rei_x

Dec 26, 2023
I stumbled upon an intriguing video on YouTube, and I'm quite keen on exploring if there's any method to acquire similar outfits showcased in it (provided it's feasible).
To give you a clearer idea, I will share an image of one of the ensembles that was modeled in the video, alongside the video link itself.

karryn.png

Reactions: aleyugioh

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
I stumbled upon an intriguing video on YouTube, and I'm quite keen on exploring if there's any method to acquire similar outfits showcased in it (provided it's feasible).
To give you a clearer idea, I will share an image of one of the ensembles that was modeled in the video, alongside the video link itself.

View attachment 3754929

Comments mention it's on Karryn's Prison official discord.

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021

View attachment 3754929

You need to find a version of the game that is compatible with those mods because they stopped working a long time ago.

Reactions: rei_x and HikkiG

negroidprime

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2018

View attachment 3754929

No, currently the outfit mods are broken due to the art being reworked and the creators of those mods not yet updating them due to the forementioned part.
Unless you want use older version of the game and certain mods.

Reactions: rei_x and HikkiG

highheelsfeetlover

Jun 9, 2023
hey guys, as you are talking about mods, i'm using Karryns_Prison_v1.2.7.2_FULL, which mods and their possible version can i make it work with it ?

Lady Luck

Aug 6, 2021
Oh look, yet another one who does not understand how much of a gargantuan undertaking it is to rework thousands of art assets that mesh together in a paperdoll system.
First off, I wasn't even criticizing the programmer, I was criticizing the artist. I don't think "how much of a gargantuan undertaking it is to rework thousands of art assets that mesh together in a paperdoll system" really matters to the artist. Since you clearly just saw criticism and didn't bother to actually read it, I'll quote it for you:

Now I'm not an artist, so I could be wrong, but I don't think it takes this long to redraw the exact same pictures he already has just with bigger boobs for the P-cup variation dlc. I would have assumed it would take about the same amount of time as the H-cup varitaion dlc
Also, even if I didn't directly state it, I was in no way trying to hide that I don't understand the delay in the post you responded too, so the snarkiness is unnecessary. It is specifically because I don't understand that I compared it to the similar update. I don't understand how the P-cup update would take more than 3 times longer than the H-cup update. Again, as I'm not an artist I even readily admitted that
I could be wrong
but if you're gonna be snarky about what I say at least read what I said, because at no point did I even mention the programming aspect. I honestly assumed the programming hadn't even started, since that would require the art to be drawn.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
First off, I wasn't even criticizing the programmer, I was criticizing the artist. I don't think "how much of a gargantuan undertaking it is to rework thousands of art assets that mesh together in a paperdoll system" really matters to the artist. Since you clearly just saw criticism and didn't bother to actually read it, I'll quote it for you:

Also, even if I didn't directly state it, I was in no way trying to hide that I don't understand the delay in the post you responded too, so the snarkiness is unnecessary. It is specifically because I don't understand that I compared it to the similar update. I don't understand how the P-cup update would take more than 3 times longer than the H-cup update. Again, as I'm not an artist I even readily admitted that but if you're gonna be snarky about what I say at least read what I said, because at no point did I even mention the programming aspect. I honestly assumed the programming hadn't even started, since that would require the art to be drawn.
OK, you also seem to be completely not understanding the post telling you the issue.

"how much of a gargantuan undertaking it is to rework thousands of art assets that mesh together in a paperdoll system" IS the ENTIRE art side of it. A paperdoll system is what this and many other games use, with different parts of the body, clothing, expressions, exc drawn separately and then layered together in the game to make the full images. While there is some coding side to it, it's still a huge amount of art assets to make before the coding side can really get done (unless you use placeholder files).

I'll say it again, making the assets for the paperdoll system and making sure they mesh together properly IS THE ART SIDE OF THINGS.

The P-cup DLC also requires more redrawing than the H cup one did, since the larger breasts would interact with the rest of both Karryn's body and any others in a scene more than the smaller breasts did. They're also updating all the art assets, not just making the P-cup assets (setting aside the debates on the quality of those).

What has (likely) been happening, is that the art assets get drawn, then they get passed over to the programmer to put in piece by piece. So the artist draws the level 1 defeat scenes, they get added into the development build of the game while the artist goes to work on other scenes. The art assets don't need to all be done before the programming side starts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gerbalzlayer

Lady Luck

Aug 6, 2021
OK, you also seem to be completely not understanding the post telling you the issue.

"how much of a gargantuan undertaking it is to rework thousands of art assets that mesh together in a paperdoll system" IS the ENTIRE art side of it. A paperdoll system is what this and many other games use, with different parts of the body, clothing, expressions, exc drawn separately and then layered together in the game to make the full images. While there is some coding side to it, it's still a huge amount of art assets to make before the coding side can really get done (unless you use placeholder files).

I'll say it again, making the assets for the paperdoll system and making sure they mesh together properly IS THE ART SIDE OF THINGS.

The P-cup DLC also requires more redrawing than the H cup one did, since the larger breasts would interact with the rest of both Karryn's body and any others in a scene more than the smaller breasts did. They're also updating all the art assets, not just making the P-cup assets (setting aside the debates on the quality of those).

What has (likely) been happening, is that the art assets get drawn, then they get passed over to the programmer to put in piece by piece. So the artist draws the level 1 defeat scenes, they get added into the development build of the game while the artist goes to work on other scenes. The art assets don't need to all be done before the programming side starts.
I apologize as this is gonna sound sarcastic, but I assure it's not: this was actually pretty educational to read, and I do genuinely appreciate you taking the time to write it out instead of writing me off as a lost cause. As you so correctly surmised, I had no idea what a paperdoll system is.

I had trouble wrapping my head around the idea of it taking more than 3 times longer, but if they are updating all assets than that makes more sense.

Reactions: souldead341

droglob

Aug 26, 2017

A paperdoll system is what this and many other games use, with different parts of the body, clothing, expressions, exc drawn separately and then layered together in the game to make the full images.
This isn't how it's done at all. A base full image is drawn to be used as a template from which you can cut pieces from. After it's cut to pieces you can assemble them minus the piece you want to change and use the template as reference to draw it. You can't just draw things separately while having the intended finished product in your head, everything would be an uncanny valley, disproportionate and misaligned mess.

Incidentally, if you already have all the cut outs or templates drawn, it would be trivial to sort of reverse engineer the process by assembling them to form a full image, have an AI do a pass of it and then disassemble the new art again.

Login1990

Aug 4, 2018
I was sitting in the devs discord and they are updating art once in a while, are those art updates included in the links of the thread?

rei_x

Dec 26, 2023
You need to find a version of the game that is compatible with those mods because they stopped working a long time ago.
No, currently the outfit mods are broken due to the art being reworked and the creators of those mods not yet updating them due to the forementioned part.
Unless you want use older version of the game and certain mods.
It's a bummer that we can't get it done right now, but does the same go for Image Replacer?

I hope someone saved an older version of the game and would be up to share - I'd love to catch a glimpse of her in those outfits!

In any case, thank you all so much!

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017
Piracy also includes unauthorized use.
Unauthorized use just means using it without purchasing a legitimate license which is already covered by unauthorized copying, since you need to acquire a copy to use it in the first place.

Depending on code licensing, modifing game's code can be also illegal and goes under unauthorized use. Afaik that this game doesn't specify licensing, so by default it's prohibited to modify. You can call it cracking or breaking licensing agreement if you don't like this generalisation...
All mods would be illegal if simply modifying the code was by default prohibited.

This is not cracking either since no DRM was tampered with nor is there any reason to as it's legally downloaded from the official source.

The artificial in-game barrier was just there because the dev didn't want to take out the patreon content from it.
That's not a DRM. It's like calling it piracy if you use a decompiler to extract in-game assets because the assets were originally encrypted which is a barrier.

Also, even if you access past demo, the game will show missing image errors and such as it was WIP from older patreon build. It wasn't playable content, just some texts.

I assume this comparison is probably related to loses to product owner would suffer from the leaked product. Like stealing potential/expected income
It's not a leaked product when the content was included in the public demo by the dev themselves. Anybody had access to it on Steam for free. It was also a personal use case since the modification wasn't shared with anyone even though people can easily figure it out themselves as it was as simple as changing a single line of boolean value.

You can't "steal potential/expected income" either. That's like saying pirates are stealing potential income from the devs by pirating, most pirates wouldn't have bought the game anyway, so they're not a measurement of the sales a dev could've potentially made.

Not that it would've mattered to the devs as they're already profitting off of subscription.

...I hope someone saved an older version of the game and would be up to share - I'd love to catch a glimpse of her in those outfits!...
I've archived the old build v1.2.6.20 FULL which is before the art rework and workshop integration.

Last edited:

rei_x

Dec 26, 2023
I'm really into big tits, but dude, these ones in the game seem a bit exaggerated. They're way too out of proportion and it feels unnatural. It's like she has two balloons attached to her body (I know that doesn't make sense for a game, but you understand what I mean). If they could add some customization options to make her body look more balanced, maybe it would be better. This DLC just seems really poorly done. The game is one of my favorites, but this new character design feels like they didn't put much thought into making her feel sexy and beautiful so we can get horny and get our balls empty, as we did previously with our favorite bitch - Karen.
Maybe this is just how I see it.

Guys, what are your thoughts on this?

1000023418.jpg

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
I hope someone saved an older version of the game and would be up to share - I'd love to catch a glimpse of her in those outfits!
I don't have it but you if you are willing to find it yourself take a look at the date this post was written:
Capture.PNG
You need to find the game version close to that date. Good luck!

Reactions: rei_x

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
I'm really into big tits, but dude, these ones in the game seem a bit exaggerated. They're way too out of proportion and it feels unnatural. It's like she has two balloons attached to her body (I know that doesn't make sense for a game, but you understand what I mean). If they could add some customization options to make her body look more balanced, maybe it would be better. This DLC just seems really poorly done. The game is one of my favorites, but this new character design feels like they didn't put much thought into making her feel sexy and beautiful so we can get horny and get our balls empty, as we did previously with our favorite bitch - Karen.

View attachment 3756381
You are aware that there's an option to reduce the size of her tits, right? It was added a while before the P-cup update was even announced.

• Haha
Reactions: RedAISkye

RedAISkye

Apr 10, 2017

View attachment 3756381
They need to make Big Ass DLC after this to make her overall body look balanced. :LUL:

LaneGofu

Jan 24, 2022

View attachment 3756381
More tits for us lol

4.60 star(s) 427 Votes