RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
Teary did say that the weekend could be a worst case scenario for release.

... but I don't have to repeat myself and say that the best way to wait for Katalist is to not expect a release at all

Ziggy5

Dec 14, 2021
It really feels Teary doesn't want to dissapoint people down, so he keeps making those deadlines that may not be achievable.

I always tend to assume the worse, so it's fine to me either way, but he should assume the worse when giving predictions to people. Assume that everything that could go wrong, will go wrong, and give a date based around that.

Something seems like it will take a week? Say it'll take two.

Scotty: Eight weeks, sir. (as Kirk opens his mouth) But you don't have eight weeks, so I'll do it for ya in two.

Kirk: (considers) Mr. Scott. Have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?

Scotty: Certainly, sir. How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?

Last edited:

myself79

Feb 4, 2018
i have already uncompleted 6 mission after beat Bonnie anyone help me for complete to missions or share save file???

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
It really feels Teary doesn't want to dissapoint people down, so he keeps making those deadlines that may not be achievable.

I always tend to assume the worse, so it's fine to me either way, but he should assume the worse when giving predictions to people. Assume that everything that could go wrong, will go wrong, and give a date based around that.

Something seems like it will take a week? Say it'll take two.
as 2341Name said. in the past teary made some deadlines and coudn't really keep them. at one point he said there woud be monthly updates that never happened. and now he announced a deadline again and i'm pretty sure he regrets doing that by now. teary isn't great at estimating those things and neither is he any good at communicating with his community. we'll just have to wait and see.

2341Name

Sep 1, 2018
Monthly updates were never gonna happen, anyways. The updates of this game are too big to realistically be made in that timeframe, especially by a college student presumably doing this in their spare time.

At one point Teary said that they were done announcing release dates. Should have kept to that. I've said this before but imo the best development model they could adopt would be to simply make periodic reports on how the development is going, so as to not keep us in the dark while they take all the time they need to make the update. Win-win for all. Still, that'd require more communication than Teary likes to have.

Tom Aspinall

May 26, 2022
"Hi, i just started creating this game,
i hope that you can give me lots of feedback.
I will update monthly. Please, do have fun."

Ah, the portrait of innocence.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed a lot, if he wants to release a bug free update he's got a huge task ahead, especially if he wants to fix the disasters that are Macky and Tracy.

Silver_Crow117

Oct 12, 2021
Yeah I'm sure he wants to minimize the amount the bugs in the latest update because people start trashing him immensely and he keeps pushing back updates to the game because he keeps on adding to what he's working on, which in turn, creates more bugs he needs to fix! I'd rather have a HUGE update with less bugs than monthly updates with bugs out the wazoo, but when its done I'm sure they'll still have bugs, but they won't be as ground breaking or big... What we can estimate, is that he's probably close to the release since he said he's playtesting the bugs rn!!!

David__14

Feb 18, 2020
Yeah I'm sure he wants to minimize the amount the bugs in the latest update because people start trashing him immensely and he keeps pushing back updates to the game because he keeps on adding to what he's working on, which in turn, creates more bugs he needs to fix! I'd rather have a HUGE update with less bugs than monthly updates with bugs out the wazoo, but when its done I'm sure they'll still have bugs, but they won't be as ground breaking or big... What we can estimate, is that he's probably close to the release since he said he's playtesting the bugs rn!!!
yeah i remember how buggy the last major release was, and how they had to scramble for a week or 2 to squash the bugs

Ilikefeet324

Sep 30, 2020
Honestly, doesnt help how trash the community can be , feels like no matter what the creator puts out people will still complain about it and while this is true for pretty much about anything in the world, its like its heightened here, which adds pressure on the creators

Reactions: DemonLord98

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
Honestly, doesnt help how trash the community can be , feels like no matter what the creator puts out people will still complain about it and while this is true for pretty much about anything in the world, its like its heightened here, which adds pressure on the creators
That's why you NEVER try to appeal to everyone and make something for "everyone". Pick your target demographic and focus on pleasing them.

DemonLord98

Oct 11, 2019
For example. Group A fucking HATES cheating, NTR, and rape. Fucking HATE anything to do with it! Group B LOVES cheating, NTR, and rape. LOVES it! Person C then says "I'll make a game/movie/whatever for BOTH group A and B together! Then 2 groups of people/fans will buy my product and pay me even MORE money! It's brilliant!" LOL, no! You end up with both groups pissed off and no one buys your product. Remember, if you want peoples money for it, it IS a product. Always know your customers devs/producers/film makers what ever.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Another way to put it is that, in here, people can have a bit more critical opinions, as for the the type of forum this is, people can comment on games without actually having supported the Creator of the game (also meaning no Buyer's remorse or Sunk Cost Fallacy involved). It's actually not always toxic, and it does depend on a game-to-game basis. Generally speaking, games where developers are active within this Forum fare a bit better (as the Community contact is also better in that way). Also, newer games generally start out relatively neutral in opinion from users. The opinions only start taking shape in time, given the game's evolution. Therefore, a game that usually misses deadlines or has poor community connection will end up breeding a more toxical atmosphere here (even while the Discord for said game can be a bit more positive, as there, people who actually supported the Project take longer to be critical, as they have already sunk some money into it).

Of course, this to refer to the more Objective opinions, not the jokes. Jokes can always vary (although they, too, generally follow the Thread's general atmosphere).

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
Another way to put it is that, in here, people can have a bit more critical opinions, as for the the type of forum this is, people can comment on games without actually having supported the Creator of the game (also meaning no Buyer's remorse or Sunk Cost Fallacy involved). It's actually not always toxic, and it does depend on a game-to-game basis. Generally speaking, games where developers are active within this Forum fare a bit better (as the Community contact is also better in that way). Also, newer games generally start out relatively neutral in opinion from users. The opinions only start taking shape in time, given the game's evolution. Therefore, a game that usually misses deadlines or has poor community connection will end up breeding a more toxical atmosphere here (even while the Discord for said game can be a bit more positive, as there, people who actually supported the Project take longer to be critical, as they have already sunk some money into it).

Of course, this to refer to the more Objective opinions, not the jokes. Jokes can always vary (although they, too, generally follow the Thread's general atmosphere).
logic?

dont-do-that-avengers.gif

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
For example. Group A fucking HATES cheating, NTR, and rape. Fucking HATE anything to do with it! Group B LOVES cheating, NTR, and rape. LOVES it! Person C then says "I'll make a game/movie/whatever for BOTH group A and B together! Then 2 groups of people/fans will buy my product and pay me even MORE money! It's brilliant!" LOL, no! You end up with both groups pissed off and no one buys your product. Remember, if you want peoples money for it, it IS a product. Always know your customers devs/producers/film makers what ever.
I do agree, but I would take it a step further:

Make the game that YOU would want to play. Forget placating a group of "customers". Like-minded players will find your game eventually, and in the meantime, you are making something that you enjoy creating, which will help keep you motivated.

tobiume08

Jul 3, 2020
That's why you NEVER try to appeal to everyone and make something for "everyone". Pick your target demographic and focus on pleasing them.
Absolutely right.

If game makers have a vision and they start to see good results (subscribers); they should stick with their vision.

wahhaw

Dec 29, 2017
I barely ever check this thread but from what I've experienced this game gets a substantial update once or twice a year and they are almost always filled with game breaking bugs. Then comes a few weeks of bugfixing ending in a "final" version that is still very bugged only for him to take half a year to make a new update and start the cycle again. I really like this game and I had high hopes for it like 2 years ago but asking people not to criticize his upload schedule, constant delays, or lack of communication regarding the game is dumb. I'm not asking to have some special fetish added I just want to know what is being worked on and when a functioning version of the game will be available.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes