RPGM Kedama Qube- Misty and the Tower of Paradise

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Shisaye I need to ask, can you translate the game menus? B_D has translated the content, but there are still scripts.
It feels kinda weird to get requests to basically "make stuff someone already made, but better", without them even writing a detailed problem report to that someone first. (Unless there were DM's, I cannot know that.)

Has someone even asked broken_division if he/she/it could translate the scripts, too?

I've noticed that the MTL's of bd are still a bit rough/incomplete sometimes, but if people ask me to do it instead, how is he/she/it supposed to improve?

Sorry if this post sounds very negative it just happened quite a bit lately.

Edit: Oh I'm dumb. I should have read the whole thread first, so we assume that he/she/it already gave up on the scripts?
Edit2: I'll look into it and I'll try to document what I've done so this doesn't become a problem again.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: broken_division

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
It feels kinda weird to get requests to basically "make stuff someone already made, but better", without them even writing a detailed problem report to that someone first. (Unless there were DM's, I cannot know that.)

Has someone even asked broken_division if he/she/it could translate the scripts, too?

I've noticed that the MTL's of bd are still a bit rough/incomplete sometimes, but if people ask me to do it instead, how is he/she/it supposed to improve?

Edit: Oh I'm dumb. I should have read the whole thread first, so we assume that he/she/it already gave up on the scripts?
Edit2: I'll look into it and I'll try to document what I've done so this doesn't become a problem again.
Yes, as he had said, he couldn't translate the scripts, and that was all that was left. I'm not a translator, so I don't know how difficult that would be. But the gameplay is harmed by having names, status, items and menus in Japanese.

broken_division

Compressor
Oct 4, 2017

i would love to learn that
it will came in handy

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
i would love to learn that
it will came in handy
Alrighty really bad tutorial incoming:

Normally you would use the official Ace editor for this, but I will purposely only use free stuff (Translator++ and Google-Translate) and Windows 10.

First you batch translate the scripts. (like you probably did) and you'll end up with this stuff:
1.png
The first thing wrong with this is the spaces between "%" and "s" Google made. To fix that go to search, replace and type in this:
2.png
After that you could add proper spaces to those lines so it looks nicer in-game, but those will work regardless.
Further down you see lines with a bunch of "/" in them and stuff like "'save*rvdata2'" whenever you see something like that you can be very sure that It's referencing files and if you change any of those lines stuff will break. So completely get rid of the translations.
3.png
Then you have a ton of this sorta stuff:
4.png
That is for the in-game keyboard to type in a name. Get rid of all translations here, too. You can keep 'Kana' 'Decision' and 'English numbers', but otherwise just get rid of all of it.
Next section, like the first section, look for things that just don't make sense to show up in-game like these 2:
5.png
or things that don't need a translation because they're not even including Japanese moonrunes in the first place.

Also while not in this case, a really common problem with scripts is that your machine translation eats a " or replaces a ' with a ". So always make sure that stuff that is supposed to be in "" has both and it also cannot have more than both. For example
'You can't do that'
will crash your game, because it thinks the entry is "you can" but then it still has a loose "t do that'" and commits die.

I've attached the finished scripts to this post as well as edited items.

The reason your item entries still have Japanese is because your custom escaper prevents Google_Translate from touching things in "[]".
In a lot of cases that remaining Japanese is just "type" or something else repeated. So you could use the replace function to relatively effortlessly add those translations manually after your batch translation finished, or edit your custom escaper (but that can break a lot of stuff).
6.png
There's also a bunch of other missing translations because of the custom escaper, that you would need to fill in manually (If you want 100% translated).
Every time the text is supposed to have a special color for example. (I only touched Items and Scripts.)

broken_division

Compressor
Oct 4, 2017
Alrighty really bad tutorial incoming:

Normally you would use the official Ace editor for this, but I will purposely only use free stuff (Translator++ and Google-Translate) and Windows 10.

First you batch translate the scripts. (like you probably did) and you'll end up with this stuff:
View attachment 1640543
The first thing wrong with this is the spaces between "%" and "s" Google made. To fix that go to search, replace and type in this:
View attachment 1640544
After that you could add proper spaces to those lines so it looks nicer in-game, but those will work regardless.
Further down you see lines with a bunch of "/" in them and stuff like "'save*rvdata2'" whenever you see something like that you can be very sure that It's referencing files and if you change any of those lines stuff will break. So completely get rid of the translations.
View attachment 1640545
Then you have a ton of this sorta stuff:
View attachment 1640546
That is for the in-game keyboard to type in a name. Get rid of all translations here, too. You can keep 'Kana' 'Decision' and 'English numbers', but otherwise just get rid of all of it.
Next section, like the first section, look for things that just don't make sense to show up in-game like these 2:
View attachment 1640547
or things that don't need a translation because they're not even including Japanese moonrunes in the first place.

Also while not in this case, a really common problem with scripts is that your machine translation eats a " or replaces a ' with a ". So always make sure that stuff that is supposed to be in "" has both and it also cannot have more than both. For example
'You can't do that'
will crash your game, because it thinks the entry is "you can" but then it still has a loose "t do that'" and commits die.

I've attached the finished scripts to this post as well as edited items.

The reason your item entries still have Japanese is because your custom escaper prevents Google_Translate from touching things in "[]".
In a lot of cases that remaining Japanese is just "type" or something else repeated. So you could use the replace function to relatively effortlessly add those translations manually after your batch translation finished, or edit your custom escaper (but that can break a lot of stuff).
View attachment 1640548
There's also a bunch of other missing translations because of the custom escaper, that you would need to fill in manually (If you want 100% translated).
Every time the text is supposed to have a special color for example. (I only touched Items and Scripts.)
Now i get it i was searching for spaces and i came up with the entire game:LOL:
For the next MLT i will put a little more attention thanks to you(y)
my quick and dirty debug routine was to mark the red and blue lines to not be translated
and that make some of the games to not crash (not immediately at least)
Thanks again you Rock!

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Sorry for not updated this request for awhile. honestly? I forgot I posted it cuz it didn't get much traction, but I'm glad to see some people who are interested in a translated version of this game.

I, myself, am not a translator by any means. the most I could do is rearrange broken English files with the original release ones and create a playable abomination of the current broken mtl. in short, if you have a working translation and would like it posted or a translation in progress and would like to post it for some help, just hit me up and I'll put it on the front page with a description and an in thanks of

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sorry for not updated this request for awhile. honestly? I forgot I posted it cuz it didn't get much traction, but I'm glad to see some people who are interested in a translated version of this game.

I, myself, am not a translator by any means. the most I could do is rearrange broken English files with the original release ones and create a playable abomination of the current broken mtl. in short, if you have a working translation and would like it posted or a translation in progress and would like to post it for some help, just hit me up and I'll put it on the front page with a description and an in thanks of
I kinda forgot this thread existed and back then I was hoping he would fix it.
(But that was over a year ago.)

I could make a proper SLRMTL for it if you want, but I would actually need the game first.
I cannot find a working download link for the latest version 1.03.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I kinda forgot this thread existed and back then I was hoping he would fix it.
(But that was over a year ago.)

I could make a proper SLRMTL for it if you want, but I would actually need the game first.
I cannot find a working download link for the latest version 1.03.
The only download I know of that works is the sxshentai.com one, but I only think that's 1.01. If you want me to upload that version as a mega file I will

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The only download I know of that works is the sxshentai.com one, but I only think that's 1.01. If you want me to upload that version as a mega file I will
No, I only work on the latest version of games, so that someone who actually bought the game can also use the translation, and I don't want to fix old bugs.

I would guess that If someone actually cares about this they will provide it at some point.
It's been over a year, I don't think there's a rush to finish this. :KEK:

Fiamos

Jan 4, 2020
No, I only work on the latest version of games, so that someone who actually bought the game can also use the translation, and I don't want to fix old bugs.

I would guess that If someone actually cares about this they will provide it at some point.
It's been over a year, I don't think there's a rush to finish this. :KEK:
So... 1.03, along with 2 separate attempts at making partials.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After a specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for v1.03.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

I found no reference in the files that confirmed the version number, but I'm just gonna take Fiamos's word for it.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.1: Fixed some rogue \

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Once someone finishes a working translation; mtl or otherwise, I'll put it on the front page and see about getting it ready to be put on the site like every other game. BTW, I'm not the best at trying to get things moved over... I'll probably need someone to hold my hand and guide me through the steps

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Once someone finishes a working translation; mtl or otherwise, I'll put it on the front page and see about getting it ready to be put on the site like every other game. BTW, I'm not the best at trying to get things moved over... I'll probably need someone to hold my hand and guide me through the steps
I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is the translation section. Your thread was moved back then.
This thread will not be locked, or deleted, like a Game-Request thread.
If people want to grab a translation, or talk about it, they can freely do that here regardless of the OP, or the existence of a game thread.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I wouldn't worry too much about it. This is the translation section. Your thread was moved back then.
This thread will not be locked, or deleted, like a Game-Request thread.
If people want to grab a translation, or talk about it they can freely do that here regardless of the OP, or the existence of a game thread.
O..... I didn't know translation was a safezone thread. I feel more at ease now

mrericsan

Sep 21, 2021
i got kick out of the game right after entering the 1st dungeon with this massage

mistyJPG.JPG

Attached a save file. the dungeon can be enter right after talking to the man in front

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
i got kick out of the game right after entering the 1st dungeon with this massage

View attachment 2642230

Attached a save file. the dungeon can be enter right after talking to the man in front
Sounds like a missing ", I'll look into it.
That stuff is really hard to automate, so usually I check and place them manually.

Edit: Huh.. It's not. Time for trial and error.
Edit2: Okay Apparently $ does not grab the end of a line consistently if it's a certain cell array. I had to use \n for a linebreak instead and then keep it with the replacer.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Is the text supposed to be small?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yup. For word wrapping.
I might went a bit overboard with 14, but it's not a bug.
I tend to use the
Code:
Font.default_size = 14
catchall method so even obscure UI gets scaled and no longer escapes the screen, but that makes dialogue really small.
That's the issue with automated stuff, sometimes it's barely enough because the dev specified some giant number elsewhere and half the dialogue box is blocked with an avatar, other times it's like this and you get font for ants.

If you absolutely can't read it I could try to increase the size again and instead change the font to a more condensed one. (Like Anton, or Stint.)
Font stuff is somewhat annoying with VX Ace.