RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Not gonna go down the whole 'Koda vibes' route, because Koda is in a class of his own with delays (countdown timers, jesus wept).

I do think all of these guys should stop giving ETAs for their updates. No benefits to them whatsoever, unless they somehow get the update in early, which mever happens, and when they miss it it sets them up for perhaps unfair criticism

ToxicNoob

Oct 13, 2020
Guys,How I Can Change My Name? I Downloaded "RpgMakerSaveEdit" But I Dont Know Which Item Is Changing Name...

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
Not gonna go down the whole 'Koda vibes' route, because Koda is in a class of his own with delays (countdown timers, jesus wept).

I do think all of these guys should stop giving ETAs for their updates. No benefits to them whatsoever, unless they somehow get the update in early, which mever happens, and when they miss it it sets them up for perhaps unfair criticism
Its almost certainly unfair. Not the fact that it happens, but to the degree some people take it to. In this case, it’s a uni student, making something for the first time. I don’t know if Teary does the artwork, but if so that’s an additional layer of work on a single person, and if it isn’t that’s an additional layer of abstraction to other people that can cause delays. As someone who has somewhat recently graduated, with a Comp Sci degree, and worked professionally in the arts, let’s be more understanding, reasonable, but also still critical.

lil edit: In other news I am really looking forward to the update! The early combat end bug was stopping me from going forward, it would happen on every grab from Miki. Finished out Ayleens stuff in the meantime (unless you get something for feeding her multiple times?) and man she is just my absolute favorite. Doing that seemed to get me the covert cube thing? And now I’m also wondering if there are other people in the “normal” world besides Miss Macky who have scenes and stuff

(not asking for instructions/direct spoilers, just sharing my thoughts :) )

Last edited:

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Its almost certainly unfair. Not the fact that it happens, but to the degree some people take it to. In this case, it’s a uni student, making something for the first time. I don’t know if Teary does the artwork, but if so that’s an additional layer of work on a single person, and if it isn’t that’s an additional layer of abstraction to other people that can cause delays. As someone who has somewhat recently graduated, with a Comp Sci degree, and worked professionally in the arts, let’s be more understanding, reasonable, but also still critical.

lil edit: In other news I am really looking forward to the update! The early combat end bug was stopping me from going forward, it would happen on every grab from Miki. Finished out Ayleens stuff in the meantime (unless you get something for feeding her multiple times?) and man she is just my absolute favorite. Doing that seemed to get me the covert cube thing? And now I’m also wondering if there are other people in the “normal” world besides Miss Macky who have scenes and stuff

(not asking for instructions/direct spoilers, just sharing my thoughts :) )
I thought I was pretty reasonable to be honest! I meant it constructively anyway, no use in Teary or anyone else setting themselves up to miss a target. If it was me I would share progress reports, explain what I am doing and want to do next. I just wouldn't add an ETA. Teary has been doing great work as far as I am concerned.

I think for now its just Miss Macky, although this update might add some more. Ayleen is my favourite too, although I reckon a fully fleshed out Miki might be able to take over the top spot!

GooGo

Aug 22, 2018
Mind sharing the entire backlog of discord?
I'm now also curious. Run a 'from:Tearycian' in discord and return all results if you don't mind.
If for the backlog you mean all the messages they made to teary before writing that post, well they were just the usual messages where they were hype to see the new update and also put gifs and funny pics to spur him to release the update. Teary doesn't talk much on discord except for this message that I put, the last message dates back when he had put the new previews and the update was estimated for July 17. After the message , other users started talking about the new release of Bo wei and Koda mentioning also other femdom games like Msize , Incubus Quest and more. Nothing else.

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
I thought I was pretty reasonable to be honest! I meant it constructively anyway, no use in Teary or anyone else setting themselves up to miss a target. If it was me I would share progress reports, explain what I am doing and want to do next. I just wouldn't add an ETA. Teary has been doing great work as far as I am concerned.

I think for now its just Miss Macky, although this update might add some more. Ayleen is my favourite too, although I reckon a fully fleshed out Miki might be able to take over the top spot!
I think quoting the whole post may have been misleading but yeah I agree with you! I mostly use mobile during the day, don’t need people seeing this site open as they walk by my desk if I have the laptop set up lol. Too lazy to cut things down on my phone. But yeah It’s a difficult situation because people like to have an expectation, and you want to give that to them, but if anything goes wrong it can be tough. Same with all creative work, you find those bad experiences and remember them while maybe not recalling the super satisfied people as vividly.

Also I think it may be because I like such a wide breadth of things but seems like we have some shared tastes ;) Miki seems set up to be fantastic

Reactions: besaid

GooGo

Aug 22, 2018
I hope there are new exciting scenes with Maven and Macky, they are my favorites since he released them (Also Ayleen). The new scene with Macky in the previews makes my heart explode out of my chest.

Reactions: SnakeSnek

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
You remember how a certain game should not get mentioned because it's a hivemind for financially dominated worshippers?

There you have it. Teary is not into that, but he has that kind of users in his backer base. Teary is an artist on top of this, so if he gets word of what happened to the artists referenced, he could get pretty pissed to see Katalist assets being casually reused when he worked overtime on it and made almost no money from it, or Katalist concepts, and the convo dropping from Katalist at all when he tries to tell users about his progress.

I'm aware this post is dangerous but at this point people who still don't know need to get the idea.

Losing an artist is a huge loss. You can always replace developers because RPG Maker coding isn't rocket science and because code is far from unique, anyone here, myself included, could code. No one will replace Teary's art because yes, that is unique.

As far as I can tell, though, it's not exactly offtopic, but a moderator or staff member is free to tell me if I did anything wrong and I'll apologize and respect their decision. This just had to be said again, and in clear terms.

Edit: Another quick emphasis that you do not need RPG Maker at all to code since RPG Maker MV, and while I don't really like MV and MZ, this is one major redeeming point when things go south. But this only applies to code - it's basically open-source and RPG Maker does not try to 'encrypt' it at all. Even obfuscation won't change that anyway. Older RPG Maker engines used a mix of languages and didn't provide fully accessible code to the end user, so you had to reverse engineer it in some way. No reverse engineering required here.
Hey thanks for this, I actually don’t have any insight to the whole situation around that and I’m starting to piece things together a bit now. I can see why people discussing that could be an indicator of other, serious problems. If you don’t mind and are ok with talking about it could you share some details with me about it? Please don’t feel like you have to, I like to have well informed opinions but I will survive not knowing about it, just is odd I feel like I shouldn’t even mention it given by how it’s seemingly treated. Does this site even have dms? If it’s against the rules too we can speak somewhere else? Perhaps discord?

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
Hey thanks for this, I actually don’t have any insight to the whole situation around that and I’m starting to piece things together a bit now. I can see why people discussing that could be an indicator of other, serious problems. If you don’t mind and are ok with talking about it could you share some details with me about it? Please don’t feel like you have to, I like to have well informed opinions but I will survive not knowing about it, just is odd I feel like I shouldn’t even mention it given by how it’s seemingly treated. Does this site even have dms? If it’s against the rules too we can speak somewhere else? Perhaps discord?
The long and short of it is that another very popular femdom game similar to this one is infamous for consistent delays and being put off for other projects by the same developers. Because of that game any femdom game with any kind of delays immediately gets put on blast because people are restless about that other game and are afraid the developer will turn out like the other one. From what I’ve seen Teary had been on time for other updates so this one being difficult isn’t a huge deal to me but obviously others disagree.

Reactions: Bacace124

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
Bacace124 Mostly what SSDiamond said, on top of some particularly damning criminal activity with Patreon's full blessings.

Teary being the artist here is put at risk of having his art stolen, but I'm mostly concerned about him burning out as even though I absolutely loathe Patreon and their scam schemes, it is Teary's decision to go with that, he has a single plan that isn't even much money, only a handful of regular backers, and, again as SSDiamond said, dedicates all of his free time to Katalist.

A friend of mine on F95 recently abandoned a project - technically on hold, but the developer insisted they they did not want to give people false hope - they were really motivated in due to RL issues. They were doing it for free and spending all of their free time on it. While they refused to release the 'final code' just in case they could never come back to it (which is sad, but a decision I respect), it also shows the difference between motivation and pure greed.

Teary is motivated. He's doing things wrong, sure, but he's motivated, and he's not letting his mind getting out of the way with some kind of half-assed sequel or other fancy shit when he knows the project he focuses on needs a lot of work. If you are reading this, Teary, or if your backers (preferrably not the ones who will completely rewrite this to make it sound like bashing instead of encouragement) want to share it with you, please remember that F95 is here for you and we love you for your art, dialogue and dedication.

If you cannot code, if you cannot fix the bugs, and if you don't have the time to do it, don't overwork yourself. Release what you can, when you can. We can fix the bugs if we have to. We cannot draw for you, that's someone only you can draw, and in the undying words of zazzaro: the art grows on you.

This is why I absolutely have zero tolerance or forgiveness for blatant art theft and full-blown audience manipulation to make it look like it's original when it is not. Katalist is fully original. Teary is no developer yet he used a credits file to credit everyone he borrowed javascript plugins from. I repeat, he is no developer. We all know, and he knows it as well, that his code is sloppy.

The funny part is even though his code is sloppy, it not only runs, but there's a motivated developer behind it with actual work ethics. And I'll take that over any kind of code anyone could ever provide. So Teary, hear us out there, do what you do best, keep drawing, don't give up, and don't overwork. Take your time, polish details if you have to, but don't overdo it.

Artists love to make things subtle so polishing can take a lot of time, and then you won't be satisfied. The release will be bugged either way, but don't let people pressure you or compare your games to games that shouldn't even be allowed to be called things. We can playtest. We can help. All of us. Even the ones who never touched any code in their lives. In our own ways.

That sounded like some kind of whiteknighty rant but that's it. I don't want to see a good artist get blown away by cultists. Never again. Never, never ever again. Enough ripoffs.

And I'd like to believe I'm not the only one because now I feel like all those "I my me" make it sound selfish and arrogant.

Apologies for the very long post. If you can truncate it, that'd be appreciated. Depression does that to you.
You aren’t alone friend! Neither is Teary! If for some reason they see this, I just want to add that no one can ever create what you do other than you. While my experience is in music and not visual art, the same exact thing applies. Pursue it because you love it, and remember that you should only compare yourself to where you once were, not where other people are now.

<3

Sep 29, 2018
You remember how a certain game should not get mentioned because it's a hivemind for financially dominated worshippers?

There you have it. Teary is not into that, but he has that kind of users in his backer base. Teary is an artist on top of this, so if he gets word of what happened to the artists referenced, he could get pretty pissed to see Katalist assets being casually reused when he worked overtime on it and made almost no money from it, or Katalist concepts, and the convo dropping from Katalist at all when he tries to tell users about his progress.

I'm aware this post is dangerous but at this point people who still don't know need to get the idea.

Losing an artist is a huge loss. You can always replace developers because RPG Maker coding isn't rocket science and because code is far from unique, anyone here, myself included, could code. No one will replace Teary's art because yes, that is unique.

As far as I can tell, though, it's not exactly offtopic, but a moderator or staff member is free to tell me if I did anything wrong and I'll apologize and respect their decision. This just had to be said again, and in clear terms.

Edit: Another quick emphasis that you do not need RPG Maker at all to code since RPG Maker MV, and while I don't really like MV and MZ, this is one major redeeming point when things go south. But this only applies to code - it's basically open-source and RPG Maker does not try to 'encrypt' it at all. Even obfuscation won't change that anyway. Older RPG Maker engines used a mix of languages and didn't provide fully accessible code to the end user, so you had to reverse engineer it in some way. No reverse engineering required here.
Well tbh people in the discord were just mentionning the updates coming up and what they were looking forward to, I can picture how you could percieve it as problematic given the context and how little info you got on what was said but people were just sharing their hype about different projects. Given how on f95 we try to keep the threads focused on one game, I feel like there's no problem discussing that on discord instead. I honestly respect what you're doing for this community and really don't want to come off as rude, just that I feel you might be jumping to conclusions here.

Reactions: Bacace124

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
You know, on looking at the discussion around the update images I just realized... you can lock pick into peoples rooms?! And some have items? Man I never would’ve guessed I assumed it might’ve been un implemented for special chests or something later!!! I have more things to try now :)

I’m a bit crazy so I think I will at some point try a hardest difficulty only play through (I believe someone said Vanilla is actually the hardest?) just for fun and to also lose a lot of course :D but I’ll need every item I can get!

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
I believe someone said Vanilla is actually the hardest?) just for fun and to also lose a lot of course :D but I’ll need every item I can get!
no, it's like the 3rd hardest iirc. i tried the hardest one once and got pretty much oneshot. it's no fun. even with vanilla you have a hard time, but at least it's somewhat doable

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes