Collection Video KawaiiDetectiveEnthusiast [2021-08-20] [KDE]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

MrFace92

Oct 21, 2020
Of course, I know... lol. I know where most of the decent-sized forums/groups/sites are sharing. There just isn't a lot I can do about it so I don't let it bother me. Not going to pull my hair out trying to chase it down across a bunch of sites. Not worth the mental hassle
If you did I'd never have known who/where you were to subscribe anyways, and I'll be upping my sub in a couple days and prob poking you about a request (Not that I expect it, just want the idea entertained)
I'm quite glad you exist in general, my friend.

CuteCop

Apr 6, 2018
If you did I'd never have known who/where you were to subscribe anyways, and I'll be upping my sub in a couple days and prob poking you about a request (Not that I expect it, just want the idea entertained)
I'm quite glad you exist in general, my friend.
It's a double-edged sword - but I have also pirated enough myself to be well aware that just because someone downloads from pirated content doesnt mean that they would have paid me for it (looking at you music/movie industry). These days I view it as people who want to support me are doing just that, otherwise like I say just let it drift on by cause not going to waste sleep on it

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
It's a double-edged sword - but I have also pirated enough myself to be well aware that just because someone downloads from pirated content doesnt mean that they would have paid me for it (looking at you music/movie industry). These days I view it as people who want to support me are doing just that, otherwise like I say just let it drift on by cause not going to waste sleep on it
damn, i wish every dev/artist thought the same

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
I maybe the exception of the rule, but I do paid back the content I pirated myself. If the creator made it convenience for me to buy it and it in a fair price. Some of which is service issues and unable to.
damn, i wish every dev/artist thought the same
If they did, people won't bother pirating since all their content will be available on their platform. Instead of playing this cat and mouse game to make content harder to obtain.

MrFace92

Oct 21, 2020
It's a double-edged sword - but I have also pirated enough myself to be well aware that just because someone downloads from pirated content doesn't mean that they would have paid me for it (looking at you music/movie industry). These days I view it as people who want to support me are doing just that, otherwise like I say just let it drift on by cause not going to waste sleep on it
W-Well... I mean... that's not what I was trying to say at all.
All that was intended was to say I'd have remained ignorant that you even exist, were it not for folks doing junk like is here on the forums. I'd have paid for access gladly regardless of how I'd found you, but there was really no other option but something like this. It's like that Vinput MF whoever they really are, once I got a single month sub to some dipshit low-level rapid-share-clone simply because at the time it was literally the only place with which to find more than like 2 renders. Nowadays you can find it all on Sankaku Complex' booru, but I'm talking like at least 10 years ago I think.
Trust me friend; I'm glad to throw my money at you. So few people put in effort on par with yours, that it's always worth recognizing.

CuteCop

Apr 6, 2018
Oh - yeah sorry that may have come out backward, I was positing the other side of the piracy thing. It is dual aspect which is more what I mean when I say double-edged.

Like you say it can expose people to content they may never have seen/discovered without it, and they may choose to support it.

At the same time just because someone is pirating, doesnt mean that if I waged war on changing the password every three days they would instead choose to sub, most would just move on and not bother.

herbstpoet

Apr 18, 2018
Oh - yeah sorry that may have come out backward, I was positing the other side of the piracy thing. It is dual aspect which is more what I mean when I say double-edged.

Like you say it can expose people to content they may never have seen/discovered without it, and they may choose to support it.

At the same time just because someone is pirating, doesnt mean that if I waged war on changing the password every three days they would instead choose to sub, most would just move on and not bother.
Yeah, changing the password in short intervals would probably bother the supporters much more than the pirates, just like most DRM methods do in gaming. But I think most people aren't pirating and are actually willing to pay if the price and especially the service is good and fair.
Take GOG for example, their business model wouldn't work at all if there were more people pirating than paying, because none of the games on their platform have any DRM at all. You can also easily abuse the service of GOG, for example by buying a game, downloading the offline installer and instantly refunding while keeping the game files. Bam, you just got a game for free. Or buying and downloading, finish the game and than refund it since they give you 2 weeks to refund no matter how long you played, unlike Steam where you only get 2 hours until you can't refund anymore.
Yes, I'm pirating a lot myself, why else would I be on this forum, but I'm always buying a game if I really enjoy it. I'm basically just using piracy to get an extended demo and that not only saved me a lot of money but also a lot of stress and anger. You can't get every game on GOG and the 2 hours at Steam are often not enough time to test a game.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Reactions: CuteCop
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes