DaVe_X

Jul 12, 2018
When you encounter an enemy, would it be possible with a tag of some sort in the first picture that tells you if the pictures will just contain nudity and no sex. It would make it easier to skip the more "boring" content.
Quite a few of the girls who only have stripping encounters in the early levels have sexual content encounters in the later levels, so make sure to save them after defeating them so that they show up again later on as you progress in the game.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
was kinda disappointed to find out that body part preference like feet wasn't a factor in the 'ai' determining the girls you face. was hoping for something like a priority on the girls with feet events after failing them too many times or something.

with that said, hoping an area for feet wins a poll and becomes a thing
Part of my reasoning is that it is already tracking a lot of things and it would dilute the impact of what it is already tracking. (Arguably I already diluted it too much with what I have). Another reason I backed away from this was that it was already kind of "been there done that" for Trials of the Succubi. There has been a resurgence of feet requesters so that type of content is going higher on my priority list even if it likely won't win the current zone poll.
When you encounter an enemy, would it be possible with a tag of some sort in the first picture that tells you if the pictures will just contain nudity and no sex. It would make it easier to skip the more "boring" content.
You can use strip to "move things along" on an encounter and then if you any not interested just type more and delete the girl once finished and you won't see that encounter again. I think having tags at the start spoils the tease / discovery aspect which is one of the main points of the game.
Yeah, I'm reluctant to do this partially for the spoiler aspect but also because I'm already very picky on what information is given to a player. If I throw too much at them from behind the curtain it can feel too mechanical and overwhelm players. The good news is I'm here to answer those questions on what exists!
are there any plans to sprinkle in some trans characters as well?
Also, does anyone use estim toys with this, and have any recommendations?
I currently don't have any plans to sprinkle in trans but this could change. My reason for this is that Hero Corruption has plenty of them for that crowd and it is not something I am asked much at all. I also think that they would be hard to work with without making that aspect the main thing they talk about which would feel almost offensive/reductive to me. Not to say I can't pull off the dialog well but it would just be more difficult and I would be fearful much of the time.

For Estim I know that is less the territory for F95zone but Milovana and reddit have fantastic and welcoming groups for this area. Let me know if you want me to PM you a discord group or Milovana invite or anything. While one device might be "better" than another, Keystroke is made to be compatible with all of them including DIY devices.

tommyboyx595

Aug 18, 2020
Part of my reasoning is that it is already tracking a lot of things and it would dilute the impact of what it is already tracking. (Arguably I already diluted it too much with what I have). Another reason I backed away from this was that it was already kind of "been there done that" for Trials of the Succubi. There has been a resurgence of feet requesters so that type of content is going higher on my priority list even if it likely won't win the current zone poll.

Yeah, I'm reluctant to do this partially for the spoiler aspect but also because I'm already very picky on what information is given to a player. If I throw too much at them from behind the curtain it can feel too mechanical and overwhelm players. The good news is I'm here to answer those questions on what exists!

I currently don't have any plans to sprinkle in trans but this could change. My reason for this is that Hero Corruption has plenty of them for that crowd and it is not something I am asked much at all. I also think that they would be hard to work with without making that aspect the main thing they talk about which would feel almost offensive/reductive to me. Not to say I can't pull off the dialog well but it would just be more difficult and I would be fearful much of the time.

For Estim I know that is less the territory for F95zone but Milovana and reddit have fantastic and welcoming groups for this area. Let me know if you want me to PM you a discord group or Milovana invite or anything. While one device might be "better" than another, Keystroke is made to be compatible with all of them including DIY devices.
Thanks so much for such a speedy and in depth reply! I'm disappointed, as hero corruption has stopped development for hero corruption 2, which honestly isn't as fun, but I understand your reasoning and still am enjoying keystroke a lot. Also, I had a misunderstanding about the estim device. For some reason, I was thinking e was for electronic, like hooking up a Bluetooth enabled vibe or stroker, but no, it's like actual electric play. My bad hahaha

rokudosenji

Sep 25, 2017
Part of my reasoning is that it is already tracking a lot of things and it would dilute the impact of what it is already tracking. (Arguably I already diluted it too much with what I have).
So after playing for awhile and seeing the diagnostic hack, I sort of came to a conclusion. You may not agree, but I feel with all of the different attributes overlapping each other, it sort of becomes almost pointless to try and look at all the different nuances in appearance when the game selects the next encounter. There are so many variables that it's too easy to have overlap of one attribute that is liked by the player such as hair color with something that isn't such as body type. I feel like a better way to go about sorting would be to be more limiting on the sorting of the physical attributes of the encounter and instead add more tags for fetishes/mechanics instead.

For example, instead of focusing on the things that are tracked such as tattoos, hair, age, and maybe even race, the focus could be shifted for getting encounters that involve hypnosis, feet, breathplay, voyeur, handcuffs, and all of the other mechanics and fetishes in the game. I feel like it could also translate to a really interesting and complex last boss, as the boss could instead focus on both some of the basic physical attributes as well as exhibit some of the mechanics that have been "ticked" along the way.

Obviously though with all of this stuff, you probably have a way better understanding of what people are looking for from other feedback you've received, so maybe the shift of focus for the algorithm is a shortsighted idea on my part. I'm also sure what I'm suggesting would lead to a mountain of work too lol. All the same, I still thought I'd share my thoughts. This is a really cool game and I'm curious to see where it goes regardless of what happens. Keep up the good work.

bobkelpie7

Sep 1, 2020
For example, instead of focusing on the things that are tracked such as tattoos, hair, age, and maybe even race, the focus could be shifted for getting encounters that involve hypnosis, feet, breathplay, voyeur, handcuffs, and all of the other mechanics and fetishes in the game.
Definitely agree on this. Encounter type has a bigger impact on my interest than the features of the girl (although they are still a factor)

I feel like it could also translate to a really interesting and complex last boss, as the boss could instead focus on both some of the basic physical attributes as well as exhibit some of the mechanics that have been "ticked" along the way.
This is really an addition feature on top but I like this as well =)

Reactions: rokudosenji

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
I feel like a better way to go about sorting would be to be more limiting on the sorting of the physical attributes of the encounter and instead add more tags for fetishes/mechanics instead.
Yeah, I can entirely see why most people think that right now and I used something very similar for TOTS. However, the original plan in Keystroke was to have a MUCH wider set of girls which I think I am only half way there. Also, with actions like BJ or hypno that might be to an end of a scene or something and not be nearly as apparent from the getgo when you run from something.

Tracking on appearance might end up being the inferior system eventually but I still wanted to try something new. The idea mostly came from the fact that XXXCOM had some girls that were pretty boner killing to me but I still realized there was an audience for some of the other appearances.

I feel like it could also translate to a really interesting and complex last boss, as the boss could instead focus on both some of the basic physical attributes as well as exhibit some of the mechanics that have been "ticked" along the way.
The cool thing about your suggestion is that this is already planned for the final boss (without needed a separate tracking system)! Hopefully I can pull it off.

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
Got a quick question. I have defeated quite a few bosses now that don't give hacks afterwards. Do I need to enter the "no more common hacks"-hack or is there another system in place? E.g. bosses just can give to two specific hacks and if they are found, you're done with that boss?
Sorry if that was explained somewhere. :confused:

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Got a quick question. I have defeated quite a few bosses now that don't give hacks afterwards. Do I need to enter the "no more common hacks"-hack or is there another system in place? E.g. bosses just can give to two specific hacks and if they are found, you're done with that boss?
Sorry if that was explained somewhere. :confused:
The funny answer is I'm not entirely sure. The hack drop code was made by someone else and then modified by someone else after that where I am just trying to work within it's confines. That being said - I'm pretty sure what is happening is that as you fill up your hack database it becomes more and more difficult to find new drops. This is partially on purpose to force discussion and sharing at some level. However, I'm still trying to figure out how best way for this to happen or if it is something I need to stop pushing for.

I can assure you that hack drops are not specific to certain bosses but the drop chance goes up the later level boss you beat.

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
Haha, okay, thank you for your answer anyway. Have found the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
hack, so am quite happy with finding most hacks with that.
Having played through the game a few times I wonder, what is the "Taboo Value" for?
P.S. you're doing a great job, thank you indyc!

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Having played through the game a few times I wonder, what is the "Taboo Value" for?
P.S. you're doing a great job, thank you indyc!
Currently it is underused but has the biggest impact in the Spooky Town heart loss scene. It will be built upon in the future but I don't know how far I'll be able to take it. I'm glad you still like it so much!

Desdenovum

Mar 13, 2018
Oh and another question, there is an „ending“ where you’re getting transformed. In addition to that you get a hack from it.
1. how do you get to that scene exactly?
2. when I enter the two part hack it initializes with the first phrase, but when I enter the second, it just blocks it, even tho the virginity-precondition is given. (Don’t remember the exact wording) am I doing something wrong?

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Oh and another question, there is an „ending“ where you’re getting transformed. In addition to that you get a hack from it.
1. how do you get to that scene exactly?
2. when I enter the two part hack it initializes with the first phrase, but when I enter the second, it just blocks it, even tho the virginity-precondition is given. (Don’t remember the exact wording) am I doing something wrong?
1. I believe that ending happens from losing to the possession boss of the Spooky Town stage.
2. You do each phrase separately. I just tested that one and it is working despite having a grammar mistake I need to fix haha.

Enter the first prompt and press enter. Then for the next prompt you put the second part in and submit that. It should work if you have enough ladybugs.

Let me know if you have anything else!

WhiteTool

Aug 31, 2021
How do you do the alternative path of the final boss? I just tried it, and once again I got softlocked because Lilaya was deleted from the previous run. I'm on the newest update.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
How do you do the alternative path of the final boss? I just tried it, and once again I got softlocked because Lilaya was deleted from the previous run. I'm on the newest update.
The softlock was supposed to be fixed in the latest patch.(There have been about 6 patch versions attached and the latest should be the one with that fix)

What version does it say it is? If it really is the latest then I have no idea why that would happen and would need more info. I assume it would be another infinite loop but do you know what it says last etc? Sorry this is happening to you, hope to fix it soon!

saikosan

Jul 22, 2017
I think I've went through most of the content of this game and have been stuck at 54/55 hacks for a long time. I have been holding off posting since I'd figure others would share and didn't want to spoil anything myself, but it seems like the drop rate for this last hack is either very low or its bugged. I've restarted from 0 hacks multiple times and still end up with the same hack missing. I also can't seem to figure out how to use 4 of the hacks (this might have to do with the hack i'm missing, but not sure).

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
I think I've went through most of the content of this game and have been stuck at 54/55 hacks for a long time. I have been holding off posting since I'd figure others would share and didn't want to spoil anything myself, but it seems like the drop rate for this last hack is either very low or its bugged. I've restarted from 0 hacks multiple times and still end up with the same hack missing. I also can't seem to figure out how to use 4 of the hacks (this might have to do with the hack i'm missing, but not sure).

It is very possible that there is a bug preventing completion on this end. I honestly don't know how to look for it. I do know that there is some tamper proofing of it that makes it even more complicated. It also makes it harder to find because I am usually adding more to it as well.

I know it would require a lot of you but if you want to PM me your entire list I can fill you in whatever gap there might be. It might also help me find what is missing. (I can reward you with s towards earning a commission)

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
i like the game. the shortering timer gets annoying sometimes. finally managed to beat the final boss(spamming resets early and adding files) and now i am left with 2 questions.

1.what can you do against slugs? she just keeps stunning me for multible turns later on and its very annoying.
2.where can we meet the genie again after we free her?

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
i like the game. the shortering timer gets annoying sometimes. finally managed to beat the final boss(spamming resets early and adding files) and now i am left with 2 questions.

1.what can you do against slugs? she just keeps stunning me for multible turns later on and its very annoying.
2.where can we meet the genie again after we free her?
The shortening timer still is on the watchlist for me to see if I can get it preforming any better. It is somewhat necessary to keep ramping the tension up and to adjust to the skill level of all keyboard and phone numbers. I'll also consider if people want something in-between normal and casual modes.

1. Not much. She does that each time she hits 3 snails and consumes all 3 so it should not be happening back to back. I suggest timing your attacks around it.
2. Currently she only exists in school and princess stages. I know her dialog leads you to believe she will be back in a later zone. She will - but I haven't made that yet sadly.

Reactions: MUHkuhMITpoCREEME
4.30 star(s) 11 Votes