RPGM Katalist [v0.097.6] [Tearycian]

4.80 star(s) 31 Votes

Bacace124

Jun 9, 2021
no, it's like the 3rd hardest iirc. i tried the hardest one once and got pretty much oneshot. it's no fun. even with vanilla you have a hard time, but at least it's somewhat doable
Really? That’s wild, could’ve sworn I saw a post about the level difference, struggle success, and potentially other stuff being even harder on Vanilla. Seemed to check out cuz I have very very rarely succeeded my struggles the whole game so far lol. If hardest difficulty right now is basically “you have literally no hope” then maybe not... but if it’s “make a mistake you die” that’s what I’m into :)

ati1082

Dec 12, 2018
Katalist vs ToT battle of the update, which will come first the suspense is killing me
I dont see this as a battle. It will probably be a one sided slaughter since we are talking about Koda here. You know how he likes to upload updates every month as he usually promises. :)

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Thanks to Nait Sieve, GreenPlanet and The Big Boss for the guide by the way.
just want to clarify that i had nothing to do with the guide. just went a few pages back to look at it, since i recalled that it had something regarding difficulties in it
dude, "comments" like this just pollute this place. you mentioned that we filled 50 pages since the announcement and comments like that don't help. if you like what someone writes or find it funny or bad without the wish to actually write a comment, then use a "like" emoticon of your choice instead.

Last edited:

ΛGUERO

Nov 13, 2020
dude, "comments" like this just pollute this place. you mentioned that we filled 50 pages since the announcement and comments like that don't help. if you like what someone writes or find it funny or bad without the wish to actually write a comment, then use a "like" emoticon of your choice instead.
chill deine eier

• Haha
Reactions: Mk_ and lonelyleaf

datguy4321

Apr 14, 2020
All I mind is when there is a deadline set and then it gets delayed past it, I had no problems with the hiatus, he can not upload anything for 5 years for all I care as long as there's no deadline tease

Ryonaman

Apr 15, 2018
Despite being pretty much the same as tot in terms of fetishes Katalist was really enjoyable, unique and had some very good cg (especially in later updates) at best some kinda ugly but charming cg like touhou at worst throughout, with a quite decent writing. So I really hope tearycian surprises us with a big update after all this wait because I think his content is worthwhile unlike %95 of cashgrab femdom games.

Reactions: SnakeSnek

blufalcon

Dec 14, 2018
I enjoy this game a lot but honestly I haven't been paying too much attention recently because of all the feet and smell content that's been added, and my personal preferences don't rate those two highly. I think it's been the past 3-4 bosses where it's kinda all just the same stuff (in my opinion at least). My favorite girl is Noo with Ayleen second.

I'm not into FinDom either and wasn't aware it was in the game. That said I'm not against it having at least one boss who makes it their gimmick. If it is in the game, who does it? I like variety for variety's sake. Once the enemies start getting a little same-y I end up getting kinda bored.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Even that isn't really full proof since bug fixing and playtesting are by far the most tedious and unpredictable parts of making a game. And what you may have thought were just a few bugs, could quickly turn into a seemingly endless rabbit hole.
So, one day you could tell your fans that you were almost done and that you only had a few more bugs to fix.
And then the next day you'd be forced to let them know that you may need many more days. Which some may not take very well, and you can bet they'll be vocal about it.
View attachment 1310830
Katalist has never been a polished game, it's always been a buggy mess that people would enjoy nonetheless. As long as the bugs aren't game-breaking I think most people can live with them. And if it's an endless stream of game-breaking bugs popping up one after another, then odds are Teary is doing something wrong.

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
Katalist has never been a polished game, it's always been a buggy mess that people would enjoy nonetheless. As long as the bugs aren't game-breaking I think most people can live with them. And it's an endless stream of game-breaking bugs popping up one after another, then there's something really wrong with the game developing process...
Still, you can be certain that all the bugs present in the game only make the 1% that slipped through the cracks.
A simple scene on RPG maker almost never plays out the way you want it to right from the get-go.
You have to constantly keep tweaking, and fixing stuff until it's at least in a playable state.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Still, you can be certain that all the bugs present in the game only make the 1% that slipped through the cracks.
We can't be certain of anything, because we aren't the ones working on Katalist, this is all just conjecture.
A simple scene on RPG maker almost never plays out the way you want it to right from the get-go.
You have to constantly keep tweaking, and fixing stuff until it's at least in a playable state.
Let's say this was the case. Teary has never had an issue ironing out all those supposed bugs before. What's changed now? How did we get from "full" monthly releases to an update that stays unfinished for nearly 4 months?
You can say you're disappointed in him while still being a Teary fan/supporter.

Reactions: RossoX

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
We can't be certain of anything, because we aren't the ones working on Katalist, this is all just conjecture.

Let's say this was the case. Teary has never had an issue ironing out all those supposed bugs before. What's changed now? How did we get from "full" monthly releases to an update that stays unfinished for nearly 4 months?
You can say you're disappointed in him while still being a Teary fan/supporter.
Even a simple new gimmick could cause that to happen.
But don't get me wrong though.
I wasn't defending nor was I bashing on anyone.
I was just stating some facts about making games.
Obviously, a jump from 1 to 4 months couldn't be due to just bugs. but it's not totally unrealistic for bugs to cause a few days of delay. (in this case since the 17th of July)

Reactions: chesire

Zenkuro

Game Developer
Feb 24, 2021
No new gimmick has been teased.
You're absolutely defending Teary, come on now.
Context matters, the newest delay comes from the back of an unfinished update from 3 months ago. It's safe to say that Teary has had more than a couple of days to do the usual ironing out of bugs for this newest piece of content. Also, that doesn't excuse him from saying it'd be ready when it totally wasn't, again.

I don't wanna go hard on Teary since he'd been good thus far, but seeing how afraid of criticizing him some of you people are gives me 'ToT community' flashbacks.
If you wanna be good fans then respectfully point out flaws and don't be afraid of expressing your disappointment, instead of making up excuses for them and diligently sweeping their fuck-ups under the rug.
No, I only said those things because I'm making a game of this style myself. And I honestly don't even know how Teary managed to keep those monthly releases when he did literally everything himself, from art to programming.
I didn't want to mention it before because I didn't wanna sound like I'm self-promoting on someone else's thread.
That said, I'm not here to tell you you're wrong for thinking Teary didn't do right by his fans. You're entitled to your own opinion, and it is valid since he did technically underdeliver compared to what he used to.
But I can say one thing for certain, if he really did everything by himself, then he must've sacrificed a self-destructing amount of time to meet those deadlines.

Reactions: Jegal Taek
4.80 star(s) 31 Votes