Others KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! [Acid Style]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
any news from, since then ?
the translation is great and is a game i am so excited to play
I personally fell off due to some personal medical reasons during the last month or two, but I am unable to speak for the other gentleman. My main issue is that while I can't TL from Jap->Eng I am able to pull game text from the engine for others to TL in plaintext. I just don't know anyone who is able, or willing to, TL so I can replace the text in game. So currently I just have a text file that's sitting partly machine-TL'd with no other real input.

tl;dr: Fell off, have some in-game text pulled, but wasn't able to get it TL'd. Need TL help on my end.

Kuromarutaur

Jun 19, 2020
Only few people seems to be interested in this game, I feel like I'm doing a useless job. The full manual translation for this game would be fairly hard due to big amount of text. Also it's playable with Textractor, which is amazing programm tbh.

Reactions: thekill

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
I personally fell off due to some personal medical reasons during the last month or two, but I am unable to speak for the other gentleman. My main issue is that while I can't TL from Jap->Eng I am able to pull game text from the engine for others to TL in plaintext. I just don't know anyone who is able, or willing to, TL so I can replace the text in game. So currently I just have a text file that's sitting partly machine-TL'd with no other real input.

tl;dr: Fell off, have some in-game text pulled, but wasn't able to get it TL'd. Need TL help on my end.
im really sorry to hear, i hope you get better soon

as for the game, i bought i once it came outy, but unable to even understand what iwas doing,but took me several hours to finish it without understanding a thing and also missing alot of weapons and stuffs and how they work,
imo the tranlation is not usless but very welcome :3

tho i understand you or your other persone not being able to translate, wich manualy would be too much of a chore.
wasent another persone in this tread shower some sort of translation on another window, or some sort of machine translationg work ?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
im really sorry to hear, i hope you get better soon

as for the game, i bought i once it came outy, but unable to even understand what iwas doing,but took me several hours to finish it without understanding a thing and also missing alot of weapons and stuffs and how they work,
imo the tranlation is not usless but very welcome :3

tho i understand you or your other persone not being able to translate, wich manualy would be too much of a chore.
wasent another persone in this tread shower some sort of translation on another window, or some sort of machine translationg work ?
I'm fine for now, but thank you. Was just a "small" rough period if you will ahaha.

Like I said for myself, I have some text pulled, I just really need someone who actually has the capacity to do Jap->Eng tl, as I have some pulled but not tl'd. Currently though, aside from myself and Kuro, I haven't heard much so it's been just sitting unchanged. I tried putting a help request thread up even, looking for a tl'er, but it seemed to have garnered no interest. It may just be that no one was really interested in the game at this stage, as it has been out for a while.

I've heard Textractor works somewhat well, according to Kuro and a user on the previous page.

• Red Heart

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
I'm fine for now, but thank you. Was just a "small" rough period if you will ahaha.

Like I said for myself, I have some text pulled, I just really need someone who actually has the capacity to do Jap->Eng tl, as I have some pulled but not tl'd. Currently though, aside from myself and Kuro, I haven't heard much so it's been just sitting unchanged. I tried putting a help request thread up even, looking for a tl'er, but it seemed to have garnered no interest. It may just be that no one was really interested in the game at this stage, as it has been out for a while.

I've heard Textractor works somewhat well, according to Kuro and a user on the previous page.
what about machine translating or google translating, then filling the gap or making the sentenc make sense if they fail to be understandable ?

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
what about machine translating or google translating, then filling the gap or making the sentenc make sense if they fail to be understandable ?
I actually started with that for the equipment screen, and got a decent bit in. However, I don't think that'd be good for story as the game is quite NPC text heavy. So it'd more than likely come out relatively poorly. The screens I posted on page 5 were good examples of a portion of the work I started on the equipment screen and so on. For those curious, I have all the equipment text pulled and what I have partly translated up here. Anyone who opens the link can freely edit it on the page.

• Red Heart

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
wow that is alot of text, im sorry i cant help as i know nothing about japanese ;-;

i hope the best of luck to you 2 and know that i really love the work you guys do, its a game i love and always wished to understand it, i repect whatever decision you guys do ;-;

Thecat66666

Aug 7, 2020

There was a person in this thread earlier by the name of kromagnusapient who said that they were able to translate the game but did not have the technical knowhow to replace the text. I don't know if you already tried getting in contact with them but if you haven't it might be good to try.

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
There was a person in this thread earlier by the name of kromagnusapient who said that they were able to translate the game but did not have the technical knowhow to replace the text. I don't know if you already tried getting in contact with them but if you haven't it might be good to try.
I indeed already have, and sent them text to work with. However, I didn't hear back after they said they were going into a busy period. So I assume they forgot or are just too busy to. As it stands, what I have linked is a publicly editable collaborative text editor. So any changes that anyone makes (them included,) would be visible the moment it has changed.
Sadly, unless someone has money to hire and pay a professional TL'er, I don't see a TL happening anytime soon. As there is just so much that'd have to be done.
Although someone did do a quick TL on the 6th for a difficulty, so that's definitely appreciated!

Thecat66666

Aug 7, 2020
I indeed already have, and sent them text to work with. However, I didn't hear back after they said they were going into a busy period. So I assume they forgot or are just too busy to. As it stands, what I have linked is a publicly editable collaborative text editor. So any changes that anyone makes (them included,) would be visible the moment it has changed.
Sadly, unless someone has money to hire and pay a professional TL'er, I don't see a TL happening anytime soon. As there is just so much that'd have to be done.
Although someone did do a quick TL on the 6th for a difficulty, so that's definitely appreciated!
I just finished the the game using textractor. firstly, I loved the game, it was super enjoyable, and honestly I found the translations from the bing translate to be very understandable, and it mostly made sense except for a few grammatical issues which I was able to piece together anyway. So if you want to be able to get some work done on the translation reasonably, a combination between DeepL and bing translations (to have 2 different things to compare) and going over it to fix any grammatical errors would make a pretty good TL. I think it would much more reasonable to do it this way than it would be to just sit around and hope a translator happens to like the game (unless you want to actually pay a translator yourself). You can also combine anything Kuromarutaur had so you can have some translations done by a translator in there as well.

I'll be honest, tectractor was a pain in the ass to setup (took me several hours) so doing it that way wouldn't be completely meaningless, fixing any grammatical errors would also really improve the player experience for any new players, so its something to consider. Who knows, getting the translation finished might also boost the popularity of the game if you're lucky. that would certainly be a good bonus if it did happen. heh, maybe if the author noticed the spike in popularity they might make another update haha, that's very unlikely though.

Anyway, I'm just saying all of this because it seems to be a project you want to do, you have no obligation to do it the way I'm suggesting, but I think it will help you get over your current roadblock :3

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
I just finished the the game using textractor. firstly, I loved the game, it was super enjoyable, and honestly I found the translations from the bing translate to be very understandable, and it mostly made sense except for a few grammatical issues which I was able to piece together anyway. So if you want to be able to get some work done on the translation reasonably, a combination between DeepL and bing translations (to have 2 different things to compare) and going over it to fix any grammatical errors would make a pretty good TL. I think it would much more reasonable to do it this way than it would be to just sit around and hope a translator happens to like the game (unless you want to actually pay a translator yourself). You can also combine anything Kuromarutaur had so you can have some translations done by a translator in there as well.

I'll be honest, tectractor was a pain in the ass to setup (took me several hours) so doing it that way wouldn't be completely meaningless, fixing any grammatical errors would also really improve the player experience for any new players, so its something to consider. Who knows, getting the translation finished might also boost the popularity of the game if you're lucky. that would certainly be a good bonus if it did happen. heh, maybe if the author noticed the spike in popularity they might make another update haha, that's very unlikely though.

Anyway, I'm just saying all of this because it seems to be a project you want to do, you have no obligation to do it the way I'm suggesting, but I think it will help you get over your current roadblock :3

It's an idea, but it would take, more than likely, considerably more effort than on just first blush.
There are several instances even with just doing it that way, where I can get the gist of it somewhat, sure. But then I run into the problem that the game engine has hard text limits. I've run into this a small handful of times with the equipment screen, to be honest. Where there's so much being said, I "get" so little of it, then somehow have to reword it all to make it fit on screen lol.

So going in and machine TL'ing is decent on first go, sure. But, I'd honestly rather have anything I help put out be at least SOMEWHAT humanly translated lol. Because trust me, there are instances even with just equipment where NOTHING gets put back out well through machine translation. That and, to be fair, I ALSO would like to be able to enjoy the game fully translated aside from just machine input.

As for the money thing, trust me, if my minimum wage job could afford it, you'd bet your butt I'd pay for it myself haha.

thekill

Dec 9, 2018
i wish you guys the best of luck, you guys even tho have imense difficulty, dont give up <3

thisisash6969

Sep 26, 2020
heyo!! I just wanted to say that I would really love a translation for this game. If anyone is making one, keep going!!

TragicSolitude

Jan 3, 2019
Just a heads up, all. I'm taking the dive and hiring a TL'er to help with getting this translated.
Please don't expect it anytime soon, as the limiting factor on this will be how OFTEN I can actually pay to have it translated.
So that'll be the biggest thing here. It'll be a few good months as I have some major personal events that will strain my budget. But know it's getting in motion, if nothing else.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes