RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

llat-2

Jun 1, 2023
What do the stats Control, Empathy, Dignity and Charisma do in game? Do they give you special dialogue choices for having certain amounts?

TheNumber7

Feb 15, 2021
I updated from an old version and my saves are outdated now. I actually did replay through everything, though. Unironically one of the very few NSFW games I didn't actually mind replaying and still had fun with.

i didnt even cheat this time

Reactions: Bacace124
Aug 27, 2022
im not really good at this stuff, how do you use mtools?
Download Mtool from here you don't need to pay for the patreon subscription the tool is free, extract the tool and launch it. Then you just drag the "game" file for Katalist into the tool and press "Start Game" from Mtool.

Reactions: Evizzy89

Sazder

Jan 28, 2018
I wanted to ask, did anyone was able to find a way to open that sealed traphole in the house next to Dilan's gravestone in the woods? If so what is in there?

LoverOfOO

Dec 5, 2018
Just played through this game for the first time. Well,not sure how far in I am since the latest walkthrough is ancient, but I gave up on the spider (Enna?). Just can't take it anymore. The game broke me :cry:
Been following development for a while, but I recently saw people talking about toilet/scat scenes coming up so I figured I would give it a shot. Turns out I probably should've followed my gut feeling on that one and just waited for an updated gallery or 1.0 to see if that's true or not, lol.

The start is good enough with plenty of scenes and decent pacing, and slow build-ups do work really well with characters like Beverly (best character imo), but MAN does the game become a slog eventually.
Really not sure WHAT happened in the development cycle but there's a very noticeable shift with everything after Bonnie.
It seems to turn from an enjoyable,if a bit slow, femdom-focused ToT-style game (up to Bonnie) into
>60% talking with highschool dudes and zombies about wizards, conspiracies, rituals and death, holding enter key for literal HOURS to get through long talking scene after long talking scene
>35% fetch quests, walking through depressing gore-filled dungeons fetching the items you need to progress while having to dodge/fight trash mobs that also start draining your levels and just annoying you (ENNA)
>5% sexual content with less and less actually dominant or fleshed out characters and less scenes (usually 1-2 scenes per character, and none of them seem actually interested in dominating the main character, and even the old characters behave very casual and uninterested in sexual things all of a sudden)

Also what's with the extreme gore focus starting from that point too? It eventually just becomes soooo much. I get that some people are into guro and gore but man is it a boner killer if you're not, with how much there is from bonnie onwards. it's just misery to walk through corridors and corridors of rust and blood and every second scene involves murder threats, serial killers, corpses, decapitation and half-eaten zombies or blood-covered people.

So yea, not sure what happened or if it's just personal opinion/exhaustion after spending 26 hours on the game hoping to get toilet scenes (which only Beverly and Mikki have so far and which were great), but it is unfortunate.
I do hope development gets back to focusing more on sexual content. I know some people (especially people who are invested in the game) care about the lore and story and all that, but out of all the femdom games I played aside from maybe Peniban Quest, this game is the longest and most exhausting. It *turns into* a long slog to get through the ever-increasing lore/story dumps.

That being said: Is there actually scat scene(s) yet? Or a reasonable potential for some being implemented? I know "toilet" was a winner in the polls and people have been mentioning it in the thread a lot a few months ago like it was coming, but since there's no trigger for it I'm assuming that never happened? I know people are very vocal and split on that subject, but considering there is tons of unskippable,unblockable GORE,murder and decapitation, I figured having an optional scat toggle wouldn't be THAT strange and offensive.

And if anyone can enlighten me on how far I am into the game (Enna/the abandoned mansion thing) and if there's any more worthwhile sexual content coming up, I'd appreciate it. The walkthrough stops ages before.
Cause I might force myself through the rest if there's a potential for future toilet scenes or good content coming up, but currently I am broken and defeated (responding to "too much story" with a wall of text lol)

The Big Boss

Jul 8, 2018
I really wish Tearycian stayed on focus and kept it as a nice grounded experience.

After the main girls dropped off in importance it became just such a chore t find the H scenes because of so much complexity, almost to the point where they were like easter eggs (like the teacher scene needing to spend 30 minutes getting the scenes to trigger).

These games work so much better when all the content is easier and more straightforward to access, I dont want to have to follow a 10 paragraph guide to play an H game...

I think its just important in finding a good balance between story and H scenes where the story doesnt just complety come off the rails and spiral out of control after the first few boss girls.

Still an amazing game and was happy to be a patreon for the first 6 months of development when the game was at its best.

Teary I would just start a completely fresh project at this point so new people dont have 30 hours of gameplay to experience the new content you are putting out.

I think a nice fresh start would be great as you are really talented and have a lot of experience now.

Xbob1

Jul 13, 2020
I really wish Tearycian stayed on focus and kept it as a nice grounded experience.

After the main girls dropped off in importance it became just such a chore t find the H scenes because of so much complexity, almost to the point where they were like easter eggs (like the teacher scene needing to spend 30 minutes getting the scenes to trigger).

These games work so much better when all the content is easier and more straightforward to access, I dont want to have to follow a 10 paragraph guide to play an H game...

I think its just important in finding a good balance between story and H scenes where the story doesnt just complety come off the rails and spiral out of control after the first few boss girls.

Still an amazing game and was happy to be a patreon for the first 6 months of development when the game was at its best.

Teary I would just start a completely fresh project at this point so new people dont have 30 hours of gameplay to experience the new content you are putting out.

I think a nice fresh start would be great as you are really talented and have a lot of experience now.
I don't exactly agree with this. Don't get me wrong I fully understand where you are coming from but I would argue the game is beginning to find its footing and the plot is getting a lot more interesting. During the games early days I thought it was going to be a simple ToT clone but the game strikes me as a lot more unique than that and I love its atmosphere.

I think what a lot of people don't really understand about long term projects is that when you begin something, the enthusiasm and passion is at its strongest but as time goes on it starts to slowly go down, a lot of developers just go "I know, I will start something new." and it quickly snowballs into a mass of unfinished projects.

I see the story as more branching out like a tree with the beginning being quite simple but with the more characters you discover, the more interesting things get, this game is one of the few that actually catches my interest from a plot perspective.

As for the content grind I shrug it off as a EA thing. A feature complete Katalist I would expect to have multiple teachers, students and other side characters to interact and progress with so progression does not feel repetitive. However no characters (outside the succubus bosses) come close to the level of content/progression like Macky has and so yeah she does feel very grindy. I hope we will see more as I know there are more students and teachers coming and some characters have art in the game but simply no content to look into.

Katalist is a very unique experience as like I said it was something that I was going to shrug off at first but its really done a good job of getting me invested.

Reactions: NwSColeh and Sazder

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Just played through this game for the first time. Well,not sure how far in I am since the latest walkthrough is ancient, but I gave up on the spider (Enna?). Just can't take it anymore. The game broke me :cry:
Been following development for a while, but I recently saw people talking about toilet/scat scenes coming up so I figured I would give it a shot. Turns out I probably should've followed my gut feeling on that one and just waited for an updated gallery or 1.0 to see if that's true or not, lol.

The start is good enough with plenty of scenes and decent pacing, and slow build-ups do work really well with characters like Beverly (best character imo), but MAN does the game become a slog eventually.
Really not sure WHAT happened in the development cycle but there's a very noticeable shift with everything after Bonnie.
It seems to turn from an enjoyable,if a bit slow, femdom-focused ToT-style game (up to Bonnie) into
>60% talking with highschool dudes and zombies about wizards, conspiracies, rituals and death, holding enter key for literal HOURS to get through long talking scene after long talking scene
>35% fetch quests, walking through depressing gore-filled dungeons fetching the items you need to progress while having to dodge/fight trash mobs that also start draining your levels and just annoying you (ENNA)
>5% sexual content with less and less actually dominant or fleshed out characters and less scenes (usually 1-2 scenes per character, and none of them seem actually interested in dominating the main character, and even the old characters behave very casual and uninterested in sexual things all of a sudden)

Also what's with the extreme gore focus starting from that point too? It eventually just becomes soooo much. I get that some people are into guro and gore but man is it a boner killer if you're not, with how much there is from bonnie onwards. it's just misery to walk through corridors and corridors of rust and blood and every second scene involves murder threats, serial killers, corpses, decapitation and half-eaten zombies or blood-covered people.

So yea, not sure what happened or if it's just personal opinion/exhaustion after spending 26 hours on the game hoping to get toilet scenes (which only Beverly and Mikki have so far and which were great), but it is unfortunate.
I do hope development gets back to focusing more on sexual content. I know some people (especially people who are invested in the game) care about the lore and story and all that, but out of all the femdom games I played aside from maybe Peniban Quest, this game is the longest and most exhausting. It *turns into* a long slog to get through the ever-increasing lore/story dumps.

That being said: Is there actually scat scene(s) yet? Or a reasonable potential for some being implemented? I know "toilet" was a winner in the polls and people have been mentioning it in the thread a lot a few months ago like it was coming, but since there's no trigger for it I'm assuming that never happened? I know people are very vocal and split on that subject, but considering there is tons of unskippable,unblockable GORE,murder and decapitation, I figured having an optional scat toggle wouldn't be THAT strange and offensive.

And if anyone can enlighten me on how far I am into the game (Enna/the abandoned mansion thing) and if there's any more worthwhile sexual content coming up, I'd appreciate it. The walkthrough stops ages before.
Cause I might force myself through the rest if there's a potential for future toilet scenes or good content coming up, but currently I am broken and defeated (responding to "too much story" with a wall of text lol)
there is actually tons of H-scenes, for characters as you continually lose you get options to stare at body parts that unlock unique grapples also eventually you get "kneel" options for surrendering, and then eventually "crawl" options and some characters also have mindbreak although it is a chore to get some of the scenes that are non-succubus related, but as for the succubus its pretty straight forward (and there is a gallery for the version before this one this new update didnt add much H content anyway)

as for your question about toilet/scat scenes, that will be this this comings update as Bonnie won the last poll and he said specifically there will be scat scenes she actually had implied scat scenes like 6 updates ago but they got removed
so I would recommend waiting waiting till next update

Once you finish Enna thats end of content

Reactions: LoverOfOO

Sazder

Jan 28, 2018
alright im just new here, no need to be rude like that.
Man, i just found out that you can search for things in the specific treads you want after a YEAR of lurking. It happened because someone was teaching a new guy with prints... It is not the most obvious mechanic on this site.

S3ri4l

Jun 7, 2020
Reactions: Nait Sieve

boblolz

Jul 6, 2021
You can search for macky, but half of the threads are complains about ppl being stuck.
There are not a lot of solutions.

I had the same problem before something fixed it for me in a previous save.

Macky is sleeping at evening in her room. I can turn an assignment even if I have nothing in the inventory. I can't make an assignment, no option in the library. If I interact with the shoes, it says I made a mess or not now.
She refuses to talk to me in the teacher's room in the afternoon, and at night, she just has the normal interaction.
Already skipped a lot of classes, sleeping or attending class doesn't seem to matter at all.

NwSColeh

Dec 7, 2020
Finally all caught up with the main story after a lengthy replay. Teary simply continues to impress, geez, at this point I'm not bothered by the lower h scene count. The plot's intrigue drowns out the horny at times.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Re-experiencing the earlier events also reminded me of Ayleen name dropping Svelva during the first meeting way back when. Gotta wonder how far ahead Teary has been planning out the lore.
There's apparently a disadvantage in pushing story progression too fast as well: you'd miss scenes like Bonnie's dream sequences if you don't take enough days to view them before moving on to the next main quests. That, or they simply don't trigger if you've never lost to Bonnie and pick the "my own way" route.

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes