Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
I know you can do that with the godmode hack... now that I see it again that's what it did.
I've honestly only run into that boss once, last few library runs got the other boss. Not sure if it's something specific to that encounter or not, or if you somehow turned godmode on.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Why is it letting me just click Perfect on this boss? It doesn't seem to be costing me bugs or anything.
View attachment 3247770
First off you started playing the online version during a lot of Milovana website maintenance which has been making it nearly unplayable for me. The offline version with patch should avoid much of this for the time being but otherwise most of the time the online version is the most "stable" and up to date. I'm excited that you are giving it a try and sticking with it even if your first impression was not the best.

Yes, having to lose to see the most sexy stuff was a core decision I made to tempt the player. In my personal opinion, having an "easy" game that tempts you enough to fail on purpose or to risk a little bit here and there is my sweet spot. If doing well was the only way to see sexy stuff then the core mechanics and difficulty would have to be on point which adult games rarely are. Each time you succeed at a boss you should be gaining hacks that open up new playstyles and even new content. Thus - you are rewarded by simply playing however you want. (or at least that was the goal)

Regarding your screenshot, that looks a lot like an active god mode. However, it could also be a bug that activated this mode on accident. It is hard for me to know with the current state of Milovana's editor.

Darkenedlight thanks so much for jumping in and giving all of those great responses!

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Not sure if it's something specific to that encounter or not, or if you somehow turned godmode on.
It didn't keep giving me that option for further encounters. I'm not sure how Godmode could've been activated temporarily.

So it's in theory learning your type over time. It's not 100% accurate, but it works pretty well considering.
That is an aspect of the game that appeals to me, but I fear my tastes might be too eclectic for an AI system like this to handle. I don't care much for overweight girls, but other than that, I'm pretty open. In terms of things like tall or short, big or small boobs, light or dark skin, etc., I care way more about how pretty the girl's face is, and "pretty" is a very subjective, human thing.

Yes, having to lose to see the most sexy stuff was a core decision I made to tempt the player. In my personal opinion, having an "easy" game that tempts you enough to fail on purpose or to risk a little bit here and there is my sweet spot.
I don't mind a game where you can "pick your moment" and choose to sometimes fail strategically, but it still feels kinda weird in this game that if you do well, you get to see nothing fun, and if you want to see the fun stuff, you just do nothing. But I'll keep trying, maybe I'll get used to it.

What's the deal with blue balls and cumming? It doesn't seem to give me any "relief" even if I lose.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
It didn't keep giving me that option for further encounters. I'm not sure how Godmode could've been activated temporarily.
It can't, this very much sounds like a bug that I wish I could fix if the servers weren't messed up right now.

I don't mind a game where you can "pick your moment" and choose to sometimes fail strategically, but it still feels kinda weird in this game that if you do well, you get to see nothing fun, and if you want to see the fun stuff, you just do nothing. But I'll keep trying, maybe I'll get used to it.
I definitely didn't mean for you to see nothing while playing well. Also, some of the most fun stuff requires you to do something other than typing. Hearing stuff like this might mean I set my balance between the two in the wrong place.

What's the deal with blue balls and cumming? It doesn't seem to give me any "relief" even if I lose.
Those are a status affect that certain girls give that gets worse the longer you go without "relief". Many of the girls give you the chance to relieve yourself to rid yourself of that affect at a cost. I'm never sure if I should reset status affects after a heart loss but have been learning towards no. These could be one of the ones I remove if others think I should.

Reactions: DaVe_X

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I definitely didn't mean for you to see nothing while playing well.
When I said "nothing fun," I basically meant "no tiddies."

Also, some of the most fun stuff requires you to do something other than typing.
Yeah, I'm usually pretty bad at figuring stuff like that out. When games have like "do X to get the reward on this level, but then X won't work on the next level," I usually end up just consulting a walkthrough. My brain isn't flexible enough for that sort of thing.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Okay, now I have the "leaking" status, and I still have no fucking clue how to cum.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Okay, now I have the "leaking" status, and I still have no fucking clue how to cum.
This is one of those "you need experience with the game" moments. Certain scenes when you let them play out far enough will make you cum during the scene. Those are how to get rid of the horny status, or any of the upgraded versions of it. Except for gooning, which causes more files to get lost.

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
But there's no way to know which ones, other than having played them before?
Yeah kind of other than knowing what they are hinting at in dialog. Because a hack hasn't been shared in a while this can help with your specific "needs".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Looking at it now I realize I should have put 20 files in the input box... Oh well...

Reactions: DaVe_X

parachina

Oct 3, 2017
Was really hyped to try this after reading the reviews. Unfortunately, the phone version didnt work for me kept getting stuck or crashing when trying to start the game, maybe it's because my phone is old

indyc

Game Developer
Jun 15, 2017
Was really hyped to try this after reading the reviews. Unfortunately, the phone version didnt work for me kept getting stuck or crashing when trying to start the game, maybe it's because my phone is old
It is not your old phone. There is server maintenance happening that hasn't finished yet causing it to be unplayable. I'll send an update out when it is fixed! Thank you for your patience, so sorry they are doing this.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
I think maybe the main reason this game is so hard for me to wrap my brain around is that I don't get any reward if I win, but there also isn't a reward for Game Over. Sometimes losing is winning, and sometimes it's still just losing. It's abundantly clear that typing the given prompts is not the correct way to see lewd content, but it's not always clear what is (that is, it's not always clear how to lose just enough to see the sexy pics without losing so much that you actually lose).

For players who like trying to figure out complex systems, I can see how that might be appealing. For people like me who just feel confused by that, I'd like to make a suggestion about how you could add a "win by winning" path. You could make a gallery where players can review each of the scenes, and have a metacurrency (something that you keep after Game Overs) which you earn more of when you win, and can be used to unlock scenes in the gallery. The cost to unlock a scene could be decremented a little each time you see the scene in the game (and by a little more if you lose), so people can still unlock scenes in the gallery without using the metacurrency at all, but someone like me who gets confused and overwhelmed by this "lose but don't lose" framework can just grind out coins playing it as a simple typing game, that has censored previews of the rewards I'll unlock by winning. And then when you unlock the scene in the gallery, it would play out the same way as in the game, but with no cost to use hacks and an unlimited number of files, so you can't ever reach 100% corruption (that's so it would still feel like being in the game, and not just looking at a slideshow, which I could already do on any number of free sites).

Reactions: Oluap-Player

bobkelpie7

Sep 1, 2020
I think maybe the main reason this game is so hard for me to wrap my brain around is that I don't get any reward if I win, but there also isn't a reward for Game Over. Sometimes losing is winning, and sometimes it's still just losing. It's abundantly clear that typing the given prompts is not the correct way to see lewd content, but it's not always clear what is (that is, it's not always clear how to lose just enough to see the sexy pics without losing so much that you actually lose).
If you approach the game as more of a "story" it might work better for you. The game is about viruses (girls) that are trying to tempt you to let them win by not fighting back (typing). At the end of the day this is a game of submission. The "right way" to play is to fight when something doesn't interest you and let the virus win when it tempts you with something you find sexy (submit).

One of the more interesting aspects of this game is that there are interactions that you won't see (or understand) on the first few playthroughs. I would suggest you don't focus so much on winning / losing the overall game and just enjoy each encounter.

I have played through multiple times and still not made it to the end boss (even though I can type fast enough to make it there if I wanted to) because there is a lot of different variations on losing (submitting) along the way which I am still discovering.

Anyway just my 2c

Reactions: indyc and DaVe_X

DaVe_X

Jul 12, 2018
I definitely didn't mean for you to see nothing while playing well. Also, some of the most fun stuff requires you to do something other than typing. Hearing stuff like this might mean I set my balance between the two in the wrong place.
Apologies in advance for the Great Wall o' Text. Hopefully someone gets something out of reading it!

Long time thread lurker, first time poster. Been playing the game off and on now for a couple of weeks, probably a good two dozen or so playthroughs. And I have to say, I beg to differ. I think you've nailed that balance perfectly, my man.

Going in, I had zero experience with these typing-based tease games so initially I was just focused on the prompts and the timer - trying to "beat" every single girl thinking that was how to "win." I type crazy fast so that was never really a challenge for me so I came away like the poster above thinking "what the H, I'm not getting to see jack squat in terms of sexy time, what gives?"

But continuing to play on, I realized I was approaching the game totally wrong. It's not like a traditional game where you just try to max out your efforts to "win." The player has to approach this game differently and instead of trying to dominate it, you have to strategically balance when you "win" and when you "lose," as "losing" in this game is actually still giving the player a reward in terms of getting to see what you want to see, hence the whole point of the game, which is temptation.

Once I figured that out, I fell in love with playing it, as that's where the strategy comes into play. With all the play time now logged under my belt I've figured out how to balance it to where I get to see (mostly) what I want to see while still holding on to enough hearts to keep progressing forward to each level. That's where I feel you've balanced things perfectly, as there's still times where I don't get the balance quite right and end up falling short on level 3 or so, or I make it to BossyPants and don't have enough files or bugs left to take her down. That, coupled with all the variety of different girls to discover, leads to this game having a TON of replayability.

If you're a player feeling frustrated that to "win" you're not seeing enough of what you want, then you really need to try thinking things through better as you take on each girl, and adjusting your thought process as to how you approach the game. If she's not someone you're interested in, then blitz through the text and smoke her ftw. If she's someone you do want to play around with, then you need to know when to type so you get her low enough that you can still beat her before cumming at the end, but also know when to use "wait", when to use "strip", when to use "run", and most importantly, when and how to use your hacks to still get to see what you want to see without dropping a life, or losing max file count by cumming. The girls with the unique abilities and afflictions can actually help you out with this sometimes if you pay attention to what they're saying and/or offering. In short, it's absolutely possible to get what you want out of each girl and still progress if you play your cards right, but it is a challenge and most certainly a balancing act, and THAT is the fun of this game!

I recommend keeping a text file that lists all the hacks, what they do, and how many/what bugs they cost to use. That way you always know what you have at your disposal to take them down while still getting the most "show" out of them as possible. Just also keep in mind you are going to need a certain amount of specific hacks to help you defeat big bad boss lady at the end. Again, choose wisely what you use and when you use it!

All in all I love this game and how it's set up so I hope (to dev) that you don't rework much of the balance in it. I think it's great as it is, as it's a challenge (that is still beatable if you know what you're doing), instead of the usual "click here click that see bewbs" that most adult games are. I guess if a player is just looking to rub one out then maybe this isn't the best game for that, but then again, know what you're playing beforehand and adjust your expectations accordingly. The whole point of this game is to be a tease and temptation balancing act, not to just bombard you with easy peasy tiddies.

I also wanna say (again to the dev) hats off as well for being creative with the game's premise. Too many adult games follow the same old same old dating sim storyline/environment and this is anything but that. In a sea of "been there, done that" games, this one stands out as unique in a lot of ways and that's awesome. I'm glad I stumbled upon it as it opened me up to a whole new type of game engine and adult game mechanic that I thoroughly am enjoying. I've since also given Trials of the Succubi a try and am loving that as well so far for all the same reasons that I enjoy this game.

I hold myself to subscribing to only 5 Patreons at any given time, but there's a couple where the updates have really died off, so when I drop one or two of them I'll definitely be replacing their sub with subscribing to this one as it seems you're very active in communicating with your playerbase in terms of discussing the game and keeping people in the loop on Patreon each week as to what you're doing and where the next update is at, as well as putting out a good product that is also unique and highly enjoyable. Good on you, Sir! (y)

As for critiques, I don't have many, as I really enjoy the game as is. The needing to transition from mouse to keyboard gets tedious, but that's a game engine limitation that not much of anything can be done about.

I wouldn't mind if some explanation was added to some of the afflictions and player states in the inventory (not sure what else to call it) portion of the screen. Like, if we were able to hover over the icons and a text blurb popped up giving some detail to what the icon represents and what effects it's having on our player state.

Would also like if the "new hacks" from the Camping zone were added to our hacks database. That would be helpful. Might also be nice if those new bugs were available in other areas than just that one, but maybe that is coming down the road in future updates, I dunno?

Some extra categories on the girl preferences would be nice too I think. For example, I'm an ass man so would be cool if that was a category in this game like it is in Trials of the Succubi. Maybe a category for FFF or FFM or "group" as some of the photosets feature those scenarios. Stuff like that.

The only real irritation I've come across while playing is browser function and save state locations. I use Opera GX as my main browser and for the life of me I can't get sound in the game to function at all when using that browser. Not a big deal as I just used Chrome instead as I keep that installed for playing around with Stable Diffusion and AI image generation in Automatic1111. Game works fine in that browser, but I'm also a habitual and incessant drive space cleaner, so whenever I clean my rig up with CCleaner before shutting down, my saves were always getting deleted. That drove me nuts as I really like keeping my girl preferences in tact for new playthroughs, so I searched and searched in Chrome's AppData files trying to find the save, but gave up after an hour of no joy, lol.

So on to Firefox I went and the game works perfectly as well in that browser and I was able to find the save files for both this game and Trials of the Succubi. For anyone wanting to know where and what they are, they can be found in the following locations if you play the game on the Firefox browser:

Keystroke: C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qh0e1pc2.default-release\storage\default\http+++127.0.0.1+5000\ls

File you're looking for is data.sqlite

Trials of the Succubi: C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\qh0e1pc2.default-release\storage\default\http+++127.0.0.1+6969\ls

File you're looking for here is also named data.sqlite

For the record my system runs Windows 10 Pro 22H2. If you're on a different OS the above locations will be different. Also, if you use CCleaner like I do, you can add those two files to the "exclude" list so that way they never get deleted and will always be there for future playthroughs. Worth doing if you play the game alot and don't want to lose your girl preferences, etc.

Anyways that's it. Kudos to anyone who read this entire wall of text. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so when I do post it ends up being a novel. I rarely post on any games here, but this one I like and had a lot to say on, so apologies if I rambled on too long. Keep up the great work, dev. Love the game as is!

Cheers all, have a good day. :cool:

DaVe_X

Jul 12, 2018
There really is no clear way to do what you're wanting there. The thing with this game is you have to not look at it in the way you've been trained to approach other games - that is trying to find a linear path or mechanic to dominate and beat it. You have to think of it more as a balancing act - where "winning" is on one side and "losing" is on the other. The key is to try to balance between the two sides. That's how you get what you want from the girls, but are also still able to progress further in the game and beat it.

A good place to start to train yourself to think that way is to do the following with the more "basic" girls that don't have unique states or afflictions attached to playing them:

Type in the early stages to get their stability down to where you can beat them with one or two final prompts. Then decide how many files you're willing to lose to see what you want to see later in their encounter when it matters to you. Do that until you've reached your threshold that you're willing to lose in terms of files and then give your final prompt to beat them.

Once you've gotten that pattern down decently enough, start using your hacks to get everything you want out of them while still being able to beat them at the end before you either lose a life or cum and reduce your max file count. You need to keep that file count high if you want to beat the boss in the final stage!

Once you've unlocked enough hacks and understand when and how to use them you can absolutely see everything you want to see and still beat the girl at the end. Hacks. are. key.

Some other things to keep in mind is the basic prompts - run, wait, and especially strip. Strip is basic, but quite powerful because you can use it to skip a lot of the girls' "filler" sequences that they use to corrupt your files and string you along. The key there is to know when to use it and that can vary from girl to girl.

Basic summarization:
Type in early stages to get their stability reasonably low
Use strip to get them nuded up quicker, thus saving your files
Master hacks that allow you to see everything you want while still being able to de-stabilize and beat them. Seriously, hacks are KEY to getting what you want while still being able to progress!
After deciding you've seen enough, hit them with the right hack or the deathblow final typing prompt to beat them and avoid losing a life or max file count

There's variables to all that depending on the girl you're facing and if she can cast special states or afflictions on you, but if you get that pattern of strategy down, you're good to go and can even bank lives and files to go all-in on a girl you really wanna play around with.

It can be difficult at times, and a balancing act for sure, but if you play your cards right you can absolutely get everything you want (for the most part) from the various girls and still progress through the game. Afterall, that's the point of this game, it's all about temptation, it's up to you to decide how to manage that. ;)

As for your suggestion that the dev create a more "linear" mode for people who don't want to play it as intended, that's not really reasonable (or feasible for that matter tbh) for the following two reasons:

1. That would basically mean creating an entire 2nd game within the game. I seriously doubt he'd want to even attempt that as creating one game is enough work as it is.
2. More importantly, that would go against the entire point and theme of this game. It's not supposed to be linear, and it's not supposed to be easy peasy boobies. It's about teasing and the player managing the temptation of the teasing to find a way to get the best of both worlds. If he were to make a different mode that just let you win and see everything by doing nothing but typing successful prompts that would go against the entire point of the game and what he was going for by creating it in the first place. Plus, honestly, that sounds pretty repetitive and boring (in my opinion).

Anyways, just maybe try some of the base strategies I laid out above and I think you'll find you can get everything you want out of the girls once you get good at playing along that track and strategy. Good luck!

DaVe_X

Jul 12, 2018
Those are a status affect that certain girls give that gets worse the longer you go without "relief". Many of the girls give you the chance to relieve yourself to rid yourself of that affect at a cost. I'm never sure if I should reset status affects after a heart loss but have been learning towards no. These could be one of the ones I remove if others think I should.
I'd lean as well to no on that.

I was looking over the text file where I saved the various hacks I've found and their effects and isn't there a hack that already does exactly that? I won't give away the prompt for said hack, but the description for it reads "clears a system status (player inflicted with "x" state)"

Anyways, maybe there could be a happy medium between resetting status after a heart loss or not. Instead of coding it to reset after heart loss, maybe have an option for it in the various Liya scenes after losing a life? Could play out that the option presents itself if the player goes beyond just the basic dialogue/scenario with her. E.g. in the "photoshoot" one if you take the scene all the way and select the "clean her with a towel" option maybe she presents the choice to clear the infliction status but at a cost of files or bugs?

Same could be implemented with Tori's game over scene where she restores one final heart for the player.

Either way, I don't like the idea of the affliction just being auto-removed. It's fun trying to balance getting rid of it myself with losing files / a heart. Fits better with the spirit of the game in my opinion.

Darkenedlight

Apr 25, 2018
Would also like if the "new hacks" from the Camping zone were added to our hacks database. That would be helpful. Might also be nice if those new bugs were available in other areas than just that one, but maybe that is coming down the road in future updates, I dunno?
Not to ignore the rest, as it's a pretty good explanation of a way to play this... to answer this part, there is a section for advanced hacks once you finish going through the whole list.

Been going through the police area lately so I haven't touched those bugs in a bit, but it currently orders them by the amount of bugs you have. If anything, the hud might need to be expanded to show more of them on screen.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
As for your suggestion that the dev create a more "linear" mode for people who don't want to play it as intended, that's not really reasonable (or feasible for that matter tbh) for the following two reasons:
Sorry, I don't think I ever suggested a linear mode, as far as I can recall. I suggested a gallery, which is a feature that would still be worthwhile even if there were no metacurrency or any other changes to the gameplay (my understanding is that scenes come up semi-randomly within their zones, so if you wanted to go back and look at a favorite scene, there wouldn't be any way to do that immediately or dependably).

Note also that I said, "The cost to unlock a scene could be decremented a little each time you see the scene in the game (and by a little more if you lose)." I wasn't trying to get too detailed with my suggestion, but that should be a hint that I was not suggesting the gallery would be "easy peasy boobies." If seeing the scene decreased the price just a little, then it would take a lot of grinding to get either the coins or the "scene XP" to unlock something. I might have to play a scene maybe 10 times before it could be unlocked, which means that I would probably be getting a lot more familiar with how the game works and how it's normally meant to be played. It's possible that at that point, I would not even need the gallery, except as a way to review and reminisce about the scenes I had already "conquered." But in the meantime, if I played through a scene ten times or even more, and never had the lightbulb moment where I was able to successfully rewire my brain from how I've been trained to approach other games, then I would still have something to show for my efforts. That seems pretty reasonable to me, and the great thing about it is that people who don't want to play that way lose absolutely nothing. All they have to do is never click on the gallery button, and their experience of the game will change by exactly 0.0%.

miyuki25

Apr 24, 2019
For anyone wanting to know where and what they are, they can be found in the following locations if you play the game on the Firefox browser:
It's worth noting that the alphanumeric code preceding .default-release will be different for each person, and depending on your settings that ID code might be followed only by .default or perhaps something else entirely. Also, I would be cautious of sharing your specific ID (which is why I didn't include yours in this post); I don't know enough about the inner workings of the Firefox profiles system to say if these are merely a local UID or if they actually correspond to the online component of the profile, but being overly cautious here won't hurt. Finally, saves for the pre-2.0 release of this game are under http+++127.0.0.1+6700 as the game used to run on port 6700 originally.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes