you have issues with sparse images maybe try bs=1M count=1024 and no seek option.

Now everything you put inside the case_insensitive directory should be... case insensitive. I just tested this, extracted the game there then the nwjs linux release files, played all the way through the intro and the first fight without running into any problems.
If you did all this and had no success I'd like to remind you that this feature requires kernel 5.2 or higher.

Despite this workaround it'd be really nice if the developer (and all developers really) could be consistent with their naming calls so we didn't have issues like these.

Mar 10, 2018
Great game. Artist did a great job on the poses and expressions. It's surprising this isn't an early access on steam. The average smut game quality there doesn't come close to an alpha of this.

Nice work and looking forward to seeing it released. No rush though, wouldn't want the attention to detail to be left behind :p

Reactions: Beats9821

saferian

Mar 3, 2017
If you search the thread there are some solutions. I believe I used a loop to make a symlink to add uppercase versions of every file (there's about 3 additional ones that won't catch). The best solution would be to have a disk or flash drive formatted with ext4's casefold feature (add -O casefold when running mkfs), which allows you to chattr a directory with +F and have everything in it and its subdirs be case insensitive. This feature requires kernel 5.2 or higher.

If you don't have a disk you're willing to format with that, or a spare flash drive, you could also make a disk image like so,
Bash:
dd if=/dev/zero of=case_insensitive_ext4.img bs=1 count=0 seek=1G
mkfs.ext4 -O casefold case_insensitive_ext4.img
sudo mount case_insensitive_ext4.img /mnt
sudo mkdir /mnt/case_insensitive
sudo chown youruser:youruser /mnt/case_insensitive
chattr +F /mnt/case_insensitive
If you have issues with sparse images maybe try bs=1M count=1024 and no seek option.

Now everything you put inside the case_insensitive directory should be... case insensitive. I just tested this, extracted the game there then the nwjs linux release files, played all the way through the intro and the first fight without running into any problems.
If you did all this and had no success I'd like to remind you that this feature requires kernel 5.2 or higher.

Despite this workaround it'd be really nice if the developer (and all developers really) could be consistent with their naming calls so we didn't have issues like these.
To be honest, this isn't something I would take my time to fix, really. I mean, yeah, it's fixable but I'm lazy.

I couldn't put more emphasis on this last sentence, though. I don't write a code or create/name a resource in a way that I wouldn't want another person might have problems when reading. Because of such malpractices, I can barely read the code I wrote like 6 years ago. I don't understand a simple function from its name and it's actually a waste of everybody's time at that point.

Naming and Commenting.

4.60 star(s) 400 Votes