Others KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! [Acid Style]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Another month and some change, another update!

This month I focused on getting the equipment menu sorted out with the help of my translator, NoxAeternae!
Due to both of our personal IRL schedules weighing us down, this took a significantly larger amount of time than prior. As well as some difficulties with this menu, in terms of fitting in text.
This menu, along with the gallery menu coming down the line, will be the most unclean localized section. There are several factors at play here, but to make a long story short, there's too much text to fit in a small area. With no real way to get around it. So I've condensed down all the text to critical info, and have decided when this gets released to also include a text file with all the full lore. Even condensing down as much as I could, there is still quite a bit of text spilling out past borders on screen. It certainly isn't pretty, but it is the best that can be done considering the limitations of the engine.

Preview screens can be seen on , or below in the spoiler.

My next planned section is either going to be all the text from the Intro to the start of Stage 2 (The Hidden Shore area), or a more lightweight pop-in text section that serves as tutorial messages. That decision will be left up to Nox for now though!

As a side note, the game's menu, and other sections of the game, uses images to display the text seen on screen. Stage intro text, new game, continue, etc are all BMPs. And I'm not much of a graphic designer, sadly, so I'm starting a to see what font everyone likes more. Please see the Main Menu spoiler to decide what sample you feel best fit the general feel of the game's aesthetic best. Or, if you have other ideas, please don't hesitate to voice them!
I used a font I felt best fit the design of the original, Kristen ITC. But included the basic fonts seen fairly often in English TL works, as I'm sure a lot of us are familiar with them.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
damn, the work is amzing !
cant wait to see more, you guys are doing a hard and exceptional work, thanks alot !

and that diffictulty level translation made me now realise after this many years, that rings only apear if slected higher than easy,
now im wondering what else can be obtained and were too :O

is there any map or list or walkrtought on items and such ?

but thx again <3

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
damn, the work is amzing !
cant wait to see more, you guys are doing a hard and exceptional work, thanks alot !

and that diffictulty level translation made me now realise after this many years, that rings only apear if slected higher than easy,
now im wondering what else can be obtained and were too :O

is there any map or list or walkrtought on items and such ?

but thx again <3

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

And I can tell you that playing on Hard mode does net you extra rings that wouldn't appear on Normal mode.
As for a walkthrough for all the rings and such, I don't have that atm. I may have it down the line when I get everything sorted out translation wise. But that will definitely be something to do once I get everything pulled.

• Red Heart
Reactions: cm4000 and thekill

haser213

Mar 29, 2021
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

And I can tell you that playing on Hard mode does net you extra rings that wouldn't appear on Normal mode.
As for a walkthrough for all the rings and such, I don't have that atm. I may have it down the line when I get everything sorted out translation wise. But that will definitely be something to do once I get everything pulled.
it wont work on my emulator

Slav1933

Jun 28, 2020
Could someone help me with the save file? I downloaded the one linked on page 7, but no matter what i do it won't pop up in the load game options

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Could someone help me with the save file? I downloaded the one linked on page 7, but no matter what i do it won't pop up in the load game options
Where did you put the Story01.dat file?
Did you rename it to a different number suffix? Story04, Story11, etc?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Ok sorry I'm a retard, I fixed it, but could you help me with the gallery? I'm having a little trouble finding it.
From the equipment menu, just click on the icon with the hearts on it.
There's other in-game galleries, but I don't recall specifically how to get to them, atm.
I'll probably be able to figure that out down the line as I'm working on the game.

AI3RAXA5

Sep 13, 2019
Not sure I can help you out there, I've never tried to run it on an emulator. This is a game that's meant to run on Windows, so may not work well outside of it.
I believe they are talking about a System Local emulator, which does seem to work in most cases. This game is probably the only one I have tried to launch and was not successful at all, maybe one day I'll see about setting my system local to Jap to see if that launches fine.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I believe they are talking about a System Local emulator, which does seem to work in most cases. This game is probably the only one I have tried to launch and was not successful at all, maybe one day I'll see about setting my system local to Jap to see if that launches fine.
Well, if so, that is definitely a different story entirely. As the game's code base is parsed in Japanese, and requires the ability of the OS to properly parse Japanese characters to run. (My ENG patch, or no.) Which in where if LocaleEmu doesn't work, your surefire method WILL be setting your locale to Japanese. There's no way around that, really. As, a) I'm not going to rebuild an entirely Japanese game engine into English (This TL costs enough already lol) nor b) Reprogram every last game event into English.
It is an issue of any H game using this engine, truthfully.

Last edited:

AI3RAXA5

Sep 13, 2019
Well, if so, that is definitely a different story entirely. As the game's code base is parsed in Japanese, and requires the ability of the OS to properly parse Japanese characters to run. (My ENG patch, or no.) Which in where if LocaleEmu doesn't work, your surefire method WILL be setting your locale to Japanese. There's no way around that, really. As, a) I'm not going to rebuild an entirely Japanese game engine into English (This TL costs enough already lol) nor b) Reprogram every last game event into English.
It is an issue of any H game using this engine, truthfully.
Agreed it is not worth the effort to basically recreate the game, especially when you can view all the BMPs easily.
I think some people also just don't know what exactly setting system local does which makes them afraid of it and opt for Emulators.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Agreed it is not worth the effort to basically recreate the game, especially when you can view all the BMPs easily.
I think some people also just don't know what exactly setting system local does which makes them afraid of it and opt for Emulators.
Well, I'd argue your first point about just viewing the bmps. But that's just because I'm a degenerate lol. I always find in-game is much better than the individual images separate. Or even the gallery. Just something about the scene being set up makes things better, imo. But again, degenerate lel.
And yes, it really doesn't affect much of anything in any capacity other than a key or two in English setups. Other than that your system still runs just as normal. Perhaps it's different in non-US systems, but I wouldn't have the background to test it.

AI3RAXA5

Sep 13, 2019
Well, I'd argue your first point about just viewing the bmps. But that's just because I'm a degenerate lol. I always find in-game is much better than the individual images separate. Or even the gallery. Just something about the scene being set up makes things better, imo. But again, degenerate lel.
And yes, it really doesn't affect much of anything in any capacity other than a key or two in English setups. Other than that your system still runs just as normal. Perhaps it's different in non-US systems, but I wouldn't have the background to test it.
Fair enough different people have different interests so the first point is quite subjective.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Once more with feeling, folks!

This month I have gotten back from Nox the intro sequence all the way to the start of the second map area. (The Hidden Beach) Meaning all the dialogue that occurs in that game time frame. (Which was quite text heavy, but I'm expecting/hoping the next sections won't be as big an undertaking for such a small section.)
This includes the extra clear you can complete of the forest area! (All maps in the game have a second clear objective that will net you extra equipment when playing through.)
We've also both settled on names for our twins, Lufa (the boy) and Rivi (the girl) and so all the other translated scenes had to be updated with those names as well.

Additionally, I want to take a brief moment to thank everyone who voted on my poll to voice their opinions on the text to use! Kristen came out on top with 4 and every other font came in a 3-way tie with 1 point (other than Felt). So the main menu, control tutorial, and anything else that works, will be using Kristen! While I will be Wild Words for the stage text intros, as Kristen felt too mismatched with those.

Preview screens are available, as usual, on or in the spoiler below.

I've also started working on adding translations for when you get items in game, but this will be a slower process, as I can't test for layout without finding that item in-game. So that is going to be the slowest thing to get translated.
I expect that next month's update will be a series of small items (Intro cut-in texts, map names, etc) or the second stage to the start of the fourth stage.
After getting those two done, I will probably release a partial for you all to play around with so I can get some more direct feedback, bug testing, and to help find anything else I missed. So I would expect it around the next 1.5 - 2 months, depending on my personal budget and time taken.

Last edited:

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
holy crap, those are amazing, just the huge effort, and even a aprox time release, im just so thankful lthat you keep working on it for motnhs nows, its sjut really good,
wanted to play for months, but wanted to wait till yoru over so id could enjoy it even more with your hard work, this translation is really gonna be good <3

keep it up, i believe in you, your doing a great and amzing work, best of luck in the future !

Reactions: TragicSolitude

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
holy crap, those are amazing, just the huge effort, and even a aprox time release, im just so thankful lthat you keep working on it for motnhs nows, its sjut really good,
wanted to play for months, but wanted to wait till yoru over so id could enjoy it even more with your hard work, this translation is really gonna be good <3

keep it up, i believe in you, your doing a great and amzing work, best of luck in the future !
Ahaha well thank you, I definitely appreciate it. The fact I'm spending so much on it definitely helps keeps me going cause of that sweet sunken cost fallacy lol.
The time release isn't too hard a thing to manage, the game already works, so it's just a matter of a back and forth between me and Nox.

But I definitely hope it will be good!

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes